GB HOMEPAGE

The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 02:09 PM

You can download The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

Quote:
Track down a friend who has disappeared on a tropical island! As you explore lost temples, devastated coastlines, and abandoned villages, you'll uncover a 60-year-old mystery surrounding a shaman and his efforts to save his island in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship. Collect cleverly Hidden Objects, solve cunning puzzles, and help the shaman stop fate in its tracks before a deadly tidal wave rises up from the sea and wipes out his people!

Incredible gameplay
Wonderful graphics
Save a tropical island!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.
Play the original The Treasures of Mystery Island

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 03:29 PM

I love this game. Played demo for 10 min. and bought it.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 03:40 PM

It's fantastic and very long. You get a lot of great gaming for the money.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 04:15 PM

I loved the first two games in this series and 20 minutes into the demo I knew I would love this one as well. rah
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 04:35 PM

Is it a FROG? I hope so - I just love FROGS happydance

I loved the frist two games also rah

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 04:38 PM

It is, and a very good one!

Ana wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 04:46 PM

Ooh goody goody - Cant wait to play this happydance

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 07:42 PM

The walkthrough is on Big Fish now, written by Ana! happydance wave
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 07:52 PM

Just finished it - been playing all day. A really great game

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/02/11 08:57 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Jenny!

Thanks Marian! grin

Ana wave
Posted By: Darlene

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 12:02 AM

smile Baaged it as well!
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 12:45 AM

Thanks Ana, This is a great game! thumbsup

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 01:00 AM

I'm really glad you all are enjoying it.

Ana wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 04:17 AM

If this game is as good as you folks say it is, it makes me wonder why they didnt release it as a CE, but I am glad they didnt, of course.
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 10:11 AM

Very nice walkthrough! wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 11:20 AM

I bought it outright, without playing the demo, based on what you folks said about it happydance
Posted By: thracia

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 11:59 AM

Just witing for my punch card credits to get this one. I enjoyed the other ones too.

thracia
Posted By: Redz

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 01:26 PM

This is a really great game! For those of you who love the morphs, there are more than 50 to find. It is also a very long game. All the "stuff" we love about Collector's Editions without the price. Buy it! You won't be sorry, I promise.bravo

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: thracia
Just witing for my punch card credits to get this one. I enjoyed the other ones too.

thracia

We were told on the Big Fish forums that our punch card credits for March are going to be sent out on Monday. wave

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 03:18 PM

Thanks Becky! hearts
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 04:45 PM

I just finished. That was some great game. I think I like that one the best in their series.
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 05:19 PM

ooooo, I don't dare demo! I loved the other 2 and gotta wait for the punch card credits and game credit tomorrow!!!

(maybe I'll just play a little and then try not to think about it) bunny

Koalanut
Posted By: Redz

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 06:21 PM

Just finished. What an eerily timely ending! Kudos to the developers praise
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 06:58 PM

Rosaboobie,

What is a FROG?

After I posted this I found that it means fragmented hidden object but what does it mean by "fragmented" ?

Thanks!

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 07:12 PM

Fragmented or Fractured Hidden Object. It's when you need to find pieces of the items instead of an item list.
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/03/11 07:17 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: gamenut

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/04/11 02:13 PM

This was a wonderful game! I am really fond of games that have water in them and this one does and many times it is Very believable..very. Good atmosphere. Only problem i had was usually had to use a hint because of those darn small pieces of the objects..but did not keep me from enjoying the game. Hope another soon...and in a nice ''watery'' location!
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/04/11 03:57 PM

Question. I'd really like to have this game, but it downloads really slow. (some games do, others zip-zip) Can I play something while it d-loads? Or, will that mess it up?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/04/11 04:22 PM

You can play something while it downloads. The game Manager will take care of it.

Ana wave
Posted By: katbear50

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/05/11 09:45 AM

The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

This was a most excellent game, most fun
I've had playing a game in a good while.
This $6.99 game put most any of those $13.99 CE's to shame!
I agree with gamenut, some of the fractured pieces were
a wee bit of a challenge to find,
but if you take a few moments to familiarize yourself with
the 'habits' of the developers
you will find them opening right up for you.
I give this one 2 thimbs up!
thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/05/11 07:36 PM

Is this game more like the first Treasures of Mystery Island or the second. I liked the first one and bought it, but decided not to get the second after playing the demo.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/05/11 07:38 PM

I'd say it's more like the second game, Jenny, although my opinion is based on only 30 minutes of gameplay so far.
Posted By: rmelone

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/06/11 07:41 PM

Has anyone else been experiencing choppy mouse movement in the game?

I've had this problem with other games so I'm beginning to think it may be my PC. I recently updated to Windows 7 but I would hope that shouldn't matter.

I can get out of the "choppiness" by doing alt-tab and then going back to the game but it seems to be happening more and more often (and I'm only playing the demo.)

Robert

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/06/11 08:33 PM

Is there a custom cursor option in the menu that you can shut off?

I sure wouldn't think that your mouse issues would be due to Windows 7. I don't know what else to suggest other than sending a Dr. Felix report to Big Fish. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/07/11 09:17 PM

Well, I bought this one based on the good reviews here after playing just a few minutes of the demo. At first I thought I'd made a mistake. But as someone else pointed out, once I got the hang of the game I started to really enjoy it. I am using Hints pretty frequently to find the smaller pieces. But overall, well worth my time and money.
Posted By: rmelone

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/08/11 08:12 PM

I tried changing the cursor and the screen resolution but still have the same problem.

As far as I know I have the latest video driver - which I'm sure is one of the things that's recommended.

I noticed on the BFG forum for this game some people were having a similar problem - along with some other problems.

Maybe BFG will release a fix - hopefully.

Robert
Posted By: lyndal

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/08/11 11:20 PM

I'm playing this game now and not having any problems. I really like the game and am really enjoying it. Hope you can get your problems worked out and wish I could help but I would probably make it worse if I tried to help,lol. Good luck.

I finished this game last night and I really liked it. One of those games you want to finish but are sad to finish, know what I mean? Well worth the purchase.

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/09/11 10:42 PM

Glad you enjoyed the game, Lynda. You would probably also enjoy the first two Treasures of Mystery Island games as well. smile

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/10/11 12:52 AM

Thanks Marian, I'm going to check those out. Did you get the hail this afternoon? I want spring!

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/10/11 01:26 AM

I didn't notice any hail but I might have missed it due to playing a game this afternoon. We had about 4-6 inches of snow here yesterday, but it's all melted away now. smile

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 04/10/11 02:10 AM

We had about the same amount of snow, gone now too. I just played a trial version of the second Treasures of Mystery Island but it was not a good as The Ghost Ship, too easy, too many hints even if I checked that I did not want them. They really improved on the Ghost Ship. Thanks though, it was worth a try.
Posted By: Laurette

Treasures of Mystery Island Ghost Ship - 05/05/11 11:02 PM

I'm playing this game, and I feel it's really worth the price. So far - great game and seems long and involved.

Re: Treasures of Mystery Island Ghost Ship - 05/05/11 11:54 PM

Glad you like it!

Ana wave
Posted By: smitty145

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/06/11 07:08 PM

This is a beautiful game! I'm enjoying the graphics and pleasant music. Thanks to General Tips in Ana's WT I'm watching for the morphing objects, always a plus. thumbsup

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/06/11 07:27 PM

I love morphing objects, they are such fun!

Happy gaming. rah

Ana wave
Posted By: lexxy

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/06/11 09:18 PM

I see a sale of $4.99 for games, but it states that it's "for new customers only", does this mean for first time purchases only?

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/06/11 09:42 PM

Yes, lexxy, that's what it means. wave
Posted By: lexxy

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/07/11 02:12 AM

Thanks ...just thought it was worth a try(lol).
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship - New IHOG on BIgFish - 05/08/11 11:50 PM

This is one of the few and probably the only game with fragmented objects that I have relished. FROGs are usually the equivalent of giant flashbacks in narrative which impede forward motion like a sack of stones on the story and puzzles. Ninety percent of the time, Ghost Ship's FRO scenes actually moved the action onward. I can find some glaring examples of the difference in narrative skill if anyone is interested. It will take time because I deleted them unfinished.

Ghost Ship was a big surprise for me.

The puzzles were too easy. That's my only gripe.

I also liked the lilting Carol Reed type music, soothing choice for looking for slivers of shovels and paint brushes.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community