GB HOMEPAGE

Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 01:12 PM

You can download Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
After a group of young students go missing, the Mystery Trackers are called in to search the city of Raincliff! Tackle this difficult case and unravel the strange mystery to save the students! Explore the entire town and discover who is watching your every move in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff! Use your Hidden Object talents to carefully dissect scenes and piece together perplexing puzzles!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus gameplay
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wonderful Wallpapers
Stunning Screensavers

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: Marian

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 01:44 PM

Wow, this is the biggest download size we've seen for a CE thus far. wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 01:58 PM

What a great game played 1/2 hr. and only two HOs.
Hints recharge really fast about 20 sec. There was no click penalty, I think it's a buy for me.
Richard
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 03:52 PM

I think it's another Dire Grove type of game.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 04:04 PM

It sure looks that way, Flo. I really enjoyed Dire Grove so if this game is similar, I'm pretty sure I will like it. smile
Posted By: menahune

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 04:14 PM

This one is for me - I was hooked at the first screen - I'm a pushover for snow scenes. Maybe it's because we don't have snow here (only a few flakes once a year), and I miss it

Did you see the gorgeous frosted window at the sheriff's?

Janice
Posted By: Adorable

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 04:55 PM

Just a question: why is BFG piling CEs one on top of another? I have a list of 7 waiting for them to become "regular" games. I don't want or need all the extras but I wish they would put out both versions in a timely manner (maybe a week or two apart). Not complaining just curious.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 05:13 PM

That would be a question for BF.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 08:48 PM

Just played the demo. Really liked this one! Some unique puzzles and not too many Hidden Object scenes.

I already bought my monthly CE, though. I should really wait until next month to buy this one...I really should. Yes, that would be the prudent thing to do. Indeed.
Jeanne

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanne
I already bought my monthly CE, though. I should really wait until next month to buy this one...I really should. Yes, that would be the prudent thing to do. Indeed.
Jeanne

Keep trying to convince yourself. wink
Posted By: GBC

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 10:11 PM

Jeanne, I am on the same track. Game is great. Resisting the pull to the buy button. whistle

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
[quote=Jeanne]I already bought my monthly CE, though. I should really wait until next month to buy this one...I really should. Yes, that would be the prudent thing to do. Indeed.
Jeanne

Good luck with that Jeanne. rah

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/11 11:43 PM

Well, I just succumbed and bought the game. I have little backbone when it comes to this sort of temptation. blush

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 02:09 AM

I seem to have hit a glitch? At the bank, to open the night safe, we're to set the numbers to match those on the shield 24 08 1572. I played with it for quite a long time and then hit the skip button.

Numbers were shifted about speedily and when they stopped the correct date was not there and I couldn't move any of the buttons to open the drawer.

Anybody there yet? maybe I should ask BigFish about this one.

Janice

I looked at the forums in BigFish and it seems there are many folks having the same problem

Waiting now to hear back from BigFish

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 02:22 AM

Yes, I read about that problem that some folks were having. We will have to wait and see if there is a fix. Although not an optimal solution, at least the player is able to bypass the problem using the skip-puzzle option.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 03:14 AM

no, no - it's the skip that creates the problem

one person was able to bypass the problem by NOT skipping - she started again from the beginning

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: menahune
no, no - it's the skip that creates the problem

one person was able to bypass the problem by NOT skipping - she started again from the beginning

Thanks for letting me know; I had completely misunderstood the problem! wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 05:10 PM

I used the skip without any problems. Really a nice game more of a adventure than a HOG. Hardly any HO. I like the random clicking.
Richard
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/11 05:17 PM

This game is fantastic in all ways. Beautiful graphics,thrilling story, few times I jumped as they use music to build atmosphere in the game that makes you want to run and hide. Never seen a game do that before,normally music stays the same but when something scary happens music changes and chases you.

I bought the game because it has so much interacive things to do. Fast hint refills. Easy to skip puzzles. Clear Hidden object screens.
More speech would have been great like in Dire, but that is only thing I would have liked to see improved.

The mini puzzles are very interesting also. If you like more adventure in your game,free to roam around this game may be what your looking for,it is for me.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/09/11 02:20 PM

The developers have been posting on the Big Fish forums and are saying that a new build for this game should be released soon, probably sometime this evening.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/09/11 05:38 PM

Maybe I will wait till tomorrow to download it, ya think?

Bets

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/09/11 05:41 PM

I had no problems with the game the first time through but since the new build is supposedly imminent, if it were up to me, I would wait.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/09/11 06:33 PM

Thanks, Ana!
I was dying to get this one and finally bought it yesterday.
Picking up frogs are a plus but do have one problem...I'm shivering and had to put on my hoodie. I feel like I'm in a room of ice and snow with howling wind.....or is it the off guarded scares I got so far hmmm. rotfl

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/09/11 07:29 PM

rotfl If you catch a cold, don't blame me, blame BigFish! lol

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/11 03:39 PM

Well, so much for will power. Can't hold out any longer. Evidently the buy button has terrific magnetic power. lol

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/11 05:47 PM

Woohoo! Gail, you're going to love it, you won't be sorry!!!
Keep a hoodie near by (brrrrrr teeth: chatter, chatter). Aaaccchhhoooo! rotfl

~ Carol
Posted By: flutist

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/11 09:21 PM

Did the developers fix the problem yet?

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/11 09:25 PM

The update hasn't been released yet, but it should be soon. wave
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 05:27 AM

This game is my kind of game. I love the cold and ice and snow, it reminds me of another HOG I played not too long ago that was set in the cold. I made a promise I may not be able to keep and that was only to buy one CE a month and I have already bought one....oh well promises are sometimes made to be broken. help

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 10:44 AM

I, for one, can't help you Carol. I'm happily playing the game. rotfl
Posted By: samson

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 03:33 PM

Hi, I am just about to buy this game, and I was wondering whether to play it casual or advanced mode.Any ideas please Sam
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 03:41 PM

I'm playing in advanced. There are no hints available and no sparkles to indicate hot spots. I've gotten stuck a bit. But the strategy guide is always there if you need it. I've used it for a nudge a few times. smile

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 03:42 PM

That depends on how difficult you would like the game to be. Casual mode provides the most help. When you create a new player, read the descriptions of casual and advanced modes and then you can decide which you would prefer.

It's a long game and it will have plenty of challenges, whichever way you decide to go. smile

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/11 06:53 PM

I used casual mode and still had to rely on guide a lot.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/12/11 02:08 PM

Thank you I think I will stick to casual mode. Sam
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/13/11 12:05 AM

I was tempted by this game as I loved the previous one 'The Void'. There is so much to like about the game but I'm finding the linearity of it so frustrating & now boring - you can only seem to be able to find/use one item at a time before having to go around & look again to move along i.e. one step at a time without having the option to 'multi-task' - I'm a little disappointed!
Posted By: thracia

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/13/11 12:07 AM

I like the game, but I find I have to consult the guide alot too. Harder than some of the recent game offerings. I have jumped a couple of times too. I just looove that.scared

thracia
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/13/11 12:31 PM

Well, now I'm depressed. I finished the main game and went on to the bonus level. There was a weird problem with one minigame, but I managed to make it through. Then, I got right to the end and ran into the same problem that others have had. I can't play the last minigame to finish the bonus play! ARGH! frown

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/13/11 02:29 PM

Sherlock, I'm really sorry this happened to you. The update that fixes this is still pending.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 12:24 AM

Thanks, Marian. The consolation here is that I'd play this game again. It's a very good game. I'm just sorry that so many people can't get to the end. There are some things that can't be opened until you finish the actual game play. But, we'll eventually get there! smile

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 02:08 PM

I was very disappointed. I didn't get to play the bonus round. On the very last recue my poison can disappeared. mad
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 05:36 PM

FYI:
The newest version of Raincliff has just been posted at BFG.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 05:45 PM

Thanks, LadyCav! I checked earlier this morning and it wasn't there. I'll download that today. wave

The update says that:

Quote:
You may also need to start over with a new player profile if experiencing a progression block in the game.

So, maybe you will have to start a new profile, and maybe you won't.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 06:50 PM

I'm playing the demo, and the strategy guide only shows 2 chapters. I'm curious because people have said it's a long game. Is it because it is only for the demo? Thanks.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 06:56 PM

Laurette, the demo only shows the first two chapters of the strategy guide. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/14/11 07:08 PM

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/15/11 03:12 AM

I downloaded the new game today and was able to finish! Because I played in hard mode, it was the final puzzle that I had a problem with. I didn't even have to start with a new profile! Yay! happydance

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/15/11 03:47 AM

That's very good news. rah

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/15/11 03:35 PM

Hi I have also lost the can out of my inventory. at the very end. I am so disappointed not to be able to finish this game. Any ideas. Sam
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/15/11 06:42 PM

I also lost the poison can one person short of loading the van. I posted on the BFG forum and am waiting for an answer.

Robert

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/11 01:22 PM

Robert, let us know if there's a solution short of playing the entire game over again. Wouldn't it be nice to just reinstall the game and have the poison can reappear at the exact place we left off? lol
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/11 02:15 PM

Hmm...this is the 2nd game i have heard of that has objects turning up missing--the other is Lost in Time:looking glass i believe. And just yesterday i had to restart a game (Dark Dimensions) because when i went back to play an item in a puzzle i was going to do disappeared from the puzzle and the HO scene where it was originally found was 'solved' and no longer available. Something a bit odd..several games at one time with objects that were there now are not..i'm just saying...kinda odd.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/17/11 01:22 PM

I chatted with BFG yesterday and they recommended to uninstall/reinstall the game and felt the new release on May 14th might fix the problem. I did what they suggested but I was still missing the rose poison to rescue one more person.

I decided to start the game over with a new profile because one person on the BFG forum did that and was able to get by the rose poison problem.

BFG did give me a credit for another game because of the problem but I would have preferred a fix to the game so I wouldn't have to start over.

I know this doesn't help much and I'll post again if I'm able to get past the rose poison point in the game.

Robert

I am now at the point where I picked up the rose poison spray can.

Does anyone know where the saved game is located?

I don't know if it would help but just in case I have the same problem - losing the can too early - I'd like to save the game in a different folder.

Also, if other people have had a similar problem I might be able to send them the saved game (if it works this time.)

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/11 10:07 PM

I'm running Windows XP, and for me the Raincliff folder is on the c: drive under Program Files. Not sure if the save game file is located there as well; I'll have to take a look.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/11 10:22 PM

The saves are located under C:/Documents and settings/ whatever name you call your computer/Application data/the name of the developer..

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/11 11:10 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 12:45 PM

Thanks for the info but I guess I should have mentioned I have Windows 7 because I don't see the folder mentioned.

Robert

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 01:38 PM

That only works in XP, sorry.

Ana wave
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 06:15 PM

I had planned to buy this game but now I am not sure. I would hate to get to the end only to find out I can't finish.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 06:50 PM

Ana,

Is there any way to know where the saved game is in Windows 7?

Thanks,

Robert

Edit: I just found out from BFG where the saved game is for this particular game - in case anyone else is interested.

Also, I copied the saved game at the point where I have the rose poison - if anyone is interested I could send them a copy and tell them where the files are located.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 07:35 PM

Robert, hopefully someone will come along with Windows 7 who can help. wave

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 07:56 PM

Robert, where are they in Win7? It's always good to know.

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 09:54 PM

Ana,

Here is the information as to where saved games on Windows 7 are kept for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff CE:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Mystery Trackers - Raincliff CE

The two files are:

logfile.txt and prefsdb.dat

Robert

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/11 10:17 PM

THanks Robert! Good to know.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/22/11 03:08 PM

Awesome game. Have been playing off and on for several days and still going. Have to confess that I've skipped the majority of the mini-games - only because I can't wait to move forward and don't want to take the time to complete them. With the new Game Club Credits for CE games option in place, this would be a great one to try. Plenty of bang for your buck either way.

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/23/11 04:12 PM

I really enjoyed playing this game and spent days on it. Since I played in Hard Mode there was no skipping/no hints. My only glitch in the whole game was the last puzzle in the bonus play. For some reason my BFG Manager never showed an update automatically or manually (and yes I had the newest version mgr). I uninstalled and reinstalled and all was good to continue and finish. Phew!!! I was fortunate. thumbsup
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/23/11 07:27 PM

Something I didn't see mentioned on this topic is that you don't have to go to the Strategy Guide if you get stuck as to what to do next. Clicking on Hint pops up a window that tells you what to do. I used this about four times and really appreciated it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community