GB HOMEPAGE

Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 12:40 PM

You can download Tearstone here.

Quote:
Set off on an adventure and help your professor with a mysterious discovery in Tearstone, a fun Hidden Object game! Change your life forever as you explore unusual locations and meet interesting characters. Take on challenging minigames, unique puzzles, and mind-bending quests in this unique game. Unravel the mystery and discover the truth of the Tearstone!

Incredible gameplay
Fantastic puzzles
Set off on an adventure!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 12:44 PM

Thanks Ana, This was a buy for me. Cute little game. Different from your regular IHOG. thumbsup
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 02:02 PM

This game reminds me of Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King in terms of play mechanics. I'm really enjoying it. smile
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 03:41 PM

Thank you, Ana!!!

I stayed up until 3am (EST) for it to be released on BFG and was sure to buy "through" GB link above yes By then I couldn't keep my eyes open to play past starting rotfl

I already know how beautiful this game is and I'm off to enjoy........see you later wave ~Carol

USA
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 04:57 PM

Just bought it on everyone's comments here happydance
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 04:58 PM

I have just started playing it. Looks like a good one!
Posted By: tigger

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 08:25 PM

It is an absolute cracker!! Took me a little while to get into it, but then I was totally swept away!!
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 09:44 PM

I agree with you Tigger. can't quit playing it. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/30/11 09:46 PM

Another great game I think. I'm enjoying this one also.
Posted By: samson

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/01/11 04:14 PM

I have come across a problem in this game. I have lost something from my inventory quite a way into the game(the clock hands) This seems to be happening quite a lot lately to me, unless the gremlins have jumped into my computer. I have informed Big Fish, and am awaiting a reply. Just wondered has any one else come across this problem in this game. Sam
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/01/11 04:22 PM

samson, I haven't played the game yet, but I've read the forums. That is the one glitch everyone has encountered. BFG and the developers are aware of this and a new build is coming soon, they say.

I read on the forum that the only way around this is to start with a new profile name and start over. When you get to that part, you must solve the 'setting the clock hands' puzzle all in one go. Those people who backed out of the puzzle lost their clock hands.

Myself, I'm waiting for the new build to buy the game.

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/01/11 04:30 PM

Samson,

Unfortunately, I was one who had to go out of the game when in the middle of doing the clock hands and lost them also.
As LadyCav wrote, the only way around it is to start over again with a new profile...unless you wish to wait for the new build. I know BFG is working on this already.
I chose to do the game again. It's a beautiful game and different from the usual IHOG. I thoroughly enjoyed it, glitch included. smile
Posted By: samson

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/01/11 05:15 PM

Thank you for your replies I also think it is a very good game. I probably will start it over again. Thanks again Sam
Posted By: dorish

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/01/11 05:27 PM

That happened to me also. I informed BFG,but then restarted under a new profile. I made it past the clock hands. Then in Chapter 7, I clicked on the monument key, and it did not go into my inventory. I have uninstalled the game for the second time, but as yet have not replayed. I am kind of fed up.I don't want to start again and have the same thing happen.

Doreen
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: smitty145
Unfortunately, I was one who had to go out of the game when in the middle of doing the clock hands and lost them also.

I didn't exit the game. I had the clock hands before I went into the basement, and as soon as I entered the basement they were gone. Poof! So I couldn't use them on the clock. I picked up a silver ring down there and that vanished as soon as I left the basement. It did not return after I reentered the basement. I hope Big Fish fixes these problems because it's a nice game. But I don't understand how this got past beta testing.
Posted By: widget

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 07:55 AM

I love this game, no glitch yet, fingers X,
Posted By: dorish

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 10:57 AM

Jenny,Iwas thinking that myself, and then it occurred to me that you only get an hour to beta test, and often these glitches appear after the hour is over, so are not found by the beta tester. Of course, if there are "in house" beta testers who get to play the whole game,then that is a different matter altogether.

Doreen

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 04:11 PM

Jenny,

I missed the beta offered to me but Doris does make a good point about the length of a beta. I just hope it gets worked out ASAP because it seems to be taking away from this beautiful game.

~Carol

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: dorish
Jenny, I was thinking that myself, and then it occurred to me that you only get an hour to beta test, and often these glitches appear after the hour is over, so are not found by the beta tester.

Well that's pretty useless. It won't find problems in the latter part of the game at all. An hour's play is no better than the demo.

Ana once mentioned there are different types of betas, some more comprehensive than others. The few beta tests I've done had no restrictions on time, though the game wasn't usually complete. But I don't think even the shortest of them was less than 2 hours.

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 05:32 PM

Due to the "beta test" verbage used when portals such as GameZebo and BigFish send out partial games for evaluation to get feedback from consumers, people think they are the "beta testers" of the game in the original and real sense of the word. There are in fact real beta testers/ quality control people that do indeed play the entire game. Unfortunately we all play differently and it impossible to come up with all scenarios that could trigger a glitch.

Ana wave

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/02/11 11:29 PM

Just a heads up for y'all:

The newest version of Tearstone has just been posted and three different glitchy spots have been addressed and repaired.

I've held off buying the game, but now I can. smile
Posted By: menahune

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/03/11 03:49 PM

I don't know if this is a glitch or not - I can't get past connecting the wires 1-6 for the balloon scene. I've tried three times now - I started from the beginning again - same problem. Then I uninstalled and installed again. No luck

The hint button just keeps pointing to the 5 coin

Haven't read about anyone else experiencing this, so it must just be me

Can you help, please

Janice

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/03/11 04:19 PM

Janice, I haven't played this game and so am unsure about what's going on. Hopefully one of the players of this game will be able to help. wave

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/03/11 04:25 PM

menahune, have you looked for the BFG walkthrough?
I had the four numbers but didn't know the six numbers that I needed.
I followed the w/t screenshot and had no problem with it.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/03/11 05:27 PM

I did follow the walkthrough, but I missed a step - didn't pick up the coin and look thru telescope - on my way now

thanks
Janice

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/03/11 05:28 PM

Glad you were able to move on with the game. smile
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/11 08:39 PM

I have to say that this game is surprisingly challenging. Graphics aren't especially spectacular. But I am surprised at how long it's taking me to complete the game. Not your average IHOG. A winner in my book.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/11 09:37 PM

I'm also stuck with the wires in the balloon. I enter what the w/t suggests,but it won't let me put in the first 4 numbers. (chapter 5) and, this can't be skipped. Help? Thanks.

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/11 09:45 PM

I haven't played this game, Laurette. Let's wait for someone who has. wave

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/11 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCav

The newest version of Tearstone has just been posted and three different glitchy spots have been addressed and repaired.

I have the newest version of the game and still had the problem with the clock hands disappearing. Also one of the silver rings disappeared after I left the basement and did not reappear where I had first found it.

So unless there is a newer version than the June 2 version, I won't bother trying to replay.
Posted By: DragonsEyeStudio

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/11 08:35 PM

Hi Everybody,

My name is Marc and I`m the member of Dragons Eye Studio, one of the people that worked on Tearstone game.

I`ll be here to help and provide any information you might need or just for a chit chat smile

First information I would like to share with you is that the updated version of Tearstone has all the glitches fixed (missing clock-hands,power supply puzzle and music notes mini game).
When it comes to the glitch with the missing clock-hands, players do not need to start all over, but just uninstall/reinstall the game and will be able to continue it from the same spot.
When it comes to other two glitches, players need to uninstall/reinstall the game and start with NEW PROFILE in order not to experience any problems.

@Jenny100
I don`t know if it can be some time difference about (downloading the new version)but, we heaven`t had any more complains about any of these glitches since update was released !

Happy gaming to all and best regards,
MarcDES

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/11 08:47 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, Marc, and it's great to see you posting! wave

We thank you for this delightful game. smile

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/11 08:49 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Marc! Thank you for stopping in and for the update.

Ana wave

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/12/11 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: DragonsEyeStudio
@Jenny100
I don't know if it can be some time difference about (downloading the new version)but, we heaven't had any more complains about any of these glitches since update was released !

I don't know the problem, but I downloaded it after it was supposedly updated, and the Big Fish game manager never let me know of a newer version than what I have.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it yesterday and will give it another play through. If I have the same problem again, I'll be happy to zip up the game folder (or wherever the save file is) and send it to you or upload it some place like sendspace. If you need the whole folder, it will probably be too large for email. Sendspace allows up to 300 MB though.
Posted By: jody319

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/16/11 09:42 PM

So, Jenny...did you have the same problems or is it fixed. I know I am late in asking this, but just haven't gotten around to reading the posts until recently. I liked the game for a few minutes, but then read about the problems, so I will wait to hear from you about the "fixin'"

Thanks...Jody

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/16/11 09:58 PM

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and found it had "remembered" my old profile. So I deleted that and started from scratch with a new profile. I didn't have any problems after that and finished the game. I'm not sure I did things in the exact same order when I played the chapter with the basement and clock hands.

The mystery is why Big Fish Game Manager didn't notify me of an update to the game if I had the old version. The only thing I can think of is that one of their servers may have still had the old version at the time I first downloaded and bought the game, but marked it as being the new version. But that's a complete guess. Anyway, if that was the problem, it seems to be fixed now.
Posted By: DragonsEyeStudio

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/11 02:45 AM

Thank you Jenny100 for the info...
I`m glad to see you have finished the game without problem.
Like I said, all glitches were fixed with an updated version !

Best regards,
Marc DES

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/11 05:29 AM

Thanks Marc!

Ana wave
Posted By: meryl

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/11 06:41 PM

I absolutely adored this game. One of the very best casual games I've ever played.
And isn't it great to hear from the developer on Gameboomers site.
I hope more games are in the pipeline from this developer.
Posted By: jody319

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/11 06:52 PM

Thank you, Jenny, for the reply. I might just try it now...you seem to be okay and so does everyone else. I also like that someone from the "team" took the time to get involved. I always think that it is a plus to their efforts to make a good game. And I feel that way about Gameboomers also, as y'all answer when you can and answer honestly about our questions. Thanks again.

Jody

Re: Tearstone - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/11 07:34 PM

I'm sorry I'm so late with this but when I had the problem with the clock hands I removed the game and uploaded the new version and was able to proceed with the same profile and continue on from the clock with a hitch. I absolute LOVE this game. It's beautifully done and a nice change of pace from the usual IHOGs.

Marc, thank you for posting. I can't wait to see what DragonsEyeStudio has in store for us in the future. smile
~ Carol
© 2024 GameBoomers Community