GB HOMEPAGE

Internet Explorer and Big Fish

Posted By: Flo NS

Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 03:12 PM

Is anyone else having a problem with Internet Explorer and the Big Fish site.

I can get onto the game page but whenever I try to go to my purchase history in order to download a previously purchased game, I always get the message, IE has encountered a problem and disconnects Big Fish. It also happened when I tried to do the survey after doing a Beta test. I thought there was something wrong with the survey, but it's Internet Explorer. I actually had to use FireFox in order to download a purchased game yesterday.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 03:26 PM

I use IE and have no problems. Maybe you need to reinstall IE. Sometimes files get corrupted.

Ana wave
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 03:36 PM

Which version of IE are you using, Flo NS?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 03:55 PM

Flo, I don't have any answers for you but did want to say that I saw a few folks on the BF forums describing the same problem.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 06:20 PM

I had the same problem last night. I haven't seen that screen for a few years. Use to happen with Win 98 SE all the time. When that screen came up my computer automatically closed the open page and opened another one for me which worked on BFG. I'm using Win XP Pro and IE 8.

EDIT.. Just tried it again and is working fine now.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 07:37 PM

I'm not sure what the problem is, it just happens with Big Fish and it started happening when BF decided to change everything.

I'm still using XP Pro, and I think I have the latest IE. It does restore the page right away, but as soon as I go somewhere IE doesn't like, it shuts the page down again. The funny think is that it is only BF that the problem happens. I also have to keep signing in to particular websites.

I don't have a problem using FireFox, I just don't care to use it.

I think I'm going too have to move everything to FireFox and IE can go, because they are just too picky.

Posted By: kjos

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 08:13 PM

I'm having the same problem on BF as you are Flo. Using IE to.
Richard

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 10:29 PM

I would say BF is the problem but because I have to keep signing in to regular sites I go to, where I once I clicked "remember me" I never had to sign in again, it seems it is IE more than Big Fish. It's probably because of BF upgrading that IE thinks it's more than what it is.

Richard do you have IE8? I must try to see what I have maybe I still have 7.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 10:38 PM

Flo I have IE8.
Richard

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 11:10 PM

I get automatic updates, so I probably have 8.

How do you find out which one you have. If you are having the same pronlem, what did you do?

Thanks marion, I'll check the forum to see what's being said.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 11:18 PM

Flo,
Under Help there should be something like About Internet Explorer, or something similar.

Click on that and it will bring up information about Internet Explorer. Part of that information tells you which version you are using.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/02/11 11:23 PM

Thanks Homer, I have 8.

People on BF forum having lots of problems with IE, many are switching to Firefox. It's not as good as IE, but to avoid future problem I think I'll use it for my main sites.
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 12:07 AM

Internet Explorer 9 is the latest version. Maybe upgrading would help. duh

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherlock
Internet Explorer 9 is the latest version. Maybe upgrading would help. duh

I think Flo has Windows XP. wave

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 01:36 AM

IE 9 is for Windows 7, something I am avoiding for as long as I can.
Posted By: judith

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 01:45 AM

I had this problem early this afternoon while trying to download a game, but then it just cleared up. It must be BF. I never had this problem before.
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 02:54 AM

Oops, I didn't take the time to evaluate which OS you had. Since I got my laptop with Win 7, I haven't had any problems with any games at BF. smile

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 04:17 AM

Windows 7 is the cats meow. I went kicking and screaming because I liked my XP but I have found Win7 to be the most user friendly OS yet.

Ana wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/03/11 10:30 AM

I am a recent convert to Windows 7, having bought a new laptop in June, and I am totally loving the new Windows. You will have to let go of your beloved XP one day, once there is no longer support for it, I am afraid!
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/04/11 02:53 PM

I have the same prob on AOL. Finally went to IE, BF, then purchase. Am downloading now, but very slow. I don't think it's AOL or IE, I think BF is broke.
Posted By: Chick

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/05/11 01:48 AM

Flo: I was having the same exact problem to a T.
With AOL and/or Internet Explorer I could sign into BFG. I could click on the My Account Tab.
I could open the following tabs (MY Game club), (Account Info), (Billing & shipping). They all opened with out any problems. I could not oen the tab (Purchase History)?? It would kick me out and say an error had accured opening the page.
Would I like to send a report to Microsoft?
BFG Live Chat would only say it was a browser problem.
After seeing your post and all of the comments,I was able to fix the problem.
I am using Windows XP and Windows Explorer 8.
I went onto Microsoft downkloads and downloaded
Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP again.
It was not that dificult because the download uninstalled the existing Win Explorer 8 and reinstaled it again. Restarted my computer and everything is working again.
I can click on My Account and the Purchase History Tab and it open up my purchase history.
It works on AOL and Internet Explorer. Good Luck

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/05/11 03:26 AM

Thanks for the info, Chick. wave
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/05/11 07:40 PM

I am having the exact same problem. I bought 3 games during the sale and each page was a problem to go through with same error message as stated above. I thought it was just me. I have Vista with IE 8.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/06/11 10:25 AM

Thanks Chick, I will do exactly that, reload IE8. I would like to get it fixed because it also stops me from doing the surveys for Beta testing.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/06/11 01:56 PM

That's what I thought in my first response in this thread. Reinstalling IE generally takes care of those issues. luck

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/07/11 05:16 PM

How can I uninstall IE 8 and reinstall it again. I have win xp. The only one I'm having trouble with is BF when I go into purchase history. I went to my other pc with XP and didn't have any trouble. Thanks
richard

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/07/11 06:08 PM

Richard, here you go: Repair or reinstalling IE8.

Ana wave

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/07/11 06:15 PM

Thanks Ana will do.
Richard

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/12/11 01:14 AM

I'm all fixed now, BF was a great help. I have the simple instructions of how to fix this without downloading anything.

If you want the instructions send me an e-mail. Or I can put them here if allowed.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/12/11 01:21 AM

You can put the directions here Flo, it may help others. thanks

Glad you are good to go again.

Ana wave

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/12/11 12:33 PM

Ok, great. Thanks Ana.

This sounds like something may be going on with your Internet Explorer. Let's go ahead and make a couple of adjustments to the browser -- this sounds like something is not jiving correctly (yes, that's tech-speak).

First, let's make sure that your internet security settings are set to Medium:

1. Open the Control Panel located on your start menu
2. Select "Internet Options" then the "Security" tab
3. Make sure the "Internet" zone is selected
4. If "Security level" shows "Custom" click the "Default Level" button
5. Slide the slider to "Medium" or "Medium-High"

Alternatively, you can select the "Trusted Sites" zone and add http://*.bigfishgames.com. Make sure that the slider is at "Medium-high" or less.

Next, let's reset your internet settings to their default settings -- these affect how different processes and protocols are handled by the browser:

1. Open the Control Panel located on your start menu
2. Click "Internet Options," then the "Advanced" tab
3. Under "Reset Internet Explorer settings," click "Restore Advanced Settings"
4. Click "OK," then restart your Internet Explorer

One thing that happened when I finished restoring Advanced Settings is the security level went to High so I had to put it back to med high then all was well.

Re: Internet Explorer and Big Fish - 09/12/11 02:29 PM

THanks Flo!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community