GB HOMEPAGE

Which game is better?

Posted By: spankie

Which game is better? - 09/05/11 03:23 PM

Hi,
Since this is the last day of BFG $4.99 sale, thought I would ask everyone to help me pick out the best game of the following:

Grim Tales: The Bride
The Secrets of Arcelia Island
or
Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper

I like long fun games with more adventure than HOG scenes. Thanks wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 03:30 PM

Based purely on what I have read about these games (I haven't played any of them yet, so this opinion doesn't count for much), I would choose Grim Tales. smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 04:16 PM

Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper is a long game and a great one to. I think. Hints recharge fast and you can random click on HOs
Richard
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 04:57 PM

Now, Richard, why did you go and say that? I am trying my hardest to be good in this sale! I have just purchased Grim Tales: The Bride, and also just finished the demos of Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper and The secrets of Arcelia Island, and was in two minds about both of them.

But I do love all games a la "Jack the Ripper", so I think you have convinced me! rah
Posted By: Marian

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 04:59 PM

Yes, I think I'm going to go ahead and use a punch card coupon on Jack the Ripper. smile
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 05:36 PM

I haven't played "The Bride". My recommendation would be for "Jack the Ripper". Both this one and the Arcelia Island game are good long games. I just found "Jack the Ripper" to be a more interesting story.
Posted By: Kate Anne

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 05:48 PM

Hi spankie

I bought 3 games from the BFG sale. The games that you listed are the 3 games I bought. lol

I would demo the games first.

If you are only going to buy 1 I would go with Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper. The game is long, slow player here so it took me about 7 hours. duh There is a lot of dialogue. Also, when you play the game there is a penalty for clicking over 2 times outside of the HO scenes. If someone knows how to turn that off, let me know. Except for the click penalty I really enjoyed playing this game.

Grim Tales: The Bride I had to restart the game 3 times. First time froze up on one of the puzzles, second a mechanism would not work. Third time was the charm. Haven't finished yet but seems to be running great now.

Secrets of Arcella Island is a good game and happy I got it on sale. It is on the lighter side and I prefer dark and creepy. I enjoy the lighter games sometimes.

Doing the demo will probably tell you what game you would like most. smile
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 05:56 PM

I purchased all 3 games with the sale and I would definitely vote for Grim Tales: The Bride. I thought it was a long game even without the collector's edition extra chapter. There was a variety of minigames, unlike Jack the Ripper, where it seemed like every game was turn the pieces to make the picture visible. Good Luck with your choice! wink
Posted By: ramona

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 06:32 PM

Spankie I just bought Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper. BFG is killing me with these sales. I can't resist.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 08:21 PM

My vote is for Grim Tales

thracia
Posted By: spankie

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 08:26 PM

thanksEveryone!

Guess it's decided - 6 votes for Jack the Ripper followed by 2 votes for Grim.

Am going to test Jack the Ripper first to make sure it works, then will put Grim on my "to get" list with my game coupon.

Really appreciate everyone's input. rah
Posted By: kjos

Re: Which game is better? - 09/05/11 08:33 PM

Missed out on the sales I have played all three games. All really good games.
Richard
© 2024 GameBoomers Community