GB HOMEPAGE

Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 03:07 PM

You can download Mountain Crime: Requital here.

Quote:
Someone is killing the guests at a mountain resort, and you could be next if you don't figure out the mystery and solve a Mountain Crime! Take the role of a doctor who's summoned to a remote hotel to tend to a patient, and hold on to your sanity as you discover the first victim moments upon arriving at the retreat. Search for clues, crack brain-bending puzzles, and read newspaper clippings that reveal the hotel's horrific past in this incredible Hidden Object game!

Stop a murderer
Explore a mountain resort
Solve a Mountain Crime!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana happydance12
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New HOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 03:13 PM

This looks to be a really good game from the developers (Alawar Stargaze) of Twisted Lands: Shadow Town and the Snarkbusters games, among others. I'm reading that it is more of an adventure game (IHOG/HOPA) with some HOG scenes as well.

Having said that, there are six pages of posts in the technical support forum from people who have purchased the game and are still unable to play the game past the trial time in the demo; I would suggest that anyone reading this wait until this problem has been fixed before purchasing the game, just to be on the safe side. I'm sure Big Fish will have this problem corrected soon. wave12
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 03:18 PM

Thank you for the heads-up, Marian. Anxious to buy this one. Alawar makes great games and this one looks like CE quality at standard version price. Wonder if uninstalling demo and starting from scratch would avoid the technical problem. Will wait for follow-up from BFG.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 03:21 PM

Sparkle, it almost sounds to me like BF inadvertently put up the trial demo as the download file for purchase rather than the full game download (at least on some servers), but this is pure speculation on my part. We just need to wait a bit and see. Thus far, folks aren't reporting any technical problems with the game otherwise. wave12

The game sounds really interesting and I think a lot of us are going to enjoy it. happydance12
Posted By: GBC

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 03:32 PM

ahhhhh!! I should have checked here before I bought this game.

I got so interested in the story that I couldn't wait to purchase it. It's a fantastic game. Hope BF fixes it soon so I can continue playing. eek12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 05:37 PM

A mod just posted this:

Quote:
Thanks in part to the response in the forums, we've discovered that the file we published for this game is actually a demo/sample version, rather than the full version, and so this is why you're getting a "Congratulations! You've completed the demo..." message, even though you've actually purchased this game.

We apologize for this mistake, and are working very hard to get this fixed ASAP.

Hang in there, everyone! reindeer

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 05:45 PM

Thanks Marian. I was wondering why it activated so quickly after I pressed thebuy button. I thought maybe it was an exremely short game. lol12
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 05:48 PM

I hope i like it and that they fix it soon, because I have lots of codes to use. But too many games last month.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 06:25 PM

The fix has been released:

Quote:
We have a new version of Mountain Crime: Requital available now!

This update includes the full version of this game, rather than the demo/sample version that was initially published.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game

No worries, Gail: the file size for the full game is a lot larger than that of the trial!! grin12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 06:26 PM

Just checked in on BFG forum. Update has been issued. smile Uninstall/reinstall recommended.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 07:01 PM

I thought BF had it fixed I get, Error: Access Violation,program terminated.
Game won't run.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 07:04 PM

That sounds like a different problem altogether, Richard. Have you tried running the game from the desktop icon rather than through the Game Manager? Sometimes that helps with access violation messages. wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 07:09 PM

Marian Yes I run my games through the desktop icon. I installed the game and reinstalling it again. If that doesn't play I will get hold of BF. thanks

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 07:12 PM

Sorry, Richard. I hope you can get the game running. I've had one game from BF where the same thing happened to me, but the problem was intermittent; sometimes the access violation message occurred and sometimes it didn't. I did finally manage to get through the entire game, but it took a lot of patience. woozy12 wave12

I see a few other folks mentioning this problem now, Richard. Be sure to let BF know. reindeer
Posted By: menahune

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 09:05 PM

Mine is up and running, and I'm liking it. I like those puzzles with the circle thingies that need filling in.

I noticed on the side bar at the bottom where it says "menu/pause", I always think it says 'menapause' - sorry guys, I guess it's a girl thing

But I'm stuck at the suitcase where I have to put the images in sequence - can't get the phases of the moon .... duh?

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 09:06 PM

I see that there are some other folks getting the same message like you said. I let BF know Marian. Sure is funny that the demo played fine I didn't finish the demo though.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/12/11 09:08 PM

Hi, Janice.

I found this on the Big Fish forums; assuming this is correct, big spoiler ahead:

Click to reveal..
Full moon for the third spot, right facing half moon for the second spot, left facing half moon for the fourth spot

happydance12

I hope they get the problem sorted, Richard. Glad you contacted BF. thumbsUp12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 12:35 AM

I get the same termination error.

I contacted BF technical support.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 12:50 AM

Marian,I tried the game on another pc and I get the same message. Can't be my computer must be the game.Hope they get it fixed sure would like to play the game.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 12:51 AM

BF quickly fixed this game and I've been playing it with no problems at all. happydance12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 12:56 AM

Good idea to check it out on another computer, Richard. If I were you, I would let BF know this information as well; I do hope they fix this problem. I see quite a few people reporting it now. wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 01:45 AM

Marian,I just downloaded the demo from Alawar and it plays just fine. I have 60 min to play and I have all the inventory items from BF demo. Wonder why BF game won't play. At least I can play another hour.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 01:58 AM

Sometimes I think the Game Manager, with some games on some computers, may use system resources in such a way that it can cause an access violation message. Fortunately this doesn't seem to happen very often.

I'll be interested to hear if BF comes up with a fix for the access violation message with this game. wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 02:22 AM

Will let you know if I hear from BF Marian.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 03:01 AM

Good. Let them know your Alawar experience of the game, as well. wave12
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 06:25 AM

Great! I thought the game looked really good but based on the comments, I was afraid to buy it. BFG has excellent customer service so I am sure they will get it fixed quickly.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 02:38 PM

A new version of this game has been released today. This was posted by a mod on Big Fish:

Quote:
Great news! We now have a new PC version of Mountain Crime: Requital that fixes the following:

Crashes on Windows XP operating systems (Access Violation) and minor bugs.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

Let us know if this fixes the problem for you, Richard; I too have Windows XP and haven't downloaded the game yet. I was waiting to see if there would be a fix. wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 04:32 PM

Downloading now Marian,will let you know if it works.
richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 04:33 PM

Thank you! happydance12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 04:42 PM

worked perfect have to play the game from the beginning no saves,that's OK. Thanks Marian.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 04:45 PM

Great news, Richard. I hope you enjoy the game! bravo12
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 05:14 PM

Richard,

Is it a good game?

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 05:27 PM

Great game gatsbygirl,can't beat the price. More of a adventure than a HO.
Richard
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 06:36 PM

Does anyone know the length of this game? I'm really enjoying the demo. Thanks.

Anyone?
Posted By: menahune

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 06:44 PM

I've never had any technical problems, but I'm stuck again - checked the forum, but no luck there

Can't get the power on for the tv - at the roof, it just keeps pointing me to repairing the antena

Can anybody help, please?

Janice

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/13/11 08:13 PM

I haven't played this game yet; hopefully someone who has will be able to answer your question. wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 12:10 AM

Janice ,did you fix the power cord for the tv. and put the knob on the tv. Did you put the tv antenna on the roof
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 01:18 AM

Thank you, Richard. smile12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 01:33 AM

Marian,I don't think this game will ever end. I've been playing it off and on all day long. I must have close to 6 hrs now. What a game. I'm glad BF got the problem solved. If you don't have you should get it. Love it.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 01:55 AM

Sounds great. I'm going to use a punch card credit on it! happydance12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 04:54 AM

The second update fixed the access error for me.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 11:13 AM

This is a game I've been waiting for a long time. It takes place in a real world, not a magical one as a majority of the IHOGs and it has my favorite type of the HO scenes where you look for the items in the circles to get an item you need. Plus the gorgeous graphics and a story which keeps you playing non stop... I'm a one happy gamer today!a
happydance12 penguin

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 02:39 PM

kjos: Thank you for mentioning the length of the game. I thought I was invisible!

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 03:45 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with this game, Laurette. Lots of happy gamers here with this one! woot wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/14/11 08:02 PM

How long is this game, I just took the tram up to the mountain. I never had a game this long before.
I haven't skipped any puzzles. I have to stop every hour or so to take a break. Really like this game.
Just finished the game. Hope there is another one like this one.
Richard

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/15/11 11:46 PM

Am at the part
Click to reveal..
where Katherine? has been killed.
Got all sequences except the moon. Thought I'd tried everything. Help, please! Thanks.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/15/11 11:52 PM

Have you checked the walkthrough linked in the first post?

Ana wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/15/11 11:57 PM

I got it. Thanks.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/16/11 03:06 AM

Glad you got it!

Ana wave12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/17/11 10:56 PM

Am at the ships in the bottle. The w/t and the diary pictures don't match. I've tried both and can't get it. As far as the purple-masted ship, don't see a picture of it. Help! please. Thanks.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/17/11 11:18 PM

I can't help here as I haven't played the game. Until someone else comes along who has, have you checked out the Gamezebo walkthrough as well as the one on Big Fish? wave12
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/17/11 11:21 PM

Hi, Laurette!

If you're stuck on the puzzle I think you are, place the ships you know are correct first because some of them are easy to figure out. Then switch around the ones you're not sure of until you get them in the right spots. It took me a few tries, but I eventually got it.

Good luck!

Susan

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/17/11 11:24 PM

Thank you very much for your help, Susan! happydance12

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/18/11 04:25 PM

Thanks, Susan. I tried that and still couldn't get it. (not being the most patient person!). However, my husband figured it out for me.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - New IHOG on BIgFish - 12/19/11 11:34 PM

Really enjoying this game. A different sort of story from the rest of the recent offerings. A very well-designed game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community