GB HOMEPAGE

Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/22/12 03:08 PM

You can download Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Use a mystical locket to explore a magical world and save a young girl in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows! After buying a quaint house in the country side, you embark on an incredible adventure. With help from magical creatures, find and save Fiona before it's too late! Find the menacing shadow that took Fiona and return her to our world. Solve inventive puzzles and discover secrets in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows, a fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus gameplay
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wonderful Wallpapers

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/22/12 03:18 PM

This looks to be another beautiful, quality game from the developer Boomzap (their most recent games being Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom and Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel).

I've spent 20 minutes with the demo and like the previous two games mentioned above, it appears to be more of an adventure/puzzle game with fewer hidden object scenes.

Looking at the strategy guide, it appears to be a long game. There are three levels of difficulty from which to choose.

EDIT: There's a post from the developer in the Big Fish forum for this game. I'm going to add it here, because I enjoyed reading it and I think you will too:

Quote:
I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank everyone for taking the time to try our newest franchise, and to hope that you enjoy this slightly different direction. The title was our attempt to try to try a slightly darker theme, but to stay true to our bright and beautiful roots. I hope that we have succeeded in making something that's meaningfully different from our Awakening, Dana Knightstone, and Antique Road Trip franchises, but similar enough that our fans can say "this is why I like Boomzap games."

As a new franchise, this was one of our longest and most expensive development cycles. It was a real labor of love - honestly, all of our games are - but this one was particularly loved by the staff because we tried so much new in it, including a very different art style from anything we have seen in the genre. We also added a number of new features, including updated strategy guide that keeps pace with you, a harder difficulty level, and lots of other small touches based on the feedback of our users. As always, we're extremely curious to hear what you're happy about, and what you'd like to see changed. Of course, with such a diverse user base, we can't please all of the users, since many have opposed opinions - but we always do listen, and love the feedback.

As many of you know, Boomzap is a virtual studio with staff across the world, but largely in Southeast Asia - including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Tonight is the eve of Chinese New Year - and tonight many of our dev team are at home celebrating the biggest holiday of the Asian year with their families, trying their best not to let their parents, grandparents, assorted aunts and uncles see them constantly check their iPhones to read all of your wonderful comments when they are supposed to be celebrating. Trust me when I say you have made their day.

wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/22/12 04:22 PM

Thanks Marian, I changed the title to reflect it's a puzzle adventure. I always look forward to the background you find on the games. yay
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/22/12 08:19 PM

I bought it after the Demo and enjoying it very much, thanksMarion I didn't see that post in the Forum wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/22/12 08:22 PM

It's a lovely game; have fun! wave thumbsup
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 05:11 AM

I totally enjoyed it, the main part took 5 1/2 hrs, haven't played the epilogue yet.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 03:36 PM

Someone on the Big Fish forum for the game said that it took her nearly 12 hours to play through the main game in hard mode. She was ecstatic! laugh
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 06:42 PM

I'm definitely doing something wrong. Casual mode
and can't get the gate open. Can't move the flower!

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 06:48 PM

Patsy, I see a few people on the Big Fish forum who are having problems with the gate. One person said:

Quote:
In order to zoom in on the gate, I had to backup/reenter scene. Had to (backup/reenter scene) to place the "items" on the gate lock. I had to do the same thing again, (backup/reenter) in order to go through the gate.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of problem you are describing, but this is all I could find. Otherwise, let's wait for another player to come along who can help. I haven't purchased the game so don't have any experience with this. wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 07:03 PM

Thank you Marian. My problem is I can't move the flower to get the last piece for the gate lock.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 07:08 PM

Hopefully another forum member will be able to advise you. wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 07:24 PM

went back in and changed profile and it worked. Thank you Marian for answering.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/23/12 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PATSY
went back in and changed profile and it worked. Thank you Marian for answering.

Very good idea you had, Patsy, and I'm happy it worked for you! Hopefully the rest of the game will be trouble free. smile
Posted By: AnneG

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/24/12 03:06 AM

Bought this one without even trying it because I liked the look of the screens. What a beautiful game. I've just played a bit of it but I think it's a winner. The puzzles are just right for me, not too easy but not too difficult either. I would definitely recommend this to people.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/24/12 03:37 AM

Glad to hear you all are enjoying to this game. yay
Posted By: DanceWarrior

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/27/12 01:10 AM

This just got reviewed at Gamezebo and it got a perfect score! shocked 5 out of 5 stars!

Has anyone earned all the achievements yet? It's quite tricky!

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/27/12 01:11 AM

That is a great score! I haven't played yet so I can't comment on the achievements.

Ana wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/27/12 01:21 AM

Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome got a perfect score/5 stars as well. Indeed, you don't see that very often! wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/27/12 01:53 AM

Hi, Marian!

I'm playing "Otherworld" right now and loving it. I just started Chapter 4 and have already been playing for 4-1/2 hours so, unless the last 3 chapters are short, it should take me at least 6 hours to finish the main game.

I also played and enjoyed "Brink of Consciousness" and both games definitely deserve their "Five Star" rating.

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/27/12 01:59 AM

Otherworld has been added to my want list! rah wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 10:10 PM

Hi, Ana and Marian!

I just finished playing "Otherworld", and it's the "biggest bang for your buck" that I've received in a very long time. Not only is the storyline intriguing and the puzzles varied and unique, but it took me over 7 hours to play the main game and over 2 hours to play the bonus game.

Marian, if you're not playing anything else at the moment, I'd suggest you forget all about your "Want" list and just buy it grin !

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 10:19 PM

I added it to my list of games to buy when I have time to play. Thanks for posting your opinions, I love ready them.

Ana wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 10:20 PM

As a matter of fact, someone gifted me this game and I'm playing it right now. It's a beautiful, interesting game and I'm really enjoying it. I chose hard mode (I don't know what possessed me to do that grin) and I am at the chapel door in The Sanctuary and can't figure out how to get the door to open. The strategy guide says the puzzle is random. I have everything glowing but the door isn't opening, so I'm stuck for the moment. I'm going back in now to see if I can figure this out. wave

EDIT: Figured it out!! happydance

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 10:49 PM

Hi, Ana and Marian!

Ana, this game was really a pleasant surprise because I was on the fence after playing the demo and I didn't really want to buy any more CEs this month. I broke down and bought it anyway, and I'm certainly glad I did!

Marian, you really are brave lol ! I played the easiest mode and it took me over 9 hours, so I'd probably still be in the first chapter if I chose the hard mode grin . I can't remember which puzzle the chapel door is, but I'll take a look at the SG to see if it jogs my memory. Are you able to use the "Solve" button, or is it disabled in hard mode? How nice that someone gifted the game to you, although it's definitely worth every penny of the $13.99 I paid.

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 11:12 PM

I figured it out, Susan. smile And no, there's no skip button in hard mode. I've never actually tried to play one of these games in hard mode before (well, maybe I tried for a few minutes, but then I always started over on an easier setting). This game does seem to have gotten more challenging as it progresses and now I'm ready to wimp out. I'm so far along, though, that I feel that I can't turn back now. Thank goodness for the strategy guide!!

What this experience does make me realize is just how much longer a lot of these games would last, were I to try to play them all in hard mode. I'd still be playing games I picked up a year ago. whistle

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/29/12 11:57 PM

I think of that a lot Marian when people complain how short the games are. If they did not use walkthroughs or skip puzzles, they would be surprised how long they are.

Good for you on choosing the challenging mode.

Ana wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/30/12 12:12 AM

It's been an eye opener, Ana. I would say that most Collector's Editions would last me at least eight to ten hours played this way, and some quite a bit longer than that.

It's also helped me understand what a walkthrough writer is truly doing; sitting down with the game, armed only with their wits, figuring out how to do everything, and then explaining it to everyone else. Wow! flowers praise

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/30/12 12:53 AM

It's quite a challenge sometimes Marian. I'll admit to being brought to tears somedays. lol

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/30/12 01:48 AM

Hi, Marian!

At least you can still use the SG, although since you paid extra for it in the CE, I can't see them disabling that as well grin !

I've never played any of the casual games in "Hard" mode, although it may be something that I can tackle if I ever run out of games to play <bwahaha, like that will ever happen>!

You'll have to let me know how long it takes you to finish because I played for over 9 hours in "Easy" mode. I especially enjoyed the puzzles because they weren't the "same old, same old" that we're used to. It's nice to see some imagination for a change.

Enjoy the rest of the game, although I have no doubt that you will.

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/31/12 02:46 AM

I just finished the main game in hard mode and my time showed as a little over 9 hours; however, I did look at the strategy guide a few times to help me solve some of the puzzles. I didn't find all the fairies either, so this will be a good game to replay at some point.

On to the bonus chapter. smile

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/31/12 03:22 AM

Hi, Marian!

It took me just over 7 hours to play the main game in "Easy" mode, so you should give yourself a big pat on the back happydance ! The bonus chapter took me just over 2 hours to play,

Susan
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/31/12 03:20 PM

What a beautiful game with absolutely lovely graphics! It's nice to have a game that doesn't take place in the rain with thunder and lightening. I'm still playing the demo but intend to push the "buy" button first thing tomorrow.

Barb

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/31/12 03:23 PM

You won't regret it, Barb; there's lots of gameplay here for the money. smile
Posted By: spankie

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 01/31/12 04:15 PM

I bought this game without doing the demo after checking the reveiws at Gamezebo. Not many games get 5 stars! This is a great game, one of the best I've played since the Dawn series. happydance

Quote:
What a beautiful game with absolutely lovely graphics! It's nice to have a game that doesn't take place in the rain with thunder and lightening

Agree wholeheartedly!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/01/12 04:07 PM

I like thunder and lightning, but I like this as well.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 12:45 AM

I just got going, but had to pop in to say how beautiful this game is. Outstanding artwork.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Sparkle
I just got going, but had to pop in to say how beautiful this game is. Outstanding artwork.

I agree; I found this a very calming, soothing game to play. smile
Posted By: Kayc

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 10:47 AM

Just finished the game and I loved it. A beautiful game and well worth the cost of the CE. I always check out Gameboomers first to see what everyone thinks before I buy. Thanks everyone! wave
Kay

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 02:04 PM

I'm really glad you enjoyed the game so much, Kay. Thank you for letting us know. happydance wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 05:50 PM

I just bought this based on GB's reviews. So far it is a beautiful, relaxing game. Just got through the garden gate.

thracia

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: thracia
I just bought this based on GB's reviews. So far it is a beautiful, relaxing game. Just got through the garden gate.

thracia

Have fun; I'm sure you will enjoy it. smile

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/05/12 09:42 PM

Boom Zap has been doing some great work.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/06/12 08:55 PM

I need some help. Trying to cut the stained glass pieces in the workshop. Is there a trick to doing this just right? I got a couple of pieces done. I'm tracing the black lines as carefully as I can with the glass cutter. But I'm stuck on the third piece.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/06/12 09:01 PM

This part of the game gave me trouble too; the game may be a little glitchy here. Have you tried instead of outlining the cut, just tapping (quick clicking) the edge you are supposed to be cutting? Sometimes I had to try a few different spots before it worked. This is what I ended up having to do. wave

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/06/12 10:41 PM

Thanks, Marian. Just kept trying and finally got through it. But it was really rather random.

Re: Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition - New Puzzle Adventure on BigFish - 02/06/12 10:48 PM

Glad you made it! smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community