GB HOMEPAGE

FYI

Posted By: bkrytr

FYI - 02/03/12 02:25 PM

Don't know if anyone else is aware of this: 99% of games downloaded leave 'leftovers' after they are uninstalled. The search engine wiil find them for you.
Posted By: Marian

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 02:36 PM

Yes indeed, and this is good information for folks to know. You can really end up with a lot of stuff on your computer if you don't clean up the rest of it afterwards. It's harmless enough, but it does lead to lots of clutter. grin
Posted By: kjos

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 08:20 PM

What is FYI? That would be good to know.
Richard

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 08:21 PM

FYI = for your information smile
Posted By: jachern

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 08:43 PM

How do I use the search engine to clean the leftovers? My C drive is getting quite full.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 08:59 PM

jachern, the files left over are miniscule and really won't give you a little room.

You can find the remnants in C:Documents and Settings\the name you call your computer\application data\the developer name

All they are are your save files and settings options. It is a very tiny file.

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 09:01 PM

Thank you for responding so quickly, Ana. Maybe I need to delete some games? LOL

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 09:43 PM

Deleting the games is the way to go. After you are done, run ccleaner and malwarebytes to clean up unused files and temp files and then you should have lots of room.

Ana wave

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Deleting the games is the way to go. After you are done, run ccleaner and malwarebytes to clean up unused files and temp files and then you should have lots of room.

Ana wave

That's exactly what I do. wave

Re: FYI - 02/03/12 09:58 PM

With BigFish it's so easy because you can always download again whenever you want. I only leave a card game and a match 3 on my computer that gets you through a dry spell if you just want to play a little bit.

Ana wave

Re: FYI - 02/04/12 03:36 AM

Ana and Marian: Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I play two or three games simultaneously causing a lot of hard drive being used. However, I just downloaded CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes just now and I will try your suggestions.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: FYI - 02/04/12 08:50 AM

I use Revo Unintaller to uninstall games, followed by ccleaner.

Re: FYI - 02/04/12 08:32 PM

Guy: Why do you like Revo Uninstaller? Do you recommend it?
Posted By: kjos

Re: FYI - 02/04/12 08:50 PM

Jackie,I use revo all the time it installs even left over files in the reg to. it's free to.
Richard

Re: FYI - 02/05/12 06:46 AM

Thank you, Richard. It sounds great. I always get good ideas from the Gameboomers! Off to download Revo!
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: FYI - 02/06/12 04:00 AM

But can you run Revo AND Ccleaner together without any conflicts?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community