GB HOMEPAGE

Just my opinion

Posted By: bkrytr

Just my opinion - 04/20/12 05:16 PM

I was an adventure game player. My first HO game had me at 'Hello'. Don't know if there's anyone else like me out there, but, for my money, the more HO's, the better. I like IHO's, but would rather have more HO's and less puzzles.
Just my opinion.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Just my opinion - 04/20/12 05:28 PM

I have grown very weary of HO's but I love the puzzles and love the interaction. lol Fortunately they make both kinds so we can all be happy.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Just my opinion - 04/20/12 05:29 PM

Bkryter, I know others who feel the way that you do. As Ana said, fortunately there still appears to be plenty of choices for both groups. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Just my opinion - 04/20/12 07:08 PM

And I am just the opposite, Bkryter lol

I, too, am an Adventure player (and still am first and foremost) but lack of time on occasion led me to try some Casuals.

First I played a few games which mainly comprised hidden object scenes but I got bored to death and gave up very quickly on those.

Later, however, I tried again with the first two "Drawn" games - and afterwards was tempted to try more.

So the Casuals I like are those that offer a good story, some hidden object scenes and some puzzles !!

Good that choice is still available to us, eh ?? laugh
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Just my opinion - 04/20/12 09:47 PM

I am with Ana and Mad, the less HOs the better, BUT if there are lots of HOs then please make them easier to Spot in Casual mode and please make the Hint refresh quickly.
Just a suggestion to Developers to make it the best for both Worlds i.e those who LOVE HOs, then add an extra Mode called "Wimpy Mode" whereas the HOs are easy to spot and the Hint button refreshs' within 3 seconds.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Just my opinion - 04/21/12 05:04 PM

I am with bkrytr - I really do (still) enjoy all the HO scenes. This is why I have so much enjoyed the ERS Games.

The first HOG I tried (and bought) was MCF Huntsville, and I have never looked back since! thumbsup wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: thracia

Re: Just my opinion - 04/22/12 08:47 PM

I'm with you bermag45, and bkytr, I have said this before in another discussion. I play HOG's because I like the HO's. A HOG without the HO's is an adventure game. I suspect that people like the lenghth of HOG's, which are usually shorter than a full fledged anventure game.

thracia
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Just my opinion - 04/22/12 09:13 PM

for many long years I played nothing but adventure games. Expensive. Joined bfg and play nothing but ihogs and hogs. Love them! Just finished House of 1000 Doors and it was the greatest!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Just my opinion - 04/23/12 02:36 AM

"A HOG without the HO's is an adventure game."

Well, not quite, for me, anyway. But kind of laugh
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Just my opinion - 04/23/12 07:43 AM

I enjoy the HOGS myself wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Just my opinion - 04/23/12 02:00 PM

bkrytr and others that enjoy straight HOG's will be happy to see todays new release here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Just my opinion - 04/25/12 03:32 AM

Straight HOGs become boring to me, so I prefer a mixture of different type puzzles within a game. I really prefer adventure games to HOGs, but the wallet usually has a hole in it when I find one I'd like to try.
Posted By: Vagabond01

Re: Just my opinion - 04/25/12 04:28 AM

My first love is adventure games and there are three that i am waiting on but it's a photo finish as to what comes first- these games or older age, the later looks like winning i think, adventure games give such good stories and puzzles but there are few now so i play IHOs, there are some good ones out there but the HO scenes are becoming boring to me now.
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: Just my opinion - 04/27/12 07:01 AM

I too am mainly an Adventure game player and always will be. However a friend sent me Dire Grove which I loved and sort of got hooked from there. Needless to say I really do prefer Adventure games and so far as HO games are concerned the less HO the better, get so bored with all the silly searching but on the "up" side, some of the games are really good and worthwhile plowing through the HO - also some of the puzzles are quite challenging to say the least.

So far as I'm concerned, if the graphics are good and there's also a good story line then HO games are great for when you've nothing else left to play.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Just my opinion - 04/27/12 08:23 PM

I'm an adventure gamer from the 80's and adventure games will always be my all-time favorites but I did try one game called Hidden Expedition:Devil's Triangle on a recommend in Becky's fine editorial recently.

The game had some adventure elements in it with a too heavy dose of HO in my opinion. I tried to get into it but the HO parts sort of killed the gaming experience for me. HOs just don't have that "grab you" quality the Adventures games have for me. duh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community