GB HOMEPAGE

Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 01:02 PM

You can download Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
The Dark Piper strikes in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper! The fiend unleashes infested rodents into the town of Hamelin using the magical Pied Piper Flute. As the Fabled Inspector, you are summoned by the duke to investigate and stop this mysterious figure. Defeat the Dark Piper before he leaves a trail of destruction all across Europe!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus Gameplay
Integrated Strategy Guide
Concept Art
Stop the Dark Piper!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 01:08 PM

Thanks, Ana. The developer is Blue Tea Games, creator of the two Enlightenus games, the Dark Parables games, and Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale, among others. I'm sure this will be a beautiful-looking game. thumbsup wave
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 03:34 PM

What is with all the dark and gloom games, especially the CE's?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 05:36 PM

It may be dark, but it looks pretty colorful to me -- a lot better than those that are all grayish.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 07:38 PM

Blue Tea makes excellent games. It's been a while since a new one has been offered. So happy to see this game. Will be buying as soon as I finish the "Wax Beauty" game.
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/10/12 11:50 PM

I agree with Jenny100, Blue Tea Games does make excellent games, and this one is no exception. It's great.

Barbara
Posted By: menahune

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/11/12 07:00 PM

and he looks like Johnny Depp
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/12/12 05:03 PM

I have to agree also that Blue Tea makes great games. I just took a quick look at the trial and this is going towards a Bonus Card for me.

Marion, I enjoyed Dark Parables and Macabre Mysteries too. Excellent games. smile

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/12 05:00 PM

Enjoying the game. Lots of running around, but navigation is quick. There's a map, but only for the purpose of checking where you are and what areas have objectives to complete. HO scenes are interactive and objects are clearly defined.

Have to admit, all the rats running around are a bit disconcerting - to say the least. Mini-games are pretty easy. So, if you're the sort that expects challenging mini-games for your CE bucks, you might want to hold off for release of the standard version.

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/12 07:30 PM

It's good to see all the positive responses here! yay I am having a hard time finishing this one, too much running around from one area to another to hold my interest.

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/12 07:48 PM

Hi, Ana!

I finished this one the other day and really enjoyed it, but I completely agree with you that there is too much running around. By the time I find some of the items that I need, I forget where it is that I need them, so I have to check the SG to refresh my memory lol !

I wasn't thrilled with all of the rats, but the game IS about the Pied Piper, so that should be expected grin !

Susan
Posted By: Marian

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/12 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the opinions, folks; I'm sure I will play the game eventually. smile

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/12 08:42 PM

Susie, I too forgot what I had to do where and just go from location to location clicking on hint to see if something to do shows up. lol That is not how I generally play a game but I usually have a great memory on things to do. I am not sure what it is that makes this game different for me.

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/12 01:32 AM

Hi, Ana!

I like the games that show "Area Cleared" so I know I don't have to search that location anymore. I also like the games that have maps showing the locations where actions must be performed. I definitely got my money's worth out of the SG in "The Dark Piper" lol , but I still enjoyed it very much, especially since I used 2 of the Game Club credits I bought for half-price last weekend happydance .

Susan

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Susie, I too forgot what I had to do where and just go from location to location clicking on hint to see if something to do shows up. lol That is not how I generally play a game but I usually have a great memory on things to do. I am not sure what it is that makes this game different for me.

Ana wave

I've noticed this too, Ana. One of the things that has slowed me down was missing an Inventory item and having to either look around more carefully or refer to the SG. I'm also getting mixed up as to which underground location is which.

ETA: It's also frustrating that hot spots that the magnifying glass points out remain active even after you've already been there once and/or removed any items that need to be added to Inventory. These are usually just things to read that may or may not contain clues. Still and all a very good game.
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/12 03:00 PM

My first 'Edition' game. Bought by the special. Enjoyed it very much, but was disappointed when started playing it the second time and found the HO's were the same as the first time. Booooo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community