GB HOMEPAGE

BigFish Unlimited is Now Live!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 02:21 AM

BigFish Unlimited subscription service for cloud gaming is now live!

You can access BigFish Unlimited here.

Here is info explaining what BigFish Unlimited is.

You can learn more here.

This service is only available in the US for now.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 02:55 AM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 04:58 AM

Thanks for that info, BrownEyedTigre smile

I don't think I'll be participating though - even if it does eventually go further afield than the USA grin
Posted By: Sly One

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 03:05 PM

Thanks Ana! thanks
Posted By: Donald

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 04:58 PM

Big Fish Unlimited lets gamers resume play on mobile, PC and TV, stay distracted at all times

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/25/big-fish-unlimited-lets-gamers-pick-up-where-they-left-off/

Big Fish unveils $7.99 per month cloud gaming service, streaming titles across tablets, PCs and smartphones

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/big-fish-games-paul-thelen/
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 05:42 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Ana!
Jeanne
Posted By: Becky

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 05:55 PM

Hi Donald -- Anna has announced this in the Casual Games forum. I'm merging your post with that thread. wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 06:22 PM

I'd love to hear from someone who is trying it to see what you think.

Ana wave
Posted By: smitty145

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 08:36 PM

Thank you for all the information, Ana. smile
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 08:44 PM

But this means that you have to pay $7.99 per month for playing these games?? I too would be very interested to hear from someone who has actually subscribed to this - not sure just how popular this Unlimited will be though.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/25/12 09:17 PM

You do not own the games you just play them. You can play as much as you want from anywhere.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/26/12 03:40 AM

I like the idea of being able to play Big Fish Hidden Object games on my TV. May have to try this next month.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/26/12 03:54 AM

Unfortunately, I can't get it to run on my computer despite updating everything they said to. I will have to see what you all say about it. I can't even view it to check it out.

Ana wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/26/12 04:14 AM

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm reading that some folks are experiencing technical problems with it; I imagine things will get straightened out pretty soon. wave
Posted By: Homer6

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/26/12 05:55 AM

Ana, you're not the only one whose had trouble accessing it. Some can't even get games to run once they've accessed it.

Something to keep in mind:

1. Right now it's only available in the US.

2. Again, right now it's only available for PC platforms.

3. It's an additional service for Club members only--at least according to what a mod on BFG said.

4. Club membership is $6.99 and Unlimited is an additional $7.99, both per month.

Like many, I won't be participating because I don't game on anything other than my desktop PC. But until it's totally activated to allow all the platforms advertised, no one will know how well it works.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/27/12 08:19 PM

I'd like to try it out but right now it's only available in the US. Maybe a lot of people think there's a problem, but maybe they aren't in the US and therefore nothing will work.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/27/12 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Homer6
Like many, I won't be participating because I don't game on anything other than my desktop PC.

It's not for me either. I don't even have a low end cell phone, let alone a mobile device that can play Big Fish games. My TV isn't connected to the Internet, and even if it were, I don't have a good input device for it.

The new system may suit some other gamers though.
Posted By: traveler

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 02:06 AM

But you can play these games on a PC.

"Games streaming instantly to your personal computer, mobile device and internet connected TVs, went live this morning during his Keynote address at Casual Connect 2012 in Seattle."

Gil.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 02:16 AM

I think the reference to other modes of play are because one of the benefits of cloud gaming is picking up where you left off on multiple platforms. It has a lot of potential.

Ana wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 06:38 AM

Well, trust me to misunderstand. I suppose it's because, like Jenny100, I don't have any of that stuff. I even watched the video and my only real take-home from that was that the gal was going to get run over if she walked around outside staring at her cell phone. grin

Gil.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 08:26 AM

But can't you already play these games on your PC for free?? Or am I also confused?? lol

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 03:04 PM

Gil, rotfl I am surprised daily more people do not get run over while texting!

Boobie, these are regular games that you would be buying, not free except to try for an hour. You would be able to play all the games they offer and a new one every week for a flat fee of 7.99 a month. It's a great deal provided the games they offer are ones you like. I can see many downsides though at the same time.

Ana wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 04:10 PM

Isn't the premise that you would not be buying the games at all, your $7.99 is simply giving you access to all the games in their catalogue for streaming. There are no downloads so no space is taken up on your computer or mobile device. You simply log in, pick the game you want to play and it is streamed to you, like watching video on netflix.

You could have 2 or 3 games going at the same time, play one for a bit, then you can take on another game, and get back to the first one whenever you want, as it saves your place.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 04:27 PM

That's the way I think it works, Flo, unless I'm misunderstanding something about the process. wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 04:28 PM

Correct, you are not buying the individual games, you are buying unlimited access to the games they are offering.

The downfall is there are only a 100 games to choose from right now with a new game each week. For the hardcore gamer, that will not be enough.

Ana wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 05:13 PM

LOL, I thought it was the current online games we were talking about! crazy

Confused?? Moi?? lol

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 05:24 PM

Yes Ana, that's the drawback right now, and until they add a lot more games and make it available to everyone, it's going to be slow going.
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 05:33 PM

It's also going to require a different way of thinking.

Sreamed games will be played and not owned. (Not that they are really owned now. Read the EULA.) You will experience them without a copy of their code residing on your device of choice.

Once you're through playing and you close the stream, there will be no trace of the game on your device. Just the opportunity to go back later and pick up where you left off.

Games will become something to experience rather than something to possess.

Interesting times.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 05:46 PM

Well said, MrLipid. Food for thought. wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/28/12 05:55 PM

Thank you.

This is a subject I've been thinking about for some time.

We're living through a period wherein physical media are becoming less and less important. It's the connection that matters.

Hard to be a hoarder when the code is in the cloud.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/29/12 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Boobie, these are regular games that you would be buying, not free except to try for an hour. You would be able to play all the games they offer and a new one every week for a flat fee of 7.99 a month. It's a great deal provided the games they offer are ones you like. I can see many downsides though at the same time.

Just remember, the $7.99 is on top of the $6.99 Club membership. That's $14.98 a month, more than twice for a game at Club member prices.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/29/12 07:16 AM

A new game every WEEK?? - that would not work for addicts like me.

And for sure BFG would not make so much money out of me with this new scheme, but it'a all academic for me anyway, being in the U.K.

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/29/12 05:01 PM

I can finally access it. I see that there is a new games released every few days but they are all games that have been available before. If you aren't a regular player already it's great because they would be new to you.

Ana wave

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/29/12 05:03 PM

So how is the performance of streamed games?

Re: BigFish Unlimited is Now Live! - 07/29/12 06:08 PM

Oh, I didn't enroll, I never even use my credits I get in the game Club. The only games I generally have time to play are the ones I do guides for.

I was unable to view the game choices or any pages on it before today, At least now I can see what the offerings are. It looks very nice for someone that games on multiple platforms. I am sure it will have a large audience soon with the number of mobile gamers.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community