GB HOMEPAGE

Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 03:10 PM

You can download Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past here.

Quote:
Follow the kidnapper's clues, and bring Sarah's brother back to safety in Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past! When arriving at her aunt's house, Sarah discovers a strange and disturbing letter. After discerning that her brother's life is in danger, she must embark on a journey taking her back through her own past if she is to see her brother again.

Solve the mystery before it's too late
Fantastic live action video
Hundreds of hidden objects to discover

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 05:14 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 05:20 PM

For once I wish it was save Sam's sister. And that Sam arrived at his uncles house. This reverse sexism is getting on my nerves.
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
For once I wish it was save Sam's sister. And that Sam arrived at his uncles house. This reverse sexism is getting on my nerves.

Really? It's just a game.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 09:21 PM

I have to wonder about the names some of these games get. "Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past" sounds like they fed a bunch of keywords into a computer in order to generate the title.

Mysteries
Labyrinth
Past

They could just as easily have called it
Past Mysteries: Suburban Labyrinth
or
Labyrinth Mysteries: Past Suburban
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 09:57 PM

rotfl
Posted By: traveler

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Me, too. I'm tired of all these heroines who are dumb as a stump and don't seem to realize they can get killed if they keep on stumbling through towns and asylums and dark cellars full of witches, mad doctors, and other assorted weirdos, determined to Save Bill! or Sam or little Suzie or whoever.

You expect guys to think they're bulletproof. Besides, I like to play guys now and then. Foof. sad

Gil.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 10:16 PM

Jenny lol

I think my purchased games from Big Fish that begin with the word "dark" or "mystery" take up a good portion of the page. wink

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 10:24 PM

Jenny rotfl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 10:28 PM

Well, enjoyable as many are, all these games do tend to follow the same blueprint, don't you think ?? lol

Basically .... Find the key, open the door, save the victim wink

But for me they offer an opportunity to play something not requiring too much time at any one session or the draining of too much brain power thumbsup

I used to only play full Adventures, then I gradually got into RPGs and now I have another string to my bow with these Casuals.
So I'm definitely not complaining !! yay

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
But for me they offer an opportunity to play something not requiring too much time at any one session or the draining of too much brain power thumbsup

I couldn't agree more, Mad; these games have allowed me to remain a gamer when I don't have time for more demanding games. I am addicted to them. wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 10:52 PM

I agree - Never time to play a full Adventure game, but can always find time for a casual game!

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 11:04 PM

I'm not complaining about the games -- just the titles. They all sound so similar I can't remember if I played them. Like Marian said, lots of Dark this and that, lots of Mystery or Mysteries of this and that.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/11/12 11:07 PM

Oh, I agree with that point, Jenny100 !! laugh
Posted By: thracia

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 12:37 PM

Wow Mad, it didn't take you that long to become addicted lol

So GB'ers, how is the game? Any opinions?

thracia
Posted By: GBC

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 03:48 PM

I have a punch card credit to use up and this is a buy for me. Game is not bad. I'm liking it!
Posted By: AZhot

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 06:33 PM

Jenny100- my list of names on my spreadsheet show a whole page of games begining with a different name-
anyone care to guess what that is ???

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 06:54 PM

It's not always the word they begin with so much as that certain keywords are repeated endlessly somewhere in the name.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 06:57 PM

Escape? Ghost? Haunted? Hidden? Lost?

I give up otherwise, AZ happydance

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 07:08 PM

You forgot Secret/Secrets, Curse/Cursed, Legacy, Saga, Tales, Legend...

Mystery/Mysteries/Mysterious probably wins for sheer number of repetitions.
Posted By: AZhot

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 07:19 PM

ok - it wasn't very nice ,sort of a trick ?

but most of my over 400 games begin with
" THE "

Sorry about that,won't do it again,

edit ==must be the heat here

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/12/12 07:24 PM

Well, to be totally honest, that was my FIRST answer LOL

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/13/12 01:34 AM

I have a list of all games I purchased from Big Fish and when I can't remember if I played the game I check the list. When I buy a game I immediately addd it to the list.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/13/12 09:48 PM

Isn't it easier just to look at your BFG history, they are all listed alphabetically.
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/14/12 01:58 PM

walkthrough?

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/14/12 04:24 PM

I do not believe there will be one. Where are you stuck?

Ana wave
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 01:55 AM

On this one I agree with a lot of the reviewers from Big Fish, this is a great game and I would even call it an “Adv. lite game” and I noticed from a lot of the reviewers that the HOs scenes would not close after finishing it and they were right but I also noticed that once you finish a certain HO scene that there was still an article that you had to get on your own which may explain the HO scene not closing automatically, still no excuse and maybe the developer should patch this small glitch.
I tested this game for 54 minutes and it is a Buy for me, my criteria’s for buying a Casual game (since I am an Adv. game person 1st) is the HO scenes themselves:
A) Are they too hard to spot?
B) Does the Hint button refresh quick enough and the most Important along with A and B above… Drum Roll……
C)If one gets punished for 4 clicks or less, then this game = Goodbye, Sayonara, Salut, Get out of my Face, Delete, Garbage, Hit the Road Jack don’t come back no more, etc.. Regardless of positive reviews by other reviewers…
Well this game has it’s share of HOs and a few items within each HOs for me are hard to spot, But No Penalty for Over-Clicking and the Hint button refreshes fairly quick so I can forgive the number of HOs + the game story for me is very interesting and the graphics very clear and based on the Demo, the story seems to be interesting and the cut scenes are fun to watch.

Note: For some of you who have small download speed you will have to be patient, I am at the cottage with download speed averaging 1.2Mbps and it took me about 90 minutes to download, it is a Huge file for a demo , the demo file = 800MB.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 02:02 AM

THanks Starcom! Good info. wave

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 02:10 AM

Thank you Ana,
I just hope I wasn't too long and drawn out in my explanation of this game.
Take care

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 02:16 AM

Not a bit Starcom. I am always happy to see why or why not someone likes a game. It helps decide if it's worth a look.

Ana wave

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 02:18 AM

Ditto what Ana said. Very informative post, Starcom. wave

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Starcom
C)If one gets punished for 4 clicks or less, then this game = Goodbye, Sayonara, Salut, Get out of my Face, Delete, Garbage, Hit the Road Jack don’t come back no more, etc..

LOLZ Starcom smile

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/15/12 09:03 AM

This game confused me. It starts out talking about a seventeen year old girl and a thirteen year old boy losing their father. Then the lead character starts talking about her brother's new family. Huh? Apparently some years have passed, although that's never made very clear. And she must mean that he's old enough to be married now. She can't make up her mind how to refer to the others. Most of the time she calls them "his family" as if she's not connected, but near the end she says "my family" but then at the very end its back to "his family".

Oh the villain looked too young to me.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/18/12 04:15 PM

I'm finding this game to be very challenging. Using the Hint feature quite often. As far as the HO scenes are concerned, I think it was the developers' purpose to make it part of the challenge to have to revisit HO scenes to find inventory items. But I've found that these items are hard to spot unless you already have a clue as to what your looking for. All in all, I'm glad I used a punch card for this one. Not because it's too short of poorly done in general. But because the gameplay is a bit haphazard.

Re: Suburban Mysteries: The Labyrinth of the Past - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/21/12 12:43 AM

Well I bought the game a couple of days ago and finished it today and I agree with Sparkle’s review of the game but nonetheless this game is repayable for me only because it is….. well, different and amusing in it’s quirky ways and for those of you who bought the game and have not played it yet, let me know what you think of the Cut-Scenes, especially the Live actor cut scenes and on a scale of 1 to 5, 1= I can act better than that and 5 = WOW Oscar Nomination performance cool
© 2024 GameBoomers Community