GB HOMEPAGE

Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old

Posted By: GreyFuss

Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/14/13 08:19 PM

I am not familiar with all that is available in this Casual Game world. I am setting up a computer (one of my old XP Desktops) for my soon to be 6 yr old Grandson (LittleFuss). He likes to sit with me and play along in my adventure games but I have to be careful that what he sees and hears won't give him any nightmares or have bad language. Are there any adventure lite games that are not horror themed out there? I would like for him to be able to learn the computer through his play. Things like turning the computer on and starting & quitting a game by himself to instill confidence. I don't think a Hidden Object game would be good because he wouldn't be able to read the list of objects to find on his own but I would consider them. So I thought that adventure lite games just might be rite and it looks like all the HO's have to do with horror.

Can anyone help a young future AG player?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/14/13 09:20 PM

I think Anka would be ideal.

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:06 AM

Thanks Sheriff, I will check that one out.

After doing a search of Adventure Lite games on this Forum it looks like every one of them are either horror or murder. Could there be any more? It also looks like just about every IHOG game is also horror or murder. Am I wrong about this? BTW, I don't even know what IHOG means.

Some games that we played together and had a lot of fun with were...

Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Destination Treasure Island
Secrets of Atlantis

We were playing Secret Files 3 but had to stop because of the terrible language which is just unnecessary.

I looked into a game called Iron Roses but I don't think it was voiced which wouldn't work with someone who can't read. Also there was The Legend of Crystal Valley and Hotel. I just thought that an Adventure Lite Casual game might be the way to go for a youngster.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:12 AM

IHOG means interactive hidden object game, a game in which you are using inventory items and sometimes solving puzzles in addition to finding hidden objects.

I'll see if I can think of some suggestions for you that would be suitable for a 6-year-old. wave

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:16 AM

Thanks for the definition Marian...now I know. As far as the games I am looking for, they don't necessarily have to be suitable for a child, just a game that isn't a scary horror or murder game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:19 AM

Mushroom Age is another cute one on BigFish. So is Journey, the Heart of Gaia which is a Frogwares/Waterlily game.

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:33 AM

You might want to check out:

Avenue Flo
Fantastic Creations: House of Brass

wave

These would be good were you to play them together. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 05:58 AM

I just wanted to say how taken I was with the name "LittleFuss" !!!! grin grin grin
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 02:08 PM

GreyFuss, have you considered games other than Ad Lites? When my grands were young and learning the computer, they played and enjoyed the Dora games. BFG has a whole list of them in their "Family" section....as well as other child-oriented games.

Barb
Posted By: Carole

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 03:48 PM

I seldom post, but lurk daily and could not pass up this opportunity. I started out my grandchildren, at first with me and later by themselves, on the "I Spy" games. They are basicly HOs with a few puzzles. The kids like them because you can mouse over the word list and it speaks the name of the object. Also some very cute animations when you choose correctly. They started with aid about 3 years and at 5-7-8 still like them. They are at big fish. I think it has helped them with word recognition and vocabulary at an early age. They are even fun for old Grandma.

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 04:14 PM

Thanks, Barb and Carole, for the suggestions. wave

Re: Recommendations for non-scary Adventure Lites for 6 yr old - 02/15/13 05:27 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into each one. I was trying for adventure lites that we could both play but I think some of these younger games would be great to load up on his computer and he can choose an icon from his Desktop and play whatever he decides he likes. Choices for him to make on his own should be up to him and not me. I will just make sure he has plenty of options to choose from.
wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community