GB HOMEPAGE

A suggestion for developers

Posted By: Cappy

A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 06:18 PM

The developers have been very kind to us by listening to our ideas and, in some cases gripes, and by giving us a lot of options to choose from to personalize the game play. I would like to request one more option: allow us the ability to turn off the drop-down boxes used for collecting morphing objects, reaching achievements, finding specific articles or any of the other sideline features becoming more and more common in casual games. I know others may like this element in their game play, but I find the interruptions distracting and annoying and in the majority of cases have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

So please, Mr/Ms developer, give us the ability to opt out when you release your next game. Those who enjoy collecting and tallying can continue to do so. Those who do not can enjoy your game interruption free.

Thanks, Barb
Posted By: Laurette

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 06:21 PM

Cappy: I totally agree! Also find collectibles, morphing objects, etc., in general to be annoying. There should be an option to "opt" out of finding these things, as it takes away from the game-playing.
Posted By: Marian

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 06:23 PM

That's a fine suggestion, Barb. I don't mind having those notifications dropping down during gameplay, but I can also understand why for some it's just a distraction. An on/off choice would be a nice feature to add to the game. wave12
Posted By: Mad

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 06:29 PM

I usually ignore "collecting" stuff that's not really relevant to the game so I, too, would welcome such an option thumbsup12
Thanks, Cappy smile12
Posted By: colpet

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 06:58 PM

I recently have been playing more CEs due to sales and credits. I am disappointed that they seem to have less innovative and interesting puzzles in lieu of achievements, collectibles and morphing objects. One game actually collected a 'zoo' for me. These things seem like just fillers. The award banners are distracting and often laughable in their praise of such minor progress.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/04/14 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Cappy
I would like to request one more option: allow us the ability to turn off the drop-down boxes used for collecting morphing objects, reaching achievements, finding specific articles or any of the other sideline features becoming more and more common in casual games.

Originally Posted By: Laurette
Cappy: I totally agree! Also find collectibles, morphing objects, etc., in general to be annoying. There should be an option to "opt" out of finding these things, as it takes away from the game-playing.

Originally Posted By: colpet
I recently have been playing more CEs due to sales and credits. I am disappointed that they seem to have less innovative and interesting puzzles in lieu of achievements, collectibles and morphing objects. One game actually collected a 'zoo' for me. These things seem like just fillers. The award banners are distracting and often laughable in their praise of such minor progress.

I've recently been playing FEWER CE's because they add this annoying "feature."
Sometimes the SE doesn't have the "achievements," and to me the lack of them is a major positive.
I'm even considering dropping my Big Fish membership because of this annoyance.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: A suggestion for developers - 01/21/14 09:15 PM

Agree as well. Just when HOGs were beginning to interest me, with their addition of more "adventure" components, actual story lines (gasp!) and much more challenging mini-games, they started throwing the so-called AWARDS pop-up thing at us. I, too, have laughed out loud at the various congratulations that have popped up while playing an HOG. I find the pop-ups to be annoying interferences in the pace of the game, throwing me out of the game story like an unwanted commercial break. An opt out for them would be great!

I would add one more suggestion, while we are at it: Create HOG scenes that are a bit more relevant to the story context. It is laughable to be playing a game located in southern Italy and having ice hockey sticks, cowboy boots and Russian sleighs show up in the jumble scenes. ROTFL at that! I recently had to search the cabin of a crashed helicopter and found an anvil in it, along with an air mattress, a fish bowl and a Victorian parasol. Seriously! No wonder it crashed. ha ha hah Again, it throws you out of the story each time.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community