GB HOMEPAGE

Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 01:48 PM

You can download Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition here.

Quote:

From Eipix, the makers of the successful series Final Cut, Off the Record, and Sea of Lies, comes more Myths of the World.

The rat catcher's after more than rats this time. He’s kidnapping fairy folk! Where did these pixies come from, and what do they have to do with your grandfather's fairy tales?

Play both traditional and silhouette hidden-object puzzles in this dark fairy tale game. A unique new Q&A puzzle helps you discover your grandfather's tie to the fairy realm.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:
Help Magrat rescue his children in the bonus game
Unlock challenging achievements
Scour locations for hidden collectibles
Enjoy concept art, wallpapers, and more!
Available Strategy Guide

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 03:06 PM

Thanks, Ana. As mentioned above, the developer is Eipix. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 03:49 PM

I'm a big fan of Eipix games and was excited to see this new release and a sale to boot. But Big Fish forum users are reporting a common glitch. Think I'll wait.

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 03:52 PM

Yes, I read about that glitch too, although it seemed quite a few people were able to get past it. I agree that it is probably prudent to wait until there is a fix.

The game looks like fun, though. Nice sale on CEs this weekend, too. wave

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 06:07 PM

The artwork and voice acting are excellent, Marian. I'm confident Eipix can iron out the glitch. I already bought 2 games with the sale. So, I can wait a while for this one.

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 06:12 PM

Which two games did you get? wave

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 06:16 PM

Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane and Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon. There are at least 4 more CE's on my "Buy" list. But I think I'll stop at these two - at least for this weekend. grin

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 06:21 PM

Thanks! I like to hear your choices. It's hard to decide among so many good games. smile
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 06:56 PM

Yet another good game rah
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 08:38 PM

Thank you, Ana!

I'm finding this to be a fun game, different than others. Loving the added humor along with the Celtic music. smile

I just purchased this one along with Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon CE on this weekend's sale. So glad I waited to see what the weekend had to offer before buying any CE's this past week. smile

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/07/14 08:52 PM

Have fun, smitty! I like hearing what other people are buying during the CE sale. happydance

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/14 05:47 PM

Also was surprised that BFG mentioned the developer on the download page. Haven't noticed this being done before. Or did I overlook in recent past?

Now considering taking a chance since I also want to get the new "Awakening" game. Have always been satisfied with response from BFG when a game doesn't perform as expected. think

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/08/14 06:03 PM

The developer has been mentioned before in the game description; I'd say this has been going on now for roughly two months. The developer isn't always mentioned in the game description, though - so far I have noticed that it has happened with Boomzap, Elephant, and Eipix.

There's a workaround for the glitchy problem in Of Fiends and Fairies that seems to be working for most people; if needed, I can post it here. I imagine that a fix will be forthcoming, though.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 08:47 PM

Is there any news about when the fix will be available? Will we be notified, and if so, how?

I've enjoyed the game so far, and Epix is my favorite developer. The workaround didn't help me out of this problem, so much disappointment here at our house

Hope it's fixed soon

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 08:50 PM

Hopefully the fix will be soon. It will probably show up in the Game Manager when it is available; if not, I will be sure to post if I see that a new build is released.

Which workaround did you try? There seems to be a couple of suggestions floating around on the forums. wave
Posted By: Geo

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 09:25 PM

There is a fix on youtube, type "How to fix Signet ring Problem in Myths of the World 4 "

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 10:20 PM

BFG has posted in game forum that a fix is in the works. I'm willing to wait for an update to be released.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 10:52 PM

I don't know which one I tried - but I must have done something right because I got thru it

At the bird house, I pressed some magic combination - and voila, I was in

So I'm moving ahead quite nicely now and will take a break soon

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/09/14 10:59 PM

I'm very glad you got through it. wave

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/14 01:28 PM

Good news! New build released.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/283887.page

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/14 03:05 PM

Thanks Sparkle!

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/14 09:51 PM

Sparkle, thanks for the heads up. This update showed on my game manager today. I just finished Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane, awesome game! I figured I'd wait for the fix on Myths of the World before getting into it. smile

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/10/14 09:53 PM

Perfect timing, smitty. smile

They certainly got the fix out quickly. wave

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/11/14 12:06 AM

Smitty: I'm currently playing the Haunted Hotel game. I went ahead and bought this Myths of the World game over the weekend. Just couldn't pass up with the sale. Eipix did a great job getting the rebuild out so quickly.

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/11/14 05:28 PM

Sparkle, Both games are awesome!!!!

And another big sale today. Off to see what other goodies I can grab. rotfl

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/11/14 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: smitty145

And another big sale today. Off to see what other goodies I can grab. rotfl

It's truly a bottomless pit, isn't it? scared grin
Posted By: samson

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/16/14 08:32 PM

Please advise if i install the update for this game do i have to restart from the beginning or will it continue from where i left it. Thanks Sam

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/16/14 08:40 PM

You shouldn't need to start over if you install the update, samson. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/16/14 11:02 PM

I installed the update. When I use hint, keep getting pointed to crossbow. Use original signet ring, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/17/14 12:01 AM

I hope someone who has played this game will be able to help you, Laurette. wave
Posted By: spankie

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 07/14/14 04:01 PM

waveStarted playing this game yesterday. Would like to know if I'm not using the map correctly. When I open the map, all it shows is places to jump to and not areas that need you to do something even though I'm using the casual game option.
The legend in the upper right corner clearly has a check mark for areas needing attention but none show up on the actual map?? confused

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 07/14/14 04:27 PM

I haven't been able to find anything on BF forums on this, perhaps someone playing can check theirs and see.

Ana wave

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 07/14/14 04:32 PM

Thanks Ana,
I couldn't find anything either. Has anyone else who played this game had the same problem or were the areas checked on your map? crazy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 07/14/14 05:14 PM

I just replayed a part of regular and the bonus portion to check the map.
- if you selected to play as "scribe", you get the to do - exclamation point icon in the map.
- if you selected to play as "archivist", you do not get that option.
Change your difficulty in the menu. luck

Re: Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 07/14/14 05:46 PM

waveHi MaG
Thanks a bunch, will check that a bit later when I start playing today after my chores are done - you always have the answers rah
Really like the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community