GB HOMEPAGE

Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 03:23 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
From Elephant Games, the studio that brought you Grim Tales: The Vengeance, comes a thrilling new chapter in the Grim Tales saga!

It wasn't bad enough that your train was running late, but now a mysterious note warns that this Gray family dinner will be the last! Inside the Gray family castle, everything is in chaos, with your family nowhere to be found. The walls are graffitied with the scribbles of a madman as his laughter echoes through the halls. Armed with a magical paint set, you are the only one who can save them. Reunite with previous Grim Tales characters, including Luisa, Elizabeth, James McGray, and even your niece, Jackie! Can you unmask the kidnapper and beat him at his own game? Find out in this mysterious Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Can the past be rewritten? Play the bonus chapter to find out
Score soundtracks, screen-savers, and concept art
Check out your achievements and collections
An available Strategy Guide

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 03:32 PM

Thanks, Marian. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 04:04 PM

Thanks, Marian!
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 05:01 PM

Thank you Marian. wave

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 05:09 PM

It looks like a fun game - I like the Grim Tales series. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 05:45 PM

Nice music and voice acting. Lovely artwork, excellent graphics/animation. Looks like a winner. thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 09:06 PM

Thank you, Marian!

This will be a definite buy for me. Hopefully, there will be a sale this weekend. yes There's lots to find in the game and I know I'll enjoy this one as much as the first six in the series. I love Elephant Games. thumbsup

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/06/14 09:09 PM

I will hope for a CE sale this weekend. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/07/14 10:19 AM

I never played this series. it looks really good. Thanks Marian. wave
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 03:18 AM

Thanks Marian!

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 05:14 PM

woot It's another BFG Sale weekend, Marian!!! dance

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: smitty145
woot It's another BFG Sale weekend, Marian!!! dance

woot turkey

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 05:41 PM

Here we go again!!!! The BFG Sale code, AUTUMN, comes up expired. hardwall hardwall

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: smitty145
Here we go again!!!! The BFG Sale code, AUTUMN, comes up expired. hardwall hardwall

Use the coupon code COLLECT. fall

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/08/14 06:51 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! praise

It worked.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/10/14 10:08 PM

What a wonderful game. I have played the others in this series, and this one is my favorite.
Lots to do with some truly inventive puzzles. There are some like the MCF Return to Madame Fate game from last fall.
Going into the Secret Room now...don't know what to expect.
This one is a "keeper".
Jeanne

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 11/10/14 10:16 PM

That sounds really good, Jeanne - especially since this is your favorite of all the Grim Tales games - I've enjoyed the ones I have played. wave
Posted By: Chick

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 12/14/14 01:07 PM

To Brown Eye Tiger, Marion and all of the other loyal Game Boomers that give thier opinions of new casual games, thanks to all for your input. It helps me decide on what games to buy.
Each new game starts off with a QUOTE. Example,

Quote:
From Elephant Games, the studio that brought you Grim Tales: The Vengeance, comes a thrilling new chapter in the Grim Tales saga.

Knowing the developer of a game also helps me make a buying decision. Who writes the quote? Can Brow Eye Tiger or Marion, as modertor's list the developer of a game?

Thanks
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 12/14/14 03:50 PM

The quotes are from BigFish website. They have been adding the developer name more than in the past especially for the Elephant, ERS and other big name studios.
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 01/23/16 03:28 PM

Jenny100 mentioned in her 2016 annual list post that she likes the Grim Tales "where you play as 'Aunt Gray' saving her weird relatives who live (or used to live) in a castle." I want to second that heartily: Aunt Gray, carefully rendered family castle, wolves, and brooding ancestors along with good graphics and puzzles. Color of Fright has these elements. Buster, the bad tempered and clumsy cat, doesn't hurt either. Developers take heed, please.

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 01/23/16 05:28 PM

8dognight, I will have to take a look at this game. thumbsup

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 01/24/16 05:20 PM

I am replaying Grim Tales: the Vengeance. If I don't find a better more recent game by the cut-off date in February for the 2016 casual list, I probably will add the Vengeance to my favorites. I was playing Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties just before deciding to replay the Vengeance; however, I quit Painted Beauties during the demo when in an emergency I had to find scissors to cut ropes binding a priest's hands after refusing to use both a handsaw and some other cutting implement to do the job because I might hurt the fellow and instead had to locate scissors in a hidden outdoor cache under a flagstone. I was not willing to forgive this imposition of padding over good sense without some clever explanation of how the scissors got there. A serial killer or retired hit man or evil magician in the early stages of dementia perhaps? No explanation emerged or was ever going to. It was not that kind of game. For example, the picture frame corner I placed in inventory did not match the picture frame it was supposed to have fallen or been removed from until after I restored the missing piece.

OTOH, in Grim Tales: the Vengeance I am able to maintain willing suspension of disbelief and hence immersion when without comment Aunt Gray won't grab a Hermes scarf to plug a radiator leak or insists on finding the correct handle to open a decorative box for silver spoons (or was it fish forks?) on a side table. I am not sure why this is so. I still notice when I/she won't shake a slender crystal vase to remove a cloisonne hairpin and must find blanketty-blank tweezers. I do not yet have a coherent theory of why willingness to buy into a game world cannot be explained away with a shrug of different strokes for different folks, and I continue to puzzle over the subject. As good a puzzle as any, I suppose.

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 01/24/16 07:31 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, 8dognight - it was an interesting read. wave

Re: Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 01/24/16 11:28 PM

A partial explanation occurred to me. Toward the end of the Vengeance, I find myself in an unfamiliar alcove with a stairway blocked by stone griffins holding an iron grill/portcullis type gate. On a table to their right sits a Faberge egg riding in a jeweled cart pulled by a brass or possibly gold goat. The egg contains a keyhole. Beyond that table in a vitrine are three objects: a green malachite box with the outline of a lizard; two elaborate gold carnelian and pearl flower petals; and a monkey's or maybe a yeti's paw. Only the jade box and flower petals are necessary to the game. When developers go to the trouble to provide me with background details as evocative as a monkey's paw bibleot in a souvenir case, I am likely to forget all about the utter illogic having to find a diamond in a gardenia and then put together a glass cutter. Lower quality games seem to have only the hackneyed mechanics without the imagination and sense of wonder. What manner of person brought home a yeti's paw? Was the unfortunate yeti bagged on an excursion to the Himalayas? Or is that the original monkey's paw?

And also it's funny.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community