GB HOMEPAGE

House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/14/15 04:17 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
From Alawar Games, comes the latest chapter in the thrilling House of 1000 Doors series! Emily’s everyday life is shattered when a strange woman knocks at her door, begging for her help as a frightening meteor descends from the sky. In an instant, she’s whisked away to the mysterious House of the Lancasters, where she discovers she has a special gift: the inner light. Now Emily’s power is the only thing that can stop the dark disease that threatens to swallow the entire world. This deadly infection corrupts anything it touches: humans, animals, even plants and inanimate objects, turning them into violent monsters. Work together with your new family to fight back and restore the world, before it’s too late!

Special bonus chapter featuring another adventure in the House of 1000 Doors!
Tons of collectibles and achievements!
Soundtrack and Wallpapers
High-quality cinematics with fully-voiced characters!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! happydance12
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/14/15 04:24 PM

Thanks, Marian.

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/14/15 06:14 PM

Thanks, Marian. smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/15/15 10:42 AM

I love this series. I'm ready for another one! Thanks Marian! grin bravo
Posted By: SharonB

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/15/15 01:30 PM

I love this series too and was quite excited to see a new game. Played the demo and was disappointed by the changes in this new game. Very disappointed. Are the developers targeting a less mature age group here? duh

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/15/15 04:34 PM

I haven't looked at this game yet but am reading that it's very different from the previous games in this series. Did the developer change? I believe the previous developer was 5 BN.
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/15/15 07:02 PM

Looks like it did change. I think this one is Logris. wink

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/15/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherlock
Looks like it did change. I think this one is Logris. wink

Thanks. This might help explain why this game doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the series. I hope that 5-BN continues to develop HOPAs, as theirs are some of my favorites.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/16/15 03:57 AM

I like this series. Played some of the trial and I just wasn't enjoying it as much as the others at all. I thought it was just me but I see by the comments here and on BF, I am not alone.

That old saying comes to mind......."if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" wink
Posted By: Starcom

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/16/15 07:37 AM

I played the Survey of this game and loved it, can't wait until the SE comes out, a definite buy for me.

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/16/15 03:55 PM

Thanks for all the opinions. wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/16/15 04:48 PM

Should'be been called " House of a Gazillion puzzles " you can't really get into the story. Yes...hope the original team for this series comes back...Quick!
Posted By: Susie07

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/17/15 08:08 PM

Hi, Marian!

When I read all of the lousy reviews on Big Fish (I don't remember the last time a game in a popular series received a 2.9 rating), I almost didn't bother even downloading the demo because I figured I would just be wasting my time. Since I like to make up my own mind I did and, much to my surprise, I enjoyed it, so I'll be picking it up in BF's sale.

Susan

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/17/15 08:35 PM

Always a good idea to decide for yourself, Susan. I still haven't tried the demo, but I will. smile

And I hope you will be able to find something that you like, gamenut. wave
Posted By: flutist

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/19/15 04:39 PM

I bought this on the sale but have not started it yet. Darn 2 for 1 sales. I don't know how many games I have not played. I am keeping a print out of all the games from BF and trying to put check marks by the ones I have played. Think I may have missed some. lol

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/19/15 04:56 PM

We probably all need a spreadsheet to keep track. grin
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/19/15 07:43 PM

I use a spreadsheet.

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/19/15 08:27 PM

Your smart. Better then my method.
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 03:15 AM

I got this one right away and did enjoy it even though it is very different. I am having a problem with the bonus game as the object you use for light doesn't have instructions and so I have to skip that puzzle part every time. I too would love to have the previous developers return as this is one of my favorite series. eek
Kathy happydance

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 04:46 AM

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed the game. It sounds like it's better to think of this as a game that has nothing in common with the previous ones and take it from there. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 04:48 PM

Hi, Marian!

Most people on the Big Fish forums hated this game, but I'm really enjoying it and am glad I decided to try it for myself. I have all of the previous games in the series but don't remember a thing about them, so I can't compare this one to its predecessors lol !

I have the new PuppetShow game that I picked up for $6.99 waiting in the wings, so I'm looking forward to playing that one. I didn't download the demo because I had no idea how long the previous day's discount code would still be valid, so I hope I enjoy it.

Susan

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 04:55 PM

I'm happy to hear that you like the new House of Doors game. thumbsup

I find that I almost always enjoy HOPAs on some level - I just like some more than others. Let us know what you think of the new PuppetShow game after you have had some time to play it. wave
Posted By: gamenut

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 05:35 PM

I did not mean this was not a good game...it just seemed a lot more puzzle laden than the ones in the past in this series. Seemed (to me) to interfere with the story and atmosphere - and I like great atmosphere and story.

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/20/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: gamenut
I did not mean this was not a good game...it just seemed a lot more puzzle laden than the ones in the past in this series. Seemed (to me) to interfere with the story and atmosphere - and I like great atmosphere and story.

Thanks for clarifying - I thought maybe the puzzle-heavy aspect had ruined it for you. I agree with you that too many puzzles can interfere with the flow of the game. smile

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/17/15 12:50 AM

I bought the CE version of this game to take advantage of the Buy 1 and get 1 free sale, well the Game itself was Fantastic but the Bonus Game was a big disappointment, way too many HOs for my liking, so a Warning for those who Hate too many HOs like myself, save your $$$$ and wait for the SE version of this game.

On another subject, I bought Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition along with this game and I have to say for me at least, that the Bonus Game was by far the most enjoyable part of the whole game, just goes to show you how these CE games can vary from game to game and from Game Companies...

Oh, and I forgot to mention re: House of, I got so fed up with the HOs that I did not bother finishing the Bonus game.

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/17/15 01:01 AM

Thanks very much for giving us your opinions on these games. I'm sure it's helpful for other players. wave

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/17/15 01:15 AM

Just one small note or correction re: Cadenza: The Kiss of Death, just in case it came out as if I did not enjoy the game itself, yes I did enjoy the game very much, I just liked the Bonus game more than the game itself, just loved the portable Lab kit, etc.

Re: House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/17/15 01:23 AM

We are playing this game now and it sure is not like the others. Will finish it but it won't be on my best favorites list.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community