GB HOMEPAGE

Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/04/16 04:05 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition, click here.

Quote:
Elephant Games is back with a new case that only the Royal Detective can solve!

The peaceful town of Glanville is under attack! Each day, a golem arrives, leaving a trail of destruction and terror in its wake! But each new golem is even stronger than the last, and they're evolving into an unstoppable destructive force. You've been called in to help defeat the mysterious Master and their stone-cold creations. With the help of some friends, follow the clues to discover who the Master is and what they have in store for the town. Find hidden objects and solve puzzles to help you along the way. The townspeople are counting on you. Do you have what it takes to help them before it's too late?

Check out our Blog Walkthrough.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave2
Posted By: MaG

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/04/16 04:13 PM

Thanks Marian! joy2

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/04/16 04:17 PM

joy2

(I wish I felt that energetic.) lol

The walkthrough for the game hasn't been put up yet, but it should be there pretty soon. smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/04/16 04:51 PM

When I get more courage, I will dye my hair that color.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/04/16 04:55 PM

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/05/16 11:20 AM

Thanks Marian. thumbsup
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 03/14/16 01:03 AM

Thanks for the notice. I have found the Royal Detective games to be pretty good.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/02/16 05:20 AM

This game is annoying me. I'm forced to rescue a town the people of which murdered one of their citizens. The golem maker isn't the villian here the rest of the town is.
Posted By: joanieS

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/02/16 01:52 PM

I'm still trying to make up my mind about buying this game. I value your recommendation. I THINK you are being funny but not sure.

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/02/16 03:28 PM

I think Guybrush is probably genuinely annoyed by it (although I could of course be wrong).

What I know is that I would have had to give up playing these games a long time ago if I were bothered by preposterous plots and plot discrepancies. smile

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/02/16 04:13 PM

You are SO right!!! Thanks for the great insight. I guess I'll buy it.

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/03/16 01:11 PM

So, I bought it and am almost finished...enjoying it. Different strokes and all that.

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/03/16 06:48 PM

I feel as you do, Marian. I seldom pay any attention to the often-ridiculous and ALWAYS repetitive plot devices in casual games. When I play casual games, I primarily play for the puzzles, and just hope for a game that is not too annoying otherwise. If I could find a game that was only puzzles, without having any HOG elements or even any "plot," I'd buy it. I have found a few like that, but not many.

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/03/16 07:27 PM

I'm glad you are liking the game, joanie. wave

I play primarily for the puzzles too, Reenie. And I would also say that a "willing suspension of disbelief" is something that I have no trouble doing with these games - lucky for me. smile

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/10/16 02:35 AM

I just finished the CE version of the game. It was a good, long ride (some casual games are so short as to be not worth even waiting to get them at half price). As usual, revenge motive, magical creatures, plucky protagonist who conquers all. What I liked about it was the excellent graphics, multiple scenes, good puzzles and pesky mini-games. Otherwise, the same as any other in this genre. Unlike some, where the plot consists entirely of thwarting and destroying the troublemaker, this game features that person being redeemed at the end. The "bonus" game wasn't very long and added little except the missing motivation for the "evil" character, but all in all, I regard this game as being in my Top 20.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Royal Detective: Legend of the Golem - New IHOG on Big Fish - 04/10/16 03:53 AM

THanks for letting us know your thoughts. Sounds like a great deal!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community