GB HOMEPAGE

Downloading from purchase history now a pain!

Posted By: meryl

Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/03/18 09:43 AM

It started quite recently that I had to uninstall and then reinstall the Game Manager in order to download a game. I thought it was just a one off but it happens every time now. It makes no difference whether I do it from the website or from the app.

Anyone else had this problem or know why it is happening?
Posted By: connie

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/03/18 01:46 PM

Yes it tells me I need an internet connection when I am connected.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/03/18 03:01 PM

That is indeed a pain and definitely something you should take up with Customer Support. I am not going to speculate as to what the problem could be as that would be sheer guesswork on my part.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/03/18 04:44 PM

I recently had it keep telling me to sign in when I was already signed in, so I would sign out and in of both the ap and the site, and then it worked. I had originally thought, the first time it happened, that it was because I hadn't downloaded anything for awhile but then it happened in between downloading one and then trying to download another right after. This was a couple of weeks ago. Haven't tried it since.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/03/18 07:43 PM

Yes, I've had it tell me to sing in when my page shows I already am signed in. Had to do the same thing you mentioned (sign out and sign in again). I have had some odd glitches occur recently, too, with regard to downloads.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/04/18 12:47 AM

I've had the same problem. hardwall
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/04/18 01:02 AM

I think the Game Manager was "updated" to a buggy version. I bought two games on the New Year's Day sale, and the Game Manager froze while trying to activate the first one. Had to force quit (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and reboot. When I restarted the Game Manager, it said I had to log in again. After doing that, it said it was ready to activate the game (had a blue "Activate" button next to the game), but it only froze again when I tried. I ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling the game (which required a second download). If the first download had been corrupt, wouldn't it have failed the validation step? It failed after validating, during the activation step, not from a failed validation, so I'm blaming the Game Manager.
Posted By: Roger

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/07/18 06:59 PM

In a similar vein, I suspect, my game manager no longer stays open after playing a game. This has been happening for a couple of months at least. When I download a game, the game manager will open, but only as long as I play the downloaded game (or another one). Minor inconvenience, I suppose, but the game manager is no longer finding it's way to my desktop (Windows 10). And I never deleted the game manager icon from my desktop.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/08/18 01:11 AM

Well I've not experienced any problems at all and I've downloaded several purchases (that I hadn't had time to previously) during the last few days.

Downloading to a Win7 machine using IE.

think think
Posted By: Marian

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/08/18 01:45 AM

I haven't experienced any problems either, Mad. Windows 7 here.
Posted By: meryl

Re: Downloading from purchase history now a pain! - 01/08/18 10:07 AM

I'm windows 7 Google Chrome. I'll get on to BFG when I can summon the effort!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community