GB HOMEPAGE

Well, That's Rude, Big Fish!

Posted By: Draclvr

Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 03:53 AM

My granddaughter was over to bake cookies yesterday and I always purchase the year's Christmas Stories game for her to play while she's here. This year it's a Collector's Edition only. I tried to purchase the game as a gift, but it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to send a gift certificate for the game which I've done in years past. But Big Fish excludes Collector's Editions from Gift Certificates! You can buy one for a single game or for five games. It even specifically says NOT a Collector's Edition game.

So they lost a sale because I can't purchase this game for my granddaughter because it's a Collector's Edition? Doesn't make sense to me!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 04:27 AM

I never understood why you can't do that. They have codes for collector's editions, but they don't sell them. Sorry you weren't able to gift it to your grand daughter. I hope you enjoyed baking.

Ana wave

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 04:50 AM

I just thought it was strange they wouldn't let me spend my money with them!

Yes, the cookie baking was a resounding success! She's 12 now and who knows how many more years she will want to do this...
Posted By: Marian

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 04:51 AM

There will be a standard version of the Christmas Stories Christmas game, but not for a little while. As far as I know, that has always been the case with the Christmas Stories releases, just like other HOPAs that are released as Collector's Editions first and then the standard version a while after that.

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 05:06 PM

But I would like to gift my granddaughter with the Collector's Edition which she was playing here, not the Standard Edition! Still seems odd that BF won't let me spend even more of my money there!

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 05:15 PM

I agree that there should be a way to gift Collector's Editions.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/17/18 11:37 PM

Without knowing the whole story, was the Gift to your granddaughter intended to be installed on "Her laptop?", if so, I am just wondering that if you logged into Her BF game manager as yourself and buy the game and then would it be possible to install the game on her laptop? Just curious if that could be possible.

PS: I hope I am making sense of this...
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 01:05 AM

Another option would be to open a Big Fish membership for your grandaughter. You could immediately cancel after purchasing the CE. If I have it right, she'd also have a game club credit for a se game?

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 07:30 AM

Starcom, she is 12 and does not have her own laptop - in the past, I have just purchased the game and her mom downloads it to her laptop. I thought about that option, Sparkle, but it's just not worth the effort. Either Big Fish allows me to gift someone a Collector's Edition or they don't. Their loss in my opinion!

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 01:02 PM

Until fairly recently it wasn't possible to buy a CE with 2 game club credits. Now you can. Maybe in the future Big Fish will change their policy on gifting too.

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:15 PM

I'm not following Sparkle, you could always use two Game Club credits to buy a CE. YOu just have to own them as a GC Member.

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:20 PM

Maybe I disremember. But I seem to recall that at one time GC members complained about not being able to use 2 GC credits for a CE. Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time I was confused. crazy

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:27 PM

You can't use 2 Coupon Codes for a CE. That is still the policy.

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:29 PM

Aha! I found this.

https://www.gamezebo.com/2011/05/17/big-fish-games-extends-game-club-credits-collectors-editions/

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:53 PM

I remember that too, Sparkle. I believe that policy was instituted about a year to a year-and-a-half after Collector's Editions came into being. I remember before that, people were wishing they could use their Game Club credits to purchase CEs and they ended up getting their wish not too long after that.

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 02:57 PM

Yes, that was in 2011. A lifetime ago for me, lol They learned quickly to do that when CE's became the norm rather than a special. Those were the days the CE's weren't released as often as they are now. You threw me off when you said "until recently".

Ana wave

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 07:32 PM

Ha! That WAS a longer time ago than I thought. Time flies when you're having fun - especially at my age. lol

Re: Well, That's Rude, Big Fish! - 12/18/18 07:49 PM

I remember when Collector's Editions began, there was one about every four to six weeks. It's hard to believe how many years have passed since then.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community