GB HOMEPAGE

Haiku Games New Format

Posted By: KatieB

Haiku Games New Format - 02/27/19 03:53 AM

I do not know if this post should be in Adventure Games or Casual Games. Those of you who have played Haiku games can decide. But now Haiku has changed their format and I think it's worth a mention. I really like their puzzles and one can play for free--in fact I've never payed for a game and I have played them all. Until now. I think the new system is fair but I would be interested in hearing other viewpoints.

Haiku games play on Apple and Android mobile devices (I think.)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/27/19 04:00 AM

What did they change? Glad you are enjoying them!

Ana
Posted By: Marian

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/27/19 04:00 AM

Thanks, KatieB. For those who are unfamiliar with Haiku games, their website can be found here.

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/27/19 09:58 PM

Haiku games have always been free to play. You find stars along the way and can use the stars to buy hints or to skip difficult puzzles. If you want more stars, you can buy them. I played all the Haiku games, ranging from pretty basic with some interesting puzzles to good stories with more interesting puzzles, without ever paying a cent. I actually felt a bit guilty.

Now the latest two games are free too, and you are given quite a few stars at the onset. However, you can only play two chapters before you have to wait three hours to play another two chapters. You can, of course, buy keys to unlock chapters early. There are also ads in between chapters.

It's not a big change and I respect it. I finally spent money on a Haiku game! And they deserve it...
Posted By: Marian

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/27/19 11:11 PM

That all seems pretty reasonable to me. wave

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/28/19 03:17 AM

Sounds reasonable to me too! Thanks for explaining the changes, Katie!

Ana
Posted By: colpet

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 02/28/19 03:10 PM

I love the Haiku games, and have played all of them in the free version. I noticed the timing keys, but since I play them casually (i.e. in spurts), I never timed out. The latest one is actually 2 games in one. Trapmaker is for standard players, and Cursed Crown has more challenging puzzles. I play them on my iPad. I recommend all their games for good puzzling fun.
Haiku Games Homepage
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 03/01/19 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by KatieB
There are also ads in between chapters...

You had my interest piqued until that phrase. frown

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 03/01/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Reenie
There are also ads in between chapters...

You had my interest piqued until that phrase. frown

It's free to play but not free to make. They have to do something.

Ana

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 03/01/19 02:26 PM

The chapters are usually lengthy and the ads are short--1 ad, 30 seconds. It's reasonable, I think.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Haiku Games New Format - 03/02/19 05:06 PM

The chapters are usually lengthy and the ads are short--1 ad, 30 seconds. It's reasonable, I think.

KatieB, I agree!!
Ana, I was thinking the same.

I just downloaded "Asylum" to my iPad and played a bit. I'll play more later.
Thanks, KatieB for posting about Haiku.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community