GB HOMEPAGE

Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game

Posted By: CountZero

Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 04:06 AM

I am looking for some recommendations for some casual type hog games that do not have anything to do with fantasy, elves, witches, ghosts, time travel etc...Does anyone know some good games that live in the real world like some good mysteries or thrillers? Thanks in advance smile
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 12:39 PM

Hi, CountZero!

If you enjoy mysteries, you might want to give the "Dead Reckoning" series a try. It was discontinued and sort of morphed into the "Memoirs of Murder" series, that I would also recommend. "Detectives United" is another new series.

You'll probably receive a lot more suggestions, but those games are a start lol !

Susan
Posted By: Marian

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 12:50 PM

Path of Sin: Greed and Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed are two more that I would suggest you try.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 03:51 PM

Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover

Castle is the guy's name, not a building.
It's based on a TV series. Here's the Steam description:
Quote
Castle: Never Judge a Book by its Cover is an investigative adventure game that will immerse casual players into the thrilling exploits of famous mystery novelist Richard Castle and Detective Kate Beckett. Over the span of five chapters the player will be tasked with finding evidence, tracking down suspects, and uncovering the truth behind the copycat killer responsible for staging murder scenes depicted in his novels.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jenny100
Castle: Never Judge a Book by Its Cover



It appears that this game has been removed from the Big Fish website and is no longer for sale there, but Steam offers it.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 05:23 PM

There are a couple of "Murder She Wrote" games still available and "Nancy Drew - Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon" also.

And I have one called "Facility 47" which doesn't look as though it will have fairies or elves etc. [I haven't played it yet though so I can't be certain.]

I also like the "Hidden Expedition" series but can't remember if they feature black smoke and ghosts or such like ....

And two games I very much like are the Adam Wolfe ones. However they DO have "adult" content and might not be for everyone.
Although I can't remember if they have smoke and stuff either !!

Oh, for a better memory !!!! lol
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 06:13 PM

What about the 3 New York Mysteries games? I have not played these games yet myself but seem to remember them being mentioned in similar discussions. Maybe somebody who has played them can say if they meet your criteria?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 06:45 PM

The New York Mysteries games have touches of supernatural involvement, so I did not mention them. Having said that, I think that CountZero would enjoy all three games in the series. They are all very good games.

And good news for New York Mysteries fans - there is another installment coming. I saw the beta on YouTube. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/17/19 06:49 PM

Ooh. Thanks Marian!
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/18/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Marian
The New York Mysteries games have touches of supernatural involvement, so I did not mention them. Having said that, I think that CountZero would enjoy all three games in the series. They are all very good games.

And good news for New York Mysteries fans - there is another installment coming. I saw the beta on YouTube. smile

I already played the New York Mystery games. I liked them.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/19/19 01:49 AM

The Dana Knightstone series?
The Final Cut series?
The Lost Lands series?

I don't recall supernatural being dominant in those games.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/19/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Reenie
The Dana Knightstone series?
The Final Cut series?
The Lost Lands series?

I don't recall supernatural being dominant in those games.

Yes. A little supernatural is ok. Im just burnt out on the fantasy, fairy tale, ghost stories...
Thanks everyone for your recommendations.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/19/19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mad
There are a couple of "Murder She Wrote" games still available and "Nancy Drew - Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon" also.

And I have one called "Facility 47" which doesn't look as though it will have fairies or elves etc. [I haven't played it yet though so I can't be certain.]

I also like the "Hidden Expedition" series but can't remember if they feature black smoke and ghosts or such like ....

And two games I very much like are the Adam Wolfe ones. However they DO have "adult" content and might not be for everyone.
Although I can't remember if they have smoke and stuff either !!

Oh, for a better memory !!!! lol

Facility 47 looks awesome. Definitely going to get that one. I will look into the others also. Thank you.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/19/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Susie07
Hi, CountZero!

If you enjoy mysteries, you might want to give the "Dead Reckoning" series a try. It was discontinued and sort of morphed into the "Memoirs of Murder" series, that I would also recommend. "Detectives United" is another new series.

You'll probably receive a lot more suggestions, but those games are a start lol !

Susan

I have played two of the memoirs of murder games. I liked them. I will check out the others. Thanks.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/22/19 07:42 PM

Thanks for stimulating this thread, CountZero. It has been informative for any of us who are tired of lurid colors, black smoke and the same three story lines. I've taken notes and will go looking for some of the games mentioned.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Looking for a Certain Type of Casual Game - 04/23/19 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Reenie
Thanks for stimulating this thread, CountZero. It has been informative for any of us who are tired of lurid colors, black smoke and the same three story lines. I've taken notes and will go looking for some of the games mentioned.

Right. Its not that I hate ghost stories, fantasy and such. I have just grown tired of them...
© 2022 GameBoomers Community