GB HOMEPAGE

Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle

Posted By: gillann

Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/25/19 04:50 PM

In this sequence at the asylum you have to get the number to the door in the asylum. The number is found in a building adjacent. It has to be done quickly, as the number resets. I have made at least, trips to the site to get the number, and all six have been rejected. The numbers are random, and I have moved quickly, but nothing is working. I've checked the Strategy guide, and the WT and followed the instructions. What am I missing? I bought this game years ago, but am just now playing it. Any hint would be welcome!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/25/19 05:02 PM

i remember this.. you have to do this very quickly or the number expires... I had to do this part numerous times in order to get back fast enough. Sorry this is not more of a help.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/25/19 05:09 PM

This is from the Gamezebo walkthrough:

"To give yourself the maximum amount of time, wait until the code changes and write this code down or memorize it."

Maybe it will help. https://www.gamezebo.com/2011/12/02...earst-walkthrough-cheats-strategy-guide/
Posted By: Marian

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/25/19 05:16 PM

I hope this advice will help you out, gillann.

I moved this thread over to the Casual Games forum.

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/25/19 09:30 PM

Thank you, Marian...Still working on it ! Very annoying!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/26/19 05:44 AM

Marian, when did this chapter of the game come out? Where does it fall in the order of the games?

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/26/19 02:13 PM

Reenie, check out this page. This will answer your questions and will also provide additional info.

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 05:35 PM

Well, I'm still trying to solve the door puzzle to no avail. I've done exactly what the WT and other sites have suggested, but nada. I just don't get what the problem is. I've gotten the code, zoomed back to the asylum and entered the code before the ticker goes from red to green. Plenty of time, but always rejected. Any other thoughts? I've gotten this far, and hate to give up!

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 05:41 PM

Sometimes watching someone else play through a certain section of a game can prove useful.

I would try watching a YouTube video walkthrough, one of which can be found here. Find where you are in the game and see if watching another player get through this area of the game is helpful.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 07:26 PM

And the right door, isn't there 2?

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 08:44 PM

There are 2 doors shown. One is downstairs in the asylum in the room with all the surveillance TVS. The other is upstairs, and out the window to the adjacent building. I tried to work the one in the surveillance room, but will try again. I've been using the codes found in the other building. Wish me luck!

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 08:48 PM

I did it! It was the downstairs surveillance room, not the building across the street. Worked fine! I wonder why they had two sites? Thanks for all the help!

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/27/19 08:54 PM

Really happy to hear that you got it figured out! Have fun with the rest of the game. wave

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 04:45 PM

I finally succeeded in solving the door puzzle, but now I'm having another problem. I used the Proposal key to unlock one of the gates, and collected the tokens. The tokens ar e to be matched up with the scenes , or objects portrayed. Following the WT, I've been to those places, and objects placed the tokens, but nothing happens. With the others, they are charged. What am I missing?

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 04:57 PM

Let's wait for someone who has a better memory of this part of the game than I do.

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 05:04 PM

I have found all three of the handles...red, blue, green. The onl y token that I could charge was that of the nurse/receptionist at the asylum. That was done in the surveillance room on the bank of TVs. None of the other tokens will charge when put in their correct places. Very weird.

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 06:23 PM

I can remember other people having this problem while playing the game and it might have just been a case of putting in the wrong token. But as I said before, let's wait and see what others have to say.

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 08:55 PM

I finally figured it out with a little help from You Tube!

Re: Escape from Ravenhurs-door puzzle - 05/29/19 08:57 PM

Good idea! I was going to suggest that if we didn't get any replies here. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community