GB HOMEPAGE

A feature I could do without

Posted By: Sparkle

A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 05:06 PM

Some of the HOPA’s I’ve played have a feature that lets you decide when you return to the game whether to “Continue” or “Restart”. More than once I’ve accidently clicked on “Restart”. If one is a good way into the game, this is quite frustrating. Just wonder if anyone finds the “Restart” option helpful in some way.

Edit: The option is “Reset”.
Posted By: Marian

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 05:08 PM

I have never accidentally clicked on restart, but it has crossed my mind that it could happen if I wasn't really paying attention to where I was clicking.

Offhand I can't think of any time when I used that feature, either.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 05:29 PM

I agree Sparkle. They could at least put the options farther apart, so you don't accidentally slip and hit the wrong button. Or have an "are you sure?" option if you do click "Restart" so you can take it back if it was an accident.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 06:08 PM

I have not accidentally clicked on that button in a casual game but I know I have accidentally clicked on some buttons in some games before, so, NO, I do not like that either. Like Jenny says, if they do want that there, change it somehow. I also cannot see a reason for it. Just start a new game if you want to. What is the difference other than creating a new profile name? Does restart keep anything from the game you were playing?

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 10:33 PM

Nope.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 10:48 PM

Boy, do I agree! I have come close a couple of times, too. eek I don't think all games have this setup. Maybe for good reason?

Jenny has a good idea: Have an "Are you sure?" option attached. We can only hope they do. Has anyone ever selected that button by mistake?

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 11:24 PM

I have to laugh, thinking about the number of times over the years I have seen people complain about how long it takes to exit a particular game and could the developer please just get rid of the "Are you sure?" message that pops up after they hit OK or Yes to exit the game. The mere suggestion of adding an "Are you sure?" option would give them fits. grin

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/22/19 11:36 PM

That’s a pretty lame complaint, in my opinion. What? 1 more click takes about 5 seconds.

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/23/19 12:17 PM

I agree, Sparkle. There's just no pleasing some people!
Posted By: Mad

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/24/19 08:43 AM

Oh, I prefer a protracted exit from a game any day !!

So much safer and only takes seconds thumbsup
Posted By: Reenie

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/26/19 05:07 PM

Me, too, Mad. Imagine if you had been playing a game for a couple of days and accidentally selected "Restart" when exiting?
Posted By: copper

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/26/19 05:41 PM

I hit restart by accident once, I was distracted by someone. I was nearly at the end of the game, boy was I annoyed with myself!

I've paid extra attention ever since.

I'll take a long goodbye any day too.

Re: A feature I could do without - 09/27/19 12:08 AM

I can sure see how that could happen, Copper! The long goodbye is much better. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community