GB HOMEPAGE

Bye Bigfish

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Bye Bigfish - 04/08/20 03:41 PM

I just canceled my club membership (again). A free game code expired because they offered nothing I wanted. I meant to offer it as a giveaway but I lost track of when it expired. If within 180 days they have something I'm interested in I'll use my last club credit, which seems unlikely at this point.

I didn't sign up for time management games. Or match 3 games.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/08/20 04:16 PM

In general, Big Fish is releasing one CE HOPA a week, sometimes two. If that plus the huge catalog of HOPA CEs already available isn't enough, well then it's up for you to decide. I am lucky in that I like lots of different types of games so the question becomes what to play next rather than what to play. I'm not sure I understand what purpose it serves to complain about it here. If it matters to you, try writing to Big Fish and telling them about it, which might actually accomplish something.

Not positive yet what the CE HOPA will be this week, but based on what I am reading on other forums, it will either be an Elephant Grim Tales or a Mad Head Nevertales game.

I for one feel fortunate that we are still getting a new game every day, considering what is going on in the world at the moment.
Posted By: family

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/08/20 04:45 PM

big fish free games, i got 7 games free, 6 ce,, and 1 se, that marian told us about, i aam nott sure if it is still offered ask marian.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/08/20 08:25 PM

I got caught up on every series I was interested in. They're not releasing anything I'm interested in anymore.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/08/20 08:56 PM

If you're not finding any games you're interested in at Big Fish anymore, then quitting the membership makes sense.

If they are releasing games you're interested in, but at too slow a rate, maybe quit temporarily and rejoin in a year or two, once there's enough backlog you're interested in.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 12:44 AM

Check in with BF from time to time, Guybrush. It is not necessary to burn the bridge itself. I feel somewhat the same way you do about the change in types of games available, so I canceled my membership ages ago, but I still monitor the site now and then, and do find a game or two that appeals. Just not as many as previously.

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 01:12 PM

could you be going through cabin fever, if so, buy a mask, my husband wear a bandana to go grocery shop and go to baldinos giant jersey subs, and gloves, ask ana or marian were to buy them. we all are going through it. my cooking class been cancel, piccadilly staff are not getting paid at marietta , my husband went to cracker barrel a guy ask him for change.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 03:41 PM

Masks and disposable gloves are hard to come by, family. Amazon has some of the gloves. They also have masks, but they come from China. Others are only being aold to medical facilities and government entities.

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 03:56 PM

thanks sparkle, i was trying to help.

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by family
thanks sparkle, i was trying to help.

No worries - we know you were trying to help. What Sparkle said, though, is true, unfortunately. Some of these items are indeed very hard to come by.

Having these games to play is making sure that I have very little if any cabin fever, thankfully. wave
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 04:07 PM

Have you tried looking back over the years? I am currently playing and enjoying Curse of the Black Water-Mystery of the Ancients. I bought it back in 2013 - great fun!!
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 04:11 PM

So if you cancel BF memebership can you still play the games you already bought?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by exalthim2
So if you cancel BF memebership can you still play the games you already bought?

Sure.
Cancelling your membership does not cancel your account, and you can still log in with the Game Manager and reinstall games you've already bought.
You just don't get discounts on future games you buy (unless you rejoin).

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Upsydaisy
Have you tried looking back over the years? I am currently playing and enjoying Curse of the Black Water-Mystery of the Ancients. I bought it back in 2013 - great fun!!

Great game! I replayed that one last year. thumbsup
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/09/20 10:34 PM

A new Nevertales game out and a BO/GO sale with purchase of the new game. Just sayin’.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/12/20 04:00 PM

I cancelled my membership several years ago because I wasn't seeing enough games I was interested in. However, I certainly love that Big Fish is there for everyone and continues to release new games and keep people playing! I still play lots of my older BF games, some of them every day. What is it about Plants vs. Zombies that just fascinates me!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Bye Bigfish - 04/12/20 05:01 PM

I was a member for a very short time - years ago - until I realised I would never be buying games often enough for it to be worthwhile.
So now I have the pleasure of dipping into Big Fish whenever the mood takes me AND I can still take advantage of some of the many "sales" they hold bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community