GB HOMEPAGE

A quibble

Posted By: Reenie

A quibble - 06/01/21 05:39 AM

How many of you get a new casual game and play it all the way through in one setting? They are small games, for the most part, so I sure could see that being possible. For myself, playing in shorter engagements that span a period of several days is more my style because I can't just sit still for hours at a time and Life intervenes to trump my game-playing, anyway.

So, I frequently exit a casual game and come back to it later and then have to wait through those "warm up" videos again that are announcing the game company, reminding me that games are better with the sound turned on (???) and replaying whatever video might be included in the game's Introduction. I wouldn't mind skipping those start-up clips each time I restart the game again. After all, they don't ask us each time we restart whether we want to twiddle with the Settings we have chosen.
Posted By: Mad

Re: A quibble - 06/01/21 06:27 AM

What I mostly get, having played previously and then come back for more, is a very brief intro and then I just use the SKIP button - all of which only takes a few seconds whistle

I can't say I object to that ....

Posted By: Marian

Re: A quibble - 06/01/21 01:18 PM

Reenie, every CE I have ever played has a skip option a few seconds into the intro which then takes me directly to the main menu, so I am not sure which games you are referring to. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: A quibble - 06/01/21 06:08 PM

That isn't an issue for me. My main quibble is probably the text that disappears before I can finish reading it. The stuff that is NOT something you can repeat. Other text sits there until you click and it is stuff you can repeat. duh
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: A quibble - 06/01/21 06:09 PM

Often times, when those intro blurbs are playing, you can just click anywhere on the screen and it jumps to the next one. Only the one with a skip button requires you to find that button.

( I think the fantasy gadgets they create to tell you to use sound are amusing)
Posted By: Reenie

Re: A quibble - 06/02/21 10:12 PM

Thanks, all. I guess it is just me, but why should we have to go through the SKIP process for something like this EVERY time we restart? I sometimes exit and restart a game multiple times in a single day (after all, I do have a life away from the computer ~! ha ha).

Why can't the game designers set it up so it stops tooting its horn after the first go-round? Given how complex they make these games, it doesn't seem like it would be difficult for them to add a teensy bit of appropriate code. Like I said, it isn't serious, just a quibble. Nevertheless, after playing hundreds of these games, it is a negative.
Posted By: Marian

Re: A quibble - 06/02/21 10:37 PM

Well, I have to admit that I really don't understand, being as this only involves one click of the mouse button. I have a hard time seeing this as a negative unless I am really going out of my way to look for things to take issue about, but you are certainly entitled to your quibble about it. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: A quibble - 06/02/21 10:51 PM

I have to say I agree with Marian yes

I'd hardly call it an imposition to click a mouse a couple of times in order to access something enjoyable duh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community