GB HOMEPAGE

Took a Break

Posted By: 8dognight

Took a Break - 01/02/22 03:02 PM

Hello to all. I took a break from games for a couple of years. I hope everyone is well here.

I'm downloading Mikael Nyqvist's new Carol Reed and also replaying a few old favorites like Grim Tales: The Legacy and Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow. They seem like old friends with harder puzzles than I remember. The emulator eventually worked for Legacy--ah, Elephant at top form--but doesn't seem to for Christmas Stories: Nutcracker which displays only half of the intended screen. After I finish Amos Reed, I'll ask on the tweaks forum.

So now I ask here the perennial question: what is new and outstanding? Failing that, what is new and good?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Took a Break - 01/02/22 03:14 PM

Nice to have you back, and I hope that things are well with you!

Have you played either of the games in 5 BN's new series? In order, they are Legendary Tales: Stolen Life and Legendary Tales: Cataclysm. This would be a good starting point and are up to the developer's usual high standards. There were also one or two new installments in the Lost Lands series.

Mystery Case Files: Incident at Pendle Tower has been well-liked by many here, and Redrawn: The Painted Tower is another good one (a remastered version of Drawn: The Painted Tower).

I don't know if you have seen this page, but it will give you some idea of games that were released this year. As to their relative worth, hopefully other people here can chime in on that.

All of the games mentioned above were first released as Collector's Editions and then standard versions afterwards.

And do post over in Glitches about your display issue. smile
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Took a Break - 01/02/22 05:14 PM

8dognight, so good to see you back! We missed you! Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Took a Break - 01/02/22 08:15 PM

Nice to see you back in the forum 8dognight! I haven't played a lot of the newer games but did play the Legendary Tales games that Marian suggested and agree they are both very good!

Re: Took a Break - 01/03/22 02:37 PM

Thank-you Marian, Ana, and Oldbroad for the suggestions and the warm welcome. I will try one of the Legendary Tales today because I got stuck in the shooting range with Carol then emerged only to have Biggie withhold directions until I tidied up for him, that lazy old darling of Norrkoping's tattoo parlors. As a result of Biggie's recalcitrance, I have abandoned Carol temporarily.

I have missed Gameboomers.

Re: Took a Break - 01/03/22 04:04 PM

I played part of the Legendary Tales: Stolen Life demo and have bought the full game. I am not crazy about BN's rune puzzles; other than that the game promises a big enough map for complexity and the graphics indicate some ambition from the developers.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Took a Break - 01/03/22 04:38 PM

Sounds good, 8dognight. Hopefully the game will provide a welcome escape from reality for a while. And we missed you, too!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community