GB HOMEPAGE

What's your favorite casual game?

Posted By: NYLady

What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 12:46 PM

What is your favorite casual game? So far, for me, it's a toss between Big City Adventures and Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst.

happydance
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 01:30 PM

I enjoyed Jewel Quest 2, though wasn't sure how casual it was the further one progresses. grin
Also enjoy the various Mahjongg games.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 01:35 PM

I haven't played many of these, but I was really fascinated with Ravenshearst. wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 03:49 PM

I think my favourite game so far is Ravenhearst as it has a deeper mystery to unravel. But I've enjoyed most of the 'seek & find' games that I have played so far - the only one I am hesitant to buy is Travelogue Paris as I'm not sure that I like the 3D effect! (seems like too much hard work! :D)

wink
Posted By: Rushes

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 08:47 PM

So many of 'em! I go through phases of being completely addicted to Inspector Parker (logical whodunnit) and Hidden Expedition Titanic (another one of those seek & find games that everyone seems to be bananas about at the moment grin ). I also really enjoy Turbo 21 and Diner Dash.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 09:03 PM

I love the Mystery Case File games! I have also enjoyed (and spent mucho time on) Luxor and Jewel Quest 1 and 2. And I am really looking forward to playing Fairy Godmother Tycoon (I ordered the boxed version after having played the one-hour demo and loved it).

I've got many others here too; Super Collapse 3, Inspector Parker, Bejeweled 2, Galapago, Westward, Diner Dash, Big Kahuna Reef, Mah Jong Quest, and the list goes on!! I'm very enthusiastic about many of them. happydance
Posted By: gremlin

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 09:06 PM

I'm current loving Cradle of Rome for those spare five (or 50) minutes-es.

Gremlin
Posted By: Nipomo

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 09:31 PM

Where does one find Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst.??? (Poor adventure games....first the darkside, now casual games...but I promise its just a fling)

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 09:40 PM

Those spare moments can be hard to find, so it's really great to have something to plug into smile

Nipomo, you can find Ravenshurst here. luck
Posted By: ramona

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/07/07 11:03 PM

Nipomo, very funny post. I too dabble on the dark side playing Oblivion which I love and now I have the casual games plus adventure games. I am glad I am done with school, more time for more games.

BTW, my favorite so far is the Agatha Christie Seek and Find game. I joined the Big Fish delux club since these games are so fun to play when you want to just play something for an hour or two or three grin
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 02:48 PM

I like the Mystery Case Files series best, for the variety of puzzles and the humour. But I really liked MAgic Adcademy and Mysteryville, too.

WW

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 02:54 PM

WW, How do the MCF and Magic Academy and Mysteryville differ?
Posted By: StarLite Moon

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 04:38 PM

As you well know I am a conasaur of free games and I really enjoyed Duty and Beyond. I'm going to replay it because I missed 2 jewels. The puzzle work in this game was really good. When I finish a game very seldom do I replay it, but this one I will definitely consider.
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 06:12 PM

There are so many I like it is hard to pick a favorite.

I would say the Mystery Case File games come in at the top with Ravenhearst.

I also like Cradle of Rome and all 3 Jewel Quest games. I believe it is safer to say I like games that take you on a quest to complete the levels; you can see your achievements by your advancing on a map.

Linda wave

edit to answer L4L: the difference for me in the games is the ability to see the objects better in the MCF games, more screens to the level and less conversation. However, Magic Academy was improved playing after Mysteryville. Also I think the MCF games are longer. They are definitely getting better too; bring on MCF # 4 please.
Posted By: margaret

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 07:11 PM

I love the mystery games like prime suspects and ravenhearst but the big city adventure San Francisco is our favorite.

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 07:14 PM

Margaret, my MIL is playing that one right now. What makes this one your favorite?
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/08/07 10:21 PM

oh, it is too hard to have just ONE favorite!!!! Right now I am playing "Magic Academy" and I love it!!!! The puzzles in between levels are great!!!

Nan
Posted By: Glenna

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/09/07 01:22 AM

Hello everyone. I am delighted to know that I am not only an Adventure Game lover, but a Casual game lover as well. I have loved playing Snood, Snood Solitaire, Mystery Case Files, Wonderland, MahJong Quest, Inspector Parker, and more. Thanks for the great new forum!!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/09/07 01:28 AM

I have to say, the one I play at least once a day is Penguin Solitaire, part of the Top Ten Solitaire from Big Fish.

Other than that, it depends on my mood. I like Mystic Inn and all the Hidden picture ones.

Ana wave
Posted By: margaret

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/09/07 09:37 AM

big city adventure San Francisco is my favorite because it's a big game. you can play for hours. and the in between puzzles are also great. My difficult places in this game are Nob Hill and the Chinese shop. especially Nob Hill, with 5 teacups, 3 champagne glasses, the two arrows and so on, now I know where to find those items. I love it that you can play in relaxed mode so you can see where difficult items are stored.
my highest score in time-mode is now 3.230.515 points.
the only thing is that I cannot empty the highscore list.
I hope that there will be more citygames coming.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/09/07 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I have to say, the one I play at least once a day is Penguin Solitaire, part of the Top Ten Solitaire from Big Fish.

Ana wave

Me too! I seldom play the other solitaire games. Love that Penquin. I think it comes from an innate desire to put everything in life in order. laugh rotfl
Posted By: wysewomon

Re: What's your favorite casual game? - 05/09/07 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
WW, How do the MCF and Magic Academy and Mysteryville differ?

Magic academy and Mysteryville (which I'm pretty sure are made by the same people; they look the same) have some character interaction and plot. And the variety of seek and find puzzles is greater: there are some times when you have to compare two scenes and find out what differs and some times when you just have to collect all the keys in the scene for example. So they're more adventurey. The graphics are really good, too.

But I still think the MCF are the best of the strictly seek & find type game. especially prime suspects. There were times I found that game so funny I about wet my pants. And I liked the in between puzzles. I didn;t think Ravenhurst was all that it was cracked up to be, frankly.

WW
© 2024 GameBoomers Community