GB HOMEPAGE

What is your least favorite puzzle in games?

Posted By: Reenie

What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/24/23 12:44 AM

I love most puzzles, which is why I play Casuals in the first place. I enjoy figuring out what the puzzle wants and then finding the solution to solving it. However, there is one type that I dread ~ when you are given a field of tiles that must be rotated in the proper order to assemble a final image. (You don't rotate the pieces individually, but as sets dictated by the puzzle itself.) If you rotate one set of tiles into position, it is sure to be screwed up by the next set you rotate. I always groan when I see one of these come up.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/24/23 09:07 PM

Reenie, I would have to say that the puzzle that you describe as being the one you really dislike is the puzzle that I feel the same way about. I don't care for them at all, no matter how much I tell myself that I am going to be patient about it.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/24/23 10:12 PM

This puzzle can certainly be frustrating but any puzzle can frustrate me if I'm not in the right mood. yes

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/24/23 11:47 PM

Yeah, I run out of "patience" pretty quickly. It is funny, though. There are much more challenging puzzles we can encounter that require us to take out a pen and colored pencils and struggle with some form of assembly to get the pieces all in proper places, and I love those!
Posted By: Mad

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/25/23 01:13 AM

I really don’t much enjoy the type where ropes (usually) have to be moved around so that none of them cross.
It seems such a pointless exercise to me crazy
Posted By: LadyLinda

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/25/23 01:02 PM

I dislike mazes, especially if they are timed.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/25/23 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mad
I really don’t much enjoy the type where ropes (usually) have to be moved around so that none of them cross.
It seems such a pointless exercise to me crazy

I actually like those puzzles because they are something I do pretty well with. The first time I solved one of those was in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge. There are many puzzles, though, that I really stink at!

I don't much care for mazes either, LadyLinda. Fortunately the ones in casual games that I have come across are mostly pretty easy. Happily I don't think I have ever come across a timed one in a casual.

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/25/23 07:49 PM

LadyLinda, I sure agree with you about anything timed. I don't play these games to be stressed out but to explore, solve puzzles, explore and while away an evening.

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 01/26/23 01:18 AM

I’m glad you like the “rope” puzzles, Marian 👍👍👍

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/22/23 05:13 AM

I think I'm not too fond of memory puzzles where you have to repeat the sequences, but especially if you miss one and have to start the whole series over and it's random, so even if you managed to note it down somehow, the notes are useless. smashpc
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/22/23 01:26 PM

I see no-one has mentioned the "S-word" (Sliders)
I like sliders, and have included tutorial descriptions in several of the walkthroughs I wrote over the years. There are actual techniques needed to solve a slider; and once you understand them; there ya go. 😎

I promised myself I wouldnt go on a rant about mazes; because everyone here has heard me say I Hate Mazes over and over again.
So there: I didn't rant and rave. 😇

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/22/23 04:50 PM

Sliders can get very frustrating. They are a puzzle that depends on my mood. The memory sequences cause me to get an anxious feeling that I don't like. I really just figured this out last night while working one (though I do usually beat them).

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/22/23 05:13 PM

Agreed. I know there is a "trick" to sliders but that doesn't translate into "puzzle" for me. It is "work."

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/23/23 12:53 AM

I quite enjoy most sliders but there are some that feel "beyond me" when I'm tackling them !! lol
Posted By: Mikael

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/23/23 02:46 AM

Slider puzzles, no doubt. I've never been able to solve any.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/23/23 12:35 PM

How about when you are searching for clues somewhere in the Norrköping area, and you can't find your way back to the map? 😂 😍😨
I've 'been there - done that' so many times. LOL
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/23/23 01:25 PM

I don't know how many times over the years I have walked poor Carol in circles inside a deserted factory or small apartment. I love Mikael's ability to trick me. It's part of the fun.

Over the last month, I've been reteaching myself to do certain puzzles that the process for solving vanished from my brain due to lack of practice for several years. I'm happy to report success with most of them including a lovely little variation on push the other pieces in Sand Captivity that I don't remember seeing before.

In fact, I'm looking for some puzzle heavy casuals to brush up on sliders and other puzzles. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Leeana

Re: What is your least favorite puzzle in games? - 03/23/23 04:28 PM

Sliders i just cant its like a Horrible Rubics cube thing ,,,,, PASS
© 2024 GameBoomers Community