GB HOMEPAGE

Two Worlds release date (SPOILERS!!!)

Posted By: oldman

Two Worlds release date (SPOILERS!!!) - 07/14/07 09:08 PM

It looks like it will be longer before this game becomes available. I sure hope it's worth the wait.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?aun=...oduct_id=646862 frown
Posted By: nickie

Re: Two Worlds release date - 07/14/07 11:53 PM

Thanks John. The game is finished, so I'm guessing it might have something to do with a packaging delay. The U.K. release (which includes the collector's edition) is due two weeks after the N.A. version 8/14.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Two Worlds release date - 07/17/07 11:14 AM

Hi,

Well I won't be able to play this one. I send an email to them asking if it would work on Windows 2000 and they told me no.:(

Re: Two Worlds release date - 07/17/07 06:51 PM

Sorry VHL frown . A lot of new games are going to XP/Vista only it seems. But some folks find ways to get around it, so here's hoping you'll be able to play it in the future.
Posted By: Niku'a

Re: Two Worlds release date - 07/19/07 07:17 PM

Hmm, strange. This game has already been released in Europe (mainland) for weeks now. I have seen it several times in shops. I'll see if I can pick up a copy this weekend.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 07/19/07 07:31 PM

That's right, and it got good reviews in Germany. If you do pick it up, I know I'd love to hear what you think of it!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/03/07 06:29 PM

Well, to put it mildly, the game is gorgeous. Stunning visuals, great gameplay, well balanced. I have been playing for a few hours a day during one week. And it feels awesome. You can go however you want, dashing in and attack or the sneaky way or just bombard them with spells or take them out with bows.
The delay for US release is probably because it needed patching, alot of it. they are currently on patch 1.4. This one will be included in the US version released this summer.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/03/07 08:22 PM

Thanks Niku'a for coming back and telling us about it! I've heard it compared to Oblivion - is that the impression you get?
Gamestop shows it shipping 8/21.
Hey Karsten, the collector's edition has the cool metal box you like. laugh
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 11:47 AM

Darn Niku'a...I wish it would work on Windows 2000 but alas it won't. Maybe someone will find a way for it to work for Me....who know.:(

I have read to many threads that XP has issues with a lot of games and as for Vista my computer magazines tell me to not be in a hurry to get it so there you have it.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 12:28 PM

smile Thank you Nickie for telling me about the Collector's Edition having the cool metal box smile Really nice it was smile

Yes, the game have been out in Germany for months, it seems.
However, as I live in Denmark I'm waiting for the UK version of the game to be shipped. I think it will shipped/released on the same day as the US one, August 21st?? [The publisher is German so it is not surprising that the game camoe out first in Germany...].

On the Zuxxex forums, I've seen an international version mentioned?? Does anyone know if this is available in a cool metal box, too, or if the UK version Collector's Edition will have a cool metal box also?? [I could order it from the US, but the tax and the shipping would be ½ the game price - or more...].

XP is very stable today, and should be not having trouble with newer games, built for it, such as Two Worlds. XP plays some older games like Baldur's Gate, Gothic etc. very well. Most games released for the PC seems to have bugs in them, but that's hardly due to WIN XP, but because some developers release the game too soon... XP may have troubles with some older games, but you can always use Dosbox to play them.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 12:38 PM

nickie, I can't say that it does compare to Oblivion, because I haven't played that one. I do know that if you want to get a feel of the game, there will be a demo (1.3 GB) released on August 21.
I am currently level 25 and died a total of 4 times. As long as I don't get surrounded there is no problem. Also when you die you don't have to reload a save, you'll simply resurrect on a nearby marker.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 06:02 PM

Karsten, here is a link for the collector's edition being released in the U.K. - I think a week after the N/A release.

Niku'a, thanks about the demo - I just don't do them because of my dial-up. Instead I like to vicariously see it through your eyes. grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 07:14 PM

Thank you, Nickie. It is nice to know I always can trust the boomers smile to come with answers to my questions. I'll be checking out the demo first, though, I think. Thank you for letting us know about that smile , Niku'a smile Very nice smile

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/04/07 08:42 PM

Great Karsten, let us know what you think. I wasn't going to pay the extra for that metal box, but it sure is something to consider - maybe it could actually keep the game safe from my destructive dogs! puppy lol
Posted By: lindy236

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/05/07 03:38 PM

I saw in this morning paper that K-mart has it for the Xbox 360.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/05/07 04:59 PM

It already has it, Lindy? Thanks for the news for our Xbox folks!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/11/07 06:39 PM

Hi all,
Well I was in Phoenix with some time to kill and stepped into a local Gamestop store. PC Games are now relegated to one tiny rack called Windows games and there is hardly anything worth looking at on the rack. I'm rambling though. Anyway, I saw the Game Guide for Two Worlds sitting on the counter and asked the clerk about the game and he said it was due in their store on 22 Aug. However, the fact that the Game Guide is already out is a hopeful sign that the game might arrive on time.

Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/11/07 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info oldman! thumbsup

Rusty monky
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/14/07 08:50 PM

I have pre-ordered the Royal Edition from Germany...they better not push it forward again. Grr...especially since I have already paid and this is an eBay seller. I hate dealing with PayPal and refunds, should that edition be cancelled altogether.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/17/07 09:29 AM

Grrrr, it has been delayed again.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/17/07 05:53 PM

Drizzt, the N/A release is still showing to be shipping 8/21, and in the UK 8/31. duh

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/18/07 10:24 AM

Really? I got a mail from the place I pre-ordered saying it might be delayed til the 20th of September. Maybe that´s just the special edition. frown

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/18/07 11:30 AM

I think it's really weird because I have an English version of the game and not the German one. It should already be able for purchase in Sweden if I can get it here. And I have seen French versions as well.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/18/07 11:52 AM

I know, even the regular version isn´t released here yet. Which I find quite strange because it has already been released in other parts of Europe. On the other hand, it could also be because it is the 360 version, and not the PC.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/21/07 05:56 PM

I stopped at the local Gamestop today. They told me Two Worlds will be out on Friday the 24th. Why not today? Because Bioshock is being released today and Two Worlds wanted a day all by itself. I reserved a copy and a guide. I hope Friday will be it.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/21/07 06:06 PM

I knew I shouldn't have read this topic all the way through, I just knew it. I can feel another one of those email purchase verifications coming on again.....errrrgggggh....must.....resist.....temptation.....
must....buy.....groceries....must....not.....make...up....
stories...to....girlfriend....why.....I....bought.....so.....
many.......games........this......month.....errrrghhhh!

lol

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/21/07 06:42 PM

The demo is out, though smile It can be downloaded from various sites at a whopping 15-75 kbs/minute.... The fastest download was form insidetwoworlds. com but the installer was corrupt. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day smile

Posted By: Rowan

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/24/07 06:48 PM

Stopped into EBGames today hoping Two Worlds is out. However, I was told that the console version will be out on Monday and the PC version on Tuesday. I was looking forward to playing this weekend.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/24/07 08:00 PM

From looking at the game forum, it apparently is at some stores, sold out already at others, and others are expecting their games next week...

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/24/07 11:27 PM

I got my game and guide at Gamestop today. No trouble installing. You are ask to install some drivers called AGEIA physX v7.05.06 have no idea what they are. You also have to activate the game online or by phone before you can even play the game. There is a code you must enter that is on the back of the manual. They send you an e-mail with a bonuscode that you type in the console and you get a special item. I haven't tried mine so I don't know what the item is. I'm trying to resist playing untill this winter. Right now I'm playing Oblivion again.
The graphics is this game are awesome, you move by using WSAD, look around using the mouse, and the spacebar for action. The left mouse button for combat. I'm sure I will like it. happydance

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/24/07 11:39 PM

Thanks Lindy. You must have iron self control to wait until winter!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 12:02 AM

I picked mine up at Gamestop today. Have installed it and played through the first quest and traded some equipment at my first town.

The gameplay is not as good as Morrowind (but very few are). It's not too hard so far. The inventory is rather small. I ran out of room before I made it to my first trader. I have done a couple of fights and didn't die so, for me, that is a good sign.
Also there is a god mode cheat in case I need it and I usually do.

I guess I'll have to read the manual now and figure how leveling up etc works.

It looks like there will be a lot of gameplay ahead though.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 12:17 AM

I hope you enjoy it Oldman! I suppose you can't get that Tiger for a while...

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 02:31 AM

Yeah Nickie the Tiger is calling me rotfl(I'm really anticipating Sacred 2) but I'll just have to be patient with Two Worlds for a while.

I forgot to mention that this game is pretty much keyboard controlled. You use the mouse to fight and right click for magic and you control the movement of the camera with the mouse. The controls are very similar to those in TR Anniversary.

Also, you don't need the CD in the drive to play the game.

Well now it's back to studying the book. I also bought the Strategy Guide with the game so maybe I'll get it down in a few days. (I'm pretty slow learning new RPG's)

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 03:14 AM

I'm playing, I have NO will power. Oldman, have you found any "magic power-ups" yet. I have found about 3 of them, 2 are for poison damage. When I first picked them up they would "ring" like a bell. You can put them on weapons. Cool. I have the CD in, (habit). I guess I'll give it a try without.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 06:11 AM

lol Well Lindy, you sound like me! That's great that you two are going to play it now - guess that means you'll know the answers when the rest of us get there!
What do magic users do with the power up spells? I knew you could put them on a weapon, but never heard anything else.
Oldman - I'm with you in looking forward to Sacred 2 - Sacred just had that special charm to it.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 08:07 AM

Well Lindy I just found some and didn't know what they were for until I read your post. Used one on my sword. South Peak gives you a bonus for registering. I did and they sent me an email with a bonus code. Used it and got a really powerful sword which has saved me a lot. Before that I was dying all the time.

Now I'm looking for one more magnesite to get my second teleport stone and I've done about 3 more different side quests while looking. If you happen to run into any let me know.

Having fun with the game. Lost track of time and it's already late. Guess I'll call it a night.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 09:18 PM

Oldman, Please give me the cheat for god mode. I have found some cheats, but no god mode. About the inventory, if you look down at the bottom there are arrows that point left and right. Click on the ones on the right side and your inventory moves over and now you have more room. I also found out that when you are looking at the map hit the tab key and you zoom out. Hit it again and you zoom out even more. It's nice to be able to see more of the map. Have you figured out what to do with items that are alike in your inventory, when you pick one up and the other one turns green?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 09:34 PM

Sorry Lindy. I was mistaken about god mode. The cheats I found are here:
http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bltwoworlds.htm
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/914403.html

Thanks for the tip on the inventory. I just hit the hand and the game refuses to load items when my inventory is full. Maybe if I do the thing with the arrows and manually put the items in it will take.

I think what you are talking about on the items turning green is that is the games way of comparing items. If you have a sword equiped and you click on another sword the stats for both swords appear. Also if you click on a usable item then every thing it can be used with turns green.

Still looking for another magnesite crystal. If you find an extra one meet me at Redisnos teleport and we'll have a cup of grogg and talk it over. laugh wave

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 10:03 PM

Thanks for the links. When you have two items that are almost the same and one turns green. You can double up that item, just lay one item on top of the other. You end up with a better item. grin

I only found two magnesite crystal. I now have a mobile teleport. I have the quest to find more, but haven't looked. I sure will let you know. I'm in the town of Tharbakin.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/25/07 11:37 PM

Good to know about the doubling up on items thanx.
thanks
Well I found out what my problem was on inventory. As you get stronger you can carry more. It's not the space it's the weight. Should have remembered that from previous RPG's.

I did the quest for the thieves cave and found the magnesite I need and I now have three teleport stones.

There's also a quest south of Komorin called Troubled Horse Breeder. When you complete his quest he gives you a horse. Riding the horse takes some getting used to but it's really great to travel once you get the hang of riding.

Well it's back to looking for my sister. Maybe I'll see you in the caves. wave

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/26/07 12:44 AM

I just finished the thieves quest and was going to tell you about the magnesite. Good that you already found it. I'm quiting for awhile. I get tried of setting. Catch up with you later. wave

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/28/07 09:33 PM

Just thought I'd add a couple of tidbits.

1st and foremost there is a great game guide on line which solved a couple of my problems already. Did I say it's free? thumbsup

http://guides.gamepressure.com/twoworlds/

Also when you die in this game you are taken to the nearest health place (forget what they're called) brought back to life with full health and mana and don't lose any quests or anything. Cool bravo

You can do combat using sword, magic or both. Although I've found the magic a little weak so far. I guess you can build the magic up but I'm more of a hacker and slasher. There is also something about becoming a Necromancer and I read something about being good or evil but I don't really understand it all yet.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/28/07 10:00 PM

That's fantastic Oldman, thanks! It looks very thorough. Sounds like you are still having fun with the game?
Posted By: Debra

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/28/07 11:24 PM

I started playing Sunday. I died and then I couldn't find my horse which had my heavy selling items> I tried using the H key to whistle for him, but he isn't coming. Anyone experienced death and the loss of your horse yet?
I really like the game so far, but I stink at fighting on horseback so far. They say you can rack up a lot of damage points if you're good at it.
Anyone know of a money cheat yet???
Later.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/29/07 01:37 AM

Hi Debra,

I haven't really stored anything on any horses yet. I've lost two of them and found one again. Once you have 3 teleporter stones the travel is much simpler without the horses in my opinion. I use them once in a while when I can remember where I left them.

As far as money cheats, here is a couple of sites.

http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bltwoworlds.htm
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/code/914403.html

I assume you read my post above about the game guide. It has a great map and an answer to all quests main and side.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/30/07 01:35 AM

Thanks Oldman! I got the teleporter stones and I got my bonus sword that came with the collector's edition. It's way over powered but just right for me smile
I just finished running into Brumhill (?) and getting the Moon Eye finally. I have so many side quests that it's daunting, but I'm getting better at getting around now and with a little extra coin I have a good set of armor. I even bought some extra skills at archery.
Are you still enjoying the game? What level have you reached?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/30/07 02:17 AM

That's a great walkthrough link, Oldman. Thanks.
smile

I just started playing today and still have a lot to figure out. I have so many different ingredients in my inventory but don't know how to use them. All need to be "cooked" but I don't know how to use the alchemy pot in the inventory. Do I need to find a recipe? Also I ran into a ghost. Neither my bow nor sword made a dent in his life line. I ended up just running away. How do you kill a ghost?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/30/07 02:20 AM

Hi Debra,

I'm moving right along. Just had the game crash and I had forgotten to save so I probably lost an hour of gameplay.
(edit) I went back to the game and the autosave had saved just before my crash so I didn't lose anything. Whew!

I'm at level 31 and have gotten a couple of the main quest items. You'll find that you have to complete a lot of the side quests in order to get the main quest done.

This game has gotten my attention. I find that I sit down to play for an hour and 4 hours later I'm still going.

Row I haven't messed with alchemy at all so I can't help you there. I did put a couple of items in the pot once and it cooked them into something but I don't remember what it was and it didn't impress me.

As far as the Ghosts there are stones you can collect that add spirit damage to weapons and I used a couple on my sword. The sword that I got with my bonus worked great on Ghosts. If you didn't or don't want to do the registration to get the bonus you can always cheat. The sites I listed earlier in this thread have all the bonus codes listed.

Have fun and any questions holler.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/30/07 03:57 PM

You will find a trainer for Alchemy so you can put skill points in to make better potions and such. If you kill Reapers take their meat to make healing potions. Put two pieces in the spaces above the pot, if it is the same ingredient it will double up in the same space which is okay. You must have more than one ingredient to make something. Now click on the pot and you will have a potion for healing. You can give your new potion a name and you can save the formula, so next time you can just click on it and it moves the ingredients over click on the pot you have your potion. You can also use minerals to make power-ups which is the main ingredient for these. It must be a permanent-effect mineral,otherwise you will have a trap or bomb. I don't make to many of these because I seem to find plenty. I do make healing potions. Plants also make healing potions. Save your game and just play around to see what you can make.

Trainers in this game are very expensive. They charge 10,000 in gold to teach you a new skill. The one that teaches alchemy said 10,000, but when I asked again he change to 3,000 lol So I don't know what happen there. He also teaches Necromancy.

I'm at level 32. I had one quest that was bugged, but later on it worked. duh

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 01:58 AM

I'm really having fun with this game so far. But how did you get the bonus sword? I got the collector's edition also but my bonus was a shield. It's got a very high parry number on it but I would have preferred a sword.

I came across another ghost. My weapon this time only made little dents into his life and he killed me. When I resurrected he had followed me to the resurrection shrine so I fought him there. His loss of life continued slowly while I kept regenerating because the fight was now brought into the shrine circle. This was kind of cheating but I never did kill him. He disappeared as soon as it became daylight.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 02:22 AM

Rowan, look at the site from gamefaqs that oldman gave. Then just type in the BonusCode. You can get the armor and spear as well. To kill the ghost you need to have a weapon with spirit damage. The spear with the BonusCode is great to kill them with.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 01:24 PM

I think the cheat says you can only have one bonus item per game. Did anyone get them all in their current game?
Also, is there anywhere to buy a horse? The corral area doesn't sell them.
I really like this game, but when I went to game spot to read the reviews I saw very poor ratings from the critics and the gamers. I was surprised.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 07:14 PM

I don't know about in the Collector's Edition, but yes you can type in the codes to get the bonus items.

You don't need to buy a horse. Do the quest for the horse breeder that is south of Komorin. He will give you one for helping him out,also there is a trainer in that same area for archery skills.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 07:23 PM

Thanks Lindy. I was just looking for a horse upgrade. Old Dobbin isn't too great, but I guess you just have to find a horse not buy one.
I'm having a problem with being disarmed and not being able to pick up my weapon again. I thought maybe you had to wait until the fight was over, but that didn't work either and the weapon I'm always disarmed from is one of the bonus code ones.
Anyone have the problem or have any ideas about the solution?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 07:40 PM

Debra, I get knocked down as well. You need to find a trainer to teach you the balance skill (just now have the skill) to keep you on your feet.

Some bandit camps have a horse that you can just take after you kill off the bandits. I don't ride one, I like walking. Last nite I tried to swim and died lol I just I need to put more skill points in it.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 07:43 PM

That disarming thing gets worse as you continue with the game and you have to hunt for your sword to pick it back up. You can find several horses and other animals to ride in various places in the game. I've lost more animals than I can mention.

The thing about only one bonus item means only one shield or one sword etc. You can use the bonus item cheat to get one of everything.

Now the bad news. I'm on my last relic and, in the south part of the map, the enemies are overwhelming. mad There are golems around every corner (almost impossible to kill) along with hoards of orcs and giant insects and others that I can't name hardwall

To make a long story short all I'm doing is running away and looking for my next item. It has become next to impossible and I've died over and over trying to get to an item. I did all the quests for the Necromancer "Flame" and then she didn't appear. I'm very frustrated and am now just cheating my way through so I can get to the end. I've cheated my way up to level 80 and the monsters are still too many to effectively kill. It is nonstop combat and I'm very disappointed in the last part of the game. (End of Vent) sad

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 09:12 PM

So how is the technical aspect of the game play in Two Worlds? Any bugs encountered or design issues? I'm getting very interested in this one...

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 09:41 PM

Oldman, can you pick up your weapon after you're disarmed? That's my problem-it just says my inventory is full even when I'm below the weight limit and won't let me take it back.
Are you playing on easy or normal? I don't know why they would want to ramp it up so at the end. Really takes the fun out of it. Maybe the monsters are geared to your level like Oblivion?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 10:47 PM

Ok, I'll try to clear up some things from the end.

I can't believe you cheated your way up to lvl 80 and you can't finish the game. I've finished the game when I was lvl 63.
Golems and Cyclopses (near end monsters) are vurnerable to Spirit damage. Get a good weapon and add Spirit damage to it. Use the jewels, stones you find on your way and keep adding them. I used a two-handed Katana as a weapon and did in the end approx. 3000 Spirit damage per hit. Also before entering a fight use Blessing (an Air magic spell). It gives you +str and +dex for a period of time. With that I did 15000 to 18000 dam per hit. And don't forget default "9" key uses health potions on hit. Or when too low on heath, open your inventory (this will pauses the game) and use any healing attributes you have, or fight near a Maliel Shrine.

Also invest in Necromancy no matter what type of player you are. Believe me, it will make the game a walk in the park.
Useful spells here are:
Poisoned Blade (adds poison damage to your weapon). Poison kills over time.
Dead hands: Keeps an enemy in place, freezes him for a period of time. If you get attacked by 4 Golems, use it once on every four and they' ll stop moving. Then slash away.
Poisoned Dart: Shoots a poisonous projectile to an enemy. You can find these on evil necromancers near specific places in the world.
And now the ultimate one: Necro Power. This one shoots Death rays from the ground under an enemy. It does tremendous power and heals you with each hit.
You might have found out that when you have multiple same spells, there appears a number on the card. This number is actually the level of the spell. Just drag all the same cards over to your active set and you'll get lvl 3, lvl 20, lvl 50 spells. I got poisoned dart in the end at lvl 115. There are also modifiers (cards that are on a bar underneath your active spells) Use these to add extra levels, more damage, longer lasting or even less mana usage.
Get Alchemy at 10 as fast as possible. Then collect everything with PERMANENT effects. Now make potions that add +Vit, +Dex, +Str, +Will Power and +Protection to your liking. Use more than one ingredient of the same kind. This will add more to your stats than just one. I created once a potion that added + 81 to Strength at once.

For being disarmed: You can put op to 3 weapons in your weapon slot. Use "R" or "T" to cycle them through. Certain skills can disarm only swords, so use different kinds. There is a good chance that this happens when attacked by archers. Kill them first or use spells to deal with them. Freezing or holding spells do the trick and then lure the fighters away. Run and fight one on one can save your life.
Keep a club always in your inventory. Some creatures can only be harmed by blunt weapons or magical effects.

Now a note on some general stuff. During your main quest, you'll visit a certain town that holds a relic. Do all the quests in this town and around first. When talking to the people there, you'll understand.
When you find on your journeys a Senior Necro Staff, do NOT sell it. You'll need one for a quest and during my first run I only found one (near the end of the game).
There is plenty to find if you stray from the path shown. Some quests can get easier this way (destroying a whole settlement of Orcs with a single device is always fun).

The view on Necromancers. The Society (a sort of guild or faction in the game) doesn't like them, it has something to do with religion. It doesn't matter what you do, you can get excellent points with all the groups in the game. And don't worry, you can't solve all quests, sometimes you will have to make choices.
The "Flame" will come out of one of the houses near the end of the settlement after a while, just have patience.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 10:57 PM

Thanks for all the info all.

I'm still a weakling but getting some of those bonus items helps. I finally got my 3 pocket teleporters but I don't know how to use them. When I put one on the ground to step into nothing happens. I just get a hand to pick it back up. How do I activate them?

Also what are those 2 slots in inventory under the main weapon for? I haven't found anything yet that goes into them.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 08/31/07 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Rowan
Thanks for all the info all.

I'm still a weakling but getting some of those bonus items helps. I finally got my 3 pocket teleporters but I don't know how to use them. When I put one on the ground to step into nothing happens. I just get a hand to pick it back up. How do I activate them?

Also what are those 2 slots in inventory under the main weapon for? I haven't found anything yet that goes into them.

Row you just have to move around a little and you'll get the icon to teleport then hit your action key and away you go. It's a little clumsy until you get used to it.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 12:44 AM

Major stuckness! The house in Cathalon where the merchants treasurer is is locked. If I lockpick it, I get caught and then the frame freezes up. Is the house supposed to be locked?? Do I need to wait until dark or something to go in?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 03:18 AM

Debra I had the same problem on this quest. The same building has more than one door and the treasurer is hard to find but there is a door that will open with said treasurer inside.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 08:03 AM

Well, I got the last copy that Best Buy had today, but it isn't the collector's edition. Am I in trouble without the bonus equipment?
Any words of advice for starting out?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 09:45 AM

Nickie all you have to do to get the bonus is register. I may be wrong but I don't think there is any additional bonus with the collector's edition. But maybe someone with the collector's edition will come along and prove me wrong.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 01:54 PM

I have the collector's edition and I got a spear and a shield as bonus items. I haven't registered yet, but just used the cheat codes for bonus items and I have them all.
You're not in trouble if you don't have the special items, but you just take longer to kill the enemies and it's harder.
Add the power up gems you get and find and they really help. Of course, as you go along you can buy really powerful weapons.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 03:29 PM

Thanks Oldman and Debra. I misunderstood about the bonus- that's good!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 03:32 PM

Row, I found out that assigning the teleporter to the hotbar makes it eaiser to drop the stone and use. You do have 3 hotbars to assign stuff to. They are keys F7, F8 and F9.

I too had trouble with the merchants quest. I didn't find the extra door, it just worked itself out for some odd reason.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 03:41 PM

Yay, I got it today (The royal edition). I´m a bit disappointed in the bonus DVD though. It didn´t contain the entire soundtrack; only excerpts. Oh, well. Now let´s see how it handles on my computer.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 04:30 PM

I got bit by the bug as well Nickie, Drizzt! My copy is on the way, just the regular copy not the bonus version. Funny, in the reviews I've been reading about the game the biggest complaint is that it isn't Oblivion lol Why people insist on comparing everything to Oblivion just because of its graphics engine I'll never know. One thing I have noticed both in this forum and other articles are the lack of reported bugs. Most seem to be design issues. That is a nice switch.... grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 04:49 PM

It flows very good, but the voice acting is pretty horrible. At least with English dialogue. I might re-install it with German voice-acing instead and, if possible, english subtitles.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 05:23 PM

I like:
-being able to resurrect without any penalties;
-quivers having limitless arrows;
-bodies not disappearng until after they have been looted;
-having a mini map.

Just some of my early observatinons.:)

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Drizzt
It flows very good, but the voice acting is pretty horrible. At least with English dialogue. I might re-install it with German voice-acing instead and, if possible, english subtitles.

Dang! I knew I should have studied German harder in high school! lol Oh well, thanks for the heads-up on the voice acting since that's one of my pet peeves on other games....

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 09:12 PM

I found an item that looks like a dagger but I can't equip it. Any ideas what this is for? Also, is it possible to spoil a quest if you stumble on the quest solution/item before the quest is actually given?

Thanks oldman about the answer to my telepoter issue. Putting it into the quickslot made the difference. If I drop it on the ground from my inventory it woudn't light up, but if I drop it from the quickslot it works every time.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 10:40 PM

The dagger-like item you found is probably a Sword breaker. I think you need the skill to use it.
The two weapon slots under your main weapon are the 2nd and 3rd weapon slots. Just put another weapon in it.
The second slot under the one for the quiver is used for a dagger (backstabbing). You need to be in Sneak mode to be able to use it.
To activate the teleport from inventory, just double click on it and it will drop where you stand.
And one thing I forget to mention earlier, every time you reach a certain point in your statistics, you receive a Skill point. At 10 successful lockpicks, killing 100 creatures, finding a certain amount of teleporters.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 11:21 PM

Thanks Niku'a for the handy tips!

Drizzt, I guess I'm not hearing as you are, sounds fine to me - when I get sound, that is. At some point the sound cut off.
I like the mini-map too Rowan, very helpful. I'm not far into the game at all, just seeing how everything works at this point - I do see that I'm getting killed way too easy, will have to make some adjustments for sure.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/01/07 11:48 PM

Nickie the first quest you should do in the game, if you haven't already, is the teleporter stone quest. When you complete it you will have three stones to use at will. happydance smile

Also, if you use the bonus code for the sword and the armor you'll find that you do more damage and can take more damage.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 12:39 AM

Well I finally struggled through to the end. After getting the 5th element I was able to survive a little better (with my higher level of course). I liked the game until I started going after the element of fire and then I got tired of dying.

I realize that it was not that difficult for you Niku'a but I am somewhat of a wimp when it comes to combat and when I'm surrounded by orcs and there are several stone golems who kill me with one blow I just can't handle it. No offense intended, there are those who can handle it and then there is me. duh
Posted By: threads

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 10:45 AM

oldman - you have finished the game! Amazon UK have just informed me mine will not be sent until October 17th.

What the heck is happening. Unfortunately we do not have any game shops in this area. Those are miles away and we are unable to phone them direct. hardwall

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 11:39 AM

Wow sorry. There are some from Europe that are playing it now maybe they know of an online store that is shipping now to the UK.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 01:58 PM

Drizzt, I usually don't disagree with you, but I do not have a problem with the voice acting. I like the character's voice. The Cockney accents that some of the soldiers are supposed to have don't cut it, but they are not a big focus for me. I am just looking for information.
I do have a problem with every NPC having two names that are difficult to remember and getting lost in all the clan/guild conflicts.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 04:00 PM

Threads, the game appears to be shipping in the UK on September 7 from game.co.uk (both the regular and the collector's versions). Perhaps amazon.uk will change their date at that time.

Congratulations Oldman on finishing! It isn't a very long game then I guess. What was your overall feeling - is it a game you would recommend? Thanks for the tips!

Debra, you are so right about the names! If they're going to be odd, it would be helpful if there was just one instead of two. Especially confusing if you're standing around a bunch of people and they're moving.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 04:16 PM

The names are confusing but it helps to know that a blue conversation symbol means it's an ordinary person, a green symbol is for a quest giver, and an orange symbol is a trainor. It actually took me a while to figure it out but at least now I don't feel that I have to talk to very single person. Is anyone else having difficulty finding trainers? I would like to know where I could find someone to train alchemy. I want to get rid of the junk in my inventory but at least the ingredient stuff is weightless.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 04:30 PM

Rowan, you can find the trainer for alchemy in Covengor. Most of them are in the bigger towns.

Linda

The blue diamond dialog icon are Skillchangers. They can 'undo' your charcter development. They can return your skill points to you for a fee. There are only two in the game.
Posted By: Milee10

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 04:48 PM

Rowan,

Here is a very good site that has just about everything you need in the way of info. This page link is for location of all the trainers (sorry I don't know how to do the small link thing):

here

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 05:09 PM

Debra,

I don´t know what exactly is wrong with it, but it sounds so...overplayed to me, as if the voice actors really don´t live themselves into it, and I can practically picture them in front of me when they stand there just reading of a paper.

"But-hurry. We-must-not-lose-any-time." (Said in the same monotonous tone)

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 05:17 PM

Thanks Milee, I changed your link. To do it, from the full reply screen, you click on the first box on the left (looks like a little world), and paste the link in the block, mark ok, and then you can put in a short word to describe, again ok, and there you have it.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 05:46 PM

Thanks Nickie! I didn't have a clue. When I clicked on the 'Switch to Full Reply Screen' at the bottom of this 'Quick Reply' box, nothing happened (I never even noticed it was there before). Will clicking on 'Reply' underneath someones post bring up a full reply screen?

Thanks,
Marilyn

P.S. I just answered my own question about clicking on 'Reply'. I experimented blush.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 06:02 PM

It sure will!
Switch to full reply should have brought up the full reply box with all the gadgets and smilies. I forget so many times and just start writing in the box at the bottom of the screen, and it is so helpful now to be able to switch over to full reply without losing any of what was already written.
You can also press the box that says "new reply" that's on the top left.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 07:16 PM

Thanks again Nickie! Clicking on the 'Full Reply Screen' button at the bottom of this box still doesn't work when I do it. Doesn't make sense because everything else works when I click on it. Guess it doesn't matter as long as I can still get a full reply screen other ways.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/02/07 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: nickie

Congratulations Oldman on finishing! It isn't a very long game then I guess. What was your overall feeling - is it a game you would recommend? Thanks for the tips!

No Nickie it was a lot shorter than I expected. I've already made most of my comments about the game previously. Maybe a lot of it was my expectations but I was hoping for more of a Morrowind or Oblivian feel and this game fell far short of that. Overall I thought it was enjoyable although I personally couldn't have finished without the cheats.

Just for kicks here is a picture of my guy near the end.

Not a very good picture but it's the best that I could get out of these game graphics. He had black and red armor.

Guess it will a long wait for my Sacred 2 Tiger. sad rotfl

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 01:00 AM

Oldman, where did you find Myron, the old man's son from Tharbarkin? I have looked everywhere for the guy's name that starts with an H that is supposed to know where he is.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 02:28 AM

That was one of the hardest places to find. The best explanation for it is found Here

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 10:04 AM

I haven´t had time to play much of it yet...how is the character development? Every screenshot I have seen from the game involves a warrior of some kind...is it possible to play some kind of rogue also?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 02:58 PM

I just wiped out Skelden House devil. I now have the Relic frame, which is for the main quest. I have reached level 42, I'm taking a break from playing today and going shopping. grin

wave Linda

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 04:39 PM

Oooh Linda, what are you going to buy? As my third grade teacher would say "Has to be enough for everyone!" lol

Drizzt, not much in the way of character development. The developers obviously wanted the hero to be a certain way. Not just personality, but even looks - I mean, for goodness sake, you can barely change the hair.

Oldman, I hope you and your tiger will be very happy at the beginning of next year! grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 05:11 PM

You can add skills like sneak, pickpocket, trap setting, archery, alchemy and warrior skills to your character, but you can't change the gender or the class which is bounty hunter.

Did everyone who's playing patch their game to the latest patch?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 10:19 PM

I haven't patched it.
Debra is right and explained it better - you can put points in roguish things if you like, as I have made mine a battle mage. You just can't do a lot until you level up some. The story does make sense going with the male bounty hunter though.
I'm just a level 10, but so far I'm liking the game. Plenty to explore.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 10:29 PM

I checked out the 1.5 patch and the info on it indicated that the UK/US versions already had the patch included.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/03/07 10:33 PM

Thanks for the info Oldman!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/04/07 09:14 PM

Thanks for checking that out for me Oldman. I guess that's one less thing to worry about.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 05:34 AM

Does anyone know if Cyclops are vulnerable to anything in particular? I don't seem to make a dent... laugh

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 07:20 AM

Originally Posted By: nickie
Does anyone know if Cyclops are vulnerable to anything in particular? I don't seem to make a dent... laugh

Nickie the book says 2 handed swords/axes. It doesn't mention anything about magic.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 02:10 PM

Nickie, I am still using my bonus sword, bow, and armor. I just peppered him with arrows from afar then hit him with my sword. He killed me but I resurrected and returned a couple of times until he was dead. He doesn't regenerate much between beatings.

I am am level 33 now and am still using my bonus items. I've upgraded them with the magic crystals as I find them. I'm still happy with these items but am wondering if there are better items available later in the game. I've really worked on my bow skills and can drop a wyvern in one shot. I can usually take out an entire pack of wolves before they reach me. I can even delay shots until the creature is close to save me walking to the carcas to pick up the remains. I always enjoy playing with an archer/thief character.

Is anyone storing items somewhere? I've been carying my favorite stuff and selling most new items.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 03:07 PM

Thanks Oldman and Rowan! I finally just summoned a Demon for the cyclops, and he takes care of it in a couple blows. Now that is one scary creature, and glad that he is on my side.

I lost my bonus shield somewhere early on, didn't realize it had been knocked away from me, but I think I have a better one now. There's just so much stuff to be picked up. Now I really don't bother, except for gold or potions. I don't use bow and arrow, but I thought of you Rowan - there seems to be a lot more in the way of enhancing the archer in this game than so many. I think I'm level 16.

Question - I'm getting a bit confused with all the intrigue - are there some quests that it matters if you do them or not, as far as making one group mad at you? Seems like right now I work for everybody and they don't seem to realize or care that I work for their enemies too.

Oh, and second question - is there a purpose later on for these "taint shoots" I pick up in graveyards?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 03:58 PM

Keep the taint shoots. You will need them for a series of quests for a quest giver you haven't found yet. You will need a LOT so don't sell them.

So far the only decision I have had to make was between Karga clan and Skeldon house. You can bring your reputation to 10 for each of them before you decide in order to get the most quests. After the decision your reputation drops to 0 for one of the factions.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 04:03 PM

Thanks Rowan!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 04:20 PM

Hi - just received notification my game is on its way. Know GAME is in Britain but no idea where, so might get it by Saturday.

Wish me luck.

Alice

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 08:36 PM

Sure Alice, good luck! I think it's the best one to come along in some time so hope you like it!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/05/07 08:55 PM

You'll like it, Alice. It's easy to learn. Be sure to get the bonus items after registering.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 12:59 AM

I think I messed up. I killed all the Orcs at the catapult area and I think there's a quest associated with them, but that was a lot of saves back. Does anyone know if it messes up the storyline?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 02:13 AM

I'm not there yet, Debra. I just finished the Forgotten Village quest. It played out quite differently for me than what the link to the gameguide said. Did anyone else have a discrepancy?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Debra
I think I messed up. I killed all the Orcs at the catapult area and I think there's a quest associated with them, but that was a lot of saves back. Does anyone know if it messes up the storyline?

The item you need in the castle which is just north of the catapult area will still be there so you haven't lost anything. Wow, did you kill all the ogres and golems as well?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 03:55 PM

Weeeeell - have the game installed, registered and claimed the bonus code for which I received a sword, I think - I hadn't yet discovered how to open the inventory. It tells me I need to be strength 10 before I can use it.

Where do I discover how high my strength is? Am level 6 although have no idea how I managed that. Am playing the Easy version of the game.

Also may patience is going to be stretched to the limit - thought it was a point and click game. Would not be so bad if every game use the same keyboard commands.

Also - have the speech sound as high as I can get it, my loud speakers on highest volume and wearing my hearing aids and still the voices are too weak for me. Ok when the character dialogue choices come up - is it possible to have the other person's dialogue printed as well? They are speaking much too quickly.

Unfortunately tomorrow is a no-go day for me. Two appointments to keep.

:rollseyes:

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 04:22 PM

If you click on F1, you can see your skill screen, F2 for your inventory, F3 for your magic, F4 for your quest journal, and F5 for your reputation chart. I think you can also hit G and the blocks come up that you can select to view the above from.

As far as sound goes, it apparently is a common problem with some sound cards.There are various technical fixes, but you might try moving your hardware acceleration down a notch - some folks said that helped on the official forum. I have also had sound problems, and finally just gave up hearing it at all. I don't know what you mean about the other person's dialogue not printing out - are you saying that it is not showing up on your screen? Or that it is not being retained anywhere?

Oldman, I agree with you about the game. Ever since I crossed the water to get to the southern part of the map, it hasnt been as much fun.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/06/07 08:37 PM

Alice, to see the dialog go to Settings>Interface tab, then look to see if the "show dialog box is checked. I also have "show hit info" checked as well as "bow & magic auto aiming". It makes life easier.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/07/07 07:22 PM

You can also use the "i" key for inventory, the "m" for magic, "l" for log, "c" for skills, "g" for reputation. You can also use "r" for prev. weapon, "t" for next weapon, "e" to jump, "q" to jump back, "z" to stop horse, "h" to call your horse to you within a reasonable distance and if you want to move more than one item at a time from chest to inventory hold down ctrl key and drag and drop. My all time favorite quick save lt. alt. + F1.

I'm trying to find the Enclave in the South. It is dark and the sky is red, I feel like I'm playing Oblivion.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 01:25 AM

I've run accross a problem that no one has mentioned yet. Every time I speak to a quest giver inside a building in Cathalon my mouse freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-delete my way out of the game and then reload. I haven't had this problem outside or in another town just inside the Cathalon buildings. Does anyone know if this is a known bug? I got the limited edition game which came out in August. However, when I hover my mouse over the game icon it says version 1.4.00 and it was released on June 19th. Is this the same version everyone else has?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 01:50 AM

Row, my game is version 1.5. Maybe you need the patch. I don't have the limited edition and I brought my game in August.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 01:14 PM

Oh dear - I have this problem with every new game - why wont the manuals tell the player how to give potions to his/her character?

Whatever I try they land at my feet ready to be picked up!!!!!

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 02:02 PM

Alice, open your inventory and then drag the potion to your quickbar. Then you can drink your potion automatically by hitting the number that was assigned to it on the quickslot. I have found it useful only for the cure poison potions. It is much easier to have a healing spell in place on the quickbar as it is unlimited and renews itself. It may already be on your quickbar but if it isn't open your spellbook and drag it to a slot then remember its number.

Now I have to look into the 1.5 patch. Could others who have the limited edition check their version number? I was under the impression that all N.A. editions of the game were fully patched. I'm wondering if the limited edition ones were produced first and just held until August to be sold at the same time as the regular game.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 02:46 PM

Rowan, I don't have the limited edition, and mine is is the 1.5, but wanted to let you know that my game froze up and lagged a lot in Cathalon towards a later part in the game (not the first two times I was there) - mainly when I was trying to trade with merchants. I've read that this has happened to other people. I don't know a fix for it yet though.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 03:07 PM

Rowan - thanks for that tip, didn't think of hitting a number key lol The only thing I didn't do.

My game is the limited edition, when installed tried to patch it and was told it already had the 1.5 patch.

Hope this helps.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 09:30 PM

Rowan if you check your folder where the game is installed (default C:/programfiles/Reality Pump/Two Worlds) and put your cursor on the Two Worlds.exe file it should give you the information on the file including the version number. smile

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/08/07 11:25 PM

Thanks, oldman. I did what you said and it says I have the 1.5 version. Now that confuses me because hovering over the shortcut icon says wersion 1.4. Glad I didn't install any new patch though. I'm still getting the freezes in the buildings and that now includes inside building in Qudinar as well as in Cathalon. I hope none of the main quests are with indoor characters otherwise I won't be able to continue the game. So far I've decided not to do any indoor quests and I haven't crossed the river yet.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/09/07 01:11 PM

Rowan, I got the same freeze ups inside buildings in Cathalon too when I tried to talk to the Merchant Guild guy that I had a quest with there. It took a lot of reverting to save games and so forth before it randomly worked.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/12/07 07:58 AM

Well, was without my computer for most of the day yesterday. Hit a wrong button somewhere and froze the screen. Tried everything I could think of but it was impossible to get the start menu to activate. Eventually telephoned my friends at Microtest and Daniel came to the rescue.

Updated all my drivers, including the Motherboard. He got the game going and I learned a lot of things because the lad/man was actually playing Two Worlds on his X-Box. Still waiting for the S.G to arrive but I can explore and improve my stats.

thumbsup

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/12/07 12:22 PM

Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Was the young man surprised to see you playing the same game?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/13/07 01:34 AM

I finished the game at level 60. I had only one real hard monster to fight and he was at the end. I found a way to avoid him and just pelt him with magic.

All in all it was a pretty good game. It made me think of Gothic at times.

Linda

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/13/07 01:49 AM

Congratulations lindy! Did you mainly use magic throughout the game?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/13/07 02:07 AM

Congratulations, lindy. I just crossed the Gon. I've spent a lot of time just exploring caves, etc. I still haven't found 4 saffron plants. This game reminds me a bit of Gothic as well.

Re: Two Worlds release date (SPOILERS!!!) - 09/13/07 02:58 PM

I don´t have time to play. cry

I wish to play this, Gothic 3 and Spellforce 2, but never have enough time to actually sit down with them. I should have spent more time indoors during the summer. grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/13/07 05:37 PM

Hi nickie

I mostly used the spear that I got as a bonus item. I added lots of fire power-ups to it. I used magic on the achers, they were hard to catch to hit with a weapon.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/14/07 08:15 PM

I have a question. One of the quests at the beginning of the game was from a Mage to collect enough mineral for him to make me a couple Teleporters that I could carry with me. He made me the first Teleporter and I went on my way to do other things and then collected more of the mineral in my travels then was needed for the second Teleporter. When I finely got back to him to finish the quest he said he would make me the second Teleporter and in fact would make me two more instead of one. Now I have 3 instead of 2.

Problem is that I can't find a way to get them to work. All I get is a hand icon for picking them back up again. I dropped one of them on the ground and expected to be able to teleporte to any of the normal Teleporters I had activated in my travels. This didn't work so I thought maybe the Teleporter stones were only meant to interact with each other, so I dropped another one to test it out and still nothing except the 'pick-up' icon would appear.

Am I doing something wrong, or could the presence of a 3rd Teleporter stone (if I was never meant to have a 3rd one) somehow 'break' the functionality?? I have to say that I haven't tried dropping all 3 Teleporters instead of just 2. It's a function I can live without considering the number of regular Teleporters dotting the country side, but a few times it would have been handy.

This is just a comment, but I'm not crazy about the SG that was made for the game. The manual isn't to hot either. Even with my new glasses I have to use a magnifying glass not to strain. Most of the time I need details on something that neither have or I just can't find without a lot of searching. I hate the in-game large map because it can't be zoomed out to show the entire game world. Having to drag the stupid thing in all directions to see where your going or to get a bearing on a quest marker that you HOPE is out there somewhere just makes me dizzy and does no good at all. It may just be me, but as far as directions go and trying to get from point A to point B in a clear manner that's easy to see and follow, this game is one of the worst. As it is, I've got all these different quests and I don't know what goes where. I just wander around and hope that I run into the right person or place by accident to finish any given quest. A couple of times the game has told me that the quest was completed and I didn't know I had it to begin with or had completely forgotten what the quest was even about because it happened to long ago (memory is not one of my strong points). The log book isn't any help unless you remember the 'Name' of the quest and location of the original quest giver before being able to find out the details so as to refresh your memory mad. I know about clicking on a quest in the log book and how it will zero the map in on a location, but that works in the reverse order from what I need.

Okay, that's my moan for the day sick.

Marilyn grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/14/07 08:48 PM

Hi Milee, sorry you're having problems. Regarding the personal transports, a page in this thread earlier mentioned some folks were having the identical problem. I believe they made it easier for themselves by putting it into the boxes at the bottom of the screen, and then using the hotkey for that box. For me, I just doubleclicked to get the transport out there, and then hit the space bar, which activated the teleport map.
Ok, regarding the map, you CAN zoom out to show it in its entirety. I did with the scroll wheel. Problem is, if you click the quest info on the right to get a certain area on the map, it doesn't scroll out from that view. Click on something more general, and then you should be able to zoom out (I'm sure I'm not explaining it well, but the map just seems to lock when you have clicked on the specific quest on the right).
But I do agree that the quest log is pretty confusing. Sometimes the game will tell you that you completed a quest, when part of the quest was just finding the certain place.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/14/07 08:52 PM

Marilyn, I had the same problem with the teleporters until oldman told me to drag the teleporters to the quickbar. After that you just hit the corresponding keyboard number to use. When you're done using the teleporter step a short distance away and you get the hand icon to take it with you. Most of the time you need only one teleporter. I have on rare ocasions used two but I haven't used all three at once. Since they are weightless I don't worry about it.

Some quest destinations and quest givers show up as shiny dots on your map but not all of them.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/15/07 01:32 AM

Thank you Nickie and Rowan! I never thought about using the quickbar. If this isn't a bug, I wonder why the manual didn't explain things better?

As for being able to zoom the large map out...I don't have a scroll wheel (middle mouse button). I have a marble mouse. When I checked the keyboard settings, the only thing it had listed for the middle mouse button was 'Next Commands Panel' which meant nothing to me. I had thought that I had read something, somewhere about the middle MB being used for zooming the larger map, but do you think I could find it again anywhere...NO! So I thought my mind was playing tricks on me and after seeing nothing about zooming (except keys for zooming your char in and out) when checking the keyboard commands, I was sure I was (further) off my rocker. Didn't think I could remap something that wasn't there to begin with.

Yes, I know about the shiny dots...they're out there somewhere, I just can't see them from where I'm standing hardwall.

I'll give the teleporters another try and see how it goes. Thanks again guys praise.

Marilyn crazy

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/15/07 03:22 AM

Milee the default for the zoom is the tab key. Just keep pressing it and it will keep zooming. lol

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/15/07 03:54 PM

Oldman...I OWE YOU thanks!!! Life will be so much easier now. I never used the Tab key because the command just said 'Fast zoom in'... so what in the world would I need that for...I'm not THAT blind yet lol.

Marilyn thumbsup

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/15/07 07:59 PM

No Problem smile

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/15/07 11:04 PM

Marilyn, you should also be able to "grab" the map and move its screen to show locations that are off screen from where you might be. Just right click and hold onto the centre of the map and move the map around.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/16/07 10:58 AM

I know the main quest in Two Worlds involves boy and girl twins BUT have you noticed how may NPCs are twins, triplets, quadruplets and there might possibly be quins? lol Somebody ran out of ideas for creating NPCs. I meet the same characters with different names all over the place.

chugging along slowly, very slowly although I'm getting good with my bow

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/16/07 04:29 PM

Hi Rowan,

Yes, I already know about moving the map around. Problem was that nine times out of ten it just got me lost when I was trying to find that elusive 'dot' marker and I couldn't even find my way back to my own char confused. That's before Oldman told me about the Tab key....I'm such a dunce oops. I didn't even know that the Inventory could be expanded by clicking on the arrows beneath it (thought they were for decoration) until Alice told me. I really am a twit!

Thanks for being out there. Seems I need more help then I thought lol.

Marilyn grin

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/16/07 05:58 PM

You can also use the mouse wheel to move the inventory side to side instead of the arrows. I also found out that you can use the wheel to zoom in and out on the map. When you open your log to see quests that you haven't completed just click on the quest and the map will move to the dot where you need to go. Also hover the mouse cursor over the dots and it will tell what quest it is. At the bottom you will see two arrows that say surface and underground, click on underground and a different map comes up with dots that are for quest that are in caves, again move the cursor over the dots to see what quest they are.

Linda

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/16/07 08:45 PM

Hi Linda,

I didn't know that you could move the Inventory side to side without clicking on the arrows, but think I still have to use the arrows because I don't have a middle mouse button...I have a marble mouse. That's why I couldn't zoom the big map until Oldman told me about the Tab key. Clicking on the quest in the log book just zoomed me to the location, but at that close-up angle I still didn't know where it was without being able to see my own location at the same time. Now I can, praise be! Thank you Linda.

Marilyn

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/16/07 09:38 PM

Where is everyone now? How many are great horsemen? I've got a boney horse at one of the black towers. Everytime I get a horse or lizard I take it back to the village I first started the game in. Then I teleport near where I want to go. I've got a pretty good herd now :}
I wonder why you can't be on your horse when you use the teleporter? That would make having and using my horses more agreeable.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/17/07 01:29 AM

I'm wandering around south of the Gon. Since I've crossed I am more confused and have lost track of my quests. I'm not really sure where to go first. I don't want to end up doing something out of sequence or getting in over my head.

I haven't used any horses. Tried it once near the beginnig of the game but the horse had a lousy sense of direction so I left it.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/18/07 01:59 AM

How do you evaluate the quality of a weapon? By its damage? Skill attachment? Or price?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/18/07 05:32 PM

I went by the damage it caused and any magic it might have. If it has good damage you can add the power-ups to it. The best weapon for me was a spear with fire. As my strength and some skills(critical hit, deadly pirouette, stone skin-I didn't use a shield)leveled up my weapon became better.

Linda

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/21/07 06:17 PM

I just finished the game.

Did anyone ever get into Yamalin (at the top of the map)? I tried earlier in the game but couldn't because of the steep mountains all around. Nor were there any quests that led there. It's strange that such a big town was never used in the game.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/21/07 07:08 PM

Congrats Rowan! What did you think of it?

I couldn't do much with the top of the map either. Maybe it's going to be used for their next game.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/21/07 11:33 PM

Congrats Rowan broccoli
I didn't make it up there, in fact I forgot about it. I did go North where the glacier Orcs were camped. My hero kept complaining that he was freezing his toes off. rotfl
There were some caves that I didn't go into because I thought maybe they were quests. At the end of the game I didn't go back. Maybe next time.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/22/07 01:02 AM

For the most part I liked the game, specially the quests north of the Gon. There the quests from any one village would overlap into other villages and this forced you to explore and become familiar with the region. However, south of the Gon a few quests restricted you to local areas. I almost missed the desert because it wasn't part of the main quest. There was too much loot. It became a giant shopping expedition. The end was too easy. I was an archer and was able to kill the end boss from a distance with a few arrows.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/22/07 11:01 AM

Rowan can you help on this problem, please. Am not very far into the game really. Am needing to go the the eastern excavations to find someone called Moon (I think) to pick up the coin forging machine. Dashed if I can find the excavations - is there something which will trigger off that quest? Have wandered around and around Tharbakin and the only thing I've picked up is the man who wants to know what has happened to his son at the excavations.

Would appreciate a little help here.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/22/07 04:14 PM

The excavations are east on the main road from Tharbarkin and south of the Hilltop teleport. Is that any help? The area isn't showing on your map?

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/22/07 04:20 PM

Alice, do you have a paper map? The excavations are outside Tharbakin to the east. If you follow the first road east of Tharbakin (the same road the teleporter is on), past a cave (where you will get another quest), turn left at the next fork, then left at the next fork after that. Then you should be at the excavations. It's shorter than my big run-on sentence.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/22/07 08:35 PM

There's also a really good map here

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/23/07 11:21 AM

Many thanks Rowan and oldman. I'll have another shot later today.

oldman, I have that map - it is part of gamepressure's Game Guide.

The silly maps in the S.G are no help at all.

Wish me luck. Am always wishing real life would allow me more time to play the game. lol

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/25/07 10:46 AM

Yesterday I actually had a while to load the game. Found the excavations and completed the quests there, including the wolves, although I can't get much out of Sano Moon.

So am wandering around Tharbaken wondering how to gain a point with Giriza. Without his support I can't get into the Gorelin. Really cannot think of anything else to do except breakup the Goms Siege.

Hope I'm thinking along the corrct lines.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/25/07 02:46 PM

If you take the road south of Tharbaken a short distance you will find an inn at the right hand side. You can pick up a Giriza quest there.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/26/07 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: threads
Yesterday I actually had a while to load the game. Found the excavations and completed the quests there, including the wolves, although I can't get much out of Sano Moon.

So am wandering around Tharbaken wondering how to gain a point with Giriza. Without his support I can't get into the Gorelin. Really cannot think of anything else to do except breakup the Goms Siege.

Hope I'm thinking along the corrct lines.

If you haven't found them already here are some of the quests that give you Giriza reputation.

A Paid Murder (outpost)
Work Withheld (Tharbakin Crossroads)
Safe Neighborhood (Excavations)

You, of course, can find them in the on line game guide.

I think you only need a reputation of two with Kiriza to get into Gorelin.

I decided that I didn't want the Golems to get the best of me and am replaying the game. I finally learned how to defeat the suckers and am now hunting them down.

Summoning spells with three powerful monsters of my own + a wall of fire to keep them away from me works wonders. Then I just stand back and pick them off with my bow.

So come on Golems I'm ready for you now. mad devil

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/26/07 08:01 AM

Rowan and oldman - I have done all that and still have not received and points to get me into Gorilen.

At the moment am knocking the Groms to pieces, when I can find them.

Back to the drawing board.
Alice

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/26/07 07:36 PM

Strange Alice. If you hit "i" on your keyboard it will open up all your options. On the right is the icon with a face that shows you your reputation and statistic. If you got credit for those quests then you should have some reputation points with the Kiriza.

You can also check your quests and see if the game has them listed as done.

Another thought. Are you trying to go through the gates and seeing a Red open icon? You won't be able to enter until you've talked to the guard and he says it's OK.

Other than that I am stumped.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/28/07 11:04 PM

I climbed up to Yamalin, but the dwarves attacked me and I killed them. When I went into the cave it was locked and so far I have not found the key. I could finish the game but I'm trying to do everything.
Does anyone know if there's a way to teleport while on your horse??

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/28/07 11:47 PM

Unfortunately you can't teleport with your horse. I'm not sure what cave you mean but there's a quest for the mine from a person in the town just below the mine. That will probably open up the mine for you.

If so, you can find the details here

Since you're trying to do everything, there's an island called Mystery Island in the SE corner of the map just below Water Claw Tower that is well worth the visit. You have to be prepared to kill about a dozen Golems but the rewards are great. I leveled up and got about 20 or so power ups for my equipment.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/29/07 04:10 PM

On my way Old Man! Whoo hoo!! Golems here I come.
BTW, I meant mine not cave. I wil check that out. I wonder why they won't let you teleport with your horse since he/she is your storage trunk for the game. The horse also won't go into the gated towns and villages a lot of the time. Sometimes I can whistle them in and sometimes not.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/30/07 10:24 AM

Hi - at last I appear to be on my way (I think) Am in the Karga camp looking for the Treasure Room - well I was when I closed down last evening lol

Wonder if you can suggest anything concerning a Dwarven Relic I've been carrying around since forever. It hasn't a price so is obviously a quest item - still haven't otained a quest to go with it.

Also, in Thargen there is a mage who wanted me to find a staff for him. It so happened I had already got it in my inventory so, to his delight, gave it to him. Have recently met him in the same place and is asking for it again - have no idea which staff it was as I have already given it him. If it stayed in my inventory then have probably sold it by now.

Now to go and look for the treasure room.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/30/07 01:02 PM

I think it's a bug. I completed a quest for one of the relics and it remained unsolved in my journal, but the game acted like I had completed it. Look it your journal and see if it is showing that it's completed.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/30/07 03:44 PM

Debra - there is nothing concerning a relic in my journal.

I am in the N.E now and one of the cowardly Border Guards handed me the key to enter the dwarven 'vortex'. He is hoping I will find his missing brother. Am now in a strange village which has been destroyed by magic - no idea what I'm supposed to do there but my grasping hand is now plcking up something called 'Patana' - something similar to that anyway. Am looting the few houses I can enter. Fortunately I found a trader in the second Border Post so can now pick up some goodies.

Re: Two Worlds release date - 09/30/07 05:39 PM

Debra,

I was wondering which part of the relic remained unsolved in your journal? For me it was the Fire Element Stone. The Earth and Water Stones showed as solved in my journal. I only have the Air Element left to get.

Marilyn grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community