GB HOMEPAGE

The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably)

Posted By: nickie

The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/24/07 10:51 PM

Wow, I didn't mean to end conversation, just lock the thread because it was getting so big it was hard to load. Please come back. rotfl
Posted By: Milee10

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 01:02 AM

It was a good idea Nickie. The thread started as one thing and ended up as something else. Misleading for anyone new looking for help....my how we can rattle on rotfl.
Posted By: Rowan

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 02:33 AM

Just collecting new quests near the beginning of ch. 3. Don't know where to start.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 03:46 AM

Hi smile

I am a good way through Chapter Two now, I reckon, but ....

Click to reveal..
I still haven't managed to find the Lost Little Boy anywhere. [Thought he might have been in the cave in the Southern Swamps - but didn't see him there - and been practically everywhere in The Swamps now) woozy

And still haven't found the remaining two "things" (can't remember the name of them" that I need to activate the Swamp Obelisks.

Terrific game so far and definitely starting to earn a place up there with some of my favourites .... Baldur's Gate, Divine Divinity, Neverwinter Nights, KotOR, etc etc yes

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 05:27 AM

I've found and activated all the obelisks, but one. I want to get into the cemetary, but I have to get a pass from either the main city guard guy or prove Thaler innocent. Right now I heading to Shani's for what sounds like an interesting night of drinking!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 06:44 AM

Hi smile

I was in the cemetery yesterday - lovely place !! eek lol

Haven't had chance to play anything today, however, so I must try and make up for that tomorrow grin

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: hawkavonpuka

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 10:19 AM

I am more behind than I ever was, I started the game over and deleted all my old saves, I was only at the lab anyway. So now I am running about in the tutorial, just trying to get a better feel of the game. I was planning to sit and play all day, but my daughter wanted me to come and shop with her and we didn't get home until 8pm. Probably will continue the shopping tomorrow, only in the other direction where the only mall on the island is. At least I will have all these threads to look at when I need help, keep posting, all of you.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 06:08 PM

OK. Have I played myself into a corner? I can't seem to get any further.

I can't get the cemetary quest because I can't get either Thaler or Meis to give me a pass.

I can't finish the Shani "party" because I seem to have already taken Granny's diary and probably sold it. The antiquarian doesn't have it.

I can't finish the Tower quest because I can't get Raymond to give me the final "thingie" to activate the obelisk in the Druid's grove. During the autopsy I picked the "Kalkstein is guilty" dialogue.

Help!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 07:22 PM

Try talking to the gravedigger to get a key for the cemetery. He will ask for something first. Granny's diary is in your quest items so I don't think you sold it. Scroll through the quest items to give it. Can't help with the Raymond/Kalkstein problem because I chose not guilty. There should be an alternative for you. I don't think the game would have given you a choice unless there was another way to complete the quest.
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
OK.
I can't finish the Shani "party" because I seem to have already taken Granny's diary and probably sold it. The antiquarian doesn't have it.

I can't finish the Tower quest because I can't get Raymond to give me the final "thingie" to activate the obelisk in the Druid's grove. During the autopsy I picked the "Kalkstein is guilty" dialogue.

Help!

You don't have to finish the Shani Party quest. The only thing you gain is a good time with Shani. Just meditate and go on with other quests.

To get the final rune for the Mysterious Tower quest just follow
all the quests until you can talk to Raymond and get an option to kill Rumsmeat. Once you kill Rumsmeat, Raymond give you the rune.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/25/07 10:28 PM

You can also choose not to kill Ramsmeat. Just lie and say you killed him.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 12:35 AM

Thanks, Rowan and oldman. I think it comes from being in the game for over four hours last night, but I totally missed the diary which was in my quest items! DUH! So I finished the Shani party, got the info for Thaler to forgive the gravediggers debt and finished the chapter. I like Ramsmeat and didn't kill him, just said I did. Fun, fun, fun!!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 11:50 AM

Hi smile

I need some help please ....

First .... Do I have to have achieved something in particular before I am able to make oils for my weapons during meditation ?? woozy
I've just started chapter three and I can still only make potions which I know is NOT going to be good enough eek

Second .... I'm pretty broke lol
Does anyone know the quickest way I can make some money as I start this chapter ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 12:30 PM

You have to get enough talents to up your stats to be able to made oils. I can't remember which one it was, but I think it was under intelligence.

I think I started Chapter 3 with about 2,000 orens. I don't know of any "quick" way to make money. I completed all of the quests I took in Chapter 2 and got paid for most of them plus I sold all of my Drowner tongues and brains for quite a bit of money. I think I had about 200 of them! You can kill all of them in the swamps your heart desires! Plus I play a lot of poker and - most of the time anyway! - win at least 100 to 200 orens when I'm playing with the dwarf in the Hairy Bear Inn.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 04:14 PM

The surest way to make money is to play poker and always choose the highest stakes. I'm a lousy player and lose more than winning, but I've learned to save first and reload when I lose. redface You didn't hear that from me.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Rowan
The surest way to make money is to play poker and always choose the highest stakes. I'm a lousy player and lose more than winning, but I've learned to save first and reload when I lose. redface You didn't hear that from me.

I'm always looking for that past save in my real life.... lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/26/07 09:56 PM

Hi smile

"I've learned to save first and reload when I lose."

Oh, I've been doing that with the poker since my first go !! I just haven't played very often lol

The problem, till my extra memory arrives, is the time taken up by the saving and re-loading. It gets very tedious when every change of scene and every save and every load takes so absolutely long.
I could have battled half the monsters in the swamp just in the waiting times whistle

[I had gained several "silver" points by the end of chapter two and so was hoping I might also have gained the ability to make oils. But no !! slapforehead]

Maybe I better get out there and fight more for the experience points - rather than just mainly for particular quests grin

Keep Witchin' !!!! bravo

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 01:50 AM

Mad, you can make oils already with the copper (bronze?) talents. It is under Intelligence the last slot in the second row. I know exactly how you feel about those load times. It's so frustrating. If it wasn't such a great game otherwise I would have quit ages ago.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 02:43 AM

Yes, it was bronze talents and I thought it was intelligence. I am so lucky to not have the horrid load and save times. At 20 - 40 seconds it's annoying enough.

I sure hope the extra RAM helps, Mad. I still think there's more going one here though considering your other issues which have me completely stumped. I hope you post your question at The Witcher forum. They've been very helpful to a lot of people.
Posted By: Debra

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 03:29 AM

I just got the game today and I can't quit playing. Magnificent!!
I've had a couple of screens go to black, but I used End It All and closed my virus program down and it has done very well.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 01:34 PM

Oooo...!! Another player totally sucked in! If only I didn't have those pesky household chores and job to interrupt my playing time.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 08:30 PM

We're about to head to the Bahamas on our sailboat, so that will really cut into my playing time. I hope I can find a place to download that 2nd patch on the 'puter when I can play.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/27/07 09:47 PM

Hi smile

"It is under Intelligence the last slot in the second row."

Oh, no !! Rowan. I've been allocating my bronze points gradually to all categories and haven't yet got to the end of ANY rows duh

Guess where I'm going with my next lot rotfl

As for going to "The Witcher" forum .... Maybe .... After I've seen what improvements (I hope) getting extra memory fitted might bring think

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/28/07 06:56 AM

Wow Debra, have a great time!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/28/07 07:19 AM

I have my Oahu daughter and her whole family, husband included (amazing) so I won't be doing anything for a couple of days. The stuff is going on for the weekend. I wonder if I will ever be able to just play. Sigh!!!!!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/28/07 01:46 PM

Thanks Nickie! We're going to try our best to do just that.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/28/07 05:41 PM

Hi smile

My extra memory has been fitted !!!!!!!! bravo bravo bravo

I had to go out right afterwards and have been SO busy since I got back - but later tonight - Bwahahaha - I'll pour a glass of nice wine and (hopefully) get set for a Witcher session without all the 5 minute delays happydance happydance happydance

Wish me luck whistle

Cheers.

Mad broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/28/07 07:57 PM

That's great Mad! Sure hope it runs like a top now.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 01:09 AM

Oh, Mad, I'm crossing fingers, thumbs and toes that this helps. Can't wait to hear!

I've just gotten home after a 13 hour day at work, have poured myself a beautiful glass of pinot grigio and am going back in myself!
Posted By: looney

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 04:28 AM

Hey Drac...I have my cabernet in hand! grin

I just can't quit playing, I wanted to...chapter 3 is full of little glitches for me...Geralt suddenly will not move on occasion...well, maybe a step or two backwards! But then he will stay. And once in awile he gets into a good fight and suddenly he'll be still, the enemy will swing but not hit, and I listen to sound effects and hear that Geralt is winning. It's hilarious to see this and then all of a sudden all enemies just drop dead! laugh I put up with these glitches...and more...cuz this is one awesome game!!!

I'm still in Chapter 3, and I've found some pretty heavy decisions needed made! ALready I can tell that I'm going to replay this game, with all new decisions just to see what happens.

I do have a question! It seems that I spend alot of time deciding what item to drop to be able to pick up something else. How do you handle the inventory? I hate to store items that I may be able to use in a potion or bomb.
My kingdom for a bigger inventory! lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 07:18 AM

That is bizarre - but at least it's the enemies dropping down and not Geralt!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 01:09 PM

I've been having a few issues in Chapter 3, though nothing to the degree you are. Just a bit of jerkiness and hesitation every now and then. It crashed to desktop on me once which has not happened in over 20 hours of gameplay. However, I suspect I may have forgotten to turn off something before I started playing.

The inventory drives me nuts too. I know I'm dropping stuff that at the very least I can sell. I usually drop celandine or hellebore because I know I will always find more. I think I'm going to store my bomb making materials because they come later in the game. I'm saving up my orens to buy that better "armor." I've had to make some pretty hard decisions too. One really racked my brain. I finally reasoned it out and went for it. I had to laugh at myself because I was dreading the consequences!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 03:27 PM

Hi smile

Just a news flash - well two, actually lol

The first is that the extra memory has worked miracles !! bravo bravo
In fact I now feel like running in and out of houses purely for the sake of it !! rotfl

And the second is that I need to find more "monster" info ....
I am searching for books or whatever else that will help because in the swamps a new thing has appeared that kills me in no time flat scared
[I think it might be called a "something worker" woozy

Great Game !!

Cheers.

Mad yay

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 04:16 PM

YAY Mad! I know just how you feel, once I got my computer fixed up with hard drive, it was zip zip zip!!
Those are the kikimore workers. Vicious aren't they? Wait till you see the kikimore warriors! eek The royal wyvern nest is what's kicking my behind today.

I spent a great deal of time in the swamp, collecting everything I could sell to afford the books for more knowledge. Those books ain't cheap huh?

So Drac, no bombing yet? I've just made my first, King and Queen. What I really want to get made is Dragon's Dream! devil

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 04:17 PM

I'm so glad it's working better for you Mad! bravo This game is really straining many computers, isn't it?
I haven't played it yet, so can't help on the monsters, but I thought those were mentioned in the other thread maybe.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 04:54 PM

I did the quest in ch. 3 where I rid monsters out of granny's house for one of the nurses. My logbook says to go back to the nurse to collect my reward and my map marker flashes at the hospital. However, I've been back both during the day and during the night but no nurse. think Does anyone have a suggestion about what I'm missing?

I think some of the fighting moves are truly awesome especially when you click when the sword flames. I think when you stand motionless for a time it means your enemy stunned you. I find what helps is to take a step back as soon as you are able then click on the enemy again and resume fighting. That initial step backwards seems to reset the fight and helps you gain back control. I sure miss having a bow. If I can pat myself on the back I usually become an awesome archer in other games.

I'm off for a vacation with relatives in Luxembourg in a few days. I hope I remember the story line when I get back. Many of you will probably be finished by then.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 05:03 PM

Hope you have an awesome time on your trip Rowan! Are there any christmas markets nearby?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 07:43 PM

I just read on Gamebanshee that the 1.2 patch will be out around Dec. 7. There are also rumors of either a sequel or an expansion.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/29/07 09:20 PM

Mad, that is the best news ever! So what does this bring your RAM up to?

I haven't gotten that quest yet for the monsters in grannie's house, but I have the same thing with the guy who you first talk to in Chapter 2. He has you go down into the sewers to get some family heirlooms. I got them and sold everything except the family ring, but he has never returned to the sewer entrance no matter what time I go there.

And a patch PLUS a sequel or expansion?? I'll be in heaven!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 12:07 AM

Hi all! I was reading some interesting info in the Witcher forum about the next patch. I'll paste the questions and answers given by the 'PR Assistant for Projekt RED':

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Link006 on November 09, 2007, 08:56:42 pm
Besides the auto-save removal and optimization of load times, what other stuff are you working on?

Many smaller issues, we are also thinking on improving sword sheathing during fights, as well as on some improvements in the inventory. We are also doing compatibility tests for some uncanny computer specs.

Quote from: sd1612 on November 11, 2007, 05:41:54 pm
will 1.2 be compatible with current game status? Or is it recommended to start it from scratch?

Some changes in the next patch may take effect only after starting from scratch, I'm afraid.

Quote from: bhagavate on November 11, 2007, 07:54:54 pm
can you add CG main menu option (view complete game movies/art(pictures after main game decisions, collected cards etc ) in next patch? i really want to see again some movies (good ending karmen and vincent story for example) at any time and to see overall progress (how many remain endings/cards/middle_endings, etc)

That's a nice idea, we will think about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering about even trying to go further in the game if parts of the patch won't work unless you start completely over with a new game. Problem is, we don't know at this point what changes are going to require it. Best guess from what I was reading is that it'll probably come down to the individual player and whether or not the type of change is going to matter enough for you to want to start over.

Guess we'll find out when the time comes. I'm not so far along myself that it would matter if I started a new game. I'm so sick of crashing in the load screens, but I love the game and keep at it anyway. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the patch will clear up this one big headache smashpc!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 01:59 AM

Well, I'm at a loss. I'm at an impasse. I'm at my wits end. I'm I'm I'm...
hardwall

And I'm taking a poll...who all hears me screaming?

Has anyone gotten thru chapter 3? I'm a bit stuck at the cave:

(don't read this if you haven't gotten to the Salamandra Base (not the camps)

Click to reveal..
The kikimores are just brutal! I've blown up the first set of supports and the queen gets thru. When I run, I get bottlenecked by the hoards, and several times I've gotten thru by jumping and running, only to have no way out and I get trapped in a dead end with the whole kikimore gang.

Any advice and/or offers to play it thru for me will be welcome! pacify

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 02:45 AM

Sorry, Looney I'm only in chapter two. Two things I wish they'd change 1) inventory space and 2) fast travel.
Has anyone been able to buy that 5K armor without cheating? Everything I have to sell is just penny-anny stuff.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 03:39 AM

Hoo, boy. I'm not that far into Chapter 3 yet. I read that the queen kikimore is nearly impossible to kill even with the insectivore oil. Looks like you're on your own for now!

Milee, I'm not sure that's good news or bad news! I think I am way too far into my current game to start over. But there is no question that I will be playing again as soon as I get through this one, so maybe I'll use the new patch then.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 04:01 AM

Hi smile

Not super good news about the patch !!
I was hoping to use it when it becomes available but I don't know that I want to start the game over after reaching chapter 3 frown

Draclvr .... My machine shows 2048MB RAM .... and going in and out of properties etc is now hassle free bravo
Loading and saving still takes quite a while but not AS long - as does moving from one whole area to another - but I am much, much happier with how the game runs happydance

[Yes, Nickie, this game is certainly testing machines !! I personally don't feel the minimum required specs quoted are honestly accurate shame]

Having a tough time of it in The Swamps at the moment and I am getting broke .... again !! eek
And, Looney, if you find out how to deal with those Kikimore "so & so's", please let us know - and loudly lol !!

EDIT :
Just seen the bit about insectivore oil happydance

Enjoy your trip, Rowan yes

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 05:09 AM

oh you bad bad kids! You peeked at the spoiler!! rotfl

So, what I've done is this, I loaded an earlier save, back in the village, and I'm diddledaddling around with some of the not important side quests! No reason, I just hate to give up on playing! lol Besides, it was quite fun to use the word diddledaddling! laugh

I guess I'll just hang out till one of you gets thru it, and finds it so darn fun that you want to do mine for me! happydance

Oh and on the glitch side, wow is the Trade Quarter messy for me! Freezes galore! And funny thing, it's not in the sewers or the swamp or the Temple Quarter, just the Trade Quarter. Anyone else notice this?

Man, I sure am frown to be at such a stand still...I'll just live vicariously thru you all! wink lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 05:24 AM

That's what I was wondering, Mad. I can't imagine running this game with less than 2 GB of RAM.

YES for me too in the trade quarter. Nothing like you are having, but hesitations when I come out of the Inn and a few other places. But the Trade quarter is the only place. I'm hoping to get some serious playing time in late Saturday night.

I was hoping you would get through the Queen and do it for the rest of us!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 05:31 AM

Queen schmeen, I'm going to the tavern to drink with Dandelion! lol

I guess I'll try attacking again tomorrw. I did happen to see that if your really up on your aard skill, it's a great help! Hmmm... think

Posted By: threads

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 12:28 PM

Am I correct thinking, from reading the Thread, Rowan is away?

e-mailed her a few moments ago to ask advice with regard to deleting 'saved games'. Real life has been a nuisance for the last few weeks and on the odd accasions the game is loaded, find myself loading a saved game from way back.

Have so many saved games that it will take weeks to delete all not wanted again so wonder if it might be much easier and quicker to delete them from the game folder - or are there snags of which I am unaware?

Please can anyone advise me?

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 12:44 PM

Alice, you can delete them from the "load" screen one at a time. But I just found a really quick way to delete a bunch of them all at once. Click on Start, Click on Search and then do a search for The Witcher. It came up with a list of all the saved games which are located in My Documents on my system. The other Witcher stuff is there too, but the game saves are all named. I was able to go down to the bottom of the game saves list and by clicking on the bottom one, holding down the Shift key to "stick" them, then clicking on one several games above it (all in between should be highlighted), and hitting Delete, they all were deleted at once!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 01:23 PM

Draclvr thanks, I'll try that. Might save my sanity lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 01:51 PM

Looney, I went to the Game Pressure Witcher guide and it says
SPOILER ALERT READ NO FURTHER!!!!!!
use your Aard power to knock down the supports and not to fight the Kikimores but to run from them. When you make it to the corridor the cave should collapse killing the Queen.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 01:57 PM

Draclvr - Have deleted a lot of saved games.

Am about to load the game - keep your fingers crossed.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 03:52 PM

Thanks Debra, I appreciate you looking that up! Sad to say tho, I knew that. The problem is, even with a map, I can not get away from the kikimore hoard quick enough, and a couple of times when I did, I could not find anywhere to go so I got trapped all over again! crazy

This is definately gonna take quite alot of attempts! And I'm trying to get another level or two up before I go back.If I make it, I'll be sure to post about it! smile

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I found somethng nice in The New narakot Inn! If you take to the waitress...alot...she'll start telling you you're impatient and etc, keep talking to her! I ended up with her giving me a couple of potions and a recipe! cool

Threads, I'm crossing my fingers for you! luck

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 11/30/07 09:14 PM

Oh drat. I got tired of listening to the waitress and cut her off. Now she won't talk to me any more. I think I did get something called Widow's Tears or something like that.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 01:09 AM

Oh I didn't know she would quit talking to you! Did you try going out and then going back in? I noticed that alot of the time, when some one quits talking to you, if you leave and then come back in, they talk again! SHe gave me 2 Wives Tears, and the recipe for Devils Puffball.

Drac, how are you doing with the money thing? I'm up to a little over 4000 oren, I guess I'm gonna try for the vest since I'm so close. Once I get that and leveled up one more time, I think I'll be good to go!

I'm almost ready to go back to the cave, oh, I just got a shiver down my spine...

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 02:05 AM

Draclvr and Mad,

There's no reason not to install the patch in your current game. The patch won't 'break' anything you have going and will probably help. Another member in the Witcher forum that had worked on NWN 2 said that whatever there is in the new patch that's requiring a new game is usually about added content such as different items (as an example). Basic game fixes should still apply regardless, which makes sense. We'll have to wait for the 'Fix List' to know anything for sure. At the rate you guys are going I wouldn't be surprised if you were done before the patch comes out rotfl.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 02:48 AM

Hi smile

"There's no reason not to install the patch in your current game."

I thought for sure I had seen on The Witcher Forum somewhere that installing the patch would mean having to start the game over ??

'Course what I think I saw and what I actually saw could be totally different. Some days my brain just goes off visiting elsewhere lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 05:55 AM

I'm sorry to be whispering, I'm just a little hoarse!

This, of course, means I still haven't made it! Good news tho, I have figured out exactly what to do, and where to do it, I just can't get the time right.

I did get all the orens needed to get the upgraded leather vest, that was fun! Then I went back in, to the Kikimore cave...

I know it sounds like Coconut Grove when you say it in a sing song kind of way, but there is not a thing even like it! I'm goin to Kikimore Cave...nope! razz

Now stop calling in complaints, I'll try really hard to stop screaming!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 07:16 AM

Mad, a lot of people were asking about that and they point to the comment made by one of the devs that I pasted here earlier:

"Some changes in the next patch may take effect only after starting from scratch, I'm afraid."

That doesn't sound to me like a new game will be required just to use the new patch, but says to me that in order to gain everything the patch is offering (and we don't know what all that's going to be) that you would then have to start over. That's what I got from his comment, but maybe others would see it differently. What do you think?

It would be a lot easier to track things down in those other forums if they would stay on topic without getting into 'little' cat fights that go on till you forget what the question was headscratch.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 07:34 AM

Hi smile

"It would be a lot easier to track things down in those other forums if they would stay on topic without getting into 'little' cat fights that go on till you forget what the question was"

Milee10 ....
Ahhhhh .... The bliss of Gameboomers !! Not a cat fight in sight rotfl

I see what you mean about the patch and I HOPE you are right. That kind of patch would be terrific thumbsup

BTW. If you are reading this on your return, Rowan ....
I eventually collared that "disressed nurse" one very wet afternoon. She was at the side of the hospital near where the gardener often hangs out - and she shelled out my reward bravo
[Took FOUR visits before she was there, though.]

Cheers.

Mad tomato

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 07:50 AM

It is blissful at Gameboomers...all our cats purrrrr catrub.

Marilyn grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 03:13 PM

Looney, sorry you're having a time with the Queen and her cohorts. I thought I had cured your problem for sure grin
If all else fails, I have found in times of game crisis Dr. Pepper and vodka helps a lot devilchili

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 08:49 PM

Debra, that is just too funny! I know I got disgusted one night and got up and poured myself a glass of Merlot. THEN I went back in! I'm hoping to spend a good long time in the game later tonight. Have to watch the Mizzou/Oklahoma football game first though.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/01/07 08:57 PM

rotfl that was great Debra!
I've got my cabernet ready to go! bravo

Edit:
Oh see me doing the skippydance!!

I have defeated the kikimore queen!

First I must thank Debra...it was due to your concoction of Dr Pepper and vodka that set me on the right track! Thank you!

Second, I have to tell you all, I was so depressed! I was sure the game was over for me! I'm so happy to have it back!!

And now I leave with this...if you get stuck here, remember Debra's concoction...hmmmm..... think

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/02/07 07:11 AM

Well, I know there is a bottle of really good Scotch in the basement and I'm trying to avoid going down there. I've been running around doing a zillion things and I'm just not getting anywhere in the Trade Quarter. I just went to the swamp to have some Drowners to fight, I was so desperate! I have a couple of quests completed for Velerad, but he doesn't appear anywhere. I didn't mean to get caught up in the bank heist by the Elves, but I did. I've been in the sewers and fought an Alp or something - got some cool stuff down there. I spent 5,000 orens for that armor upgrade and I'm not so sure that was a good idea. Now I'm poor again. Triss wants to get married and no one will give me any good quests.

Please save me from getting so bored I venture down to the basement for that Chivas Regal!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/02/07 01:47 PM

Drac, not the basement!?! eek

Let's see...have you been to the reception above the New Narakot? I know that Velerad guy won't show up for you to collect your rewards and etc, until you meet him at the reception. After you meet him, you can leave the reception and then go to the watchtower and he'll be there. That reception is a big catalyst for moving onward!

I'm still not answering Triss...she got a bit pushy after she asked for that ring! lol She'll still talk to you and help, but you just know she's tapping her foot...

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/02/07 02:38 PM

Looney, so glad my secret concoction worked for you. They really should add it to the game guide don't you think?
I cannot seem to make much money that doesn't have to be spent on potions, etc. Then when I make more than I need, I can't find anyone who buys them. What are the secrets to sucess for making that 5000 orens for the great armor??

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/02/07 02:47 PM

Debra, I gave the potion making a little break and I just sold everything I got my hands on. I did every quest I could, and I looted and sold non-stop. I found alot of jewelry, and those drowners are so easy to kill that I made a fortune off them!

Have you found the cultist lair in the sewers? I stumbled on it and found some great treasures that sold for big orens!

It takes awhile, but I think it's worth it, just for the extra protection. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/02/07 04:35 PM

I stayed out of the basement last night, but didn't give up until about 3:00 am. Don't want this game to turn me into a raving alchoholic!

After Kalkstein gave me that huge reward for opening up the tower, I only had about 1,000 orens to go. I also made a fortune off the drowners. I also sold a ton of rings and finally made it over the top.

Yes, I think the first thing I did was the banquet thingie. I met Adda and a bunch of other strange people. I will see if Velarad is in the watchtower. He's the guy who is runnng the place in the absence of the king or what ever he is, right?

And I have a curiosity question. Why are Granny's pickles and lard in my quest items? There are several of the in there taking up space.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/03/07 04:53 AM

Hi smile

Draclvr !! I also have Granny items (and repeat versions) in my quest item slots - even including her diary twice woozy

I bet between us we have enough to throw a party ....
But a "Pickle and Lard" party ??
Yuck !! sick

lol

Cheers.

Mad tomato

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/03/07 12:14 PM

Granny's hooch (bet it kicks like a mule!) and lots of pickles and lard... sounds like a party to me!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/03/07 03:13 PM

Who buys Drowner brains? Everyone I go to does not. Also, who buys torches? I understand from the Witcher board that they sell for 40 orens a pop. Also, now the Order of the Rose doesn't want to sell to me. This occured after I spoke with Vivaldi about the investigation and my opinion as to his guilt or innocence.
I have not found the cultist lair in the sewers so I will try that.
Should I hold off of SPOILER SPOILER
teling Kalkstein that I think he's guilty before doing the mage tower thing?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/04/07 12:17 AM

If you are still in Chapter 2, Kalkstein buys Drowner brains and tongues. I can't remember who I sold a torch to, but I think it was an arms dealer. That guy won't sell to me anymore either, so you may have to wait until you get to the trade quarter to sell the torch to the arms dealer there. He's not so picky.

Be careful who you tell you suspect them as they may not talk to you anymore!

Don't want to stack posts, so I'll edit this one. Will the Town Hall and the Bank ever open up again? Have I made a choice that will not allow me to talk to Velerad again? That's where he's supposed to be. I only find de Wett in the Watchtower. I'm now trying to find either Yaevann or Sigfried to convince them to help us against the Salamandra.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/04/07 05:01 AM

Yeah Debra, in the whole game, any alchemist will buy the brains, tongues, etc...noone else wants them! laugh

I told Kalkstien my feelings, it didn't change the quest at all, it just made him stop speaking to me and buying from me. I insulted him and a couple of others before that whole thing was done! lol

Drac, go find whichever one you've decided to ask for help, that will help you find Velerad again. I've found that sometimes, people aren't where you want them to be until after a certain quest or action is done. smile

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/04/07 12:53 PM

I insulted Kalkstein too, but he still loves me after I finally opened up his precious tower! I wish Ramsmeat was still in the picture. I liked him.

I figured I had to find one of those guys first. But I can't find either one of them! Maybe I'll find Sigfried tonight.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/04/07 01:00 PM

You killed Ramsmeat? I lied and said I did. evil I wonder if he'll show up later then?

I always found Siefried at the door to the Order. He's a little hard to catch I think since there is always a crowd going in and out!

I didn't get to play at all yesterday so I'll be hard at it today!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/04/07 01:29 PM

No, I lied and said I did too. He just won't talk to me any more. That's where I keep looking for Sigfried too, but he's never there. I think Yaevaen is mad at me after I smacked his guys down after they robbed the bank!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/05/07 05:41 AM

Hi smile

I'm still in chapter 3 and I've been trying to find a book or something that will give me info on those horrible tall pink plants in the swamp that thrash out and spit things eek

Can anyone please give me a hint as to where to find such info ??
[I thought by now I had now visited every person that had books etc.]

The darn plants decimate me every time I try to battle them mad

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/05/07 11:38 AM

The book seller in the Trade Quarter should have a book on echinops or archespores - I think there's a difference, but I'm not sure. I don't have it either because I think it costs like 400 orens or something!

As far as defeating them, I'm not having any trouble, but I'm pretty leveled up. Have you tried using a grindstone on you silver sword that causes either 10% or 20% more damage? You might also try a potion called Thunderbolt that causes more damage, but you can't dodge and parry.

I simply cannot find either Sigfried or Yaevinn to enlist their help in any place at any time. I finally resorted to a walkthrough that says I will find Velerad "near" the bank, but he's not there either. I'm really getting frustrated. mad

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/05/07 12:25 PM

Drac, have you gone to the bank? It's being robbed! If you've already done that, I would guess that you might need to talk to Triss. Are you trying to find Velerad for the quest rewards? If you've done the bank thing, he'll be back in the Watchtower.

smile

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/05/07 03:12 PM

I use Blizzard with the echinops (sp) and it works great along with Golden Oriole because of the poison those things shoot out. Have some White Honey on hand when you get through killing them to counter the Blizzard toxicity. Also, I hit them with Igni (fire) which they don't like either. devil
Yes, I wrongly accused an NPC who then would no longer speak to me until I finished with the Tower in the swamp quest. I am in chapter 3 whoo-hoo with that hussie Triss, Miss Cheap and Easy herself.
It's nice to have a way to get around quickly now.
New question. How many runes does it take to get them put on your Witcher Sword and does any blacksmith do that?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 12:45 AM

I had already done the bank thing and Velerad was not ever in the Watchtower. The only one who was there was de Wett. Who I beat the pants off in poker, by the way!

I finally read in the walkthrough that if you can't get anywhere, go have a serious conversation with Triss. I'd tried before, but there was only 1 conversation option which I'd already had with her. But I tried it anyway and the conversation went further this time and it triggered Velerad to show up near the bank door. I also was now able to find Sigfried in front of the Order. So I guess I'm off again!

I have to ask a question about the Blizzard potion. Both times I've used it, everything was like it was in slow motion. Is it supposed to do that?

I took my sword to the blacksmith with 3 runes and gave him a jewel and he said he'd "see what he could do." But he didn't DO anything, just offered to sell me another sword????

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 01:10 AM

Hi smile

Isn't there a "downstairs" in the Watchtower where you will find Velerad .... or am I getting mixed up .... which is not difficult with my really enormouse brain power lol

Thanks, folks, for the tips on dealing with the archespores. THEY are the ones I'm struggling with thumbsup
I've already tried "sharpening " my sword AND using fire but I'll have another go with some of the potions mentioned thanks

Oh, and I've also just spent a huge amount of gold on armour so I'm hoping that might make a bit of difference too. [Nearly wiped out my savings !! eek]

I have some minor runes that I can apply to my steel sword myself but I haven't found out how to get a Blacksmith or whoever to use the "posh" ones on my silver sword yet confused
So my "posh" ones keep getting put back into storage to make space in inventory.

Such is the life of a Witcher, eh ?? rotfl

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 02:06 AM

Hello all you Witchers! wink

Yeah Drac, I figured you needed to talk to Triss, she seemed to be the catalyst alot in that chapter! Anyway, I'm glad you're back at it! bravo

About getting your weapons reforged: Once you have 3 meteorites, any color combo or all of the same, you go the blacksmith and he'll show you a new sword in his inventory and a price to buy it. What that means is, it's what he charges to use your sword and meteorites to make this new sword. So you have "buy" it. It's the same with the silver sword, with the runes, all you have to have is three runes, and then he'll reforge that too.

Mad, if you have three, take then with you to the blacksmith or he doesn't know what you want.

The blizzard potion does that to me too, can't say I like it much, but it is effective! smile

I've played alot today, and I have to say, the decisions get tougher and tougher! I'm already plan to replay, I have to see what happenes with different decisions!

I absolutely love this game, freezes, crashes, warts and all! lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 03:58 AM

Hi smile

Draclvr ....
I just checked and there IS a downstairs to the Watchtower and that IS where I always found the chap you are looking for thumbsup

And Looney ....
Thanks for the "runes" advice grin
[I will have to check my bank account though, having just blown that huge sum on armour eek]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 04:44 AM

Mad, I totally missed the downstairs at the Watchtower!

But, in any case, I have just made it to Chapter 4! Woo hoo!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 08:56 AM

Hi Draclvr smile

You very wicked person you !!!!

When it's likely to be another six months in the dratted swamp for me before I make it !!!!

lol lol lol lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 12:22 PM

And I later thought that I DID find the downstairs! It just depended on where you went into the Watchtower. I always went in right across from the Narakort Inn and then went upstairs to find de Wett. I love how the choices you make in this game turn it into something different than what others are playing.

Having horrid cold weather keeps me in at night with more time to play!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 02:36 PM

OK. I accidently found the Salamandra lair while nosing around in chapter 3 and rescued Alvin. I had to make a choice as to who kept him and I chose Shani, but now she wants to marry me. Which choice is better Shani or Triss? I don't trust Triss, but I don't want to marry Shani. Please spoil me before I make a decision I'll regret and have to go a long way back to correct it.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 03:06 PM

So you picked Shani huh? I'll be anxious to hear how that turns out for you, I picked Triss! She did the "I want a ring" bit too! lol I have no idea how things will change since you picked her, but I know it's not a "wrong" choice. There are so many decisions that change your gameplay, that I'm already planning a replay or two just to see how things go!

Drac, my ego is just crushed! You breezed thru that kikmore cave? praise

Mad, the swamp helped me get rich, so I didn't hate it! lol
Of course it got to be pretty funny when I could kill the drowners with one hit! cool

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 04:30 PM

So, either one wants to get married? Yikes. Lesser of two evils to me then is Shani. She's not a sexy wench, but she seems like a good person compared to Triss.
Drac, what was your secret for getting past the Kikimores?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 05:51 PM

Hi smile

Did I give the impression I wanted to be done with the swamp ?? Well .... tiddley poe and all that ....I just love it really, honest !! rotfl

I TOO am trying to get rich there - but now I can't find the knowledge I need to make the oil I need to help deal with all those wyverns I need to deal with slapforehead

So, I think I'll have to go round swatting everything else in sight for a bit .... to compensate lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 06:42 PM

So Mad, you found the wyvern nest huh? I had the best luck getting just close enough to get one or two to notice me, come at me to fight and then the others seemed to come not all at once. I don't know, I may just have gotten lucky! lol Have you gone back to the city yet? I spent so much money on those books that I think I should have a college degree by now! crazy

And now...I just finished got to the end. I absolutely can't wait to start again. Not only was this a great game, but all those decisions changed the outcome of so many situations, including the ending! And how was the ending? WOW - need I say more? cool

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 10:16 PM

Hope someone is still playing this in January when I finally get to it! Or will at least be around to give valuable tips when I completely muck it up! Congrats on finishing it Looney - so good to hear that you thought it was great.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 10:46 PM

I don't think you need to worry about having plenty of company yet in January, nickie! I'm sure I will still be slogging along.

Click to reveal..
When I finally killed The Professor, the kikimore queen made her appearance. When I was running away, he said something about the supports and knocking them down. So I ran in, turned around and hit them with an Aard. It took several times because either the queen would get me first or I would bury myself in the timbers! Then I killed all the workers and warriors and headed out - after dropping the rest of the supports.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/06/07 11:04 PM

Great! I'm sure I'll be needing much hand holding. wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: nickie
Hope someone is still playing this in January when I finally get to it! Or will at least be around to give valuable tips when I completely muck it up! Congrats on finishing it Looney - so good to hear that you thought it was great.

Don't worry Nickie I'll still be playing it by then. You know me, "Mr. Short Attention Span Theater". I have like 10 games going at once and work has been heck so we can co-agonize lol

Oh and by the way I forgot to say Happy Birthday (I'm really bad at that). How does it feel to finally be able to drink legally? wink

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 02:18 AM

Great! That will be fun! devilchili
I don't know how you can play that many games at one time! I have trouble remembering the one I'm playing.

Hmm, what does that wink mean? Or in light of the above, is it self explanatory? rotfl Thanks for your continuation day wishes!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 03:17 AM

No worries Nickie, I'm already planning another round! lol

I can't wait for you to play, and hear what you think! It really is awesome bravo

wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 05:45 AM

Hi nickie smile

Absolutely NO worries !!

I will still be in The Swamp so please bring some hot soup with you .... rotfl

Cheers.

Mad crazy

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 08:02 AM

From the sound of it, I'd better bring bread crumbs too! lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 10:32 AM

Hi smile

And why not !! tomato

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/07/07 03:13 PM

Congrats Looney. Did you do all the side quests too? I guess I'm a sloooow player. The Druid hierophant and I took on the Salamandra leader yesterday. I hate that I can't pick up the extra swords and sell them. That illegal sword probably would have made me a fair bit of coin especially neeeded now that I bought the 5K armor.
Can anyone tell me where Angus went? The guy that ran from me that I was supposed to follow and lost due to a mouse misfunction?? You can't track him on the map and I haven't seen him since.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 03:37 AM

I finally found Angus and he sleeps with the fishes - sort of. If anyone loses him just ask.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 03:53 AM

Way to go on finding him! I was so afraid I'd lose him I almost ran him over a couple of times! lol I think most of the time, whomever you have to follow, goes right on to where they are suppose to, and it does get hard to keep up!

Sorry I didn't help earlier Debra, I started moving today, and this is my first minute of play time. And I wasn't sure when I'd have internet, I'm still not really, it was supposed to switch today but didn't! duh

I miss Geralt already and I hope I can play another round soon! yes

Mad, you must come out of that swamp! Be brave and face the world, you can't hide in there forever! rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 04:17 AM

Hi smile

"Mad, you must come out of that swamp! Be brave and face the world, you can't hide in there forever! rotfl"

Hiding ??

Who's hiding ??

Oh, I'm cold and wet and pretty broke too but NOT yet defeated ..... believe me, I'm going to come out of this darn swamp a WINNER !! lol lol

Cheers.

Mad yay

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 07:32 AM

Mad I hope that you will savc me when I finally get up the nerve to venture into the swamp. I am still in the lab, of course I haven't been playing anything since I caught this horrid cold.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 08:03 AM

Hope you feel better soon Hawka!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/08/07 08:19 AM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

Sorry to hear you are under the weather and hope you are soon up and runnin' again kissy kissy

For me today though, guess I'll have to splash around in the swamp a bit longer .... I might not get time for a Witching session cry

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 12:22 AM

Does anyone know where to find Yaevin in the Unforgiven phase of the main quest? I looked in the Druid camp and the Scoia'tael camp, but he's nowhere to be found.
I have also lost the Distressed Nurse with the Granny's basement quest. I've been to the hospital inside and out at different times of the day and she never shows.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 03:42 AM

I think Looney or someone finally got the nurse to show up. Check back several pages because I think it was a certain time of the day. That was my last quest in Chapter 3 and I finally just gave up and went on to Chapter 4. It was only 50 orens anyway.

I never did find Yaevin and I looked all the places you mention. I finally went with Sigfried because I couldn't find Yaevin.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 04:00 AM

Hi smile

I was certainly ONE person who found the nurse .... she was just to the right of the front hospital door, a few days after I completed the quest, in the afternoon, in a rainstorm.
I had nearly given up hope of finding her myself !! whistle

A person who is eluding me though is one I am supposed to visit (in the swamp) after supplying the Ferryman with those flowering plants.
It is so long now since I did so that I've given up and concluded that one of the monsters must have got him lol

Well, I'm taking a break from the swamp and visiting the sewers at midnight for a clandestine meeting.
But will the change of scenery do me any good ?? scared

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 04:40 AM

Oh, yeah, it was you, Mad, who finally had the nurse show up! Who are you supposed to visit in the swamp that you can't find?

The sewers, eh? Hope you have a couple of Cat potions!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 04:56 AM

Hi Draclvr smile

I can't remember his name but I made a deal to supply the Ferryman with certain plants and then I think I was supposed to go and pay some of the proceeds to this man in the swamp.

It all happened so long ago now that the details are fading from my memory lol

The place in the swamp where I am supposed to find him still "flashes". He's just never there !! rolleyes

As for the sewers ?? I never venture down there without my Cats Eyes wink

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 12:30 PM

woozy And of course I've already forgotten too! I make serious use of the quest list in my journal because I can never remember who I'm supposed to see or what I'm supposed to do!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/10/07 05:38 PM

Hi smile

Me too !!

I'd be dead in the (swamp) water without that journal lol

Cheers.

Mad happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 02:48 PM

The ferryman will take the flowers from you and give you payment even though Yaren was the one who started the quest with you.
Drac, I, like you gave up on the nurse. I tried to get her to show at various times of the day and night, but she just wasn't there.
The gamepressure.com guide helps a lot with side quests and so forth that can't be tracked and the Witcher Wiki site has some good information although it's still a work in progress.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 03:05 PM

Sorry, I made an extra post by accident and now I can't delete it. frown

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 03:17 PM

Hi Debra smile

Oh, the Ferryman paid me eons ago - but the man to whom I am supposed to give a "cut" of that payment is nowhere to be found .... despite his supposed whereabouts happily flashing on the swamp map. And the puzzle is still "unfinished" in the Quest journal whistle

[Yes, his name is Yaerin or something like that. Can't just remember at this moment.]

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 08:56 PM

Hi! I'm back! Well, only sort of, I'm still unpacking and doing all that stuff you gotta do to make your home, homey! smile

I can't find The Witcher yet, I packed it in a box that I was sure would be the first one opened, but... slapforehead

I hope to catch all the quests this time around, I didn't do the distressed nurse quest - I saw her once but forgot to talk to her! And I didn't do the blue eyes one, if you've done it, you can guess why I didn't! I skipped the fist fighting one too..

And I went to the end quest before I did the Raven quest...I really wanted that one too!! cry

Other than those, I did all the other ones, and now it'll be interesting to see how outcomes change with different decisions!

Mad, you came out of the swamp?! bravo

Now a question, does it say his name over him or does it just say something about the lead lumberjack? I don't actually remember! wink

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 10:13 PM

I did the blue-eyed quest and you get to make an interesting choice once you get upstairs to the madam's quarters! I won't tell you what mine was though... grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 11:31 PM

I'm in the dark, but I have a feeling it is better that way. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 11:52 PM

grin It DID also involve quite a battle!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/11/07 11:55 PM

Uh-huh. whistle

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/12/07 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: nickie
Uh-huh. whistle

rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/12/07 04:21 AM

Double rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/12/07 09:38 PM

Mad, try that Witcher Wiki site since they have the quests and side quests alphabetized along with the characters you interact with. Maybe that will help you find Yaren. I don't remember doing that part of the quest. headscratch

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/13/07 05:30 PM

Hi Debra smile

Thanks for the tip and if I get desparate to end that particular quest, I will use it.
But for the moment I have my hands VERY full with other quests .... because .... I am back in the swamp eek

Cheers lol

Mad happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/13/07 09:55 PM

I just made it to Chapter V last night! I'm flush with orens - almost $1,000, but nowhere to spend them in Vizimza which is on fire everywhere...

I want to stop playing because I'm afraid it's going to over too soon, but I can't! I'll definitely do a replay right away, but there's just nothing like the first time through a game.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 04:28 AM

The lady of the lake is not giving me my sword after I killed Dagon (put the ruby in his altar- neutral approach). What am I doing wrong. Also, Berenger is not giving me any new information, but the journal says I need to make him pay for his deeds. Any ideas? I really want the sword badly.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 04:37 AM

I didn't get the sword from the Lady of the Lake until after I'd completed the part in the village where Alvin is held hostage and you have to make more decisions. I also had a confrontation with Berengar at Tern Island later. You just have more stuff to do! I'd have to guess you have to go talk to Dandelion.....

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 06:44 AM

Debra here's what it says in the walkthru. How you obtain things in this game depends upon the decisions you make.
Quote:
If you lured Dagon by killing the cow, go to get your reward from the priest (M26.2). If you killed the acolyte, go to Julian (M30.6). And if you places the ruby on the altar, go back to the Lady (M31.2). the Priest will give you a Ceremonial Sword of Deithwen, Julian gives you a Grand Diamond, and the Lady will bring back a piece of your memory...

The above events end this quest in the journal, but if you haven’t used the Ruby to lure Dagon, you have to go back to his altar (M31.9) and talk to the Lady, who’ll be waiting for you there. She’ll give you a gift: an excellent silver sword Aerondight

Hope this helps

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 10:45 AM

Hi Oldman smile

Where did you find a walkthrough ??

EDIT : Found one !!

However, I am still looking for the person or book who/which tells me about "Ornithosaur Oil".
I really NEED to make some of that oil so that I can go tackle the Wyverns help

Can anyone remember how they found out about this oil ??

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 01:09 PM

I don't remember where I got it, but I killed a lot of them without it. I enhanced my silver sword with diamond dust or a grindstone and hacked away. Argentia oil also helped a lot.

I didn't try any of the spells on the wyverns, but I ran into some of the giant centipedes that I could only kill with Igni.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 01:28 PM

Hmmmm...I don't remember either, but I think it was a book I bought in Vizima. I did pretty good without it too!

Nice tip about the giant centipedes Drac! I just fought with the sword. It took alot of work too! lol

I've started my second round, and I think I'm enjoying it more than the first time! I'm able to get more into the story now. I'm only on the outskirts but it's been so fun to find out where I met everyone for the first time! smile

I'm taking my time and already I have a quest that I missed the first time! bravo

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 02:34 PM

I'm about to finish all my quests and contracts. I will go back to Tern Island then and see if she'll give it to me.
Thanks Oldman for the WT, but that's the one I've been using when I get stuck. I didn't understand the last line about if you don't use the ruby to lure Dagon. I didn't think you had a choice in order to create peace.
Thanks everyone for your tips.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 04:17 PM

Hi smile

Thanks for responding to my Wyvern question folks, but I've now done 'em all in !! yay

Risked Wyvern Island without the oil and to my surprise didn't find it difficult at all - but of course since my one and only previous visit there (when I got completely slaughtered eek) I have acquired new armour etc and my capabilities are much improved grin

So, onward and upward I go lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/14/07 05:23 PM

Yay, Mad!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/15/07 12:47 AM

I've made it to Chapter 5, but I know what you mean Drac, I don't want it to be over. This has been a stellar game.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/15/07 02:58 AM

I agree about the quality of the game. I've really enjoyed it, in spite of the long loading times.

I've restarted the game and am in the begining of Act III. I'm making the opposite choices that I did in the first game to see how it plays out.

I'll say no more in case someone has yet to be faced with any of the choices.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/15/07 08:20 PM

Just completed the game. WOW! I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Baldur's Gate SOA. I'll have to wait for a while to restart. I'm still in shock, but I will replay it. Can't wait for the sequel or expansion.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 01:21 AM

Congrats Debra - can't wait to play it hearing so much praise for the game!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 02:11 AM

Good job Debra! SO, how long can you wait to play? I couldn't wait, obviously! lol

I'd like to see an expansion or sequel too! There was a couple of places I never did go to...one was thru a gate, I can't remember the name - something beginning with an M...

So Nickie, I must have missed it, why aren't you playing yet? :eeksnoman:
Posted By: syd

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 02:23 AM

While doing research for another project (cough) I came across this thread and of course had to buy this game and Loki. I have it installed and now that the other project is complete can actually relax and play.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 02:35 AM

Yay syd! I'm not too far ahead of you, I'll just play dice awhile and wait for you! Of course this is my 2nd round, but who's counting?? grin I'm making all different decisions this time...

psssttt...that other project? Hmmm...I think The Witcher will be a piece of cake after that! wink

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 03:01 AM

Bwa-hahahaha - truthfully looney - brain surgery would be a piece of cake after that particular little project laugh

I hope I can get this puppy to play - I also unfortunately have Vista so before I do too much more I'm going to download any patches and check how rowen got the game to play for her.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 03:05 AM

OK. Fess up and share. What was the other "project," syd? Could it be what I THINK it is? Hmmmm... Should I get excited? Something tells me I should go check the General Forum!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 08:13 AM

Check mixed bags without delay - simply superlative!

Looney, I had to do some adventure reviews, but looks like I may get to this game now (fingers crossed).

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 11:41 AM

Hi smile

I'm just about (I think) to end chapter 3 so I'm way, way behind all you experts lol

But I think it is a glorious game and I'm sure that will be the opinion of most players thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad :christmas:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 12:03 PM

Mad, not to worry, I'm way behind you - and this is the first time round.

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 01:07 PM

Hi threads smile

Oh, it's my first time too - I am just SO slow - but who cares if we are enjoying ourselves ?? cool

Cheers.

Mad happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 02:38 PM

Well I'll be standing in the castle with my hands in my pocket for months if I pretty soon don't figure out how to get my guy to swing his sword - good grief - I'm more than pathetic.

nickie - thanks - not sure if it's superlative but the puppy is long lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 02:56 PM

Looney, I've waited until the evening after I finished the game to start again. What a weenie! I missed Geralt and the Swamp smile
Syd, I played it in Vista and it was really stable. I didn't even have the lastest patch on it. I had some screen freezes which I cleared up by going to task manager and if it said the game was still running I'd switch back to the game. Voila! I was back with a game that was running perfectly. Until chapter 5, I had about 4 crash to desktop situations. Chapter 5 has so many more cut scenes that it gave me a bit more trouble, but nothing to really upset me. I hope you get the same experience with Vista and your rig.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 03:02 PM

Syd, did you use the mouse option when you started the game or the keyboard? If mouse, then you wait for combat to start and left click on one of the bad guys with a red circle around him. You will see the sword icon then left click. Always left click when you see the fiery sword because it will give you a combination of moves (you don't have to do anything to get the combo Geralt just does them based on the Talent you have chosen when he levels up). P.S. you will only see the fiery sword icon on easy and medium levels. I played on easy first because I didn't know how I'd do with the combat system.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 04:01 PM

Hi Debra - got it figured out - thanks. I think my brain must have fried last night and I was just too tired to figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm playing on easy and opted for mouse/keyboard control. It's taking a bit of getting used to. I just got inside the citidal with Leo (somehow he does not inspire confidence as a back up guy to me - time will tell).

Glad to hear Vista was stable for you - so far I haven't had any problems - keeping my fingers crossed it will continue. I had to give up on Gothic 3 - couldn't play more than 10 minutes without the game crashing or getting the dreaded GURU - I was at level 46 also so it rather irks me.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 04:07 PM

Glad you got the fighting figured out, syd. It does take a bit of getting used to. I'm playing on XP with mouse and a gamepad. I didn't have any issues at all other that some jerkiness during Chapter 5 fighting scenes in Vizima. I'm in the swamp cemetary right now and trying to drag the game out so it won't be over!

And, the Christmas poem was indeed a stellar performance once again this year! Huzzah! bravo

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 05:16 PM

Thanks Drac - glad you liked it - actually, I'd be surprised if many even wade through it - the darn thing sorta took on a life of its own lol

Darn - I was wrong about Leo and feel guilty that I didn't have faith in him - rats. Still plugging along - gathering ingredients for Triss' potion - have to get the claw from the frightener now so up top I go. I do love the map system in this game - it's nice to have one that actually shows you where you are and where you need to go - which in my case is absolutely imperative smile

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 06:51 PM

I am with you Syd on the map, without it I get horribly turned around in circles and have no clue.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 07:50 PM

That brings up some memories of some old posts! laugh I'm glad there's a good map too!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 09:56 PM

The small active map in the upper right has saved my bacon a couple of times! Once I ran out of Cat (a potion to help you see better in the sewers and crypts) and was running around and fighting completely blind. The little map got me out of there without being killed!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 10:08 PM

Wow, nickie you're finally playing...YAY! And threads! Glad to see the group grow! bravo

Mad is right on, take your time and just enjoy! Trust me, by the time you get close to the end, you'll be wishing you had gone slower anyway. I hated to see it end. So much that, as you saw, I'm playing again already! Like Debra, I missed Geralt, not too sure about the swamp tho! lol

Ya know syd, after I got used to the combat, I think it seemed easier to pay more attention to the story than to the fighting since it was so easy! One thing that I learned late, was that when you're in a fight, if you hit when you aren't supposed to (when you see the sword icon with a circle and line thru it, Geralt gets "off balance" and then he can't hit. Also, once he gets off like that, if you find a spot near him that will show a fat arrow, double click and he'll do a cool sort of backflip over or away from the enemy and he also gains his balance back. Then you can get back to the fight... or can get a good running start! lol

I hope I explained that okay? I'm so good with the describing thing! woozy

My questions:
-I'm making lots of money playing dice! But can anyone tell me why I have 3 sets of dice?

-Did I miss something with the Maribor Gate? I never did get thru it.

-Did I also miss something with The Mill entrance? The Miller's Gate? Didn't get into these places either!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/16/07 11:30 PM

I never got into them either. I never saw that fat arrow thingie. I know if double tap my W key, Geralt will do a backflip over the enemies he's fighting - that is if there aren't too many of them.

Now I've got a question. I'm in the swamp and I want to do the armor quest. I've got the elven minstral notes, two pieces of old armor and Raven's armor. I can't find anything else. When I map the quest, it tells me to go to the one Refugee cave. The only thing I can find in there is a Wayfarer's Stone which doesn't do anything. I thought maybe it was the secret way to the sorceress' lab, so I hit it with Aard, Igni, Aard. But nothing happened. Do I have everything? Is this the right place?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 02:00 AM

Hi Drac! wave

I didn't do that quest darn it! But I did read that the stone is important, then you do the aard, igni, aard. So, you can't pick up the stone? Have you tried using the signs anywhere near the stone? Maybe the secret opening is just beside it...??

Let us know! smile

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 03:42 AM

Well, I don't why, but when I went back and did Aard, Igni, Aard again it worked! Whoa! The new armor was totally worth it! I'm now figuring out whether I can get past the force field in the Salamandra headquarters. It doesn't look like I can. I need to go finish a quest with Kalkstein and then it's off to see the King and I guess move into the final part of the game. *whine*

I just want to know what am I going to do with this $14,000 in orens I've accumulated!!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 04:34 AM

Hi smile

"I just want to know what am I going to do with this $14,000 in orens I've accumulated!!"

I'll mail you my address !!!! lol lol

Cheers.

Mad :christmas:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 05:48 AM

You beat me to it, Mad! rotfl Didn't someone say that orens are hard to come by in the beginning?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 02:37 PM

At last (I think - hope - keeping fingers crossed) real life just might give me a chance to load the game later today or tomorrow. Am now so far behind I've forgotten what I was about to do next lol

Wonder if I can remember what I've already done rotfl

Syd, in her Epic, mentioned I hoped to complete the game by Christmas 2008. think may need to change that to 2009.

:holidays:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 06:52 PM

This is so discouraging! I'm still waiting on the patch cry. I know it shouldn't be to much longer, but the wait is driving me crazy. I'm really hoping that the patch will finely stop the game freezing problem. I also put in a new sound card that sure isn't going to hurt anything. Keep your fingers crossed!

Marilyn :christmas: to all!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 07:56 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Milee! :holidays:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 10:41 PM

On Dec 15, I received an email from the Witcher boards and it had this to say about the patch so maybe your wait is finally coming to an end. Let's hope it fixes the problems.
Quote:
Patch 1.2 available soon

In the next few days we will announce the release date for the long-awaited update of The Witcher, which will include fixes for several issues. We have been working hard on this patch since the game’s release and the day-one 1.1 patch. The most important changes include the reduction of loading and saving times, many improvements in saving/loading mechanics, as well as further improvement of game stability and removal of various bugs. Patch will be available for download from The Witcher registration page!

Posted By: friedmonky

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 11:09 PM

Good info oldman! Thanks thanks

Rusty monky

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 11:43 PM

Thanks oldman! They had said by Christmas which is almost here. Talk about waiting till the last minute to announce a release date! Now I'm wondering if they'll say AFTER Christmas. Do I sound impatient duh...yup.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/17/07 11:55 PM

I got that same e-mail. I sure hope it helps you, Milee...

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 01:22 AM

Milee my game isn't freezing - yet - but it crashed about every 10 minutes once I got out of the castle. I got a nice apology about it being sorry that it would have to close down which didn't help much after I just got through killing a mass of those green dog thingies (I'm only in chapter 1) and I had to go back and do it again.

I did the bcdedit thing and got the latest drivers for my video card and was able to play longer stretches yesterday. The load times are terrible - I hate going into the houses and coming back out again. I have 2 megs of ram - guess I'd best be looking into one or two more megs to see if that will help speed things up a bit.

I also somehow lost my dagger which I guess I need to get the brains of those drowners. I keep killing them but am only collecting green goo and ecto stuff (sigh) I don't know if I dropped it back at the castle or at the Inn - hopefully at the Inn because I don't think I can get back to the castle.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 01:49 AM

Syd, another meg of RAM probably won't help. What are your load times? About 20 to 40 seconds are about the best you can hope for. I'm playing with 2 MB of RAM and about 30 seconds is the longest I have to wait. Looney solved a lot of her long load time issues by getting a bigger hard drive. She exceeded all the other hardware specs, but her old 40 GB hard drive just wasn't giving her the space the game needed. She upped to a huge drive and it really sped things up. What they are recommending as the maximum specs should really be the minimum specs as the quality of gameplay just isn't possible with the minimums.

Your dagger won't help you get Drowner brains. Well, I mean it WILL help you kill the darned things. But you will need to have a Drowner entry in your Bestiary to be able to get the stuff you need. You get the entries from books you find and buy along the way. I somehow missed buying (or couldn't afford at the time) the book on vampires and missed out on a couple of quests at the end because I didn't have the entry in my Bestiary. Open up your in-game menu and click on your Journal. There is an option for Monsters which will tell you what is there and what isn't.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 04:08 AM

Drac I was afeared that I needed a book. I thought I had one on monsters but I guess it didn't cover the drowners. I did find another dagger - discovered that when I picked up my torch I lost my dagger - might have wasted 100 orens on that puppy and orens are hard to come by - talk about recession lol I did find the dice and managed to win almost 100 orens at it.

Ah me - so many things I need - so little orens.

My load times are about 10 - 15 seconds on average. Every once in a while I hit 30 seconds and think my computer froze. I have a 500 gig hard drive with very little on it so I guess I'll just have to either develop patience which isn't likely or go do some laundry while the game loads laugh

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 04:17 AM

The only time I have loooooong load times is when I load up the game the first time. After that going between screens is tolerable - not great - but tolerable.

Who was making the ham sandwiches between screens? Was that you, looney? Sounds like you've got everything need for hardware, syd. Yup. Patience it is!

sad Me, I just finished the game. Wah, sob. But, holy cow, what an end game. I just don't think I can wait to start another one. I already miss Geralt!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: syd
... I keep killing them but am only collecting green goo and ecto stuff (sigh) ....

Poor syd, only green goo and ecto stuff grin Sorry, just had to comment, the "(sigh)" made me giggle.

Going over 2 GB of RAM will have only negligible effects on a 32bit system (which most folks are using). Like Drac says this game is very demanding. Spock, out. smile

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 08:54 AM

Congrats Draclvr! This Geralt must be something else!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 01:06 PM

Just you wait, nickie! This is the first game I've played where the main character actually has facial expressions. I love the tiny smirk he gets at the corner of his mouth when he's facing an opponent who thinks he's all powerful and is about the defeat this puny witcher.

Plus, this game has the best opening cut scene I've ever seen. It's long, so get a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of wine and sit back and enjoy...

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 05:22 PM

So it's easy to fall in love with this guy, huh? I'm looking forward to starting it as soon as I can.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 06:13 PM

Hi smile

The absolutely fantastic opening film had me addicted even before I was able to DO anything. I felt it was just superb thumbsup

And The Witcher himself is not only a well designed character but is definitely very attractive !! lol lol

Cheers.

Mad :shiver:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 09:20 PM

Hi all,

Well I finished, making opposite choices, and enjoyed the game both times. The story line is different enough when you make different choices that it is interesting the second time around.

This is the best ending that I have seen in a game bar none but I do have a question about the ending for those who have finished the game.
Click to reveal..
The hooded character that he defeated at the end of the game was it supposed to be Vesimir? Since they didn't show his hair and only his beard it was hard for me to figure out.

I think I will play it once more after the patch comes out, going neutral all the way. If they shorten the load times and give a choice to turn off auto save it will be much more enjoyable to me.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 09:28 PM

Congrats Oldman, and that is high praise indeed! Thanks much for the spoiler tag - I let my eyes go glazed over that - can't wait to start this puppy!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/18/07 10:40 PM

I'm wondering the same thing about the ending, oldman...

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/19/07 03:45 AM

Syd - I also have a very large hard drive with very little used. Right after starting the game the load times were always quit fast (about 10 sec. give or take). I would get through the first three or four without much trouble, but after that the load screen would completely freeze. I couldn't even get to my desktop to shut anything down. Keys didn't work...nothing. The only thing I could do was hold the power button down until my computer shut off. I'd boot back up again and start the game over from a save and everything was great until after the next 3 or 4 load screens when it would freeze again. Makes for a very long game when playing like this mad. If I never go in or out of buildings or anything to cause more then a couple of load screens, I can play all night without any problems. I made it into chapter 2 and managed for awhile, but there were just to many doors in that town so I gave it up. I love the game and was afraid I'd start to hate it if I kept on the way it was. That's why I really NEED for the patch to work.

Let's hope the patch is everything they 'imply' it will be praise.

P.S. Nickie and Mad - Yes, it's easy to fall in love with Geralt....he's bad boy HOT hearts lol.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/19/07 04:42 PM

Hi smile

Having a celebration tonight !! wink

After NINE attempts, I managed to get out of that cave and so out of Chapter Three bravo bravo

Enjoying the exploration of new territories now thumbsup

This is a great game and I am SO hoping to make it all the way to the end grin

Cheers.

Mad :shiver:

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/19/07 04:55 PM

We have faith in you Mad! thumbsup

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/19/07 06:39 PM

Hi and Thank You nickie .... smile

Let us hope it is not misguided rotfl

Cheers.

Mad happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/20/07 12:15 AM

I'm back! :christmas:
Spent the last two weeks in Luxembourg and Germany with relatives. Came home in the big snowstorm. Spent the last two evenings just catching up and reading your posts. Haven't played yet since I came back. Hope I remember what I was doing. Happy that there are now experts with a Witcher degree who can help out. praise

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/20/07 12:31 AM

Hi all,

While checking to see if the long awaited 1.2 patch had arrived yet (it hasn't) I came upon the site for The Witcher Demo. For those who might like to try before buying you can check here

Guess I'll immerse myself in Culpa Innata while awaiting the patch.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/20/07 01:10 AM

Welcome back Rowan - was it beautiful there, and did you have a great time?

Looking around the net, lots of folks waiting on that patch, Oldman. Have a good time with Culpa - neat game.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/20/07 05:46 PM

Welcome back Rowan.

I was sent an e-mail from the Witcher forum to say the Patch will be available at OUR lunch time today. Unless my magnifying glass has let me down.

Been one of those days - I'm soon off to bed.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/20/07 10:50 PM

It's being downloaded as we speak! I got a Christmas card from CD Projekt Red this afternoon... Woo Hoo!

EDIT: Holy cow! What a difference. Going into a house takes about 1 second now instead of 15 or 20. Add a save and it's no more thanis 10 seconds. Huge. I sure hope it also helps with your crashing and freezing sues Milee.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 05:36 AM

I'm going to stack this post because it's on an entirely different note.

Oldman, I just played the endgame again and
Click to reveal..
the guy at the end is definitely not Vesimir. There are all these hints that it could be Alvin. The amulet that Geralt gave him was found on the body of the Grand Master? Is there a time warp here? Is there a sequel in the making? I hope so!
What do you think?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 05:56 AM

Okay, so I let my house just sit, and I played...sue me! lol

I'm not sure, but I think I liked my game play better before the new patch! duh I seem to have some glitches that I didn't before, but then again, this could be due to alot of the previous saves or something...?? And my save game does go faster, but not the other load times.

In any case, I'm excited that so many new players will be jumping on board!

I just got myself into chapter 2...whew! Did anyone else get a good hard battle with that ozeel? He was just vicious! And Nadir was not bad. I was really amazed at the quests I found this second time around! Even the beast was harder this time! crazy

I have to say, I love Geralt's outlook on life, he sure is sure of himself! lol Did anyone besides me think his little dances after the fist fights were really funny? He has a few different ones, and I laugh at each...I just picture him say "yeah!!" evil Maybe this time I should get more into the fist fighting! cool

Now, where is everyone else at? I'm anxious to hear of new players and from old players, to see if the patch is all that and that bag of chips too...at least for you!

Drac...
Click to reveal..
I wasn't sure who it was either, it looked alot like Berenger to me, but we know he was done for, so hmm...I don't think it was Alvin, maybe it was one of the other guys, there were 2 at the start, Lambert, and Eskel..Lambert was a bit surly don't you think? Hmm...this is a good debate!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 06:02 AM

Well, I just never got into the fist fighting stuff. Maybe this time I will give it a go!

I picked the medium level this time. First time I used easy. So far I'm liking my choice. I've not had any issues at all after the patch except for the excellent loading times. I'm looking for all those quests I missed the first time and doing everything as differently as I can!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 06:17 AM

Yeah, I didn't do it the first time either, other than when I had to and then to see if I could make some orens! lol
I noticed his little jig then too. I think he actually does a few different ones! This time I noticed it again, and since I'm trying out everything I see, I may try more, after all, it's not everyday we get to see Geralt do a jig! rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 08:04 AM

Draclvr I think
Click to reveal..
Alvin was the Grand Master and the guy at the end resembled Vesimir except for some grey hair. Geralt also mentioned one time in the game that Vesimir was going to pay. Maybe it was supposed to be left to everyone's imagination and that what one thinks is right for them. I don't know

Anyway I downloaded the patch and am starting to play as a neutral. It should be interesting to so how each side reacts when I take no sides.
Click to reveal..
Haven't made up my mind yet which woman, Triss or Shandi, I'll choose this time around

So far, I have noticed a much faster loading time for saves and entering buildings. So I see a big improvement. However, I'm only in the middle of Act I.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 12:36 PM

I played as a neutral the first time. It was interesting to have everyone after you! I'm going to try to pick the Scoia'tael this time.

I must have missed something.
Click to reveal..
Vesimir is the guy in the beginning who is the leader of the witchers at Koer Mohren and I don't remember anything about him having to pay. Geralt did say that about Berengar though. I ended up killing Berengar, but I think I'll spare him this time...
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 06:55 PM

Argh, why is the fighting so awkwardly badly done now? I click to attack and Geralt just stands there like a moron. Grr.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 07:42 PM

The fighting does take some getting used to. After you draw your sword, click on your enemy. When you get the round icon, strike once. Geralt will do the first round of whichever attack mode you're in. When you see the yellow flamey icon, strike again and he will do the second series. Repeat each time you see the yellow icon until the attack series is completed. Some of them have 4 rounds of chained attacks. I was used to doing all the hacking myself, so this was quite a change. But it really works quite well once you get the hang of it.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 09:45 PM

Draclvr,

I installed the patch and played for almost 3 hours with no problem! The loading times are better, but still not real fast for me. Regardless, they're still fast enough I'm not freezing (yet). The real test will be when I make it to chapter 2 again and into Vizima. If the loading times stay consistent and don't start creeping up on the longer side I'll be okay.

One question. How do you stay neutral? It doesn't seem to be that obvious when decisions have to be made one way or another. At least I didn't see the options clearly when I was in chapter 2 last time.

Thanks,
Marilyn happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 10:35 PM

I think the final decision to stay truely neutral comes much later in the game. I was neutral, but did some battles for both sides earlier.

I am so glad to hear the game has improved for you. No freezes! Let's hope it continues!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 10:42 PM

Yeah, it's hard to stay neutral isn't it? I'm going to try it this time I think, cuz I'm just not ready for everyone on both sides to hate me! lol

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 11:04 PM

Thanks Draclvr! I'll weigh my options and keep closer attention. I have a WT but I seem to check it to late after the fact. I get so lost with all the side quests that I don't know where I am half the time (just like real life) wink.

Looney, I'm like you. I don't want both sides to hate me either and end up not being able to interact with one or the other...especially merchants razz .

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 11:05 PM

Not to mention everyone on both sides attacking you! Did you get your wallpaper yet, looney?

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 11:12 PM

Milee, I really felt bad when Zoltan was telling me off! wink

I sure did Drac, how funny to see Geralt smiling! Thanks! CYE about who all I think is there with him! wink

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 11:13 PM

I was wondering what your take would be on the characters!

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/21/07 11:17 PM

And I'm just sitting here patiently waiting to hear yours! whistle

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/22/07 04:50 AM

Grrrrrrr..... I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall without the patch. With my system the load times were slow, but tolerable, but now I'm hitting glitches that I didn't have before loading the patch. There are entire segmants where the screen goes black and I have no control over anything. During high action scenes I can now see a very distinct line going across the screen showing which sections each vid-card is handling in SLI mode, that was not there before and I do have the latest drivers. Very disappointing.... frown

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/22/07 05:21 AM

Trail, I'm there with ya! I think I have new glitches too, and I like the way the game was running before I used the new patch! I want to do this before I get too far into this round...
Have you played more than once? I'm on my second time...

:santa:

Posted By: Drizzt

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/22/07 09:47 AM

Quote:
The fighting does take some getting used to. After you draw your sword, click on your enemy. When you get the round icon, strike once. Geralt will do the first round of whichever attack mode you're in. When you see the yellow flamey icon, strike again and he will do the second series. Repeat each time you see the yellow icon until the attack series is completed. Some of them have 4 rounds of chained attacks. I was used to doing all the hacking myself, so this was quite a change. But it really works quite well once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, it used to work really great before, but now I'm in the swamp trying to kill those C-something that rises out of the ground. I click once...click twice...wait, nothing happens. I die. Reload. Try again, click frantically this time. Nothing happens. Reload again, and try...sometimes he attacks, sometimes he doesn't. Most of the time he's just standing there like a vegetable.

Re: The Witcher Thread (spoilers probably) - 12/22/07 10:20 AM

Hey everybody, the game thread has about reached its page limit. With some folks playing again, and some starting, it's best that we start a new thread.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community