GB HOMEPAGE

Vampire Bloodlines

Posted By: babyblair

Vampire Bloodlines - 12/31/07 04:55 PM

Hello all and Happy New Year! Since I couldn't find any open threads on this subject I hope it's OK to open this one. Just wanted to let all the Slayers know that the Pilot "KINDRED: THE EMBRACED" COMES ON 01/13/2008. It comes on at 11:30 AM, but I'm not sure of the channel as yet. Nickie I think your read the review as to how it was made based on the game.

It has five clans that I know off since I've only caught bits a peices of it. But the Prince is like the Godfather and he is Ventrue. I know the Toreadors, Bruhjah, Gangrels and another clan is also in it. I plan to have a marathon day that day.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 12/31/07 05:09 PM

Happy New Year to you too babyblair! Yes, I remember the previous posting - no problem posting this, since it's based on the game. Enjoy the show!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 12/31/07 05:21 PM

Oh, please let us know what channel if you find out. I would love to watch this one!
Posted By: hawkavonpuka

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 12/31/07 06:50 PM

Me too!!!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 12/31/07 08:07 PM

Me three evil

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/02/08 11:25 PM

The time date and time has been changed on my TV listing for my county and my state. It is now saying Jan. 14th at Midnight, but it still is not showing a channel. Is anyone showing anything else? I've seen bits and peices of this pilot and it looks really great. I'll keep you posted.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/03/08 01:35 AM

I just looked at TV.com and it said Wednesday (no date) at 8:00 on Fox. But I think that's when it used to be on in 1996. You can buy the DVD on Amazon for about $82!

EDIT: I just looked at the listings on my DirecTV website and it says over January 11, 12 and 13 at different times of the day on the Chiller channel. I didn't even know we had it! I guess with the new hi-def service we got some new channels.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/03/08 02:57 AM

I did a search of tv shows on Oceanic Cable and can't find it anywhere through January 14th. I don't think we have a Chiller channel either.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/03/08 10:57 PM

My still says Jan. 14th, 2008 at 12AM. I'll keep looking. When I saw Chiller I thought it just the Genre. I did see the boxed set on Ebay for $14 plus shipping.
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 12:10 AM

I just started this game and it looks like a lot of fun but I'm still on the tutorial and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

I'm in the sneaking part at the very beginning where I have to learn to sneak past the enemy vampires to a double garage door in or outside? of an alley where there are old junky cars and things and what looks like warehouse doors, but I don't know what double doors the guy is talking about! Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to be going? I can sneak but I get caught because I'm looking for something without knowing exactly what I'm looking for!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 12:40 AM

HERE'S a link to a few walkthroughs if you want to have a look. I haven't played the game so I can't help in another way.
Cathy

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 03:23 AM

Thanks Cathy. I looked at a couple and most don't list that area because it's the tutorial. Thanks though.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 03:40 AM

Melanie1, the double doors are up some steps, just a couple of them. The are just past all the cars on your right. Just stay in the shadows and he won't see you if you stay crouched down.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 04:24 AM

Thanks a million Hawkavonpuka! Now I can move on. At least if I get caught I'll know I was heading for the right place when it happened this time. smile

Are they the steps that are just around that corner, just outside that alley on the right?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 05:26 AM

Yes those are the steps and Jack will be inside there to instruct you further. I don't remember if the door will automatically open or if you have to open it. I am still playing this game, second go, I am trying to sneak past the guards in the bowels of the museum and not doing very well at it. I might go back to it and hang until you catch up. I am trying to finish a few uncompleted games before moving on to new ones. Anyway, I think once you are on the steps that Sabbat can't see you anymore. More sneaking is to come though.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 08:32 AM

Thanks Hawk....
Cathy

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 10:28 AM

Hi Hawkavonpuka,

I got it and went on to kill the hand to hand combat enemy and then the tire iron one with sneaking. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use bloodbuff so I can open a door past my skill. I'm in the basement now. You're right, he couldn't see me once I was on the steps. Once I knew that was the right place, I got there with no problem. smile I wish the movement chart was legible! How do I use bloodbuff? I'm going to have to print out a chart until I know what I'm doing. Not knowing is slowing me down since I have to keep searching to figure out how to do something. frown The chart on the back of the manual can't even be read with a lens it's so tiny!! lol.

That would be great if we were at about the same spot! How far ahead of me are you? I'm also playing Oblivion and go back and forth but want to get a good start on this one first and if you're waiting for me will put Oblivion on hold, especially for the chance to have someone playing with me. smile That would be fun.
I always have a few going at the same time too.

Editt: btw, which patches did you use, all of them? Or just a few? Did you use the console?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/07/08 07:32 PM

I am ahead of you in Los Angeles, I did all the quests I could in Santa Monica. I haven't been playing it though, still trying to get myself through The Hobbit, so I will be hanging out in the museum for awhile.

I do use the console, I actually have myself in "God mode" and have blood at 100 so I don't have to feed. I do anyway for the heck of it, how gross is that? I always get flustered when having to get away from things, so when I managed to finally get the console up I went for it. I was fine all through Grouts mansion, until the end with the flaming ghouls, they are hard.

I am pretty sure I have the game patched, my first play was on a different computer and it was so I must have done the same thing.

Blood buff and any of the other things like that, use your scroll wheel on the mouse to find the one you want, then mouse click to use it, I think it is right click, the opposite of what you use for regular stuff. What clan are you playing, my first game I was Malkavian, this time Toredor. I was able to do stealth better as a Malk, but the Tore is faster on her feet.

I will have to get into the game a bit more to jog my memory on the controls. I didn't even have a manual when I first played, but I found it online somewhere and looked at that. There are a couple of good w/t's out there. It is easy to miss alot of the side quests which give you extra experience points.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 02:07 AM

I guess I better install the console and the rest of the patches then. How do you get in god mode? I guess I better go check one of the cheat sites. So far I haven't had any problems but I'm at the very beginning where it's easy still so I'm sure I'll need it since I never play shooters and from what I've read this is as much a like a shooter as an rpg gets.

I'll try the scroll wheel, thanks. I tried every key already. smile The manual really stinks. It has one paragraph on movement and then a chart on the back that's unbelievably tiny so yyou're not missing much. lol I found a walkthrough that looks good but haven't been using it. I usually use them only when stuck but is it easy to miss things without it that you can't go back to? If so, I might have to print it out and check it more often.

I'm a Toreador also. smile I was surprised at how fast I moved. Well thanks for the help. I lost 3 days with no electricity due to the storms! Now that I'm defrosting again, as long as the electic holds since it's storming again, I'll try and catch up. I have hundreds of emails to catch up on too! scared

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 02:23 AM

Here you go, Melanie! Hope your power stays on, and please stay safe!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 03:40 AM

That's great, Nickie! Thanks! That will be a big help.

I'm more worried about staying warm then safe at this point. lol After living in a house that was 40 degrees for 3 days, I can put up with anything but more cold! evil

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 03:53 AM

Make sure that you bring the console up and enable whatever you want early in the game, in a quiet place. It has a tendency to freeze up the game, I don't know why, maybe cause there are lots of NPC's wandering about. I would print out a list of the quests, it isn't too hard to figure out where they are once they are given to you. It depends alot on what you say to whom also, I make sure I save before talking to anyone, just in case it gets messed up. Two come to mind, the Thin Blood and the lady in the diner.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 04:52 AM

I won't be able to print my quests out because I don't have my laptop hooked to a printer, but if there aren't a lot of them, I can print them all out on the other computer. Are there tons of them?

I'll print up the console commands and add that tonight before I start playing while I'm in that room trying to unlock that door. It's pretty quiet in there. Then I'll try doing the bloodbuff.

I hope to be able to start playing in another hour or so.

Thanks!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 06:31 AM

Here is a link to GameBanshee, it has all the quests on this page and you can link through to the walkthrough/guide. It is alot to print, I would just save it to your favorites, that way you can pull it up on your other computer. Vampire Bloodlines

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 07:28 AM

Thanks, Hawkavonpuka! I have another problem. I got the console set up, put myself in godmode, added dexterity and blood and used bloodbuff and I still can't open that door in the basement and he keeps telling me just go on ahead and that's the only way to go ahead. Shouldn't I be able to go through that door? Oh yeah, I also put on the clip cheat that lets me walk through walls yet I can't do that either. My blood went down when I used bloodbuff too. Are my console commands not working because its the tutorial? Do you think I hit one of the bugs? I can't figure out why I can't open that door and what I should do. I really need the tutorial so don't want to skip it.

Also, how do you get rid of the bloodbuff and the others when you're done with them?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 08:18 AM

Melanie, I think I might be in a better thinking mode tomorrow, I will get back into the game as Hobbit is making me really angry right now. The basement door in the tutorial has to be lockpicked I think. I don't know anything about the walking through walls cheat, I have only used god mode and blood 100. If you use blood 100, it looks like it is going down, but it will replenish. Bloodbuff and the others only last for a short time, it makes a sound, like a heart beating, then it will stop. I took forever to open that door also, the tute will end soon and you will be a vampire on your own, what clan did you pick? I will reload tomorrow so I can help you some more.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 08:54 AM

I'll give the lockpick a try. Thanks, Hawka. I just read on the Gamebanshee site that F8 will close the bloodbuff so I'll try that. TTY tomorrow. Thanks and have a good night.

Edit: I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had been lockpiccking but when I used the bloodbuff I just wasn't moving fast enough. I finally got out of there and am in the pawnshop apt in Santa Monica but all my guns are gone! I had 3. Are they supposed to be? Anyway I'm about to go visit the two people who left me notes if I can figure out how to get there, that is. lol TTYL

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 11:13 AM

The Blood Buff will only last a few seconds. You won't want it shut off if you are using it during a battle!

I don't think you can just walk through the door. You have to use your "use" command. If you are in the tutorial and needed to use lock pick, it should have told you that. Are you getting the little icon on the door that tells you you can open it? If you aren't, that's the wrong door.

I'll let Hawka try to help you out! I'm not going to be home enough the next couple of days.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 11:16 AM

Hi Dracvlr, We must have been typing at the same time. That was it. I wasn't using the bloodbuff fast enough. smile It didn't tell me to use the pick though, it said to use the bloodbuff. I automatically used the pick.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 06:54 PM

I sort of remember that from my first tutorial, I could not figure out how to get out of the door. Wasn't there a card you had to use? It has been a long time, I have to use Bloodbuff when lockpicking or I get the "failed" message.

Yes your guns have disappeared, shocked me too, but you will find some along the way and later on buy some. I only remember having one, Jack was generous with you. Did you set the console at blood100, I think it shows it going down, but then it will go back up again. Draclvr, I would like to shut my bloodbuff etc also, I tend to press it by mistake, thus wasting blood, another good reason for using the blood cheat.

Melanie, when you get out on the streets, take a look at the bus stop signs. They are like little maps so you can figure out where to go. Don't forget to get everything in the apt and don't feed on anyone where you can be seen. You will have the cops after you really fast.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/09/08 08:56 PM

Yes, the card was for another door before that one. This door just needed the blood buff and the lock pick.

Jack only gave me one gun but I picked up another 2 from the guys I killed in the warehouse. He said he wanted his back so I expected him to take one of them but thought I would get to keep the others. frown Not fair. LOL.

I noticed the bus stop signs turning into maps. That's pretty cool. I love the outside. I think I'm going to enjoy this. I searched pretty well so think I got everything in the apt. I came back to the apt to check & note the places I had to go to meet Mercurio and the other person since I didn't write it down yet and am heading out again as soon as I play again.

I haven't tried the F8 to see if it shuts the console down yet but will. I did set the console at blood 100 and I did not go down to 0 blood but did not fill up again either. I went down to about a third left and it didn't fill up more than that. Is that right? I typed in 'blood 100' without the parenthesis. Should I not have a space between blood and 100? The cheat code showed a space, I thought.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 02:14 AM

I was barely able to make out on the back of the manual that the F8 key is to deactivate your vampire disciplines. I don't think the console can be deactivated, but if no longer want to use it, such as the blood, you just type it with a lower number and godmode, I think you type "god" again. I am leaving mine alone, I need all the help I can get. I am going to reload the game for a little while and see if I can remember what I am doing and what keys go to what.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 05:09 AM

I just finished getting the astrolite back and giving morphine to Mercurio and am off on more missions now at the club. I'm leaving mine alone too but what the F8 will do is stop the bloodbuff from using your blood if you're done with it which is handy. smile

If you use the console while playing your game might freeze. Mine did. My wt says only to use it when loading also.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 05:57 AM

The console freezes my game all the time, that is why I leave it alone once it is running. I have a feeling that the console doesn't work if you start the game with auto-run from the CD. You can start it that way, but exit out and start (with the cd in the drive) from the shortcut.

I went back to my game (now in the museum) and have no clue if I got a key I need or not. One of my saves says "got key" so I am assuming I am ok. So I have to sneak through the cameras and not get caught. I could barely remember what key is for what, how quick I forget. One is supposed to do this quest without killing anyone, yeah right, I think that is next to impossible.

You have alot of stuff to do before you get to Los Angeles aka downtown so I will just hang in the museum and see what happens.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 09:36 AM

I've been playing from the shortcut so it should be working but it doesn't seem to be. I don't know because I never played the game before.

Can't you tell if you have the key by looking in your inventory or do you just have too many keys to tell the difference? I know what you mean about forgetting though. I do it all the time if I take a break from a game. Once I start playing it for a while again I remember though. I'm sure you will too. Good luck getting out of there w/o killing. lol.

I can't believe how many quests I have now! smile How do I get to the other side of the town? Is the sewer the only way? I'm assuming I don't go through the dark tunnels, do I? If so, what do I use for light?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 01:24 PM

You can get to the other side of town several ways. One is through the parking garage and another is behind the nightclub. Grab all the quests you can! You will need the experience points later in the game. Nope, you don't get to use light - you're a vampire! The sewers are well-lit anyway and you will be spending plenty of time down there soon.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/10/08 08:47 PM

Here is how to tell if you have the console in the game. Put the game cd in the drive, when it comes up asking you what you want to do, quit out of the game and then start the game from the shortcut or from All Programs. Then all the screens appear, use enter to click past them as they get stale after awhile. The next screen appearing should show the console. I have never been able to enter any info at this point, too bad cause it wouldn't freeze the game up. Close out of the console screen, then the option to launch the game appears. If I launch the game from the cd, I don't see the console screen and I am never able to bring it up using the ~ key.

Draclvr is right, soon you will be running all over the streets and the parking garage, you will know all the shortcuts. I am assuming that I already found the other key I needed, it was supposed to be in the lost and found and I went back there and there was no key. It is not in inventory so I must have used it where I was supposed to. I ran into a guard in the security room by the lost and found and killed him with my bare hands for the heck of it. I had to go back to my save anyway, nobody else came running, he didn't have a chance to shoot at me, hehehehehe!!

Ugh!! I have only the museum and the pestilence quests to do now, yucky, putting that one off for a little while. What clan are you playing, if you are Nosferatu you have to use the sewers, that isn't a good clan to start out with though.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 01:21 AM

Hi Hawkavonpuka & Drakvlr,
I always use the shortcut and the console always automatically comes up after the starting screens. I put in my codes, close the console and then load my game. I just don't see any evidence that the codes are working. Am I supposed to keep the cosole open or save the codes somehow? Maybe that's what's wrong?

I haven't been in the sewers yet but I was talking about those extra dark tunnels at the end of the street. I got the quest for the sewer just haven't gotten there yet. Is anything on the end of that tunnel? I found my way to the other streets through the parking lot and behind the club but it doesn't seem to go far enough. I was looking for the Santa Monica Apartments all the way on the other side.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 01:32 AM

You can't go in those tunnels, they are a dead end. As far as the console, I had to bring it up during the game or the codes did not work. I think I was able to bring it up in the apartment/haven, but you may better luck somewhere on the streets. Then you enter the codes, one at a time. It may take awhile to find a place where it won't freeze the game. You have to be sort of quick when doing it. If you type in your command and close the console, you can open it again and see if what you typed is listed there. It should be the last command listed.

Edit here, the Santa Monica apts (where Mercurio is) take the alley from your Haven, turn right, there are part way down the street. You can't miss them as there is a pool of blood right in front of the steps.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 01:48 AM

Is the apt where Mercurio is the same one as where the bounty hunter is? That's who I'm looking for. I'm finished with Mercurio already. The map looks like its a different place or am I reading it wrong?

Maybe that's what's wrong with my console. I'll try it that way and see if it helps. I'll let you know if that works. I may have been doing it wrong all this time andd actually playing without it working. smile Thanks!

Edit: I tried the console in the apt and I froze but could immediately see that I was right it wasn't working before and this would have worked if I didn't freeze. Will try in another place but can't imagine a quieter place. hmm.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 03:23 AM

The Bounty Hunter's apartment is in the same building as Mecurio, but you won't be able to access it until Kirkpatrick, the Bail Bondsman gives you a key to the apartment. When you finally find him, it is one of the most "interesting" of quests. And that is interesting not in a good way!

For whatever reason, I have never been able to use the console on my computer. I've played the game 3 times with no luck, so I can't help you with that part.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 03:24 AM

A friend who sent me the cheats on my first play said she got it up in the streets, but couldn't inside or in the parking garage.

The bounty hunters apt is across from Mercurios, search it to figure out where to go next. Did you finish the Beach House to get the explosives? It all depends on who you speak to, to get the different quests. So far, I have finished Main Quests, Get the Explosives, Ocean House, Gallery Noir, The Diner, The Spawn of Janus, The Sabbat Warehouse, sides - ease the pain, blackmailing the doc, a pet ghoul, thin blood, the Asian vampire, and werewolf blood in Santa Monica. In Downtown I have done Elizabeth Dane and Missing Malk, no side missions yet.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 03:39 AM

I got it finally! It took several tries and still froze the pc but it loosened up after pressing several keys. I got it inside and outside for different codes.

So far I have the explosives and have to go to the ghost house. I saw Jeanette at the club. I took care of Mercurio. I got the Thinblood quest diary/photo and am finished with the tatoo place Mcgee quest looking for the bounty hunter. I just got the medical modeling and have to go to the beach house through the sewers for Jeanette to finish her quest and the explosive and the hospital to finish the thinblood & werewolf blood quests. I blackmailed the doc & finished the diner. I saved the girl in the hospital too so she will be my ghoul when I go back to the club.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 04:33 AM

Excellent, you will catch me up and pass me in no time. I got Ratatouille in the mail today and I am playing the tutorial in it, cute little game.

The Sabbat warehouse involves a lot of sneaking about and running if you have to. I got lost in there many times and got blown up, but eventually you will get through it. Try a stealth kill if you can, it is neat. You have to be in sneak mode, when you see the skull click your use key and you will kill with whatever is in your hand.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 05:11 AM

I just finished the prosthetics quest and saved Carsen and I think that solved the weird killings? I also got another quest as a bounty hunter but this one is downtown so I won't be doing that until I finish the ones in Santa Monica.

The Sabbat warehouse sounds tough. I'll try that. I remember that from the tutorial. It was pretty cool but I only did it once. I'm not very good at sneaking yet or at fighting with a gun since I never played a shooter before but I'm enjoying this game a lot. smile

Edit:
I'm stuck: I tried to climb the stairs in the haunted house and they broke and I wound up in the basement and I'm stuck there. I can't find a way out. Help! Does anyone remember how to get ou t of the basement?

I have a choice now of the 2 hospital quests or the sewer and think I'll take the sewer and ghost and the hospital next. I was in the hospital already several times and have that one solved to the point where at least I know where I don't have to go. lol. I just have to find the right part now. I found all the freezers. Weird how you can play with the boxes of blood but can't open them. smile One would think...........
Posted By: Robert

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Melanie1
I'm more worried about staying warm then safe at this point. lol After living in a house that was 40 degrees for 3 days, I can put up with anything but more cold! evil

Well bless your heart, girl. I hope you have a fireplace smile. If not, I'd be getting me a kersosene space heater if I were you. What's really tough is getting out of the shower in a cold house like that. I shudder to think about it.

I've been wanting to join in when a bunch of you start this game. Looks like I've missed out again. Someone PM me the next time you guys start playing. I've got the game sitting on my shelf. I started playing it once when I first got it and kinda lost interest because the computer I was having to play it on at the time didn't have very good specs, and all the load screens were taking forever. I should be able run it fine now.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 08:26 AM

Melanie just started Robert - jump on in! devilchili

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 10:21 AM

Hi Robert,

Like Nickie said, I'm still at the very beginning. Join in now! We'd love to have more company. It won't be hard for you to catch up at all. Hawkavonpuka is waiting for me to catch up since I just started a few days ago. We can wait for you too.

Shower? Are you kidding? Ice cold showers in a 40 degree house? No thank you! I don't think we were sweating much anyway. lol We stayed dirty! Hands and faces and teeth were all that got clean around here! smile Thank goodness though we do have a fireplace so at least one room was about 5-10 degrees warmer depending on the time of day and condition of the fire. I was cooking soup and grilling cheese sandwiches on the fire. Was that a joke! Most of the time we ate out though. Everything in this house runs on electric! One of the first things I did when the power came back on was soak in a hot bubble bath with a good book (something else I missed, can't read in the dark!).

I finally got out of the haunted beach hotel! Yeah! Another one almost done. I can't find Theresa now. Just her bratty sister with another quest for me. lol.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 01:14 PM

Didn't you just love Mr. Gimble? lol

The haunted hotel is the quest that nearly scared me out of my chair late one night. You are supposed to fall through the stairs. You have a bunch of things to do down there, so check everything out. There is one wall you have to break down and crouch to crawl through. Ran into any ghosts yet? Eventually you will have to go down to the boiler room to turn on the power so the elevators work. That's where I got so scared one night I had to quit playing! Hawka remembers that! You also have to find something in the laundry room - verrrrry creepy.

This was my first RPG too and it totally hooked me. Of course, if it has anything to do with vampires, I read or play it!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/11/08 01:19 PM

Robert, I've got a new game started too, so jump on in. It won't take long for you to catch up.

I DID take a shower in a 35 degree house once! We were without electricity for 7 days during a 20+ inches snow storm. The rest of the house was warm because we only used a wood stove for heat anyway. But the heat just didn't reach back to the bathroom on the other side of the house. I just couldn't stand myself after 4 days! We had a generator that would pump the water, but didn't have enough to heat it. Bracing to say the least!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/12/08 03:31 AM

Robert, go for it, at the rate I am going Melanie1 will pass me by shortly. I just can't seem to get into it right now, my first play I was obsessed and couldn't stop.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/12/08 05:06 AM

Draclvr, I agree with you about Gimble! I followed him immediately! lol

The boiler room was really scary in that haunted house! I couldn't wait to get out of there! That was one of the scariest parts of a game I've played. I really didn't know what to expect.

Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/12/08 05:21 PM

I'm still palying too-- inbetween some other newer games-- jump on in Robert wave

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/13/08 05:22 AM

I'm glad to hear so many are playing! I just finished dropping off the werewolf blood and didn't get paid. I hope the money's there the next time I go home. I can use it. lol I enjoyed the werewolf blood quest.

I'm off to my next quest now. Probably will do the gallery.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/13/08 07:51 AM

The next time you go into your apartment building you money will be there! I usually just go outside and then go right back in to get it.

Ah, yes. Slashterpiece. Have fun!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/13/08 08:06 AM

I did that already and it wasn't there but thought maybe i didn't give it enough time. That's weird. I'll try again. I hope I didnd't have a glitch. I'm down to only $65. smile

Edit: It was there this time! I thought I put the blood in the mailbox but I didn't. lol. It was my fault. I had to really put it in this time first.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/13/08 05:44 PM

I've never done that... whistle Oh, no... Actually, if I fess up I think I've done it twice!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 01/15/08 06:45 AM

Silly me! lol I don't know why he wouldn't pay me for nothing! Oh well!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/09/08 03:55 AM

Hey gamers, I'm back playing as a Ventrue. I've played every other clan female so this is my last. I even perservered as a Nosferatu and finished. I just had five rounds with Jezabell and she kicks my butt everytime. I had a real hard time with Jezabell as a Toreador. I kicked her --- all the other times. What's every one playing as? Robert join on in!

Hawkavonpuka I would love to know how you thought up your name? I laugh when I see it. We have spoke back and forth many times and I always wanted to ask is that your real last name or what? Please tell!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/09/08 05:28 AM

Great! Another player! I had to take a break because of my thumb. It was agony and wouldn't let me play. I had an x-ray and I'm waiting for results but it's feeling a little better so i may be able to get back to the game soon. I'm in Hollywood now and about to go back to the ship.

I've wondered about your name too, Hawkavonpuka. smile

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/09/08 04:01 PM

I will let Hawka tell her story name, but just as a teaser, it has to do with a horse and holes in the head, whistle

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 12:59 AM

That is a teaser! Hey Hawka, Drac through me a crumb, I can't wait to hear the story. Who are you guys playing as?

Pat

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 03:11 AM

I'm a Torrie this time, but had to put it aside for a few months while I carried on my affair with Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I'm a Torrie this time

Me too. smile What are you?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 08:57 AM

Oh look what happens when I am off the computer all day long? Fun fun!! What first, I am playing as a Toredor and am still stuck in the museum trying not to be seen, yeah right. I keep going back to a save since I keep messing up. Just for the heck of it I went in and started killing all of them, had to get it off my chest. Haven't been back since, and sincerely need to get motivated to refinish the game. Meanwhile I have been playing Ratouille and Pandora's Box for the second time.

My name, it was my nickname for my very beloved Appaloosa gelding whose real name was Winterhawk, he died in a tragic accident in 2002. For short I called him Hawk or Hawka. When the horses were moved from a ranch boarding to pasture, I had to call the horses when I went there. The horses there were Hawka, Dollar Boy and Blondie. Blondie (gelding not fem) never came when called, Dollar always did and Hawka would when he knew it was me. So I called first, Hawka, then Hawka Von, then Hawkavonpuka (puka means hole in Hawaiian, pronounced poo ka). He would always come running since he knew it was me calling him. He never did come for anyone else, oh I still miss him so much.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 09:38 AM

I'm sorry for your pain Hawka. We're so lucky to be gifted with special animals in our lifetime that are so precious, and the memories we can cherish. Very hard to cope with their loss, but harder still, I think, if we never opened our hearts to them.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 06:23 PM

That's why I wanted Hawka to tell her story - it's a very personal one, but it's a great on-line identity!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 07:34 PM

I had him for fourteen years and was actually scared to ride him for the longest time. Finally we figured each other out, but I was never brave enough to ride him out alone, though my daughter and son did all the time. It was a combination of a wuss horse and a wuss rider. My pain is mostly that I was not able to help him when he was hurt, we tryed for hours, vet was out of town and the other I called was going to be awhile. I don't think anything could be done for him anyway, he was down way to long.

Anyway, I am hawkavonpuka everywhere I go on the internet and of course know one else can ever have my screen name.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 08:56 PM

That's why it's such a great one! It's yours and yours alone...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/10/08 11:18 PM

That's certainly a special story. It's great to have a name like that. I use a special name like that too on a few forums but wasn't able to change it here.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/12/08 02:46 AM

I'm sorry to bring up old pain. I'm a dog person myself and horses are amazing animals and I wish I had a way with them. I've had some bad experience with a horse therfore I am afraid of them, but truely respect them. They are a magnificant creature with astounding beauty.

You truely have a special name that cannot be replicated.

Game on everyone!
Pat

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/12/08 03:06 AM

Hello again, I just finished the Grout mission and I didn't download any of the patches this time. I had deleted the game awhile ago and forgot about the patches. I only got one point for that quest and it didn't register on my log. LIVE & LEARN! I did quickly look throught this thread and didn't see any link so off I am looking for patches I once had. LOL.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/12/08 04:41 AM

So babyblair, are you going to the museum next or do you have the Plaguebearers quest. I am stuck in the museum, I don't sneak as well as I did as a Malk.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/13/08 03:36 AM

Hawka, I never got through the museum without getting caught at some point and having to fight and I've played at least 7 times. I do have the Plaguebearers quest, but I'm love on point and money. I think it's a glitch in the game that I don't get credit for the missions I've completed. I did download the 2.1 official patch, but is there another patch that would be more usefull. Has everyone else used a patch and if so what patch did you use? Thanks!
BB

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/13/08 06:35 AM

I know I patched it, but don't remember which one and I can't find it!!! It does give me credit for whatever I have done.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/13/08 10:57 PM

Seems to me this happened on the first game I ever played as a Toreador and I did finish the game with the help of the Slayer, and a lot of labor. I just run out of money and low on point so It make it impossible to procure the goods I need and with little points for the things I do don't help me strengthen or upgrade any skills. I think the same is happening again.

Hawka, I think I do have the museum quest. I have lots of quests still; I'll have to check and get back to you.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/13/08 10:58 PM

Oh, sorry for an extra message, but how do I get an avatar? Hawka I am in the museum now and I have made it downstairs and just got the perscription bottle off the desk and picked the lock to go downstairs.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/14/08 12:28 AM

Babyblair, go to My Place at the top of the forums. Then click on My Profile and at the bottom of the page, you can pick one from the stock avatars if you want.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/14/08 04:16 AM

I finished with the top floor of the museum and am by the steps downstairs trying to get past the camera. I guess I am not really paying attention to what it is doing. When I played as a Malk, I went the other way on the green line and used Obsfucate to hide from the guard, then followed them down the hall. Guess I have to start shooting again.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/14/08 07:25 AM

Hi BabyBlair,

I downloaded a few patches. I think a 2.4 also. File Front has the patches if I remember correctly. Just search for the game and you'll find them.

You two are ahead of me though. I've gotten credit for all I've done so far though.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/15/08 02:09 AM

I think my game is OK, it's my mind that is not. LOL. I did get credit after the Grout mission but only after I reported back to the Prince.

Hawka, this is how I handled the museum and it seemed to be key. I didn't used weapons only combat and I got through it and didn't get any grief from from the prince. When I was in the computer room to disable the cameras 1 and 2 I could only disarm one at a time. A guard shot at me and I croutched down in a corner and he finally went away and I took no damage. The guard left and disabled the other camera. Oh I did beat up and fed on a few though. Life after that was good.

BB

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/15/08 09:13 PM

Maybe that was the problem, I didn't hide long enough, patience with me is not a virtue.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/16/08 09:17 PM

Has anyone seen Barb? I am surprised she hasn't be on board. I hope she is doing OK. Although she has played this game more than I have. LOL.
Posted By: Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/17/08 04:43 PM

I'm still here, Pat. smile I've been engrossed in Call of Cthulhu and then Bioshock. I've played Bloodlines so many times & love it, but I need something new sometimes.

As for the museum, I've NEVER been able to do it without killing anyone. I know the prince tells you NOT to get caught, but it doesn't seem to make any difference if you do.

I think the next time I play, I'm going as a Gangrel. That's my favorite, & the Animalism spells are awesome!

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/18/08 12:22 AM

Good to hear from you Barb. As I said though I killed, but not with any weapons and the Prince didn't scold me. So I think that it the key to that quest. I'd love to find a new game after this, but not sure if I need to update computer. Don't know what's out there. The last game I bought, can't remember what it was, I couldn't play. It was a $60 game. You probably remember. Take care!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/18/08 10:34 AM

Did you get Gothic 3? I know you played the first two. I had to upgrade my computer to play it.

We're leaving for Alabama tomorrow for a week. It'll be nice to get out of the snow for a while! I think I'll be ready to play Bloodlines again when I finish Bioshock. I'd also like to play Redemption again with everybody. That's still my favorite game.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/18/08 04:15 PM

Hope you have a great trip Barb!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/18/08 06:13 PM

Thanks, Nickie. I may be able to check the board while I'm down there.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/28/08 01:35 AM

Barb, the game was Oblivion. I never got Gothic 3. Guess who else might be joining in soon. The Slayer. I've emailed her lately and she is going to try it out on he laptop. Be nice to have her back.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/28/08 10:58 AM

I'm back. It would be great to see Lucca on the board again. I hope she can get on.

Pat, I didn't remember that you got Oblivion. You say you couldn't play it? It's really a good game.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 02/28/08 11:56 PM

Hey Barb, you are right I do have Gothic 3. Can't remember if it worked or not. Geez, maybe I played it and can't remember. That would be pretty bad huh? Oblivion did not work on my machine. Lack of something, can't remember what. Then I got busy with other things. Lucca is thinking of playing as a Gangrel.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/02/08 01:43 AM

I am now at the most frustrating part of the game. I cam dealing with opening the door in Ming's temple the one with the water wheel. I thought I wrote specific notes on that darn door, but I can't find them. Wish me luck.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/02/08 05:28 AM

I hated that door with a purple passion, I can't even remember what I did to finally get it to open. It is a sliding sort of movement, I think, hateful thing.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/02/08 08:03 AM

Heavens, yes. That was the worst thing to get to work. I think about the third time through the game I had it figured out. Somehow I have a feeling if I tried again I would be back at square one. Hateful thing, indeed...

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/02/08 03:34 PM

The trick there is to save your game in front of the door. Then load the game & it will work! I read that somewhere & I don't know WHY it works, but it does! laugh

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 12:12 AM

I did remember about saving and I did that and it didn't work. It did work though after I shut my entire computer down, and rebooted and started the game back up. Go figure!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 02:43 AM

Hey, did you guys give up? I just had about 15 rounds with Ming. I HATE HER! I get so close, but not close enough. MING MUST DIE BEFORE I GO TO BED. I have 5 packs of blood and keep using different strategies. I will win this battle. Game on everyone!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 04:05 AM

Been there and done that, babyblair! Hang in there!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 05:12 AM

MING IS DEAD! SOON THE PRINCE WILL BE TOO. I do love this game because it is such a challenge. I can't think of any other game that can compete/compare with this one. What happened to the faces we could make?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 08:07 AM

Do you mean the smilies? Switch to your full reply screen.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/03/08 11:30 PM

Thanks Nickie, but I don't see how to change to full screen. I thought I was on a full screen. Oh, and yes I meant the smiles, grins etc. I also can't activate a avatar. Somebody told me how to and I went there and thought I activated one, but I don't see it. I know it's possible also to add your own. My question with this is, will the picture shrink itself? Nerd I'm not.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/04/08 12:00 AM

If you're just writing in the block that appears after the last person't post, that isn't the full screen. Either click reply at the bottom of their post, or click on the block beneath this empty block that says "switch to full reply screen." There you'll have lots of symbols to click on that do various things - the smilies are the furthest to the right.
For your avatar, click on my place above the topic, then "my profile". There you can select an avatar. There's also the ability to add your own if the picture is small enough, but no it won't shrink itself. You can search for that topic on mixed bags I think - I know there are folks over there that have done it - but not me.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/04/08 10:10 PM

Thanks Nickie! I've missed this diabolical little grin
I'll work on an avatar and I'll search that other site. Again, thank much!

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/14/08 01:35 AM

Well, I've finished this game. I think I played every clan. I'll have to double check. But it was great as usual.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/14/08 01:39 AM

Congrats! You all must really love the game. Do you think it was better than Redemption?

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/14/08 01:58 AM

I've been having this serious itch to replay Redemption. Babyblair, I'm curious to know what you thing about Bloodlines as opposed to Redemption too! I think I like the characters in Redemption better, but Bloodlines has a special place for me as my first RPG.

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/14/08 01:13 PM

Hey there, Drac! I know what Pat will say - she thinks Bloodlines is the best game ever made! I agree that it's a great game, but Redemption is my all-time favorite. (I think I'm in love with Christof) lol When you want to play Redemption, I'll join you. It will be a week or so before I can, though.

Barb

Re: Vampire Bloodlines - 03/16/08 12:57 AM

Yup! Barb is correct Drac! Redemption is still good and I like it very much. I find it hard to manage people in this game. Actually I find it hard to manage people all together. I have great leadership skills, but the leadership skills I have has to do with fun stuff like parties, weddings, events like that, not work or combat.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community