GB HOMEPAGE

The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers

Posted By: threads

The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/03/08 06:18 PM

It seems raather silly for me to start this thread as for months I've hardly been around.

Today actually found time to load the game (am still in chapter 2 even although I was one of the first to get the game) but still have eye problems and need to read everything with my trusty magnifying glass.

Discovered myself standing outside the Tower with Raymond - and the tower was locked. For obvious reasons have not been referring to the paperwork collected here on my desk so should not be surprised I've gone right off the rails.

As it looks as though I'll could be loading the game tomorrow (twice in the same week - things must be looking up lol) can anyone get me back on tracks please?

The neh'tza sephirah is missing. It seems I've jumped the gun - there is another long section to play - thought I was, at last, heading into chapter 3. duh

Suppose I really want guiding back from the swamp to where I can start the next leg. Do I walk back to the ferry? Do I stop by and visit Vaska? or what.

Also the Elder Druid has not shown one bit of interest in me except to sell me odds and ends. And I've carried that flipping wolf pelt with me for months trying to tempt Morran but the dialogue hasn't changed since the day she mentioned wanting a wolf pelt.

Will be back tomorrow, feel almost sure about that. yay devilchili broccoli rolleyes

Alice wave
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/03/08 07:19 PM

Regarding the sephirah you're missing - not sure how much you've done of this - you have to talk to Vashka to get the tarot card, which you need to show to Kalkstein. He'll tell you that you need a lightning rod. Have the blacksmith make one for you. After that you'll need to find the golem, and talk to the elder druid about starting a storm (it cost a bunch - 500 orens I think). Then you have to place the rod and fight the golem (he'll have the card on his body).
I've forgotten exactly when the conversation changed with Morenn. But I remember it didn't happen when I first had the pelt.
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/03/08 10:37 PM

As far as Morenn is concerned
Click to reveal..
If she asked you for a wolf pelt and you obviously have it, you click on her for a conversation tree and choose "We spoke of where little Dryads come from" and then you should have the option to give her the pelt. Then if you want Geralt to get intimate with her choose "Sex without intimacy can be good" and then Sex relieves stress etc.

I'm relying on my memory here but I think that is the conversation tree. Anyway it should get rid of the wolf pelt and if not, then your quest is broken.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 09:57 AM

Nickie and oldman - many thanks for th swift reply. When I load the game I'll make my way back via Vashka. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 12:43 PM

I hated that Golem fight - it wasn't hard, but it was so long and tedious. Good luck, Alice!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 05:04 PM

Also Alice, there are two ways to win that fight. The long and tedious way does get you lots and lots of experience points, so I think it's the better option. But there's a fast, easy way to win too, so yell if you need it.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 05:19 PM

thumbsup Thanks everyone - kissy I'm in chapter 3. Not far, am still in Triss's room. Unfortunately had to pull the plug as it is now time to prepare for tomorrow. Doubt if the game will be loaded again until Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed - see the optician again on Saturday.

yay devilchili broccoli happydance

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 06:00 PM

Yay! Moving right along! Good luck with the optician sweetie.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/04/08 10:11 PM

Hi smile

I got my Witcher Newsletter today and it contained this paragraph ....

"Aside from the value-packed retail version, the new content and improvements (including a DVD with the D'jinii Mod Editor, as well as two additional adventures) will be available to registered users in the form of a free downloadable update!"

I hardly ever bother to register games and probably didn't register The Witcher (can't remember) so I might have to "negotiate" for the free download eek

What do you think ??

Cheers.

Mad think

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/05/08 07:47 AM

I don't think you'll have any problem - register the game now.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/05/08 11:03 AM

Hi nickie smile

Thank you for that line of comfort thumbsup grin

EDIT :
I've just discovered from my "Game Notes" that I did, in fact, register !!
[Just imagine how dangerous I could be if I ever get more than the half brain I currently have rotfl]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/05/08 05:02 PM

Ah Mad, I think many of us have this strange but wonderful ability to forget many things like that. My father who is in his late eighties was complaining bitterly to me the other day about starting to lose his short term memory. He felt considerably better when I told him that I at a little more than half his age often can't remember why I went into a room. grin

Also interesting in that newsletter was this:
"We are proud to announce that the company’s debut video game production, The Witcher, has sold more than 600,000 copies worldwide in just three months. The exceptionally warm welcome given to The Witcher by media and gamers around the world facilitated the commercial success of our game.

The success was commented on by Adam Kiciński, CD Projekt RED Joint CEO: “We are very happy with The Witcher’s performance to date. Our goal was — and still is — to reach one million copies sold during the first year. 600,000 games sold in just three months brings us much closer to this ambitious goal."

Pretty good for this first time effort from the Polish development team!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/06/08 11:45 AM

Hi nickie smile

"Pretty good for this first time effort from the Polish development team!"

Too right !!

And let's hope it's only the first of many !! grin

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: maggie57

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/07/08 06:41 AM

Hi-

I think I have been lucky and found a great Strategy Guide at guides.gamepressure.com it does not cost anything, except time to download and the paper you use, it is 290 pages long. It gives hints, walkthroughs, fighting, how to fight, get food, anything to do with the game at all. All you have to do is sign up at gamepressure in order to download the guide. It is in PDF Format, which is nice, so I printed it, took over an hour and then saved it in my documents. Just in case anyone wanted the information.

maggie wave luck

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/07/08 06:58 AM

We've linked to that site a lot - it's very good.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/07/08 07:13 AM

Nickie-

I am happy to know that, just got my game back, our son had it, so I will be starting over. So it will help me too.

Thanks

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/07/08 07:55 AM

Hope you have lots of fun playing it Maggie!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/07/08 12:23 PM

Me too - I used it several times. The maps were especially helpful.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 03:09 AM

Hi Dradvr and Nickie-

Glad to hear that the maps were good. Got it downloaded last night and printed, have it all together, think I will put it in a binder of some sorts. I will do some reading on it about the fighting, so I do not get killed, although I have a trainer in the wings if I need it.

Thanks again

maggie wave thanks broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 03:38 AM

I'm sure you will get killed more than once, maggie! Wait until you have to face these huge, evil plants in the swamps. I've played twice, so want to wait to play again until the upgrades come out this spring, so I'm hoping you join Alice in playing so I can live vicariously through you guys! We're all learning to share Geralt - as difficult as it is.

I'd have to say the only way to get used to the fighting is to dive right in. The tutorial part in the beginning is very helpful in helping you to figure it out.

Hope to hear more from you as you get into the game.....

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 08:48 AM

It does take some adjusting to overcome the urge to madly click away when you have enemies all around you. If you do that, it puts Geralt off balance - there's just a different rhythm to his fighting, but you'll get used to it in no time I'm sure.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 10:30 AM

Hi - have only got a minute as I have a dentl appointent.

Glad I'm not the only one pottering about near rhe beginning of the game. Can anyone tell me how to a) get Kriss to start a dialogue where I can report the Source thingys are in place b) Start a dialogue with her concerning Alvin c) when do I get an opportunity to make a potion to drink which will allow me to increase my Strength when I level up?

Actually cannot really understand leveling up.

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 03:31 PM

I have to agree, Alice, that the whole "leveling up" screen was pretty intimidating when I first saw it. You won't get a potion to increase strength when leveling up. When you have enough points, you will receive bronze, silver and gold talents. Mostly you will get bronze talents for a long time into the game. Then you look on the left at the different places you can "spend" your talents. If you want strength, it's at the top. Click on it and you will be given options on the coin looking display on the rest of the screen. It will show you which ones can only use bronze talents which are mostly to the left of the coin thingie. You can hover your mouse over each one to see what it will give you. Then just do the same with each of the other places to spend such as silver sword/strong or steel sword/fast or perhaps one of your signs such as Igni.
Posted By: fildil

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 03:42 PM

Well I caved in and started the game again this week. grin This time through I'm still playing on the easy level, but I'm taking my time and I click on everybody I see. I've already played 3 or 4 quests that I missed the first time around. I would like to find out who censored this game. Since I'm listening to everybody, I'm aware of the strong language that's used in the game. I'm not complaining because, sadly I think, this is the language of today. What I will complain about is the censor OKd the language, but won't let you see a naked lady! I don't care if I see naked ladies either, but what kind of double standard is it that you can hear things, but can't see things. Sorry, my personal vent. lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 05:17 PM

Back for another rushed moment.

I agree with you Fil - absolutely.

Draclvr - I was really talking, for example, about the Strength Trees - the character has to imbibe a mutagenic potion to complete the first leg of the tree - until then one cannot complete any of the strength trees.

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 05:31 PM

You don't have to use that particular circle at all. You can go on to the next row, if the first circle in the row has been selected. For example, I has to be highlighted before you can use the row with II. II has to have been selected before you can access III. You don't have to complete circles in order - in fact, I wouldn't, but instead jump to the highest circle that will light up that does what you need.But the first circle in any row has to be given a talent before the row can be used. Is that clear or no?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 07:28 PM

Oh, I see. Yes, what nickie said. I don't think I ever did use the mutagenic potion one the first time I played.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 07:33 PM

I didn't either Drac. In fact, until later in the game when I had bronze talents just sitting there, I didn't fill in a lot of the first row in the various categories. Actually ended with bronze talents unused, there were so many of them.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/08/08 09:34 PM

I think I had about 10 of them left over the second time through with nothing to spend them on. I wish I could have changed them in for a silver or gold talent!
Posted By: syd

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 12:31 AM

Just thought I'd bop in to announce that Geralt and I finished our affair this morning [sigh]. I am now on my 15th restart of Morrowind. I am bound and determined to finish it this time around.

Loved, loved, loved the game. A bit confused on a few things but over all I give it a solid thumbs up and I sure hope there's a sequal or two or three or four laugh

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 02:47 AM

Hi, syd. I thought we'd lost you for sure! It was indeed great, wasn't it? Glad you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 05:35 AM

Drac-

Can I play the game without the DVD in, I am in the tiny village of Vizima, just killed a bunch of beastly dogs and saved a boy. By fighting, I take it I have to click slow, that is what I am doing and it seems to work,I am left clicking on my mouse when I need to, so far all I have fought are dead. I am glad I have that huge Strategy Guide, I would be stuck forever. I will be slow on this game, but constant I hope and does anyone have any idea how many hours, days or months, years????? rotfl it takes to finish it, I am not in a hurry, just wondering if by then I will be in a walker???
lol By the way, I love the game, it is perfect.

Thanks

maggie wave catrub thumbsup

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 08:29 AM

I'm not Drac, but no, the game doesn't play without the DVD. Glad you're enjoying it Maggie. It isn't really that long, or anyway it is a good length but we all liked it so much that it was a shame it wasn't Morrowind size.
One thing Geralt does, if he needs to get away from the fighting - you can click to one side, and he does some really acrobatic moves getting away from them. You can also sometimes use that move if you've clicked too quickly and he doesn't fight because he's off balance.

Congrats on finishing Syd! Did you see the previous thread that said there will soon be two additional adventures for Geralt, free by download to registered game owners?

Threads, missed your other two questions, hope you have been able to figure that out. You should be able to click on Triss when you get back to her house about placing the sensors - not sure why you aren't getting the conversation,if the sensors are all where they need to be. Could you have missed placing one? As to your other question - did you give Alvin to Triss or to the other gal? If makes a difference - if you did give him to Triss, she tells you to tell the other gal about it, around the same time she gave you the sensors.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 12:34 PM

Nickie and Drac. If I remember correctly, taking the Strength tree as an example, there are four branches but am unable to complete them because the first branch cannot be completed - Geralt has to imbibed a mutatgenic potion - it look as though I'm playing a different game from anyone else.

One potion (I presume one has to find the ingredients and mix it oneself) is Dagon Sap, another Frighteners Vision, or Golem's Pith, or Hellhond's Soul, or Kikimore's Ire, or Koshchey's Core, or Striga's Urge, Werewolf's Wrath, or Zeugi Vigor. This information was taken from the GameBanshee walkthrough information.

With, for example, Strength, I have some of each tree filled BUT the green disc at the top of each tree. They are not highlighted and no way I can do that.

rolleyes
Posted By: syd

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 02:55 PM

Hi Drac - nope you didn't lose me - I just haven't had much time to play or do much else other than work lately. I should have been working yesterday but played "hookie" with Geralt for a few hours instead and even though I'm going to be sorry today it was totally worth it laugh

I saw that thread Nickie. I'll have to reload the game and this time register it. Did hate to see it end.

Maggie - all in all it took me four months to play but that wasn't constantly playing every day. You are in for a treat with this one.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 03:16 PM

It's difficult to give you an answer without seeing your board. Sometimes the top ones appear to already have been selected and actually aren't - I'm sure though that you clicked on them to be sure, if it was possible. How many circles are selected so far in that attribute? Do you have others in other rows selected? Have you received any silver talents yet, or just bronze? Is it just in strength that you have a problem, or other attributes as well?
Again, the row does not have to be completed prior to going on to the next. If you wish to select some skill that has a II on it though, you do have to first select the I level in that skill. Some skills require you to be more advanced in a completely different attribute.Have you selected from each attribute?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/09/08 10:21 PM

Hi-

My game keeps quitting, I do have the 1.2 patch and I am using the 1.2 trainer, any reason that anyone would know about? If I take the game off, to put it back on with a different patch, would I lose all my saves? Also my game is not on the desktop where I want it, how do I get it there. In Vista we have a folder for games, but I like the desktop.

Thanks

maggie think think smashpc wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 12:06 AM

That happened to several of us and we went back to the previous (second) patch. None of us were playing with the trainer as far as I know though, so I don't know how or if that has some effect. Yes, you'll lose your saves - you have to copy them to some where else on the computer if you want to save them, and to take off the patch you have to uninstall the game and then re-install.
I couldn't get the game to make a working desktop shortcut the normal way, so I don't know. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 12:56 AM

Nickie-

I took the game off and did the first patch and I am using that trainer, they work great. When I put my game back on all the saves were there. I have a working shortcut on the start menu, odd, but it works. I am still in Vizima, have to light the lights at night.

Thanks for all your help.

maggie wave thumbsup praise praise praise praise catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 02:09 AM

That's good to know - on the site they say that you will lose the saves. I don't know if Vista makes a difference with that - I lost my saves with XP. laugh Didn't matter though, I enjoyed playing it again.
Yes, I have that start up shortcut too, but couldn't put the logo on the desktop.
Hope you have a fantastic time playing!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 02:17 AM

Nickie- bravo

The only thing I can think of (not being a tech) is that it has to be because of Vista. I pictured myself starting over again, but had not gone that far. Yes, I love the game and hope to have great fun.

Thanks

maggie wave
Posted By: looney

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 02:19 AM

Hey Nickie! wave

To get the icon on the desktop, just right click on it. You'll get a list, see "send to"? It has a little arrow by it, hover your mousr there and then from that list click "desktop (create shortcut).
It'll be right on your desktop! yes

I'm so glad to see new people playing! It makes me verrry antsy for the new stuff so I can play again! tomato

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 04:15 AM

Linda-

My list does not say send, any ideas?????????????

Thanks

maggie think wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 08:00 AM

Looney, thanks - I tried that, but for some reason the icon wouldn't work. Desperate to see Geralt, I ditched the idea and just used the link from the recently used stuff from the start up. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 11:26 AM

Well, you can both try the old drag and drop trick too...just right click on the icon, hold, drag it over to the desktop and drop it.

I'm a little desperate to see Geralt myself...is it May yet? lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 05:23 PM

Hi - this leveling-up business still bothers me. Only managed to load the game for the odd hour late this afternoon.

Was at the point where Geralt was wondering "Where is the big door" after getting out of the sewers. Hadn't a clue so switched to another Quest. Visited Shani after leaving her in charge of Alvin, This time she accepted my ring - and received a Card - then popped over to the Trade Quarter to break the news to Kriss. At that point I leveled up and the more than displeased Triss allowed me to meditate.

In the Hero's panel did my usual thing (!) but this time was told to 'Right click and hold the POWER UP SIGN.' What or where is the Power Up Sign? The manual and its sketches gives no indication it even exists.

Hoping someone can enlighten me rolleyes

Be back tomorrow - with luck. Depends of real life.

Alice

PS - Shani would not accept any ring but stated she wanted a Silver Ring with an amber stone. Last time I played I visited every merchant I could find, not one had a ring like that. Today I discovered the ring in my storeroom at Hairy Bears Inn. Am I dumb, or am I dumb?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/10/08 05:59 PM

There's so much going on in the game, there's a lot to remember. grin
To use a specialized skill - say fighting for example, while engaged in a bout, a special icon will appear on your screen - when it appears, right click and hold, release, to use the specialized skill. I found it difficult to get that part right, easy to miss the timing with the icon. Is that what you're asking? There's also power up places throughout the game that you can use, which is something different.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/11/08 03:35 AM

Looney-

The old Drag and Drop works, it is now on my desktop. Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs

maggie wave catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/11/08 11:23 AM

After I leveled up to it, I quit using the right click and hold, it always seemed too slow for me. Whenever i tried it, it seemed like I would get hit too many times before fully powered up! And a few times I would get "spell failed" after waiting for the power up. rolleyes

Glad it worked for ya Maggie! grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 04:10 AM

In or near the town of Vizima I am suppose to find a plant called a white leaf myrtle. It is to be used to put the boy who was saved under a spell, so he can help. Can someone point the direction of the plant, I have looked everywhere for it.

Thanks so much

maggie think smashpc wave

Looney, how did you level up so you do not have to use the right click? I am finding it easy, but would love to level up.

Nickie-

Can you or someone tell me how to get the Spider Crypt quest in the sewers, can I do it in part 2, I have the key, but not the quest????

Thanks

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 04:14 AM

maggie, they are all over the place. However, you won't be able to recognize them unless you have either found or purchased the correct book on identifying these plants. Find an Antiquarian and see if you can buy it from him. A warning - the books are very expensive! But you can sell them back to most Antiquarians after you have read them.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 04:40 AM

Drac-

Thanks so much, have several books but not that one, I will buy it, I have the money. Thanks so much for helping me.

Drac-

I bought the book, I have found the plant, what do I do with the book, I left clicked and it told me what was in it, that is all I seem to be able to do?????????

Thanks

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 06:18 AM

You need to right click it in inventory, and then the information goes into your journal. The book will then indicate it has been read, and you can sell it.
You can also purchase plants from various people without having the ability to identify them. Great to have the book knowledge, but if you find yourself short of cash (and some of them are expensive!) there's the other thing to do.Plus finding the books if you're lucky, of course.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 07:15 AM

Nickie-

I did right click it in inventory and the information went into my journal.
But when I go to the bush or any of the bushes that have mytrle, I left and right click, not sure which to do to get the stuff, but no use, it will not come to me. Do you know the name of the person who sells them, their job I mean, I guess I am just stuck and it seems so silly. But I love the game.

thanks

maggie think wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 07:26 AM

You're saying that the game identifies the plant on the screen (indicating you read the book), but won't let you left click to pick it up? I've forgotten without looking, but isn't there a skill you have to have to be able to pick up plants - do you have that one selected?
I've forgotten exactly who had the plants, but at the time in the game I didn't have enough money to buy the book. I think it was probably the bar maid at the inn.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 08:39 AM

Nickie-

Yes, I think it is the alcamay skill, which he does not have yet, I do not know how to get it. I will try the bar maid at the inn. Thanks so much.

maggie wave

Nickie-

I tried the barmaids and had no luck at all, even talked to the lady who grows tulips. Any news on where I can get the flowers.

thanks

maggie think wave Nickie-

Got the flowers, now am gaming again good. Thanks

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 03:52 PM

Oh good! You've leveled up your guy with the bronze talents, right? So the next time you have a bronze talent, you can get the alchemy skill if you want. I found it very useful to be able to pick those plants when I was out of money!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 05:48 PM

There is a Herbalist somewhere in front of the Inn that sells the plants. Next time you get a bronze talent you should use it on the skill to recognize plants (It's under intelligence). Sometimes you have bronze talents built up before a level up. You can rest and click on Geralts head and see if you have any built up.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/12/08 11:14 PM

HI-

Right now my character is in the Vizima jail, think I will quit for a couple of hours. Nickie, what do you mean by my Bronze talents>

John-

I got the flowers from the Hervalist, the fight with the Beast was good, lasted awhile. But killed them all.

Thanks

maggie wave catrub broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 01:00 AM

You get bronze and eventually silver and gold talents which you use to level up your character. When you meditate and you have enough points to level up, you can go to the character screen and spend your talents.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 03:28 AM

Thanks Drac

I understand that part of it, how do I spend my telents?

Thanks

maggie think wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 03:34 AM

On the left is the list with all the different attributes and abilities you can spend your talents on. They are your physical and mental abilities such as strength and intelligence, your signs such as Aard and Igni and your silver and steel sword abilites. Let's say you pick intelligence. There will be "coin slots" to the right that you can spend on different intelligence options. The bronze talents will be on the bottom left of the "coin slots," the silver ones in the middle and the gold ones towards the top. This would be where you spend a bronze talent on the intelligence option that lets you recognize plants. I don't remember what it's called. It could have to do with potions too.

Does that make any sense???

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 04:35 AM

Yes, it makes perfect sense and thanks for the kind explanation of it all, makes it a lot easier. I guess I have not been doing anything with any of it. Oh well, at least I am still alive and about to go into the swamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

maggie wave bravo praise praise praise praise broccoli

Hi-

I am now in the swamps, icky place, I am escorting Gramps to the church for free. I imagine we will run into a lot of monsters!!!!!!!!!!!

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 06:59 AM

Good for you Maggie, making it this far without leveling up your skills! You'll need every bit of it though in the swamps - there's some really mean plants in there!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 07:43 AM

Nickie-

Thanks for the hint, I will be going at it in the morning, so I hope to do a lot of killing.

Thanks so much

maggie wave sleep

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/13/08 12:00 PM

The swamps - maggie is in the swamps. Yikes! That is a nasty place with even nastier monsters! I'm thinking of a certain large plant.......

Make sure you're leveled up and are well-stocked up with potions! I too am impressed you've gotten this far with leveling up!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 02:08 AM

Deac-

Are you talking about the large plants that come from the ground. I stayed in the swamps for sometime, did not finish all. Will go back this evening or tomorrow. Or I may wait till John and I come back from a small vacation, we got our rooms compted, so we are leaving for Laughlin, Nevada Sunday morning for fun and too much food.
That swamp is scary, it sure is, icky and dirty and just plain foul. Yuckssssssssssssssss

Maggie wave catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 03:09 AM

Yes, that would be the dreaded Echinops and the Archeospore nasties... Very hard to kill. But Igni is VERY helpful!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 03:52 AM

I picked up another thing like Aard (spelling may be wrong) while I was in the swamp, so now I have three. Did you spend a lot of time in the swamp? I think it is better in the day, but more monsters to kill during the night. I have the Igni and also another one I got from the swamp. I should keep notes, guess I will from now on.

Hugs

Maggie wave broccoli

I seem to have four or five stones that are needed, so I will be off to the swamp again to see if I can get all of them. Bought the two books, have all the information on the Tower, sure is an addicting game..................

maggie bravo

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 11:37 AM

We totally know how you feel, maggie! When you get too many Drowner brains, you can sell them to Kalkstein. I made a ton of money that way.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 09:22 PM

Drac-

Thanks for letting me know, did not know that and will get rid of what I have, I think I have quite a few.
Will be off the computer now till John and I get back next week from Laughlin, Nevada.

Take care

maggie wave thanks catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 10:02 PM

Have fun on your trip, maggie! We will be happy to keep Geralt company while you're gone...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/14/08 10:27 PM

Don't let him meet too many new women............

Take care and talk to you in about five days or so.

maggie wave tomato

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/15/08 07:00 AM

Have fun Maggie! Drac and I will try to keep him in line. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/21/08 08:50 AM

HI- lol

In the cave in the swamp with the wolves you kill, is there anything else, sure is creepy??????????????
Also having trouble getting into the cemetery in the town, have tried everything. Just did the autopsy on the dead guy.

Thanks

maggie think wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/21/08 03:06 PM

If I recall correctly, the first time I went in the cave there were mainly wolves, but the second time I went in on a related quest it was very different.

If you answered Shani in a certain way during the autopsy, the game goes in a certain way and along with your talk to the private detective, you won't be able to get into the graveyard at all until the next chapter. Before the autopsy, you had to read a certain book and have conversations with people to get all the choices in the autopsy conversation with Shani, and pick the correct way for the dialogue to go.
It boils down to who you suspect is behind the death of the guy, and who you have accused. One of those branching places in the game where it is fun to replay and see how different your decisions make the game.
If you have accused the police guy he won't help you, and until you clear the pawnshop guy from suspicion he won't help you either, so if you want to be able to get their help you need to go back to a save before you did one of those things (better to have not accused the policeman, because it won't cost you anything to get the pass). Along with that, you need to find out about how to conduct an autopsy before you do it. I think that's two books and three conversations.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/21/08 05:24 PM

*whisper* - don't tell anyone but.......
I revolted this morning. Haven't emptied any boxes to put things away - spent the whole afternoon with Geralt. Have just helped the hierophant to dispatch Roland then quit for the day. Expect I must eat sometime.

I had trouble getting in to the cemetary - then discovered it was much easier than thought. Sorry I can't for the life of me remember what I did. Unfortunately I'm rather inclined to make things harder for myself. Ah, wait - think I discovered there was a switch, handle, lever or such on the right hand wall facing the cemetary door.
Before reaching the grave-digger.

I'll send up a prayer lol

Alice :easter: :chocobunny:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/21/08 05:40 PM

I'll never tell! grin
Threads, the game won't let you in if you haven't followed a certain path, by not accusing people of the crime.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/22/08 06:35 AM

Please could someone tell me where all the Monoliths are in town, I think I have 8 or 9 lite in the swamp, but am missing some, no I do not know which ones. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

maggie think :chocobunny: :easter: :spring: help help :wave

I still have not gotten into the cemetary, no way in by the door.:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/22/08 10:52 AM

MJW - I'm playing truant again today.
In the game y'day had just dispatched Ronald (the chief salamanda)so will be heading back to the dike. As that will place me in the old town I'll pop down to see how I got into the cemetary. You will need one of the beast books - the one dealing with ghouls definitely. I'll return to post it later but will someone kindly enter it in one of those grey spoiler boxes, please. Have no idea how to do that.

Drac I still cannot understand the leveling up business. I have bronze talents but cannot get the game to accept them - even at level One+

Now I'm off to meet Gelert - with luck may spend the whole weekend with him. lol

:chocobunny:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/22/08 03:43 PM

Maggie, the ten:
Click to reveal..
Kalkstein gives you the first one.
Another is near the cockatrice early on in the chapter.
The Melitele altar - two or three of them.Can't remember if it matters which melitele altar since there are two of them. I know I got three around this area, but two for sure through exchanging food for the cards.
Leuvaarden has one.
You get one from Vaska when you do a quest for her.
One is in the swamp cave inside the sarcoghagus.
You have to fight the golem for one.
The private detective has the one for the Druid area, and you'll get it when you reach that point in the game

slapforehead Or are you asking where the monoliths actually are and you have all but one of the cards? They're all in the swamp, and will show on the map if you have that quest featured. It sounds like you have all the cards - the tenth one (in the Druid area- you have to continue the main story line until a conversation comes up with the private detective.

Threads - sorry you're still having a problem. Some of the skills require prerequisites (and the occasional one requires the mutagen), that's the only thing I can think of, unless there are entire bronze rows that aren't available.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/22/08 08:29 PM

Nickie-

I am missing one or two of the stones to put in the big pieces to light them up and do not know how to find them. Sorry not much help, I have been all over town trying to get the last. Think I will have to start over?????

maggie think :chocobunny: help wave

Nickie-

Just saw your tip for me, I will get them.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 12:43 AM

Or perhaps Alice is trying to spend them on spots she has already used? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out...

Yes, maggie, you have to finish up a conversation with the detective and then go back to the Druid's grove.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 03:27 AM

Drac-

I do not have the ingredients for making Cat, nor can I find anyone in town, the one guy is not talking to me. Guess my main guy insulted him. Any advice??????????

Thanks

maggie think wave :easter:

HI-

I did get the guy who sells things for the Order of the Rose to make a lightening rod. So now I can use that, still trying to find the ingredients for Cat.

Maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 12:10 PM

Drac - ALL of my abiltity trees need a bronze talent - they're still at level 1 (I'm at level 23) asking for a bronze thingy and I can't find a way to move them into the slot. rolleyes

:easter:

Alice

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 03:27 PM

Threads, you do mean that you aren't able to click on the skills to highlight them, rather than you are trying to move a bronze talent onto a spot, right?
Happy Easter to you too!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 04:28 PM

Ah, that may be it. You don't "move" the bronze talents into the coin slots. You just pick which discipline, spell or sword you want to advance and then just click on the coin slots to spend the talents.

Is that it?????

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 05:15 PM

Nickie and Drac. Which-ever coin slot I click on am told it needs a bronze talent. And has always remained like this every time I level-up. One would think the bronze talets might decrease in number. Surely it is logical to expect that?

Have got myself in a mess. The werewolf quest is not moving, neither is the Blue-eyed lass quest going anywhere fast. The biggest insult is the fact that, although I've returned from the swamps with all the information he wants, Leuvaarden keeps telling to to go and get it. What more 'proof' can he want? rolleyes

Has anyone seen the sun this Easter? High winds and heavy rain has dominated the holiday in this part of the world. :spring: should be on its way!

Closing down now - my day is drawing to its end.

Blessings.
Alice

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 06:18 PM

Hi Alice smile

There are three sets of "branches" carrying coin slots.

If I remember correctly, the bottom ones are for bronze only, the middle for silver and the top for gold.

If you have bronze talents to allot, you can only use them on those bottom branches of coin slots.
Just clicking on one of those slots should cause a visual reaction that indicates you have benefitted from whatever it offers and the number of bronze talents you own should decrease by one each time you are successful.

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 06:20 PM

Great explanation, Mad. I wish I hadn't uninstalled the game or I'd go get a screenshot to see if that would help. Maybe I'll do it anyway this afternoon.

Dreary and cold here too, Alice...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 07:00 PM

Alice, are you doing this while you're in the meditation mode? I know you have Vista, so I don't think you can send me a saved game to try out.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 10:18 PM

Hi Nickie-

Got down into the Crypt and killed everyone,had the key and so John helped me, no Salamander badges at all, lots of gold. Will I have to start part of the game over do you think? I hope not. Still looking for the two stones to light up the last Monoliths, but so far no luck, I can get one after I kill the Golem and after I give the badges to the trader, if I can get them.

Maggie

wave :easter: broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/23/08 11:00 PM

Maggie, I hoped there would be some there - sorry that didn't work out for you. Are you sure that you aren't encountering any more bad guys if you stand around at night in the bad areas? The only other thing I can think of - have you done the battles in the swamp yet where you're fighting people? And wherever you sold tbe badges - have you checked there to make sure whomever still doesn't have them? I never had a shortage of them so I'm not sure why you aren't coming up with more. Maybe after you kill the Golem, the natural game progression will help you come up with more.
I answered you in the pm re cat and the alchemy. Hope that makes sense.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 12:35 AM

Nickie-

Have done tons of fighting in the swamps, not coming up with any badges at all. So glad I have Cat all made, I sent you a PM on that. I will keep hunting, when I killed Ramsmeat, ten of his guys were suppose to help, but it was only him. So I will keep wandering at night. I still have to kill the Golem for a stone to light a Monliths, maybe when I get enough badges for all I have is one broken one, the trader will give me the last stone.

Take care

maggie wave broccoli

Thanks

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 01:09 AM

Boy, I never thought of that, nickie. Alice, are you in meditation mode when you try to level up? That's the only time it will work. I sure hope it's as simple as that!

maggie, I never found many badges when I needed them for Leuvaarden either. The only one I had was the broken one and I never had to opportunity to use it for anything. You certainly don't have to start over. I was in the same place you are more than once. I looked back a couple of pages in the thread and didn't see if you had posted which stones you are missing. If you can tell us which ones you need, we can help you find out where they are. Sorry if you already tried this! I'm just being quick here....

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 02:15 AM

I need a stone from the Golem I will kill probably tomorrow and the stone from the trader at the Dyke. I have already used the other stones to light the monoliths, I should of waited and I should not of sold my badges, but it (walktrough) said you could. I would like to get the quest from the trader at the Dyke to get the body for buriel, but if I do not I am stuck. In the list Nickie gave me I am missing the stone from the Golem I have to kill and the trader by the Dyke.

Any ideas would br appreciated.

Thanks

maggie think wave :easter:

I went into the swamp to kill the Golem and he got away from me, it was raining so hard. Now I have to have another Rod made, how do I get the guy from the order to make another, he made the first one, since the Dwarf will not deal with me????????

Thanks

Maggie think help wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 05:22 AM

Maggie, just go back to the place where the Golem came alive - he'll be around there. You don't need another rod, since he's alive - the rod is just to make him come to life. I think there's something odd about your game though, if the Golem ran away from you. He should be coming after you, although he won't leave his little island. What happened exactly?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 06:17 AM

Well, I went off to run off the island and he went the other way, I will check for him again.

Thanks

maggie wave duh

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 11:21 AM

Mad, not quite sure what you mean but will try to work it out.

Yes I do this in meditation mode.

Nickie, I do NOT have Vista. Unfortunately I delete games to a handful - the game runs more smoothly that way although have no idea where to find the saves I deleted.

Maggie - I had a similar problem with the Golem. Had to entice him back into the pylon area, then click the nearest pylon when he returned into that area. Just keep enticing the Golem into the pylon area. It took me quite a while but eventually killed the lad.
Was sweating by the end of that episode lol

So we continue rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 11:42 AM

Oh, so you didn't get the Sephirot from Leuvaarden. I had to buy it from him for $500 orens, not for any of the Salamandra badges. He just gave me money for the badge. I think the one you buy from him is called Tippereth. And the last one you get from Raymond.

Don't worry, the Golem will come back and find you. That's not a hard battle, but it's a long slog. You just have to keep whacking away at him. I was sweating at the end of that one too, Alice!

Boy, I just can't figure out your leveling up problem, Alice. Let me ask this. If you open up your character screen by clicking on Geralt's head (no need to meditate), look to the left at the list of all your skills, attributes, spells, silver and metal sword etc. How many of the "dots" to the right of each of them are checked or filled in which would indicate you have leveled up that particular one? Try going into meditation mode and clicking on one of your spells such as Aard to select it. Then (assuming you have some bronze talents) go to the skill tree and try clicking on some of the coin shaped slots on the left side of the tree to see what happens.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 03:33 PM

Sorry Drac, I had to edit out the spoiler - we can link to the walkthrough but can't write out pieces of it. Maggie is now in chapter 3 now - way to go, Maggie! bravo

For people still at that part, there are two ways to kill the Golem. Just writing this here so if anyone wonders, won't think they have to lure him into the pylons.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/24/08 10:59 PM

Sheesh, I should have thought of that, nickie. That guide is so huge, I just grabbed what I needed before I headed off to work. Thanks for covering my back!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 12:14 AM

Poor Alice! And I can't beleive how far you've gotten without leveling up! Good job!
The Witcher game saves are in "My Documents", double click on that folder and the only thing there will be another folder named "saves". Double click on that and you'll see all your saved games!

I'm dying of curiosity to why you can't level up! confused

I had alot of fun with that golem...one of the few "fights" that I found too be way to easy! Of course, after my trauma with the Queen, I guess I would think it was easy huh? lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 12:46 AM

Hi-

I will be in the Trade Quarter sometime this evening, have a party to go to. Hummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! Sometimes I can't level up, I go there and do all I am suppose to and am fully level at this point except for what sounds like eating something icky????

Hope they keep making this game, or I will have to play it over and over, not that I would mind.

maggie think wave catrub

Nickie-

Went to the party at the Inn, when I came out there were about four or five Salamandra, killed them, got the badges, now I can give them to the trader. In the morning I have to place the sensors around and look for more Salamandra in the swamp and the old section.

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 06:09 AM

Great! Sounds like you're moving right along, Maggie! Lots of intrigue going on at that party, wasn't there?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 11:06 AM

Hi everyone - yesterday I left the game about to enter the Elvin ruins. No idea what I'll encounter there but rather hope it will allow me to find the Lionhead Spider's Crypt. Will that be a yay or nay?

Looney - I am leveling up (level 23 at the moment) but all my trees are at level 1 and asking for bronze talents.

Just don't understand this at all.

rolleyes

Maggie - I understood one should not kill Ramsmeat. Wonder if that is why you are not finding badges? Just a thought.

Alice

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 12:31 PM

Way to go Maggie! That 2nd chapter is a long one!

Alice, the Lionhead Spider's Crypt is all the way back in the sewers in Old Vizima. It's to the left of where you enter the sewers. Have your steel sword at the ready when you find it as there will be lots of fighting!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 01:24 PM

Alice, you're trying to rescue some of Yaevin's men in the sewers? Those ruins are to the east of the crypt I believe.

It's one way to play to kill Ramsmeat. If you've made certain choices in the game, you're forced to kill him to progress.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 01:51 PM

Have dealt with the monster in the Elvin ruins and returned to town via Kalstein's laboratory. Just quit - have a lot to do to prepare for tomorrow morning. If I get time to play on Thursday will go for the Lionhead Crypt.

Really cannot understand what 'more proof' of the salamandras the Merchant at the reception wants. Or does the game plant more in the salamandra sites after one has reported back? Oh! wonder if it is the cracked brooch?

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 02:00 PM

Be sure and talk to the jailer as well for some info and an additional quest re the Salamandras.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 07:07 PM

Yesterday I got hit by lots of Salamandra as I came out of the Inn in the trade quarter after the party. I have placed the sensors and am now going after Alvin. Looks like there will be lots more baddies.

Maggie wave broccoli lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/25/08 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: threads
Hi everyone - yesterday I left the game about to enter the Elvin ruins. No idea what I'll encounter there but rather hope it will allow me to find the Lionhead Spider's Crypt. Will that be a yay or nay?

Looney - I am leveling up (level 23 at the moment) but all my trees are at level 1 and asking for bronze talents.

Just don't understand this at all.

rolleyes

Maggie - I understood one should not kill Ramsmeat. Wonder if that is why you are not finding badges? Just a thought.

Alice

One quick question. When you meditate and go to the level up screen, how many bronze points are listed at the top of the screen under talents?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 12:36 AM

Oldman and Alice-

I don't seem to have any trouble leveling up, but never use all the points, as I do not need them yet. As to the spider Cult, you will find that in the sewers, you have to break down a wall that looks like a mess, it looks partially ruined. Then you will find them.
I did kill Ramsmeat, had no problem, but none of his men helped him. He needed to be killed.
I am finding plenty of badges now in the Trade Quarter, but cannot use them for a quest in level 2 I have been told, but will hold on to them just in case.
I shall have to check what level I am the next time I level up, normally do not pay any attention as long as it works, which is silly of me. I am off to get the boy Alvin, first to the hospital and then the bloody swamp ickyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

maggie wave catrub devilchili

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 03:05 AM

I remember getting to a point where I had already spent bronze talents on all the stuff I possibly could and had some left over at the end of the game.

You will never escape the swamp in this game, maggie!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 04:21 AM

Gee Drac- rotfl rotfl

Thanks, that was just what I wanted to do. scared scared I won't even turn the lights off in my office when I am there, really creepy.
Can you possibly answer a tech question. My game is running a little slow, I have 2024 of Ram, but only about half of that to use. If I get rid of some of the Witcher saves, will it help? I want to add another 2024, I have an Intel Dual Core in my Vista Ultimate which is less than a year old, but I notice the game is slowing a little.
I am not a tech, so do not know the answer, but have room for more ram.

Thanks and Good Hunting

maggie wave devil devilchili

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 10:31 AM

Going to another GB of RAM will help this game enormously. You may or may not get much of a boost from 3 GB, but keep in mind XP will only recognize about 3.5 GB. I'd highly recommend upping to at least 2 GB for this game.

Some people have reported their game runs better if they delete some of their saves. I have an older P4 @ 3.0 GHtz with hyperthreading and I didn't notice that it made any difference for me.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 05:45 PM

John, there are several bronze talents to use

Drac - can't remember how many GB RAM I have but do know it is well over that recommended.

Been a long, hard day so am closing down in a few minutes. Hope tomorrow will give me some time to myself.

Wishful thinking?

rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 06:40 PM

Alice, once you get back into the level up screen, click on one of the attributes at the top left. (ie strength, dexterity etc). Once that is highlighted then run your mouse over the circular thingy's at the bottom of the screen that some have called coin slots. When it lights up and shows a green border then click on it. Keep doing that until you run out of bronze talents. Hope this helps. I'm not really too great at explanations. headscratch

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 06:55 PM

Drac

I have 2 GB of Ram and am going to put on two more and I have a windows Vista Ultimate, so that would help I take it?
Anyway, I have to check what I have to get the same, so John will have to open up my computer, they are easy to put in, but I can never redo the cords, such a mess of wires.

Thanks so much

maggie wave thanks catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/26/08 11:41 PM

Ah, you have Vista. Then I'd go for it. I'm not sure how more performance you will get from The Witcher, but it can't hurt.

Oldman, that's probably the best explanation from anyone yet who's been trying to help Alice! I never noticed the green border when I was leveling up. If it didn't do anything, then I knew I'd already spent a talent on it.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/27/08 03:27 AM

Drac-

Yes, I ordered 2 GB of Ram this afternoon, John my husband can install, got them on sale and they are the same kind I have in the pc already. Got a ring for Triss and gave it to her, have to go into the sewer again, I never feel clean or safe there, ickyyyyyyyyyyy. Call me chicken and I am one. Yes, Oldman gave the best explanation I have seen. I would print it out, but do not want to print out all twelve pages, does anyone know how I can just print out this page? Also I have gone to jethro for the quest about Angus, I have been back at night, late night many many times, but Angus is never there. Is this a glitch or is he somewhere else?

Take care and see you in the sewers or swamp, if you see a lady running and screaming, that is me. rotfl rotfl

maggie wave catrub praise praise praise

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/27/08 12:06 PM

I THOUGHT I heard crazy laughter coming from a manhole cover the other day!

Angus is hard to find. I think I finally found him in an alleyway in the slums around noon one day. He looks like one of the characters used a zillion times for other stuff. I will be so glad with the new game update to have more characters.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/27/08 01:55 PM

I bumped into Angus outside the Hairy Bear - looked like the ferryman.

Maggie I've been trying to find the Lionhead Spider Crypt for ages today. (The first time I found a crpyt in the sewers I ran out of Cat Potions and thought of you lol) but I always appear to be in the Salamander Crypt - from whatever way I approach it. None of the rubble walls will open with Aard and I'm very strong with my signs.

Please can anyone tell me if there is a quest I need to activate this crypt. And the name of the quest. Tried all the quests I have which might lean to the dungeons, and a good many could, BUT this one defeats me.

John - in the level up menu All the attributes to the left are shining brightly although everyone of the tree branches are asking for a bronze talent. Whatever - went up to level 24 today and it was still the same. Geralt is definitely getting stronger each time so am not worried about that. Except I get so frustrated when not being able to work things out. I'm so dim where computers are concerned.

This Lionhead Spider thing has me biting my nails. Why am I soooo dim? The only saving grace is the fact I can't remember it actually being requested by anyone.

rolleyes

Drac - any crazy laughter coming from Manhole covers is most probaly me duh

Am off to raid the Fridge.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/27/08 03:49 PM

Does this map help you Threads? Once you're inside the right area, you go past a fireplace and down the corridor, and there should be a wall that you can use aard on to crumble it.

Maggie, as best I recall Angus wasn't in the inn really late. I think it was either afternoon or early evening. If you happen to see him outside the inn, he'll be running.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/27/08 11:22 PM

Hi - scared scared catrub

Was in the sewers earlier, but no screaming from me, just to the point of always running away. Got some of the brickmakers freed in the swamp. I am going to try to find Angus again, thanks Nickie. I will give him a run for his money. Threads, you will find a doorway into the Lionhead Spider Crypt, I can't remember now where it is , but also a wall to break down.

maggie wave thanks

I found Angus, chased him to his house and then killed him. I must say the thread that Oldman gave us for leveling up is the biggest help, did lots of that this afternoon also. I am about to go into the sewer, so if you see a crazy lady with white hair running, that will be me!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much Nickie for the help on finding Angus, your answer was perfect.

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 02:05 AM

Nicely done, Maggie!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 04:16 AM

That's great Maggie! Now Threads, how are you doing?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 05:12 AM

Got rid of the robbers in the bank, have been down to the sewers three times today, icky, icky.
Yes, I was so pleased when I found the guy, now I have to find the head bank robber, will leave that for morning, as have been on for about 6 hours.
If anyone lives near cold weather, send it here please, about 85 to day and will problably be 90 this weekend. Going to be a long hot summer.

Threads, you need to have a light besides your potions, I always carry one and they come in handy down in the sewers. You can steal one from lots of people you kill, to my knowledge you only need the one, I have been using the same one for weeks and still as bright as ever.

I have freed all the Brickmakers in the swamp, I went to the Mage's place and went back to Triss's through the mirror. Very interesting, wish they had them all over, but walking is good for him. I need to go to the last camp and then see Vaska.

maggie wave broccoli catrub

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 04:18 PM

thumbsup
Late start today but eventually reached the Lionhead Spider Crypt and wiped them out - wish one could carry more in the Inventory. It is really annoying to leave behind potion ingredients which one needs urgently. Can't count the number of rings and necklaces I've dumped in favour of alchemy stuff.

Nickie, the map you found was the one which refused to print out when I downoaded and printed that part of Act 3 of the w/t. It was a God-send
So that is now behind me. When I quit the game it looks as though the Bank Robbery will be next. The little girl was hovering on the steps. lol

The UK puts clocks forward this weekend. No sooner do we get used to GMT we have to switch to BST rolleyes Still it is better than the DBST we suffered in WWII. That became really confusing.

Hope to snatch time for the game tomorrow.

thanks for all your help folks. Still too dim to understand the level-up screen. woozy me.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 04:33 PM

Threads, it appears as though you are doing well despite the level up screen difficulties, so at least for now I wouldn't worry about it. When you receive silver talents, you can see if you're able to use them.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 05:54 PM

Way to go, Threads! I remember some tough fights down in the Spider Crypt... The inventory thing drove me nuts too. Wonder if they will improve that in the update later this spring. It was mentioned they would.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/28/08 07:10 PM

Good For You Threads devilchili

I knew you could do it. Now as to the leveling up, when you can go to potion tab on the right when you sit down to sleep. Only do not touch time, go to strengeth, click on it and then start clicking on the things that look like coins, do that on each of your abilities. I hope you are able to do it, took me awhile too.

Good Luck

maggie wave luck broccoli

Can someone tell me where I can get or buy Aether to make Tawney Owl???? Bought some from the guy in the trade quarter, but did it wrong and vial broke. help help wave

Thanks

Can someone tell me where to find the ladder that leads to the northern part of the quarter, walkthrough does not state which part, and enter hideout????????????? Please help

maggie

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 01:40 AM

HI-

Hate to add another thread, but no answers to my above questions from yesterday and today, need some help.

Thanks

maggie help wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 02:43 AM

I read your original post, but it didn't notify me of your edits. Sorry!

I can't help you much with the ingredients for the Tawny Owl. I never did try to buy stuff. I just made potions with whatever I had. The Witcher Guide we've all been using has a part at the very bottom for Alchemy which might help. It says you can find aether in Drowned Dead tongues, Alp fangs, Hellebore, Ginatia and several other items.

If you are looking for the ladder that takes you to the part of the Merchants Quarter you can't access, it is down in the sewers. Are you supposed to meet some guys down there after giving them a password? Just making sure I know what you are talking about.....

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 03:49 AM

Hi Drac- yay

I have lots and lots of tongues and I hope to make it, I will look at the list you mentioned.
Yes, I am suppose to go down the ladder to a hideout in the Northern part of the Quarter. I am suppose to snope and then engage Salamandra officers and their mage. I am suppose to loot the Mage's body for the key to the Salamandra base, also I am to use a mirror to talk to Radovoid for a quest 'All The King's Men'. I have looked all over the sewers so many times for the hideout, but all I find are drowners or Leo and a man. No other luck. I am what you would call up a creek without a paddle and my boat has a leak. rotfl rotfl

Maggie

Thanks so much

maggie wave broccoli :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 04:39 AM

Does this map help? You go down at number 6 in the trade quarter and look for number 3, the Salamandra Hideout.

Map

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 05:08 AM

Drac- yay

Thanks so much, looks like I missed this one, I will get on it in the morning, have been gone all day to Tucson to see friends.

Thanks so much for the help, I appreciate it.

maggie thanks wave razz

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 05:22 AM

Have fun. You might meet a furry friend there....

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 06:10 AM

Drac-

If I do I will send him your address, I am sure you will feed him???????????? rotfl rotfl

maggie wave thanks

Drac

Looks like I am now without a boat or paddle. I have been there killed them earlier, beore I saw this page and did not get the key or the stone and no mirror is there now. Am I stuck, do I have to start the game over. Can I get a saved game and if so can someone with my inability at knowing computers tell me how to put it on??? I have windows vista ultimate.

Thanks

maggie duh confused cry cry help help wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 07:15 AM

Hi all,
For anyone that's interested Gamebanshee has just completed their walkthrough and it looks pretty good. Has maps for every quest.

Anyone wants to check it out it's here

Happy gaming.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 12:14 PM

Hi John - this very minute have completed printing out Chapter IV on that site - just in case I might need it lol It is a very good site.

Maggie - can't help you because I have not got Vista but, next time I load the will be searching for the guard who wants the Lily password before he will help.

With The Witcher one can never guess what will happen next. rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 03:28 PM

Thanks Oldman, they always do a great job, don't they!

Maggie, if you already fought the mage and didn't pick up the stone, don't worry - according to the gamebanshee guide, you'll have access to one later.
(You'll come across one in the quest "The Unforgiven" on a mage's body). This is one of the reasons that this is such a beautiful game - there are so many ways to complete it.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 04:06 PM

evil Finished the Salamandra quest and dispatched the werewolf devil - then quit for the day. Will visit the Inn next.

Am so tired sleep

Be back another day.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 04:22 PM

I've just never been able to force myself to kill the werewolf! Maybe next time I will.

And, Maggie, I think the only thing you will miss by not talking to Radovid in the mirror is that the conversation triggers another quest. Like nickie says, you will have an opportunity to find the stone and I think the key too later on.

I would have to give an award to the developers of this game for that alone. If you mess up and don't pick up something critical, you aren't stuck with starting over or going back. They almost always give you another chance.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 06:11 PM

Drac- devilchili

Thanks so much, was afraid I had really messed up and I have had several saves sent to me and I have never figured out how to put them on. Will just go on to see oif I need to kill Vincent, looks like the next stip.

Thanks

maggie wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 08:31 PM

I know I felt the same way at least 3 times the first time I played. Total panic until I figured out I could work around it! I'd be clueless to help you install game saves in Vista because I know that OS handles game saves differently - in My Documents I think.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/30/08 10:29 PM

Drac- thumbsup

I am getting the hang of my Vista Ultimate, but so much new stuff to learn. So I am glad I can pick that section up another way.

Take care

maggie thanks wave tomato

Thanks all-

But I do not know what to do next, I killed the big wolf in the swamp, it would be so nice not to go there. But I do not know what to do next as I have missed things. I gave the head of the wolf to the huntsman, what should I do next???

Thanks

maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/31/08 08:01 AM

Have you looked at your quest list to see what else you have to do?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/31/08 10:24 PM

Nickie- devilchili

There is one call The Unforgiven, which I have to go to Leuvaarden and give him the papers and key, but since I do not have the key he will not talk to me about it. I can't kill Vincent, as the girl Carmen wants not to talk to me. Any advice??

Thanks

maggie help think wave :spring: lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/31/08 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: maggie57
Drac- thumbsup

I am getting the hang of my Vista Ultimate, but so much new stuff to learn. So I am glad I can pick that section up another way.

Take care

maggie thanks wave tomato

Thanks all-

But I do not know what to do next, I killed the big wolf in the swamp, it would be so nice not to go there. But I do not know what to do next as I have missed things. I gave the head of the wolf to the huntsman, what should I do next???

Thanks

maggie

Maggie I don't know what you have or haven't done so it's hard to advise you. This is a very complicated chapter. If you go here it will give you an overview of all the main quests. You can look to see what you've completed and what you have yet to complete.

Hope this helps.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 03/31/08 11:20 PM

I'd highly recommend the Gamebanshee link oldman gave you, maggie. I find it very easy to follow.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 01:50 AM

I would just go everywhere and talk to everyone, looking at my list to see what else there was to do. Some things just have to happen first, before a quest kicks in. I know I always had a lot of things to do on that list.Make sure you click on people more than once, because they may have more to say. If you're enjoying the game, just explore - I never wanted it to end, so didn't look at the walkthrough.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 02:42 AM

Nickie- yay

Okey will do that and I do love the walkthrough I have, I guess Marita has spoiled us all. She is great at doing it. I will keep checking everyone, several times and I keep going down into the sewers, icky place and the swamp.

Thanks so much for a good push.

maggie wave thanks :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 06:32 AM

Sewers is a good idea. But just in case you missed picking up the key you were talking about needing to get further, have you already fought Gellert? It's easy to miss the key on his body. Here is where I think is what you're trying to find.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 07:06 AM

Nickie- thumbsup

I will try the sewers again and go where you suggest, will do it in the morning, have been on for hours. I found the Lute in a girl's house in the new area, had to fight her father and won. I am going to also start going into open houses and see what happens, I have found a gambling den, but only the waitress there and she was scared. Got the information from the innkeeper about the baddies that hang around, had to pay him some gold but it was worth it. I have also make about 5/8ths of the potions, just in case I plan to be prepared. Have two Tawney Owels and four Cats, so I am learning. Can anyone tell me how many pages to print out Gamebanshees walkthrough, it was 300 for the other and need to see if I have enough paper or need to buy more, just put in new ink. Thanks so much Nickie, your a great help and Drac, Oldman and everyone. No, to my knowledge I have not fought Gellert, just his brother.

maggie wave :spring: broccoli

Nickie-

You were right on, I had not been to that area, killed the guys, got the code and the key, also found the last hideout, killed them all, the guy in town, a captain I think helped me. Also killed the Werewolf. Now I am back and will tell all to Triss and that guy in the morning. I am bushed, but oh, thanks so much, without you I would not of done this.

Maggie

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 10:14 AM

Way to go, gal! Of course you can do it without us, but glad it helped. Don't forget that the werewolf pelt is used in a special potion - the only one of its kind in the game. I've forgotten where it comes in handy later on that I've read about- never could bring myself to kill the thing myself.
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 05:27 PM

Hi folks, long time no see...

Have the witcher and hope to be playing before long..excites me to read all the info given and the height of excitment for the game

Popcorn

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 06:33 PM

Hi popcorneater smile
It's a splendid game which I'm sure you'll really enjoy yay

And in May(?) we are to be treated to lots of improvements and extras thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/01/08 08:45 PM

Hi Nickie and thanks again, I really enjoyed it, I hope I picked up the pelt. Hi popcorneater, it is really great, I mean great, better than any of the other RPG's I have ever played. So much to do and action is great, it makes you feel like you are ther and Geralt is so good looking!!!!!!

Good Luck

Maggie wave broccoli thumbsup

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 01:40 AM

Hi there Popcorn and it is absolutely wonderful to see you posting again! wave We look forward to playing vicariously through you whenever you play the Witcher - in fact, I think I'll load it up again when you do, because I miss him something terrible and I can't let you have him all to yourself. razz
Posted By: fildil

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 02:54 AM

I've been trying very hard not to start this game up again since I've played it twice already, but these Witcher threads are making me twitchy. lol I was going to wait until May to play it again, but it seems to be calling to me. Maybe I'll talk myself into it by saying that I'll play it on a harder level. Yeah, that sounds reasonable. rotfl The sorry part is that when I played it again, I made exactly the same decisions that I made the first time and if I play it fifty times, I have a feeling that I'll do it the same way fifty times.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 04:17 AM

Hi Everyone devilchili

Good News!!!!! I am in part 4 now after killing the beast and the others, I wacked her three times on the head with my sword and down she went dead, I also killed lots of her workers and lots of Salamandra and the Professor and the other guy. So now I seem to be in a peacefull place away from Princess Adda, who wanted to kill my guy.
Fil- thumbsup

I would problably do it the same way too. Got my Ram today from TiggerDirect, but they sent the wrong kind, so we are sending it back and ordered from NewEgg. That is the second time I have been sent the wrong Ram from that place and we give them all the numbers and info. I called my computer place in Virginia and he said NewEgg, not sure if I am spelling it right, but they have what I need.
For everyone who has helped me so far, just thanks so much, you have no idea, I would be sitting here on chapter 1 if it had not been for all your help. praise praise praise praise

Thanks again

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 06:02 AM

You're doing great Maggie! I just loved chapter 4 - it was rather pretty and quiet after chapter three. Still lots of stuff to do in it though, and several quests you can finish in different ways.

Fil, I hear you! The second time I played I only made a couple minor changes - like in the beginning fighting the monster instead of going to the lab, that sort of thing.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 08:03 AM

Nickie- crazy

I double checked through my inventory and found the werewolf's pelt, which I am glad I have. Wanted to let you know. Yes, lots and lots of fields, but a number of good quests to do. I am off to get a cow in the evening so a monster can eat it and I can kill the monster......

maggie wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 02:13 PM

Yes, that particular quest can be completed three ways.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 07:45 PM

Nickie- devilchili

I am looking forward to doing the game again today. I sit down and am at my desk for hours and just hours, I never want to leave. I look forward to section 4 with the new challenges and hopefully for awhile not the swamp or sewers.!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

maggie wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/02/08 09:39 PM

I know, terrible isn't it? And the poor games that you play after this - you glare at your main character and say, "You're not Wolfie!!!" rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 12:43 AM

Besides the werewolf, I couldn't kill the cow either time I played either!!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 01:31 AM

Drac- devilchili

Are you a Vegetarian by an chance??? rotfl rotfl I problably will leave the ring as it sounds like the best path to do.
Really nice weather here, it is 79 here today with a breeze and just wonderful.

Take care

Maggie wave broccoli tomato

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 06:33 AM

I couldn't ever kill it either, but it sure followed me into the strangest places!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 08:03 AM

Hi- lol

I have three questions, so here goes. Part of Alina's mirror seems to be in that old rundown mill, I can't get into it, can someone tell me how? I have tred to break down all the three doors that I see with Aard, but no luck. I have been all over and done many quests, got the bread for the elves, got them ten loafs. Second I am to consume a Mutagen, what is that may I ask??? The third and final question, I can find lots of fruit for the prize cow, but no nuts, no laughter please. Can someone give me a clue, have searched all over???? See you tomorrow, I have been on this for six hours this evening and I am bushed.

Thanks

maggie wave broccoli :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 12:55 PM

Well, I can help you with the first one. You don't go inside the old mill, you go up to the roof.

I want to do the cow one too, but never got that quest. I'd love to have her follow me around too! I know nickie got her to follow her, so maybe she knows where to find the nuts...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 03:17 PM

Hi everyone, especially Popcorneater - so good to see you again.

I've had huge problems with the computer for two days - had the engineer here at lunchtime. Snatched something to eat and here I am.

Sadly the last time I played I got killed because I'd dispatched the Werewolf - mainly because I'd wasn't fond of the man, he seemed a very sly dog.

So now I'm going to try to return to a saved game and spare him. If I can find one before I dispatched him evil

Wish me luck. puppy

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 03:41 PM

If you didn't find the nuts earlier in the game, you can buy some from the baker where you got the bread.
As far as the mutagen, are you trying to select a skill that requires that? It was a hassle and I think I only did one of those, and so not too good at explaining. For each skill that requires it, there is a specific potion Wolfie will have to take to activate it.
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/03/08 04:32 PM

Thanks y'all and Nickie, holding you to it. going to wait for the other puter this one isn't chugging along very well for a game..but I shall continue to read and see if my brain can retain anything..lol

Popcorn

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 12:13 AM

I'll be here,just let me know! happydance Unless I'm playing something for review, I'm really not playing anything. You might want to have the tech guy install the game when he brings the computer, just to make sure your computer doesn't have issues.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 01:36 AM

Nickie and Drac- thanks

I finished up the girl, her sister is still wandering. I got the bread for the elves and gave them the bread, forgot the nuts so have to go back to the baker for those. Still doing lots of killing, want to get the cow to the right place, but do not plan on killing it, just use it for bait.

Thanks

maggie wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 02:26 AM

Sounds like you're having fun, maggie. Popcorneater, this game is a resource hog - sure hope you can join us soon!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 07:14 AM

Haha, the cow doesn't work as bait, but cute idea! grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 07:33 AM

Nickie- devilchili

That darn cow followed me everywhere, thought when we went back to Vizima it would follow me but it did not. I put it back where I got it, but would not stay. rotfl rotfl
I am now in part 5, have done tons of fighting in Old Vizima, killed a huge beast in a cemetary church, about to go down the well of the Old Manor, but will put it off for a day or two. Have been on this since early evening, my hands and arms are sore, so is my backside, excuse that......... So will rest tomorrow with The Lost Crown and start it.

Thanks for the help in getting the nuts, but that cow sure is friendly. shame yay

You should see our cat Socks right now, she is laying on her back with all her feet up meowing at me and most likely saying, mommy get off and play with me......

Take care

magge wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 07:39 AM

Must not disappoint the cat - she who must be obeyed! grin

Yeah, I sure did get a kick out of that cow. Was pretty unhappy that it wasn't in the cutscene with the boat though. rotfl

Rest and recuperate, and we'll see you back here soon! There's a question on the Loki thread if you have a chance, ok?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 03:29 PM

blush I come on bended knee to ask, to plea, for someone to tell me how to get out of this mess.

You are aware I killed the Werewolf and then got myself killed later when I went to the meeting. A posse of soldiers and a VERY strong magi were waiting for me.

Well, went into the 'Saved Games' folder only to discover my earliest saved game was coming out of the Werewolf's lair. I'd always been under the impression the folder would have held every game saved from the very beginning of starting the game. Sooo....is there another folder somewhere with all those in or am I stuck? My idea was to go back to where I met the Soldiers in the sewers and climbed a ladder to get into another part of Vizima which had been blocked off. headscratch

If not then has anyone ever killed the Werewolf? If so how did you dispatch the evil group which attacked at the Inn?

The real reason for wanting to leave the werewolf alive is the fact he will be able to help in the big battle coming up soon.. rolleyes

hardwall

idea I'll start praying. kissy

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 04:22 PM

Ouch! Knees are tender and there are sharp objects on the ground. grin

Besides the loading screen, your saves should be in a folder in "my documents". Is that where you have looked? Is it possible you have overwritten those saves? I deleted all of mine except for the last chapter.

I never killed the werewolf, so can't guess at how to win that battle. Have you tried to use the blizzard potion? When a battle was difficult for me, I used it. Didn't like the effect, but it did appear to make Geralt awfully tough. Kill the mage first.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/04/08 08:23 PM

Threads- luck

I can't help you, I have deleted about 2/3rds of my save file so that I have plenty of room. I have never overwritten a file, but it is easy to do and they should be in your documents under Witcher, that is where mine all are, at least the few I have left. I only have the ones from the last three days left.

Good Luck

maggie wave broccoli

Okey-

So I could not stay off the Witcher and finished the game. I just have one question, who is the last guy he killed in the King's Chamber at the end???????????

Thanks

maggie think think wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/05/08 08:44 AM

Congratulations Maggie! bravo Don't you miss it already? As to your question, we talked a little about it in a previous thread, but we don't know for sure - maybe the expansion or sequel will tell us. But some of us think
Click to reveal..
it was another witcher

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/05/08 09:50 AM

Thanks for your replies - it looks as though I'm stuck with finding a way to dispatch the welcoming committee rolleyes I'm almost tempted to start a new game.

hardwall hardwall hardwall

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/05/08 03:58 PM

I did just that when I got to chapter three, but for different reasons. But try your fight some more - sometimes the baddies will be positioned differently and the fight will be easier. Take lots of potions with you, and use a different oil on your blade. And make sure you're using the right sword, the steel one with group tactic. (I preferred fast style when possible, as strong seems to make Gelert slower, but if you have lots of bad company the group style does work well). Don't let them surround you - somersault out of there by clicking on empty floor space before they do an entire circle. Use aard to push them back, and igni to set them on fire. Kill the mage first, since he can hurt you the most, and give the baddies more health and additional abilities.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/05/08 05:17 PM

Thanks Nickie - will try that.
Never rains but it pours - having printer and ADSA problems now rolleyes

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/05/08 06:21 PM

Yes, to everything nickie said. Oils and diamond dust on the steel blade will help significantly. And love that Aard - I think I maxed that one out. Hang in there, threads - you'll get them!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/06/08 03:05 AM

Nickie- devilchili

I plan on starting it again I think next week and I agree with you,
Click to reveal..
I think it is another Witcher, but not one I know.
I miss the game terribly and since I missed so many of the side quests the first time, I plan to go much slower, I also plan on printing out the walkthrough from Gamebanshee that oldman said was great and trying that one. I just hope it does not take 300 pieces of paper and most of my ink like the last one.
I am sorry Threads I did not keep the saves, John has added more ram, so now I have 3070 and have room for 1024 more but if I do I have to change from a 32 bit to a 64 bit and right now I do not want to do that.

Have a great weekend.

maggie wave broccoli tomato :spring:

Nickie-

I noticed that I never went beyond the silver in the trees, you know strength, how do you go beyond???????????????

Thanks

maggie help wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/06/08 09:33 AM

Hey Maggie, I know the thread is full of spoilers, but I added a spoiler tag on your post since it was an ending one, in case someone didn't want to know that quite yet.

For getting the gold talents, you have to be high enough in points, doing more quests, killing more stuff, etc. Next time when you play and do more quests, you'll see them.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/06/08 10:15 PM

Nickie- devilchili

I never even got into Bronze, but did good fighting, what did I miss to miss all that???

Thanks

maggie think wave :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/06/08 11:51 PM

What are you saying Maggie? Do you mean silver?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 12:01 AM

Me, too. Do you mean silver? I ended up with bronze talents I couldn't spend because I had maxed all the options with bronze...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 12:53 AM

Nickie and Drac-

I only ended up with all silver talents, no bronze or gold at all, I had lots to use but could not find a mutigan to eat, icky icky.

maggie help help wave hardwall smashpc broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 12:58 AM

But at one point or another, you did use bronze talents, right? And then silver? You just didn't get gold. And you had bronze talents left over. Or am I misunderstanding?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 02:11 AM

Nickie- devilchili

I only used Silver only, in the more than 15,000 that I did not use, I suppose there were some bronze, but every time I clicked on anything I could add no more. The one thing it wanted was for me to eat a Mutagen??? So I kept checking and never found it, had plenty of heads, I am a beastly killer. but did not know what it was. I am starting the new game tonight, I have printed out a good portion of Gamebanshee's walkthrough and hope I do better.

maggie think wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 03:30 AM

OK, I'm really confused. You would only be able to use silver talents on the two middle "trees." An you wouldn't be able to advance to them unless you had spent at least a minimum of bronze talents on the first levels of the lower two trees. Am I missing something, nickie?

maggie, were you trying to use the bronze talents on only a few of the attributes or using them on each and every option available including your strength, intelligence, etc., and Aard, Igni, etc., and Silver Sword (fast, group and strong) and Steel Sword (fast, group and strong)?

I'm really curious about this!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 03:46 AM

Nickie and Drac-

Did not know I could use them on the signs and swords, now I am confused, oh well, I have started again. I am in Old Vizima, starting over and will do better and if I can't do signs I will yell for help as usual. I had one of my strengths, over on the left to the bottom that kept telling me I had to eat a Mutegan, so maybe I just did not check, but had loads of talent and other points I could of used.

maggie wave think

Darn, wish I had saved it. Took it all off to start over, will send you information when I can. hardwall hardwall idea idea

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 05:55 AM

I think you solved it Drac! Yes, you can get specialized skills in all those things Maggie. But it sounds like you did just fine nonetheless!
I did mention earlier in the thread about the mutagen. But I actually only used a mutagen requiring skill once since it didn't seem worth the effort. So, in a lot of skill sets, I would have several in the first row but not all, all in the second row, and so forth. Some skills required you to have the first level of the specialty before you could get the second. Some skill specialties required a certain level of expertise in some other skill specialty. I imagine the second time through it will be more clear for you.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 06:54 AM

Nickie and Drac devilchili yay

You are just right, I am also in silver bronze and gold, but will not go further in one until I eat a mutagan, icky. But I am watching closer. I am helping the Reverand help some of his friends, killing dogs at night, lit all the lights, the five of them. Trying to find the ingredients to Cat, which I need as I have to go into a dungeon, I will not get a torch till part 2. Onward I go tomorrow, but am doing lots of quests I had not done before. Nicky, what is a Mutagen and how do I get it to gobble on??????? rotfl rotfl

Thanks so much

maggie wave broccoli

Drac

I am using Silver. Bronze and Gold now, before since I just saw the silver on a couple I think I assumed they all were Silver.......... hardwall hardwall

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 07:32 AM

Maggie, are you really asking me again, or are you joking? grin Those skills that require a mutagen, means you have to take a potion. Each skill that requires a mutagen requires a different potion. For instance, the - I think it was called Moonrise, the low level intelligence skill that requires a mutagen, means that you have to take the Golem's pith potion. You know that you don't have to select those skills in order, right? You can completely skip the skills that require a mutagen if you want, or any others that you don't need, unless they're required for a higher skill that you want.

You probably figured out what you need for the cat potion, but if you haven't, it's
Click to reveal..
one measure of rebis and two measures of quebrith; strong alcohol as a base.
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 08:49 AM

Hi, this is my very first post on this website, so please excuse me for just jumping in, but Witcher seems a good place to start, as I just love the game. Will do a replay soon, this time choosing the Order.
Anyway, yes, those rare mutagens are a bit of a pain, as the ingredients are quite scarce, if I remember correctly.
There are some good FAQ's around with recipes, though.

I had pre-ordered my copy of the game, so I played my first time through before there were any FAQs, which for me, is the preferred way.
Nice to have references to help you explore the game to its fullest on the second playthrough though, isn't it?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 09:39 AM

Nickie- devilchili

Yes, I was asking again, I thought they meant a head???? Okey, I need to turn on my brain, idea but was stuck and Moondancer, thanks so much and welcome to Gameboomers. You are going to love it, Nickie is a riot, but most of all a big big help to many of us as so many of the Mods are.

Good Luck

maggie wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 10:11 AM

Thanks Maggie! You guys make it so much fun! devilchili

Welcome to Gameboomers Moondancer, and sure, jump right on in - we love talking about Witcher. We held each other's hands a lot when the game was brand new - that's why we're on the fifth Witcher thread. Well that, and we just like talking about Geralt. grin I'm getting ready to play my third time through, but I still don't think I can make myself be with the Order!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 11:37 AM

That's me too, nickie. I don't know if I can force myself to go with the Order, but I should just to see how the game plays differently. I'm waiting on that game upgrade in May! I've heard it will be a huge download - over 400 MB, so will send you a CD when it comes out.

And, Moondancer, welcome to Gameboomers and we're glad you jumped right in! Hope to see more of you!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 01:34 PM

yay Welcome MoonDancer. You seem to like Geralt as much as the rest of us. Don't become too fond of him, we have all lost our hearts in that direction lol

Nickie, still having computer problems, and problems obtaining new glasses rolleyes Nevertheless, every time I have the computer to myself (and not have an engineer working on it) I've been making potions. Have been studying the various uses of each potion.

Went walkies from the Mage's Tower only to discover a bridge which wasn't there before, with a very strong Mage and very strong Salamadas. We fought near the end of the bridge and was killed. Now I have more potions I've a great urge to try that again to prepare myself for the big battle but think it would be good practice but entail making more potions.

Now the engineer is on his way again so ta ta for now.

Will pop in again.

Alice

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 03:54 PM

Thanks Drac! That is so nice of you! wave

Good to see you Threads! Sounds like you're making progress, and hope to see more of you here when everything gets sorted out. Since you're making potions, there's a potion that is very helpful later in the game- forgotten the name now, but it keeps you from being knocked down easily. I never made it, but wished that I had. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/07/08 07:42 PM

Threads-

Something that you did in the game caused the Mage and Salamandra to show up there, I had the same thing the first time around. I will be playing the game again this evening. Doing it slower, I am still trying to find the stuff for Cat, as I have two Dungeons I have to go in.

maggie wave broccoli

Nickie-

I have four Cat potions, I am about ready to save the witch on the outskirts in Vizima and then pick up shani and go into Vizima.

I am on the outskirts of Vizima and seem to have a pickle. I go to Abigail in the cave and she says she has made her choice, I should make mine. The villagers are not outside the cave, somehow I have missed something and am stuck, can anyone help me??

Thanks

maggie think help wave

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/08/08 06:33 AM

Have you tried clicking on the witch to see if you get different conversation? I'm thinking that when you walk outside you should be getting a cut scene.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/08/08 12:14 PM

That's what I remember too. There was a longish cut scene after talking to Abigale and walking out...

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/08/08 07:02 PM

Hi Nickie and Drac- devilchili yay
What I did find in the second walkthrough, and I am not certain if it was in the first. I found a trapdoor in the Salamandr hideout, killed all of them, got any belongs, then Alvin walks up and says the wall looks weak, I break it with Aard and I talk to Abigail and fight outside and get into the Temple Quarter and getting out of jail and killing that big thing. I notice I am doing most if not all of the quests, missed Coleman again, tried to get to him in time, but he was killed.

I will be at it again this evening.

Thanks so much

maggie wave :spring: idea

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/08/08 09:54 PM

I don't remember doing that either time I played! Oh, I wish that update would hurry up!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/08/08 11:56 PM

I vaguely remember that. Guess it's time to replay and refresh my memory. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 02:02 AM

Nickie- devilchili

I do not remember it the first time either, or Alvin coming to get me during that time. Do you have a date on when the update in May is to be released???

Thanks

maggie think wave broccoli

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 05:23 AM

No, not yet. The last newsletter indicated that it was going to be a little longer than anticipated.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 07:30 AM

Nickie- praise thumbsup

Thanks for answering, I am in the Temple Quarters, doing lots more Quests and lots more fighting.
I am looking forward to the release and the added people.

Thanks so much

maggie wave :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 09:21 AM

But of course! grin I don't know if there will be added people, but some of them will look different. Well, if there's new quests, there sure could be. Ah well, it's late. Sounds like you're zooming right along. Are you seeing lots of things you didn't see the first time?

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 09:09 PM

Nickie- devilchili

Like I do not remember the trapdoor or Alvin coming up to me after the fighting and saying follow me. Since I am doing more quests, I am seeing lots more conversations I had never seen before, I am finding more explanations on many many things. I have yet to go to the swamp, my least favorite place, but will go there this evening. Nothing like a nice stroll with the dead!!!!! rotfl rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/09/08 11:23 PM

Oh, but you get to pick up all those yummy Drowned Dead tongues and Drowner brains!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/10/08 12:32 AM

And you could have supper with the old hermit! devil

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/10/08 01:01 AM

EWWWWWW!!

One of my least favorite things about The Witcher is they used the same physical character for disgusting old Gramps and the Fisher King. Gross! I hope the upgrades have some sexy old man for the lover of the Lady of the Lake!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/10/08 01:06 AM

Hi-

I would like to see different old hags, you know they all look the same bent over, I would like to see a few in different costume and I would love Geralt in a new one, it would be nice. Well if you don't have dinner with the Hermit,
Click to reveal..
he could always eat you... rotfl

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/11/08 10:06 AM

Believe it or not this will be the third time I've tried to post this but have hit the wrong key and it's all disappeared. Will cut this as short as possible.

I've downloaded and installed The Witcher 1.3.exe of which I had never heard. At the time (I must be mad) I was already for bed and nearly sleep but went back to the 'puter to see why, when loading the game earlier it want to access the Internet,

It is a large patch - a smidge over 322MB and took quite a while. But it has its own Install Wizard which I discovered hiding behind the Witcher Logo. After that, although at the snoring stage, had to load the game and see if it worked. Well, could move Geralt around, so will discover more later if I get time to play.

Cheers,

Alice

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/12/08 09:15 PM

Hi Alice- devilchili

I download all last night and played and did not have any problems with the game. I am in part 2, still in the temple quarter, my second time playing the game. It is hard to quit playing this game, I killed the Golem last night, was a great fight and wacked him to death.

Take care and Good Luck

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 01:46 AM

Alice, if you look on the other thread, I talked about the patch and what it could do to your game. Hope you have no problems, and get to play,

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 07:46 AM

Nickie- devilchili

Thanks, but I do not want the hermit to eat me. rolleyes slapforehead I made peace between the loggers and the fishpeople. I have found all the things for the Monoliths except three, I forget where the others are so just having a good time. Have not tried the new game yet, too busy with this. I am still not having one bit of trouble with the patch with my Vista Ultimate, which is great I think.

Thanks

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 08:58 AM

That's great Maggie. bravo

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 10:36 AM

Nickie I've started a new game from scratch. Made two 'saves' and quit - bed time sleep

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 02:52 PM

Got the patch downloaded and am now itching to start another game. *must wait for game upgrade, must wait for game upgrade*

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 04:10 PM

Drac, you realize you can play the new adventure (two or three hours worth) from the start menu, right? It was included in that patch.

Threads, hope the game works out for you this time!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 04:42 PM

Yes, I finally figured that out from what Trail said in the other thread. I'm so tempted to re-install the game, but I've got two other games going on right now that I really should finish.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Yes, I finally figured that out from what Trail said in the other thread. I'm so tempted to re-install the game, but I've got two other games going on right now that I really should finish.

Only two...? Being the poster-child for dysfunctional multi-tasking I say go for it! crazy My significant other calls my gaming sessions "Short Attention Span Theater" lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/13/08 05:54 PM

Too funny! lol Does she play games as well, Trail?
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 12:25 AM

No, one of us has to be a responsible adult lol

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 12:29 AM

Sounds like a good plan...as long as it's the other person! laugh

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 02:39 AM

Holy cow, that's for sure! Hubby must be responsible while I madly game away!

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 04:22 AM

Trail- yay

If you do not want to lose your saved games and have Vista, I have Vista Ultimate, I have taken it off several times and not lost the games, they were still in the same place. Do not know if this works for xp.

Good Luck

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 06:34 AM

Maggie, that may be a problem. With the new patch, the save games will still appear to work but because they were made before the patch, problems may show up later in the game for no apparent reason. Taking the game off and re-installing is not going to make those saves any different. You may never have a single problem with that earlier save, and then again you might.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 06:51 AM

Nickie- devilchili

Thanks for letting me know, I just took it off, except for the saves and am going to patch it and see how it works. If it still gives me problems then I will know for sure and will let you know.

Thanks so much

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 07:34 AM

If it's fun to play, not a bad idea anyway to start from the beginning again with the new patch. grin

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/14/08 11:35 PM

Nickie- devilchili

Left full message on new patch and game added about my taking The Witcher off, left my saves and it works perfect.

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/19/08 12:02 AM

Hi-

I seem to have a problem, I am part three, I have gone into the sewers and up the ladder to the Salamandra hideout. Got the stone and this time talked to the guy in the mirror, but when I come out no wherewolf or fighting, can't find him anywhere. Any thing I have done wrong??

Thanks

maggie help wave broccoli :spring:

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/19/08 12:52 AM

Doubt it. The stuff occurs in the game at different times according to what else you have done. That's why it's so much fun to play this game more than once. If you're out a lot at night, no doubt you'll see him eventually. burger

Re: The Witcher Thread 5 - hope with spoilers - 04/19/08 01:40 AM

Nickie- devilchili

Thanks so much, thought I was going crazy, this is my second time through.

Thanks so much for helping.

© 2021 GameBoomers Community