GB HOMEPAGE

A Morrowind Question (Spoilers)

Posted By: Mad

A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 05/20/08 06:42 PM

Hi smile

I bought the "game of the Year" edition of Morrowind some time ago - which includes Bloodmoon and Tribunal - but have only just plucked up the courage to install any of it lol

[I don't think it's a "mouse" controlled game ??]

Something called a "construction kit" also got installed.
Do I need this .... Or is it something for those with techie know how ??
Is it safe for me to uninstall it ??

Advice always appreciated thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/20/08 06:54 PM

That is the game editor. I do recall that it installs with the rest of the game in the GOY version, so I would just leave it unless you really need the disk space. There are tons of mods available for Morrowind and I believe a few require a minor tweak in the game editor. Have fun, that's one of my favorites!

Controls are mouse and keyboard.

Edit: If you haven't played this before you might want to stay away from the city called Mournhold (even if it is suggested in conversation) until you completed the first main Morrowind quest. Really you can play any of the three in any order (Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon), but the flow of the story makes more sense if you go in the above order. That means you would stay away from the Isle of Solstheim until after the main Tribunal quest is completed as well. I always thought that playing it in that order made the whole thing feel more well rounded and since Bloodmoon is a departure from the other two it's a nice way to end out the series...just my two cents.

You're in for months of fun! bravo
Posted By: syd

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 01:23 AM

Well guess what I'm playing Mad laugh My battlemage Madge is level 11 right now - I've been playing for oh around two months this time around (I have made a vow that I am going to finish) and I swear I've barely scratched the surface. Right now I'm in Vivec trying to find out who ofted (or is that oft) two Ordinators.

Nice to have company - when you get to Balmora give me a holler and we'll meet at the Corner Club for a glass of wine (I may be a battlemage currently dressed in mostly Dwemer armor but I still have some class) laugh

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 03:19 AM

Hi smile

Thanks for the tips, Trail_Mystic, I will make a note of them thumbsup

And Syd, thanks for the offer but from the sound of the length of this game and even providing I ever master the controls eek I could be playing it for years - so you (and poor Madge wink ) will probably have drunk yourselves into oblivion before you see hide or hair of me.

Still, not a bad way to go for two hardened Battlemages, eh ?? lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Hi smile

... so you (and poor Madge wink ) will probably have drunk yourselves into oblivion before you see hide or hair of me.

Still, not a bad way to go for two hardened Battlemages, eh ?? lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

That's an interesting statement Mad, considering that Oblivion is the next in the series of the Elder Scrolls lol
Posted By: hawkavonpuka

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 06:31 AM

Mad I will play with you, I will probably take years also, depending of course on how many years I have left. I started this game some years ago, was up to Vivec, which I loathed since I had no clue how to get to anywhere in that area. Then I broke my wrist and couldn't play anything with the [blip] cast on, then that computer crashed and I had to reformat. I have it loaded on my new computer, but have only messed aground in the beginning. So if you want a partner that drags around, I am here.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 10:50 AM

Oh, if only it weren't gardening season! I've always wanted to play this one. Maybe I'll put it on my list next winter!

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 01:07 PM

Drac, you haven't played Morrowind? scared You need to take some time from gardening and start it up. Last I checked the Game of the Year version was pretty reasonable considering the huge amount of game play. Really, you don't have to dedicate huge chucks of time to it, even though you will be tempted. evil Because the game is so large it is not an issue to play a bit here and there...it will end up being on your computer for months anyway lol

Now I feel like firing up the game, we already have a thread going and some folks we know wandering around; Battlemages yet! Morrowind is a big and brooding place, its always nice to see a friendly face around there... wink

Syd, Mad, See you at the Corner Club..save me some Moon Sugar lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/21/08 02:29 PM

Hi smile

Heck !! With all you Veterans thinking of Morrowinding I can see I'll be playin' "catch up" for a long, long time .... seeing as I am soooooo slow to get through a game blush

Definitely looks like there could be a whole bunch of drink sodden characters hangin' round at this "Corner Club" ....

I'm sure the proprietor will be very pleased rotfl

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 12:00 AM

Mad this is one game that you don't have to worry about being slow about. At the rate I'm playing you'll be up with me in no time. I am in no hurry to get through this - just going to take my time and enjoy it. As for veterans, I think Trail is the only one among us that can claim that title - I'm a mear dabbler grin

The controls will become second nature after awhile. Keyboard / mouse is my favorite type of movement.

Moon sugar Trail??? Tsk, tsk, tsk what would your mother say? whistle
grin

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 12:51 AM

I just love the Morrowind music, I could wander about forever listening to it. The changes from day to night and the weather makes it more interesting, plus I get to buy clothes and admire myself wearing them. I think I am going back in as soon as I finish my second play of Redemption.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 04:02 AM

Hi smile

The controls issue is that I'm having terrible trouble stopping myself "Left Mouse Clicking" on a character to start a conversation - with weapon equipped rolleyes

So I've taken to using the "Quick Save button" a LOT until I can cure myself. Otherwise there'll be nobody left in the town to talk to lol

See some of you along the way then, maybe ??
And hopefully I won't "Left Click" on you to say hello scared

Cheers.

Mad evil

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 04:41 AM

Hi smile

...See some of you along the way then, maybe ??
And hopefully I won't "Left Click" on you to say hello scared

Cheers.

Mad evil

I should hope not! rotfl
I did the same thing when first playing Mad, so you're not alone... Best to get out of that habit early, because there are a couple aspects of Morrowind that don't necessarily exist in other games. You can actually "break" a quest by killing a character that is needed. Also, there are certain individuals in Morrowind who do not like their kin to be assaulted and they will pursue you relentlessly through out the entire game if you offend or attack one of them... Have fun evil

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 04:57 AM

I did that alot also, good thing I am a save freak. I was going along good until Vivec, I could never figure out how to get out of that one area in the beginning though I could see the other areas on the map. Could someone clue me in before I get there again.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 04:58 AM

I've done the same, greeted someone with a knife to the stomach. Doesn't go over well.

Now that was one thing I liked about the M&M games. Nobody important seemed to mind if you killed the odd peasant or two by accident. grin And they respawned throughout the game without remembering your earlier indiscretion -- unlike Morrowind, in which one little oopsie with a sword means a game-long grudge.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:08 AM

Vivec is a bit of a pain at first. It wasn't until my third game that I knew my way around. Once you get outside being able to fly really helps, if you have potions or an appropriately enchanted item.

You need to get outside the Foreigner's Quarter and, using the outside walkways and stairs, get down to the street below or to one of the upper walkways so that you can walk to the other areas of the city. The stairs down can be difficult to see at first -- they're covered, but they're tucked up against the outside of the buildings.

There are, I think, only two levels in which you can get into each of the areas -- at the top, and the next level down. From the second highest level you can get down into the lower levels of each area.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: hawkavonpuka
I did that alot also, good thing I am a save freak. I was going along good until Vivec, I could never figure out how to get out of that one area in the beginning though I could see the other areas on the map. Could someone clue me in before I get there again.

I not sure what area you mean hawk? In Morrowind you just have to walk around and the places you visit will populate your map. Where did you get stuck?

Edit: OOPS, looks like Hagatha beat me to the punch wink

Edit number 2: This might help a little.

Map of Vivec

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:27 AM

Hi smile

I just arrived in Balmoral and am exploring before delivering a (quest) parcel grin

Getting lost is something I manage effortlessly and on a regular basis - so with the huge environment of Morrowind I can see I will do a lot of "exploring" .... which can be translated as lost and wondering around aimlessly woozy

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:38 AM

Being lost and wandering around aimlessly is part of the joy of Morrowind. The first time I played it was a month before I realized that I had to drop something off in Balmora. I had no idea there was a "main quest." Blissful ignorance.

Just don't wander too far afield. There are some truly nasty things (and people) out there.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 11:05 AM

hawkavonpuka each building is connected with a bridge. If you don't see a bridge then there might be a lady or man waiting with a boat to take you where you need to go. Hope this helps. smile
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 11:12 AM

Perhaps I should start up Morrowind once again. Haven't played it since I've been playing F.E.A.R evil

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 11:25 AM

So Mad how is Balmora? See it didn't take you very long to get there grin

Lost works for me - I'm always lost in this game. I set out for some quest or another up north and wound up and through the Ghost fence - now that's not a nice place to be let me tell you. I hightailed it out of there as fast as my legs could go (and in this game that is not very fast)

Early on I messed up the second Balmora Fighter's Guild quest (I joined the Thieves Guild before getting the code book from what's her face). Is there another way to get it from her?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: syd

Early on I messed up the second Balmora Fighter's Guild quest (I joined the Thieves Guild before getting the code book from what's her face). Is there another way to get it from her?

If you don't want to get the code book, there's a quest (from Gentleman Jim Stacey, about "The Bitter Cup" which will allow you to make progress with the Fighters Guild.

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/morrownd/915.php

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 01:29 PM

Thanks Smiley - glad to hear I didn't totally louse up and will still be able to complete the Fighter's Guild quests. Now I seem to be looking for Tarer Braryn - I found him once or twice already but for the life of me cannot remember where the guy is hardwall I need to give him his apology accepted potion from Trebonus. I know he's in Vivec somewhere.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 01:56 PM

No problem thumbsup

I haven't heard of that person. Which quest is that?
Hopefully someone else can help you out smile

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 02:57 PM

I think he is in the High Fane building just in front of the Temple of Vivec, to the south.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:31 PM

Hi smile

Not had time to get lost in Balmoral yet as I've only just arrived but there's no doubt at all that I eventually will - and probably tonight - when I hope to play again lol

Since I installed Morrowind I have been neglecting the other games I already had on the go ....
So I might just be getting ....
Addicted !! shame

Cheers.

Mad wink

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 05:36 PM

It's very easy to get addicted Mad, once you get used to the slower pace in the early part of the game. When your character gets a bit more powerful, that's when the fun begins. Just watch out for Cliff Racers... wink

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/22/08 09:19 PM

Hagatha and VHLMagic, thanks for the explanation, I didn't see any stairs, maybe now that I have a better monitor I will do better. Trail, thanks for the map, I have that saved for when I get back there. I just must finish Redemption cause once I am back in Morrowind I will be back there forever.

Mad it is addicting, I didn't play anything else at the same time and it was the thing I most missed with the cast on. I almost always walk where I go, I love it out there. The other place I had a hard time with, but it got better was the place with all the dust and wind. I forget the name of it but it was sooo hard to see anything.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 02:23 AM

Most of the area around Ald-Ruhn is pretty dusty. Storms whip up all the time, it really adds to the desolate feel of the place.

EDIT: Here is a link to a fantastic map of Morrowind that includes all the expansion locations. I wish I had access to a big color plotter, I'd print this sucker out wall size! lol It downloads as a Zip file...

Complete Map of Morrowind

This is a link to an interactive map of Vvardenfell (the main land mass in Morrowind). It's not as detailed as the one above, but still very handy. It loads as an executable.

Morrowind interactive map

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 02:45 AM

I have the complete map, it came with my game and I used to refer to it all the time. Some places look so far away, I want my blinding speed boots back.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 02:49 AM

I had a bad experience with those boots once.... lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 03:26 AM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

"I had a bad experience with those boots once.... lol"

So you tell us that and then leave us in suspense ???? shame shame

rotfl

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 06:29 AM

Really Trail, do tell. Mad the boots you get by helping an unscrupulous person (I thought she was nice at first) and you end up with the boots. Put them on and you can run really fast, however you can't see where you are going, sigh!! Boy do I miss all my expensive clothes, Mad you know you can steal from the barrels in Balmora (and other places) as long as nobody sees you do it, just save first. My grandson, when he was younger had a weird way of playing this game, he gets a kick out of killing off the shopkeepers, taking the shop for his own and putting all his stuff on the shelves.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 06:33 AM

Yeah, just what did happen with those Boots, anyway? evil

The first game I played I was so outraged by the Boots I sold them almost immediately. slapforehead Then I found out how to use them. I must have spent days looking for the merchant I sold them to.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 01:15 PM

Okay I have said boots but have not put them on because you know run fast, fall off mountain, splat city grin So hagatha how does one use them?????

Oh and I think I found my guy Tarer - I believe he's at the Hall of Justice. I'm on my way over there now to see if I'm right.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 02:47 PM

OK, I don't think this is a spoiler, just a good hint on how to use the boots, but just to be safe wink

Click to reveal..
In Morrowind, a Resist Magicka effect only blocks the negative side of magic. So, if you were to find a way through say enchanted items to resist magicka then the Blinding effect of the boots would be negated, or at least partially so. For example if your character is a Breton you're already at an advantage as they have a natural 50% resist magicka ability. In the case of the boots things would only darken rather than go completely black when you put them on...Also, if you can find a way to have your fatigue constantly restored, again through an enchantment it will make using the boots more effective.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 03:24 PM

I think I understand and it just so happens I'm that particular race. Think I'll give them a go and see where it takes me.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 03:24 PM

Hi smile

So, Trail, your secret use of the boots is remaining a secret, huh ???? lol

[I must remember to look out for these boots - they sound like an adventure in themselves !! wink]

Yes, I have discovered that I can steal stuff from containers in the streets AND from inside buildings, if I am not in the sight of watching eyes. [Very handy thumbsup]
I'm exploring this city very slowly though - there is just SO MUCH of it - and despite it being great fun I do frequently get lost blush

But, I'm more than a little nervous of getting to my first serious combat situation.
There doesn't appear to be a magic "pause" button that will allow me to get myself together before or during a fight .... So when that time comes I could be back here pronto looking for tips scared

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 03:37 PM

No there isn't technically a pause button, but you can bring up your inventory or hit escape if you need to take a breather for a second. Also, if you haven't already done so try out the Quick Keys. Just select F1, which will bring up the Quick Key selction box that allows you to a assign numeric key to an inventory item or spell. Makes battles a little easier if you can select stuff quickly. thumbsup

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/23/08 04:29 PM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

Thanks !! Another tip from you I will make a note of thumbsup

EDIT :
Love your Mod Title BTW lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 02:29 AM

I know you can only join one "house" but can you join all the factions without causing too much grief? It's The Morag Tong more than any of the others I was wondering about. I haven't joined them, the Imperial Legion or the Imperial Cult yet. I've also joined the House Hlaalu - not sure why other than it was the first one I came across.

So Mad how are you doing? I'm doing some Fighter's Guild quests from Vivec right now. I just killed a Khajiit bandit and have to report his demise back to the head guy. I was also looking for some poor woman's druggie husband who was supposed to be wandering around the sewers but so far the only thing I've found is rats and some type of shrine to a daedric lord full of very nasty people - one of the said nasty people was carrying a sword worth 40,000 gold - not sure if I want to sell it or use it. Now I'm doing the tedious "take all the loot to Creeper in Caldera" quest lol (okay, I admit I'm using console cheat codes to travel from Vivec and other parts outdoors to Caldera. There's no way I'm taking the conventional route - I'd be doing it for months).

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 02:50 AM

Hey Syd,

That whole faction stuff is actually pretty complex. Check out the Reaction Table at this link:

Morrowind Factions

The Morag Tong are basically well tolerated by most factions. House Hlaalu is also looked upon favorably basically because they are underhanded sell-outs. lol Unpleasant as that sounds you're actually in a good position. The other houses and factions are more challenging and can sometimes lead to frustrations when attempting to communicate with an opposing faction for a quest. The only house you'll probably have issues with is Redoran. They are the "noble warrior" types and don't look kindly on folks that have friendly dealings with the Empire....

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 03:00 AM

Thanks Trail - I already knew about the sticky problem with the Fighter's Guild and Thieves Guild regarding the Code Book so I didn't want another conflict (or at least any more than normal). I belong to the underhanded sell-outs do I? Boy I can pick 'em can't I??? grin

What are those other houses on that list? I haven't come across them yet - are they part of Tribunal and Bloodmoon?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 03:05 AM

Nope, all of those fall within the original story one way or another, but might have more exposure in the expansions. Some you can join, some you can't. It's a big, big game...

Telvanni and Redoran are the more common, more than that and I'd be spoiling evil

Really the Hlaalu are just good at politics. They are actually saints compared to the Telvanni...

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 03:20 AM

Hi smile

Sounds like you're goin' great guns, Syd thumbsup

I've just attained level 2 - so am happy about that grin
[I'm a Dark Elf Knight - which sounds really weird to me - but I seem to be doin' OK as one and holding my own in combat (so far) happydance]

Still on pretty early quests though because, as predicted, I spend many hours "lost" .... But who cares ?? .... I'm enjoying myself and the scenery is pleasant lol

I was intending to join every Guild that will have me so should I NOT try for both the Fighters and the Thieves ?? Does that cause some drastic issues ?? eek

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 03:28 AM

Yup, every house and faction has a specific reaction to the other. If you take a look at the Reaction Table on the link I referred to Syd it shows how the disposition of members from each one will react to the other. You can increase the disposition of an individual towards you through persuasion, but it's not as easy as the mini-game in Oblivion and you many times have to resort to bribes.

Because of a later quest that requires some fast talking, personality is not a bad attribute to invest a couple points into either through level advances or by enchanting up a ring to have handy. That is much later in the main quest line though so you have loads and loads of time.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 04:57 AM

Finished Redemption with major cheats just to get it done and I am back into Morrowind. This time I am an Imperial (last time it was a Nord and nobody liked me). Did quite a bit that I remembered in Seyda Neen, hope Mad found the guy that fell out of the sky, neat robe and sword but I don't care for the headgear. I think I will be ok until I get on unknown turf. I am so far walking everywhere, just to find more stuff to do. I did find one thing that I didn't know before, if you press "Q" it keeps you walking or running until you press it again, so you can just guide with the mouse. I like to jump while walking and running to build up athletics, too bad I don't do this in real life. Just arrived in Balmora, must look for that guy and give him his package. I think I got into trouble the first play cause I did join Fighters and Thieves, won't make that mistake again.

I didn't realize how much I missed this game and am glad I didn't bypass it and go to Obivion which has been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 05:20 AM

..., neat robe and sword but I don't care for the headgear....

Ah yes, the practical yet, stylish Colovian Fur Helm. wink

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 05:52 AM

Hi smile

oops I DID join both the Fighters and the Thieves !!
So have I cooked my goose - or will I be OK if I only do quests from one of them ??

I haven't been able to find a thorough walkthrough to use as a reference guide.
[I like to check and see whether I'm missing anything crucial grin]

Banshee is usually the first place I look but they don't appear to cover Morrowind duh

Anyone know of one, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 06:12 AM

I think I remember one quest that conflicts between the two factions -- a thief quest to murder someone in the Fighter's Guild. But you can avoid that quest and just get quests from someone else. I'm certain I've rules the Mages, Fighters and Thieves Guilds at one time.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 06:30 AM

I found one before Mad but I will have to look through my stuff to see where it was. Somewhere I have a notebook with alot of info. I know that in this game you have to talk with everyone until you see that your journal has been updated. I was ok in the Fighters Guild, but in the Thieves, nobody liked me and I couldn't even pick a pocket without getting busted, so far I haven't joined anything yet.

The helm, I took it off, don't like the pinhead look, must go to the fort and steal some good looking armor.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 09:59 AM

Hi smile

oops I DID join both the Fighters and the Thieves !!
So have I cooked my goose - or will I be OK if I only do quests from one of them ??

I haven't been able to find a thorough walkthrough to use as a reference guide.
[I like to check and see whether I'm missing anything crucial grin]

Banshee is usually the first place I look but they don't appear to cover Morrowind duh

Anyone know of one, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Not much of an walkthrough, but it covers quite a lot (if not everything) thumbsup

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/morrownd.php

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 11:55 AM

The only quest I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that gets messed up if you join the Thieves Guild too soon after the Fighter's Guild is the one where you are supposed to get the code book from Sottide or whatever her name is in Balmora. But from what Smiley said there's a way around it later on so it's not that big of deal. There are fortunately lots of quest givers in the game so it doesn't prevent you from advancing, you just have to shift gears so to speak.

Hawaka glad you're back in the game. I'm a Breton Battlemage still at level 11 - still looking for that druggie husband. I think I may have to go back and speak to his wife again - I may not have triggerd the correct response to get him to appear because he sure isn't in this sewer and I'm starting to get wrinkles on the bottoms of my feet from all the water walking, but the humidity is great for my skin lol

Trail thanks for the info on those other houses. I never reallized there were more than the main ones.
Posted By: nickie

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 02:13 PM

Gamebanshee has one Mad, it's here . grin

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 04:52 PM

Hey Mad,

This Elder Scrolls wiki has always been one of my favorite resources. If you scroll down a bit on this page you'll see a link to Quest Walkthroughs under the main title of Gameplay Information.

Their walkthroughs are not quite as detailed as some, but are good when you need a nudge. They make up for it with the tons of other information they have including spell and weapons descriptions, console command codes, basic definitons and alchemic directions. thumbsup

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 06:30 PM

Hi All smile

And Wow !! Thanks for the new info and for those great walkthrough links !! bravo

I like to check up when I think I have done everything I can in a particular area because I inevitably find out about something I haven't done !! lol

[I never thought of going to UHS .... But I did go to Banshee and couldn't see Morrowind on their list. I guess they have a "search" function somewhere that I haven't found yet ?? A blazingly obvious one no doubt, if I were to just open my eyes whistle]

Enjoying this game very much right now thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad yay

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 06:59 PM

Mad Nickie posted the Tribunal w/t, if you have game of the year with Tribunal and Bloodmoon you will need that later. Here is the first one from Gamebanshee, it is listed under The Elder Scrolls.

Morrowind walkthrough

Mine is the one with all three, I had to uninstall Tribunal and Bloodman for now since I was being harrassed by assasins in my newborn weak state. Maybe the Morrowind veterans have a work around for that.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 08:32 PM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

I just dashed over to Banshee and to me it looks like all three Morrowind adventures are listed woozy

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/25/08 08:38 PM

I like their w/t's, don't have to pull up the whole thing all at once. I am like you where I want to do everything I can in the area when I am there.
Posted By: nickie

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 01:58 AM

I sure did do that Hawka laugh but the Morrowind walkthrough is just a click away on the left hand side. Just pretend it was a puzzle for Mad. devil

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 02:07 AM

rotfl with that I am going back in, got a couple of hours free to see what kind of trouble I can get into with the egg poachers.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 02:29 AM

rotfl with that I am going back in, got a couple of hours free to see what kind of trouble I can get into with the egg poachers.

If someone didn't know anything about Morrowind that statement would probably confuse the heck out of 'em lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 02:46 AM

Hi smile

And even more so if there was any "wearing of boots" involved devilchili

Cheers.

Mad wink

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 06:47 AM

I am too much of a wuss to beat the poachers now, I died three times, then went off to build my poor puny self up, sigh. Then the guy at the fort wants me to look for some bad guys in Balmora, something about the Camonna Tong, of course nobody is talking, I wish I didn't go and talk to him and might go back to a save before that. Oh my, I just found the info at UHS hints and I don't think I want to go there yet, I am much too weak. scared

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 01:55 PM

Hawka I had the same problem with those poachers. They killed me about five times before I gave up and left them for later. Same with the Telvanni Spies at the Ebony Mine near Caldera.

I finally found the druggie husband I was looking for. I hadn't triggered the right conversation with the missus the first time. Found the Morag Tong hideout and joined them - not too sure about it. I have to spike some poor slobs tea in Balmora as my "test" to see if I'm worthy of their little group. I think I'm going to have to up my sneak skills a considerable amount before I attempt this.

Have a question (eventually) - I was in Ald'rhun at the Rat in the Pot grilling a poor woman about her debts and went downstairs to see what was there and met a senior thief guy (Jewel something or other). He gave me the quest to steal something from the Mage's Guild, assured me all the mages were gone but guess what???? He lied. There was a mage there which accused me of being a thief and promptly killed me dead. Now being of the mage persuasion I know it's a no-no to steal from your own, so I was afraid I made an error and went back to a previous save and haven't gone back to talk to said senior thief guy. Here's the question (finally) grin Will I damage my rep with the Mage's Guild if I take on this quest? (because not only do I have to steal something, I see no other way out other than kill a fellow mage)

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 04:02 PM

The short answer is yes. You may want to build up your abilities before jumping into that one. What is your character level? This is one of the advantages to walking to your destinations. You will pick up small less intensive quests along the way and battle any number of beasts. It builds character, literally and most importantly your athletics skill which controls your fatigue. You've probably noticed by now that as your fatigue lowers so do your respective skills and chance at casting spells...

As for me, after making a small fortune selling, stealing and doing minor good deeds between Seyda Neen and Balmora I took the Silt Strider and couple boats to a number of locations so they would get marked on the map... Now, I'm busy performing "The Pilgrim's path" to gain entrance as a member of the Tribunal Temple (not to be confused with the expansion although they are related).

Let me tell you, nobody likes a "holy roller", well except the other folks in the Temple and House Redoran. I'm getting a little tired of hearing, "Oh my, did you borrow that outfit..from a guar?" One more time and my response will be, "Why no, I borrowed it from a member of the Dark Brotherhood. Care to see my technique?" Grrrrrrr mad

lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 05:34 PM

Hi smile

Like the goody-goody that I am I have mainly been walking everywhere .... which is probably why it takes me eons to complete one small quest .... but I did manage to duff up those egg poachers good & proper lol

However, some of the tombs I've gone into along the roads have housed baddies who whopped me in seconds with no trouble at all eek
[Unfortunately these places don't seem to be marked on any maps so I hope I'll be able to find them again when I've gotten tougher think]

I do need some help though please .... As I'm having problems working out how to use things like "health rings" and "scrolls".
I've tried following the only instructions I've actually found but no luck.
I am SO dim blush
Can anyone kindly offer a step-by-step tutoring, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 06:13 PM

Hi smile

I do need some help though please .... As I'm having problems working out how to use things like "health rings" and "scrolls".
I've tried following the only instructions I've actually found but no luck.
I am SO dim blush
Can anyone kindly offer a step-by-step tutoring, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

The following are instructions if you have not added the item or scroll to the quick key menu.

1. Right-Mouse-Click to bring up your menus
2. In the Magic menu, the one to the lower right, click the item you would like to use.
3. Right-Mouse-Click to close your menus
4. Hit "R" to raise your hands
5. Left-Mouse-Click to activate the item
6. Hit "R" to lower your hands

What ever you selected will stay selected, unless it is a single scroll that you use up. Then your magic item indicator box will show blank after you use it.

If you add an item to the Quick Keys you can just select its respective numeric key and the item will automatically be selected, your hands will raise and you will be set to just Left-Mouse-Click to activate the item, scroll or spell.

EDIT: Oh yea, one other thing related to walking. If you haven't already discovered this you can speed your way along a bit by running short distances and then walking until your fatigue is restored. That way you are more likely to be prepared for battle, but will still move a little more quickly along the path.

What I usually do on long treks is hit the "Q" key which sets your character on a constant walk (just disengage by hitting "Q" again), then I occasionally hold down the "Shift" key to send him running for a short distance and let off of it to bring him back to a walk. You get into a rhythm after awhile.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 07:06 PM

I just discovered "Q" this time around, I like it. I jump alot when I am running, it builds up athletics. I swear that the Nord I was previously was alot better at this that the Imperial I am now. I sure scream alot, I guess I will try looking for some cliffhangers to fight with.

Mad, I don't like going in those tombs, there are scarey things in them, some of them remind me of those things in Redemption.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 07:11 PM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

Thank you for that "magic" instruction - it worked first time !! bravo

Could I possibly ask now how to assign an item to a Quick Key ??
[I did try from the instructions I had found previously but failed with that too duh]

As for walking ....
Although I don't use the "Q" key I do alternate between walking and running - with one eye on my fatigue meter.
So I am doing something right at least lol

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 07:40 PM

Sure wink

1. Hit "F1" - This will bring up the Quick Key assignment window
2. Use the mouse to select (left click on) the key (1-0) you would like to assign an item.
3. Once you select a key (numbered square) the next menu will appear allowing you to select from your inventory menu (weapons, armor, potions etc.) or your magic menu (spells, enchanted jewelry, scrolls)
4. Select the inventory item or magic item/spell from their respective inventory and they will be assigned that particular quick key.
5. "OK" out of the Quick Key assignment window when you are done.

The next time you need one of the items assigned to the quick key just hit the associated numeric key you assigned and you will be ready to use that item. If it is a potion, I think your character will automatically drink it right away.

So I am doing something right at least lol

It's all about having fun laugh

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 08:46 PM

Hi again Trail_Mystic smile

Well, thank you for trying, but I still can't make "assigning to a number key" work ....

Your instructions are the same as those I found myself and when I follow them I just end up with a "gold fist" in the bottom left slot and an empty slot to the right of it.

And hitting any of the numbers I thought I had assigned stuff to doesn't do anything rolleyes

I told you I was dim whistle

hawkavonpuka
I've been able to kill the first one or two "things" I've met in the tombs but that's been it up to now duh need more practice, eh ?? Hehehe.

Cheers.

Mad slapforehead

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 10:24 PM

Mad, just hit F1, then when that box comes up you click on the box you want to put something in. It will come up with inventory, magic, something else and delete something from a quick key. When you click on that, find the object you want and it goes in nicely. I put a health restore potion and a different weapon. I never did figure it out last game play, thanks to Trail, I have it, now to remember to use it.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/26/08 10:56 PM

Trail I just made lvl 12. I'm sort of at a standstill on most of the faction quests. Can't get anymore from the Mages' since I'm not a wizard (can't train anymore because I keep getting told I can't train above the governing attribute which took me forever to figure out what that meant). I need a skill at 60 to advance to Wizard and my highest is at 53 right now so I need to level some more. I have to switch gears with the Figher's Guild because the guy in Vivec has decided he wants me to kill someone and I can't without getting a bounty on my head because my Speechcraft skills are so low I can't taunt anyone into attacking me first. In the Thieves Guild I'm supposed to get a key from someone but here again my speechcraft skills are too low and my sneak skills are pathetic.

I may have to actually stoop to doing a couple of the Main Quest quests lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 01:50 AM

Sounds like you're right where you should be Syd. thumbsup There are times when you run into so many quests you're not sure where to start and then there is this weird point in time when everything (except cliffracers lol ) slows down. That's usually when I strike out and start exploring. Have you been able to do any of the Daedric quests? Those can be real...interesting.

EDIT: Just thought of a couple other things that make it easier to get around and can get you out of trouble.

Scroll or Spell of Divine Intervention: When activated you are transported to the nearest fort with an Imperial Shrine.

Scroll or Spell of Almsivi Intervention: When activated you are transported to the nearest Tribunal Temple.

Mark and Recall Scroll or Spell: Mark, allows you to select a safe spot that you will be transported to when you use the Recall spell or scroll.

If you have a spell for any of the above you can enchant or have enchanted an item with it to use in a time of need. Comes in handy when you are low on magic, or feeling lazy smile

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 02:53 AM

Hi Trail_Mystic and hawkavonpuka smile

I don't what I'm doing wrong - something obviously - but following your instructions to the letter several times has got me nowhere with the "allocating a key" thing.

I think I will just have to give up on it.
I am wasting playing time trying to get it to work !! eek

lol

EDIT :
Well, I think I've clanged BIG TIME !!
I was given a helmet to use as a disguise in order to obtain some "orders" for a woman of the Hilaalu House - but I completely forgot and must have sold the helmet during one of my trading sessions with someone, somewhere ....
Is there any way I can still progress within Hilaalu House without completing this quest as a great deal of water has passed under a great many bridges since I was actually given it ?? frown

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 05:24 AM

Give me a bit to research this. I can probably find the console code that will get you the helmet.

Looks like it is a standard Redoran sand adept helmet. You can probably purchase one in Ald Ruhn, but let me check on that console code first.

EDIT:

OK, try this...

1. While you're in the game press the tilde key (~) That should bring up the console window.
2. Now type the following exactly as I have it here:

player->AddItem "bonemold_gah-julan_hhda"

3. Press enter and if the type for the command turns blue it worked
4. Press the tilde key again and that will close the console window
5. Check your inventory and you should have a Native Gah-Julan Bonemold helm.

luck

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 05:40 AM

Hi smile

My goodness !! Thank you for all this help, Trail_Mystic. I am very grateful indeed happydance

I just hope you realise there could be "console" lessons required next rotfl

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 06:00 PM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

My last post and the edit you made to your last post practically crossed and as I've only just revisited Gameboomers since then, I've only just found your cheat instruction yes

Anyway, I tried it about a minute ago and the script did turn blue when I hit ENTER but when I attempted to close down the console window, I got the following message in it - plus the options list of "New,Load,Save etc" appeared superimposed over the game scene that was on screen :

Script SysWindow CompileandRun You need to enter a count on line 1 (?)
Compiled script not saved!

[The 1 is followed by something that looks a bit like a question mark.]

Is this curable do you think ?? Because the helmet has not appeared in inventory.

Sorry to be such a nuisance !!!!

Cheers.

Mad slapforehead
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 06:16 PM

Hey Mad try planetelderscrolls site and if I remember correctly there are pages and pages of cheats. I know they have them for Oblivion - maybe for Mrrwnd. Let's hope so. You guys have me all hot to play M. again and I was all ready to play Painkiller in PMS level.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/27/08 09:35 PM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

My last post and the edit you made to your last post practically crossed and as I've only just revisited Gameboomers since then, I've only just found your cheat instruction yes

Anyway, I tried it about a minute ago and the script did turn blue when I hit ENTER but when I attempted to close down the console window, I got the following message in it - plus the options list of "New,Load,Save etc" appeared superimposed over the game scene that was on screen :

OK, I figured it out. The reason you got the "New, Load, Save, etc" was probably because you slipped when hitting the (~) key and hit the (Esc) key instead. The error you got was because of the code I gave you my mistake. I had a couple errors in it. Here is the correct one...(sorry blush )

player->AddItem "bonemold_gah-julan_helm" 1

I tried that one and it worked. See, that's what I get for trying to answer questions just before I run off to work oops

So, just do the steps I had in the other post except use the line above for the code...

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/28/08 01:25 AM

I got a pipe off of Ernil Omoran's body outside of Balmora. I am supposed to use my lockpick or magic on rhw door to give it and a note back to Tsiya in Balmora. When trying the journeyman's lockpick it says the lock is too complex, so what kind of magic should I look for, or is there a better lockpick?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/28/08 02:44 AM

Hi Trail_Mystic smile

Thank you for taking even more time to try and get me sorted praise
[Now that you are a Mod (on top of everything else you already do) I'm sure you won't have too many spare moments eek

Anyway, I'll type in the new line and see if that does the trick for me thumbsup

I doubt if I slipped onto the ESC key by mistake though because I tried the cheat several times - and most carefully - but we'll see what happens now grin

EDIT :
The new line worked !!!! Thank you SO much broccoli

[And thanks Yankee Clipper for your advice also !!]

Thanks again and Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/28/08 03:40 AM

I got a pipe off of Ernil Omoran's body outside of Balmora. I am supposed to use my lockpick or magic on rhw door to give it and a note back to Tsiya in Balmora. When trying the journeyman's lockpick it says the lock is too complex, so what kind of magic should I look for, or is there a better lockpick?

Nope, a more skilled character. Your security skill is too low, so no matter how good the lockpick it won't work. You have three options, train-up your security, find or buy a scroll that will have an unlock spell for that level lock, buy a spell that will unlock that level lock (if your character is skilled enough in alteration to use it-if not the scroll would be the best bet).

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/28/08 04:03 AM

Ok, I will work on that, at least I know what to look for in a scroll. At least I got my Boots of Blinding Speed again. I know my character is a wuss though, slowly getting better at fighting.
Thanks Trail

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 12:27 AM

So, I was wandering around down south (having been sent there on a quest) and I stumbled on a tomb. Inside said tomb were fire and frost atronachs which promptly dispatched me. After a few more loads I finally dispatched them grin and much to my glee I found a robe that has the constant effect of feather so now I can carry more stuff thumbsup I now have around 50,000 gold in my pockets and guess I could train more but I'm kind of having fun leveling up the old fashioned way by just doing rather than paying. In another tomb nearby I found a sword made of glass - it's really cool looking so I'm keeping it along with my axe. I really do need to find some neat looking armor however.

I'm right now looking for a dead beat in Ald'rhun that hasn't paid his creditors, plus I'm looking for a trader that I need to talk to for a main quest quest.

How's everyone else doing?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 02:28 AM

.... I now have around 50,000 gold in my pockets and guess I could train more but I'm kind of having fun leveling up the old fashioned way by just doing rather than paying....

I'm so moved by that statement. sad It seems like only yesterday you were running around with an iron dagger in your boiled netch armor and pig-tails. lol

I ended up putting Morrowind to the side for a bit in favor of the The Bard. I got the urge to replay it after they had it on sale over at GoGame and it's actually a lot more fun than I remember..can you say hooked...again. cool

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 03:57 AM

In Caldera I found some armor in his honors place up the hill, no body was paying attention so I stole it. There is more in the guards tower and no guards so I am planning to steal it also. I am stashing it in Shenks since it is too heavy for me to wear now. I did keep out the shield though and am going back to sic the poachers. Syd where did you amass all that gold, I am sooooo poor that I have to walk everywhere. I just joined the Mages, already in the Fighters and think I am going to stay away from the Thieves for now. Any suggestions on a "House", do I have to? What are the pros and cons?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 04:46 AM

Here's a very brief summation of the Houses.

Hlaalu: Heavily involved in politics and intrigue. They know how to sweet talk the Imperials so, as a result are the favorite of the Empire. They also employ assassins when needed. Advancement is usually done by doing favors for others, bribery and the occasional "oops, now how did that poison dart get there?" lol They are a good choice for either someone who relies on stealth, ranged weapons, magic users or speechcraft to get by.

Telvanni: Wizards with a power complex. The more power they get the more they want. The Telvanni ruling counsel is scary powerful and have the ability to "see" what is going on around Morrowind through arcane means. Advancement is through a combination of doing favors for the right people and attrition. In other words if you can kill someone to get ahead, go ahead. A good choice for the magic user.

Redoran: The traditional noble warriors of Vvardenfell. While the Ashlanders live in the ways of their Dark Elf ancestors, House Redoran still keeps up traditions, but has become more "civilized". They value faith, honor and strength. As a result they are also an ally to the Tribunal Temple. Advancement will be by allying yourself with a senior member of the Redoran counsel and performing a variety of favors and task for them. House Redoran is a good choice for the character that favors melee or a balance between melee and magic although they are not on the favorites list with the mages guild because of their association with the Tribunal Temple.

Allying yourself with the Tribunal Temple or one of their allies drops your disposition rating with mages around 5-10 points depending on your Personality attribute. The Tribunal Temple has the advantage of getting you on the good side of the Ordinators, which is a very good thing because they are tough. It's also interesting if you wish to learn a good deal about the back story of Vvardenfell and the Dark Elves.

Just thought of adding this tip in case anyone didn't know. If you come across Ordinator armor in your travels NEVER wear it in the presence of other Ordinators unless you want to dodge them constantly during the game. Ordinators are the Holy Warriors and protectors of the Tribunal Temple and take their job very, very seriously. Their armour is blessed by Vivec and can only be worn by a member of their order. So if you feel like putting on an Ordinator helmet and dancing around Vivec singing "nya, nya, boo, boo" you should probably save your game first... lol

The advantages of Allying yourself with a House are getting more quests that help your character advance. Associated with those quests are usually gold and/or some cool trinkets (armor, weapons, magic stuff). You'll also have better access to facilities in certain cities that may favor a particular House. Disadvantage comes up later in the game in the main quest tasks:

Click to reveal..
You will eventually need to gain the confidence of all of the Great Houses. Your House selection will determine how easy or hard that will be

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 12:33 PM

In Caldera I found some armor in his honors place up the hill, no body was paying attention so I stole it. There is more in the guards tower and no guards so I am planning to steal it also. I am stashing it in Shenks since it is too heavy for me to wear now. I did keep out the shield though and am going back to sic the poachers. Syd where did you amass all that gold, I am sooooo poor that I have to walk everywhere.

In Caldera there's a Scamp merchant that buys and sells items at their exact value grin

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/morrownd/907.php (3rd from top)

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 05:23 PM

The old Creeper. I always got a kick out of some of his responses. thumbsup

Hawk,
There isn't a Siltstrider that goes to Caldera, but if you don't feel like walking you can have the Mages Guild transport you.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 05:47 PM

Thanks Trail for the info on the houses, it seems most likely I will end of with Redoran, but I am going to think on it for awhile. I joined the Mages basically cause I remember some of their quests that were easy and I liked, plus the cheap travel option. Will keep that in mind about the Ordinators armor.

Smiley456, I remember the Creeper from my previous play and from my grandsons, he used to play only to steal and sell everything in and out of sight. He would run about in his skivvies and sword, but he sure had lots of gold. I will pay him a visit soon and offload my mismatched armor.

I was trying to do a screenshot the other day and it said something about it not enabled and to do something to enable it. I did not know what to do, can someone help with this?

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 06:11 PM

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind

2. Look for the file Morrowind.ini and open it using Notepad

3. Find the line that states [Screen Shot Enable=0] and change the 0 to a 1 so it reads [Screen Shot Enable=1]

4. Save and close the file and you should be set to do screen shots. thumbsup

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/30/08 09:57 PM

I thank you again Trail, couldn't figure out where the pics were though since I couldn't paste it. Of course stored in the same Morrowind folder. Here is the weakly scrawny character Morrowind Hawka

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/31/08 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Smiley456
[In Caldera there's a Scamp merchant that buys and sells items at their exact value grin

I spent a lot of time with Creeper in my games, and towards the end had so much gold I was loaded up with Constant Effect clothes and jewellery and enchanted weapons to the point where my character looked like a goddess. I had so much money it almost became pointless. And Creeper is the best place to store really good items, since they will always be there when you go back to him with more stuff.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 05/31/08 12:06 PM

I know what you mean Trail, my little battlemage is growing up so fast [sniff]

Hi Hawka - I got a lot of my gold by raiding dwemer ruins (got sent there by Edwinna Elbert at the Mage's guild in Ald'ruhn) and selling the stuff to Creeper. I also found a really expensive weapon in a sewer room under one of the cannons in Vivec - it's worth 40,000 gold (I haven't sold that yet, it's sitting by Creeper waiting for me to decide what to do with it)
The only downside to the dwemer ruins is the stuff is heavy so you can only take a few things at a time and they are way up north. To get back and forth I cheat (the only thing I cheat on in this game). I used the console cheat to get me back and forth between the ruins and Caldera. I don't have a Mark spell haven't been able to find anyone who sells them yet (I do have a Recall spell however). I've also sold a few of the Dark Brotherhoods getups - they fetch a bit of change.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/01/08 06:32 AM

Um Syd, can you post the link to the cheat for quick travel, or PM or spoiler it. I feel there is alot of travel coming up with these new quests I took on. I have left a lot of my stuff in the Mages and Fighters Guilds, but I still don't have room for much baggage.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/01/08 07:39 AM

Here you go Hawk:

1. Open the console by hitting (~)
2. Type: coc "name of city" The quotation marks are required.
3. Hit Enter

You should then appear in the city of your choice.

I think this one is OK out in the open. One warning I would give to anyone using this cheat too early in the game when you don't have enough gold to train-up is that you will sacrifice developing your athletics attribute. This will cause you to continue to use your fatigue quickly and have it restore at a slower pace. In Morrowind Fatigue has an impact on spell casting as well as melee. For every point of fatigue you are lacking the percentage chance of casting a successful spell is reduced as is the amount of damage you can inflict with a weapon, ranged or otherwise.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/01/08 02:53 PM

Hi hawka - I've PM'd you on what I use. It's a bit more complicated then what Trail listed which is why I only use it to get back and forth when there's a lot of stuff to carry. I always trudge to the location first but walking miles back and forth with only say one dwemer cog, isn't my idea of fun grin

Speaking of trudging, I'm working on a Main Quest quest which has sent me to the very top of the map. I'm looking for an Ashlander camp of some sort. I know where I need to be but for the life of me can't find a road to take me there hardwall I'm sure I'll find it eventually but gad it's ugly up here in the Ashlands. I came across a round building of some sort but can't find a way in. I can see windows but no door. Not even sure what it is because no name comes up on the map. Have found a couple of caves to raid and slaves to free so it's not a total loss - too bad the slaves don't have anything to say or sell because they all love me lol

I think I'm level 13 or 14 right now. Did spend some bucks on getting my Speechcraft up - maybe then I can taunt or bribe people better.

I also joined the Imperial Legion and have to haul around their Curass and wear it or they won't talk to me (what a pain - more weight). I just finished their first quest and have completed three of the Seven Pilgrim quests for the Temple. I'm thinking I need to concentrate on one faction again or I'm going to be really, really confused (as opposed to being just really confused) crazy

That's about it for Madge now - we're off to see the Ashlanders if we can ever find them.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/01/08 04:14 PM

Yea, there are about 3 ways to enter that command into the console, "coc" in the shortcut. You can also get more specific about where you want to be dropped off, example:

coc "balmora, temple"
and *poof*, well after it loads the background you are there.

IMPORTANT: I just thought of this while I was typing. Make sure you save game before using this cheat. When you hit enter you are forcing an "insta-load" of all the graphics associated with that area and it can crash the game. This is rare, but better safe than sorry.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/02/08 07:07 AM

Sorry I haven't been ignoring you all, but today was the final Flag Football game for my grandson and his sister the cheerleader. So we did the long drive down to Kona to roast in the sun and vog, leaving about 7 am and getting home at 5. Of course that is where Wals and Costco are, so...... Got your PM Syd, my brain is not functioning yet so will look at all this tomorrow. I don't plan to use it for nothing, I love trudging about, but not to carry loot back and forth. Last night I was looking forever for the Dwemer ruins, Arkngthand and couldn't find them. So I come up for air, look at the w/t and I was totally in the wrong area. Hopefully tomorrow I will find the right place. I am still at level one and hopefully will start to progress soon. At least now I have some gold to spend on training, though I did splurge on some new clothes, I just hate wearing that common stuff.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 02:47 AM

Hi Folks wave

Been away visiting with my little Grandson and have been learning Wii stuff .... Enjoyed it hugely .... And very soon became addicted.
[I just need to level up enough to beat a (nearly) seven year old now !!!! lol]

I am thinking I'll re-start Morrowind and join a different "House".
I reckon I made the wrong choice for the kind of character I like to be.
With such a great game, starting over will be just a pleasure though, so off I go !!!! happydance

Doubtless I'll be back here in no time, needing help, as usual wink

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 03:24 AM

Welcome back Mad! wave

There is no such thing as a "wrong house" in Morrowind. The run-down I gave isn't official, just what I've seen. You can be in any house, it just changes the way the game plays out. smile

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 03:58 AM

Hi Trail_Mystic grin

Well, it's not just preferring a different "House", I truly think I could actually do better - now I have more got the hang of the game tomato

Nice to be back and get a "welcome" happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 04:47 AM

I am still shuffling along at a measy level 2, does training help you level up faster? I still have not been able to beat the Telvanni agents in the cave, not fair that all three come at me at once. The guy outside was a piece of cake and I trained with him before killing him. I always have a hard time finding that trail through the rocks, though I have no problem finding my way out of there. Meanwhile I am doing this piddling little misc quests like escorting, just for money and brownie points. By the way the teleporting cheats don't bring along the person you are escorting, I lost Rabinna a couple of times trying it out. We walked all the way to Ebonheart, I couldn't let them do her in. Now I miss her purring, if that is what it was.

Glad to see you back Mad!!! Missed you!! Trail do you know if you can start a new game and still keep the other one? Or does choosing new wipe out everything else. I am tempted to see how I would do as some sort of elf, but don't want to lose the game I have now.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 05:25 AM

Training will help you level up, and it's a great help early in the game if you can afford it. Just resist, if you can, the urge to over-train, because you can level up too fast and end up too powerful.

And don't worry, although the first little while is difficult, before you know it there won't be much that can get in your way. Just do the noobie quests, go to Balmora, meet your contact, join a Guild, and go with the flow. The Mages can teleport you around, so that's a good one to start with.

If you want to start a new game and keep your old, just copy your saves to another file somewhere else on your computer.

I've always played elves in Morrowind, often a custom battlemage to start with and adding thief skills early on in the game. Just make sure you have one good melee skill so begin with.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 06:52 AM

That's a good point about the melee skills. Even if you prefer to be a spell caster you need to start bashing heads first, because the magic levels are so low to start.

Hey Hawk,
It never occurred to me to use that cheat with another person. Those cheats are made by the developers so they can easily navigate in the game while coding and testing. I'll give you a little "cheat spoiler" evil There are rooms that exist in morrowind that can only be accessed with that cheat. One is actually quite dangerous... devil

There is probably a mod out there that you could use to get around faster, not sure if anyone has been able to code it so it brings along your companion. Here is a link to 200+ pages of Morrowind mods...what fun! lol

Planet Elder Scrolls - Morrowind Mods

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 09:38 PM

Thanks for the link Trail, I saved it for later. For now I am just trudging along, I did some training in Balmora since I have bit of gold to spend. I swear that my Nord was not quite so easy to kill on the game I lost, as this Imperial is. I joined Mages and Fighters, haven't picked a house yet.

I found that coc Ebonheart doesn't work too well, I told Rabinna to wait to test it as I couldn't find Ebonheart (wrong turn of course). So I use it and end up stuck in some pier, unable to move anywhere, funny.

Next choice, off to Ald'ruhn to look for work (getting blown with dust) or to Punabi and Sulipund for the Mages guild. The lava rock all over reminds me of the road down to Kona, no cliffracers there though, just goats.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/04/08 10:57 PM

I found that coc Ebonheart doesn't work too well, I told Rabinna to wait to test it as I couldn't find Ebonheart (wrong turn of course). So I use it and end up stuck in some pier, unable to move anywhere, funny.

Ouch! lol I think I remember ending up in a cliff face near Balmora once.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 03:39 AM

Hi smile

I have acquired several books and some are quite valuable.

Am I allowed to sell any books I might get or am I supposed to keep specific ones - does anyone know, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 04:27 AM

Some books are associated with quests, but you'll have those listed in your journal. The Vampires of Vaardenfell Volume 2 rings a bell, for instance. But there are multiple copies of books in the game, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. And of course the books that give you skill points are useless once used, so you can sell them as you like.

I always tried to sell books to the same bookseller so I could find them again if I needed them -- although that didn't happen too often. Unfortunately the little Creep(er) won't take them.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 04:44 AM

Hi hagatha smile

Many thanks for that fast and helpful reply thumbsup

I will pester people to buy my books now, first chance I get lol

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 05:15 AM

Again, I always made sure I sold them to a bookseller and not to a pawn shop, because there are only so many booktores.

After a while it won't matter -- you'll have lots of cash and you can stash things you aren't sure of in your favourite spot. Later in my games the two bedrooms in the Ald'ruhn Mage Guild were stacked high with books and armour and jewellery and weapons I planned on selling or thought might be part of a quest. The storage room chests were bulging with ingredients and sets of alchemy equipment. Then I went off to the expansions and left it all lying there -- presumably for the next adventurer that came along.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 05:32 AM

That is funny Hagatha, keeping stuff in a stash forever, hope I find it. My grandson killed a store owner and kept all his stuff neatly on the shelves. Mine always ends up on the floor. Books I only read, don't keep as they are too heavy to lug around. Maybe when I am stronger I will go back and get them and sell them. Probably would get busted for stealing them anyway. Speaking of getting busted, I bought Moon Sugar (couldn't resist) at the Earthly Delights in Suran. I have to throw it on the floor before anyone will barter with me but I know the trader in Balmora will buy it. If I am going to get busted, should I just off it or gulp, use it, can't believe I said that.

Another question, is it possible to walk around from Suran through Bal Ur, then around the lake to Marandus. I don't see a trail on the map, but I am sure I did this on the first (unfinished) play. I remember vaguely the dues quest. I don't have the ability to walk over water and don't want to swim with those icky things in the water.

This game is soooo addicting, must be the moon sugar, hehehe!!!!

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 03:29 PM

Hi smile

hagatha ....
Oh, I won't pawn anything if I can help it as I probably won't get good value. Book shops for me !! wink

hawkavonpuka ....
Before you get high on your illegal substances shame I think we should join forces and go root out hagatha's cache !! lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/05/08 03:36 PM

If you kill of the smugglers in the cave near the Seyda Neen silt-strider dock you can take it over to stash your stuff. It never repopulates.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 05:45 AM

I seem to remember walking just about everywhere in the game on my first go-round (this was before I had an epiphany about Those Boots and certain Constant Effect Spells), but you need to be pretty fit to be able to get up some of those slopes.

Water Walk is always one of the first spells I look for because it's so useful.

Speaking of water, Morrowind is the only game I can remember ever playing where the world underwater is as real and complete as the world above water. The details are marvellous. Oblivion does that to some extent, but the edge of the world is very close to shore. In Morrowind you can walk for ages on top of the sea...and who knows what you'll find underneath?

Come to think of it, I remember going back into that cave near Sayda Neen and being annoyed that it hadn't repopulated. But I wouldn't dream of storing all my stuff in a damp, drippy cave. The fabrics, my dear, think of those lovely dresses and fine robes. My beautiful slippers would get all mouldy. My shiny armour and weapons all rusty. And what it would do to books...well, it doesn't bear thinking about. No, I prefer to store my things in the Mage Guild House. Lots of room, and the servants clean it daily.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 06:24 AM

Hagatha, I have my stuff in the Mages Guild also, is there any way to get stuff off of the floor?

I was thrilled today, I found the cheat to change my race, hair sex whatever, I saved and tryed it out, neat. I am still an Imperial, but tempted to change to a High Elf, my grandson said I look better but need to change my hair. rolleyes I wonder if it would change the way I do things, at this point.

Meanwhile I stole all the gold from Dren Plantation, boy was I eyeing up those $30,000+ items. I saved and tryed sneak, but he caught me and killed me dead, splat on the ground, goners.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 02:24 PM

Hi smile

"splat on the ground, goners"

rotfl

One of my frequent positions !!!!

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 10:00 PM

... killed me dead, splat on the ground, goners.

Agreed, that was actually a hobby of my charcter when I first began playing Morrowind! lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 11:22 PM

Did yours scream too, or is that just the female characters. It is like stop screaming and just kill them, distracting. I am off to Marandis or there about, cliff hangers are sooooo annoying.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/06/08 11:56 PM

The best screams are in the follow-up; Oblivion. Play an Imperial male once and let him get beat up. The Owww! Ahhh! Arrrrgh! WO! is hilarious. They must have been cracking up in the studio when the voice actor was dubbing those in lol

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/07/08 06:58 AM

Hagatha, I have my stuff in the Mages Guild also, is there any way to get stuff off of the floor?

Oh, sure. I had very tall and wobbly stacks of books all over the floor -- just like my bedroom at home -- and the bed was piled high with shiny things I just had to bring home (and then never looked at again). Towards the end of each game I was just pitching stuff into those two bedrooms and leaving.

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/07/08 07:54 AM

What shiny things? Do you have anything of value, if so Mad and I are going to raid your room, watch out for us.

Meanwhile I survived (barely) Punabi and Sulipund, the people in there weren't a problem buy boy have I been pecked apart by the Cliffracers, ouch. I killed the conjurer by the bridge, I accidently ran into him from the wrong side and died, but then managed to go around and kill him in a couple of sword strokes. Now I am scared to go into that place to get the puzzle box, I quit there for another day.

Have a day trip tomorrow and family coming for a week, sooo.....
I will be back!!!!!!

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/07/08 01:26 PM

I love shiny things [sigh]

Mad the only books so far that I've found I need are three that you pick up during quests for the Mages Guild in Ald'ruhn - one of them is called Hanging Gardens the other Eggs of Time (or something like that) and the third I can't remember right off the top of my head).  I haven't used them yet but Edwinna hinted to the fact that they were important and I needed someone to translate so I've been carting them around for awhile.  Other than that I have either sold them to a bookstore or stacked them at the Balmora Mage's guild. Now I need to do the buy a bunch of stuff from Creeper so he has more money so he can buy my expensive stuff from me and then buy my own stuff back from him chore.  Wish I could find that mudcrab guy - isn't he supposed to have more starting gold than Creeper?

Madge is now level 15 and she is zooming all over the place in her spiffy Boots of Blinding Speed - 'course it's always twilight now but since the scenery in this game isn't much to look at anyway it's no big deal (except when I went into a tomb and forgot to take them off - then it was a tad hard to see the spectors and skeletons coming at me) crazy

Madge and I are trying to finish up the Paths of Pilgrim quests.  We just escorted someone to the Fields of Kummu and are now heading to Vivec to complete the last two quests there if I can figure out how to get inside the Temple that is.  Made it through the Ghostgate without too much trouble.  I'm right now in some Myan temple looking thing and just got through clearing out all the folk who took exception to my being in there.  Now I'm gathering loot from their still, dead bodies and hauling the stuff back to The Creepman. (I have to admit I'm getting rather good at wacking baddies with my axe. I love my axe - it's so pretty)  grin
Posted By: MaG

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/07/08 01:33 PM

Re: A Morrowind Question - 06/07/08 01:37 PM

Put a goofy looking helmet on her and that's me lol  I love her Maggers.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 03:50 PM

That's great Mag! lol

Hey Syd, the mudcrab is hard to find. If you have a water walking spell it makes it a bit easier and less dangerous to locate him. If I recall corretly you have to strike out north east from Vivec. There is a group of small islands a few clicks from Vivec and he is on one of them. Just be careful not to kill him, thinking he's just another mudcrab...

Just did a little checking. Look for the ruins of Ald Sotha and then just east of that is an island that should have another ruin called Mzahnch. His island is just east of that...

Here is a map of the region

Ascadian Islands

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 04:15 PM

Thanks Trail - it just so happens I do have a water walking spell and have used it to island hop before. You'd think if this crab critter is a merchant he'd make himself a bit easier to find. Doesn't he know it's location, location, location - honestly lol

Made it into the Puzzle Canal (it's under the Palace not the Temple - no wonder I couldn't find it) crazy I have this neat levitation spell on me right now - couldn't figure out how I was able to climb walls until I checked - pretty cool - I need to get one of these for myself grin

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 04:34 PM

That was the one that ended with presenting the sword right? I always liked the "tame" Daedric lords in Morrowind. They all have such a sarcastic attitude.. lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 05:51 PM

Hi smile

TM ....
I'm doing fine with my newly started game and have now very nearly caught up to where I was with my original attempt bravo but I am having trouble with using scrolls.

I have lots I would like to use and have been trying to follow your instructions (from earlier in this thread) which worked for me before. But on this play they don't appear to - or I am doing something wrong and don't realise it woozy

I disarm myself, open my Magic Inventory and click on the scroll I want to use, but when I then R click to close the inventory, the scroll I was holding disappears too eek
I can raise my arms with the "R" key but have nothing to put in them sad

Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong ??

And Syd ....
I haven't yet been asked to "find" any books for a quest so those that I do find, and can steal, I sell off at the next place that will buy them. [All helps with the pocket money lol]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 07:14 PM

You're close Mad, the way you are approaching it is just a little off.

You don't have to "put" anything into your arms when you are going to use a scroll. Don't select the scroll from the item inventory, select it from the magic inventory to the lower right. You just click on the scroll you want to use. Then after you close your inventory, hit "R" to raise your arms and then just click the left mouse button, that will activate the scroll. Remember scrolls are one-use-only items, so if you're going to try it out again to make sure you are doing it right you'll want to save game just before giving it a try. wink

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 09:07 PM

Found Mr. Mudcritter and also bought a Mark spell (already had Recall) so here's my question. I have casted (I'm absolutely positive "casted" is not a word and my 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Winmill is turning over in her grave as I type but anyway)grin the Mark spell near Mr. Crab and have gone on my merry way to loot and pillage. When I Recall back to him do I have to re-Mark before I leave or is it once Marked, forever Marked until you Mark somewhere else?

Also, how do I make a spell? Do I have to have any particular attributes in order to accomplish it? I played around with one but I have no idea what to do with spell points and the distance thing. All I know is when I was done playing around my spell was running me 1583 gold so I cancelled lol

And how do you enchant? How high does my enchant attribute have to be? Right now it's pretty low since it's a minor, minor attribute of mine.

In my travels today I came across a place called Berandas up around Gnisis. I cleared out all the baddies (and found some really expensive swords called Fiend Katanas - worth 9000 gold each and an ebony axe worth 15000) and then went into another part of the building and there were these monoliths with red swirlies around them. I went up to one and it told me I didn't have an Index??? What the heck is an Index, where do I find one, and why would I need one?

Other than that Madge and I are doing just swell - we're level 16 and have 126,000+ gold in our pockets. All in all it's been a pretty productive game day grin

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/07/08 11:56 PM

You crack me up Syd lol

Spells are dependent on your skill levels. So, if you have a high skill level in Destruction it will take less magicka to cast a big spell than someone who has a lower level. Now, I'll have to pull out my old strategy guide, but I think your mysticism level also dictates spell making in some sense as well.

Enchanting can be kind of complex. I usually refer folks to this link, it goes through all the "stuff" better than I can:

Enchanting in Morrowind

Oh, and now it sounds like your in the creepy dark part of the Morrowind story if your looking for an index (known as a Propylon Index). If you have an index you can use those rooms with the swirly red things ( lol ) to transport you to other rooms with swirly red things around Morrowind.... That was the way the ancient Dunmer moved around. Unfortunately the Indicies are very difficult to find...

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 02:12 AM

Hi TM smile

I am ashamed to say I was using the inventory for my scroll efforts blush blush

Is that pathetic or is that pathetic ?? duh

Thank you for steering me back on to the straight and narrow lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 06:47 AM

The Morrowind interface isn't all that easy to figure out, so no ned to feel bad about not being able to cast spells. The first time I played I didn't use spells unless I absolutely had to.

I never actually found all of the Propylon Indices. Let me tell you, trying to travel with only a few of them activated is an excercise in frustration. With all the jumping around and trying to work out where I was going and, if necessary, trying to get BACK to try another route, it was sometimes easier just to walk (or fly).

Enchanting is helpful insofar as you can use filled Soul Gems to recharge your magic weapons. The higher your level, the more efficient you are, and the fewer Soul Gems you'll use to recharge things. But as for actually creating enchanted items, it isn't worth it unless you get to a really high level, and by the time you get to that point you'll have plenty of money to pay an Enchanter to create your magic items. It'll cost you, but it's worth it. My personal favourites are Deadric weapons that steal health. Very handy. And of course, amulets and rings and clothing with Cnstant Effect spell on them. Strength is particularly helpful for lugging around all that loot.

I've created a few trinkets and the odd decent weapon myself, but I've never managed to make a Constant Effect item. Best leave that to the experts and go to a Mage Guild.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 07:48 AM

Oh Help and more Help please. I am trying to do the Dwemer Puzzle Box quest and and stuck in this maze thing, which do I do first" The hints said Centrifuge, Weeping Heavens, Hollow Hand, I got to Hollow Hand but nowhere to go from there, this is like a maze and I don't like them. I am about to cheat the box if I can find it, bandits in here are easy, they die really fast, but I hate deadends. Hints says to use rocks or levitate, cant levitate and what rocks. This place is making me dizzy, stole all the gold but too much other stuff to carry out.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 03:05 PM

Hawka all I remember about the puzzlebox was it was on a middle or bottom shelf and it seems like I had to kill a baddie who was in the room at the time. I also seem to remember seeing him from above and jumping down because I couldn't figure out where the door to get in was. I didn't do any of the areas in any particular order, just plowed through them (which is probably why I could never find the door in). Not much help I know. Hopefully Trail or hagatha will have more info.

So hagatha, all I need to do is ask one of the enchanters at the Mages Guild to enchant something for me? I have never used a soul gem before so have no idea how to go about it. I do have a weapon called Soul Drinker I've been lugging around plus the Grand Soul Gem I lifted from the Balmora Mages Guild. Just don't know what to do with either. If it's easier to just have someone enchant maybe I'll sell the Soul Drinker weapon and the gem (however I'm sure the two merchants with the most money won't buy soul gems - may just keep the thing and turn it into a pretty necklace grin

Guess I'll not worry about those Index thingies. Sounds like a lot more trouble than they are worth.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 03:16 PM

Keep the soul gem and Soul Drinker! Oops sorry to yell lol, but you need soul gems even if you have someone enchant for you. Really good filled soul gems will cost tens of thousands of gold so keep the sword and the gem and look for more soul gems. More in a bit....

EDIT: You need to get other souls gems such as petty, common, greater... When you are in a fight use Soul Drinker as the killing blow and that will fill a soul gem. Different creatures fill different soul gems and each impart a different amount of power. If you kill a rat with Soul Drinker and all you have on you at the time is the Grand Soul gem then it's soul will move into it, which is a waste. You want to go after the biggies for Grand Soul gems. Check out the link that I posted it will have charts on what is what...If you stole that grand soul gem from Balmora you won't be able to use the enchanter there. Everytime you try she will now accuse you of stealing and the mages will try to kill you. Killing or attacking a mage means you're out of the guild so best to go somewhere else.

EDIT 2: Hawk, Syd is right, the box is on a shelf. I think it's in the same room with the boss bandit.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 04:26 PM

Hi smile

Nice to know being dumb doesn't count against me too much lol

As for spells or other stuff of that nature, I haven't even considered going down those roads yet !! eek

[I am sure I will be just as dumb there rotfl]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 06:41 PM

I am like Mad, not ready to go there with the Soul Gems and such, but hopefully I will retain this info for later. Does the gem have to be pysically on your body, or just in inventory?

Syd, I will go back in look for the box, maybe my eyes were too tired last night. I jumped down also, didn't see any other way in. I think all the baddies are dead now cause the game let me rest in there. If I can't find my way out, I will just teleport, but I hate to leave all that stuff in there. Now I want to find that Soul Drinker. I bought a couple of swords in Suran and they work much better than my old Sparksword. I just hate to part with any weapons, at least the magic ones.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Trail_Mystic
Keep the soul gem and Soul Drinker!

Keeping Grand soul gem and Soul Drinker, Sir! grin I do have other soul gems in my inventory - lots of them as a matter of fact. So if I say, kill a rat with the soul drinker, will the soul be smart enough to know which soul gem to occupy? As to the Grand soul gem - so far the Balmora Mages haven't caught on that I have it - they love me there. According to the head mage person - "it's an honor to be in my presence" whistle I will however take my business with this gem elsewhere just in case.

I now have a bounty on my head. I can never step foot in Gnaar Mok again [sigh] I broke into someone's hut and took back property that wasn't his to begin with (he lied to me when I asked him about it - can you imagine???) smirk

Hawka - that puzzle box is hard to see - I almost missed it. I wish I could remember where I got 'ole Soul Drinker. I've been carting it around for a long time now.

I did notice something about these speedy boots - when I take them off my speed attribute is in the red. Is there a way to get it back in the black so to speak? I just bought a Restore Speed spell to see if that will help.

Hawka and Mad if either one of you join the Tribunal Temple, while you're in say Balmora or some other town that has a bookseller - buy a book called Yellow Book of Riddles, read it and jot down the answers. I'm speaking from experience here, it will save you sooooo much time and reloads.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 08:21 PM

Thanks Syd for the info, I have entered the info into my handy notebook. I don't know what I would do without it and the piles of scratch paper I fill with quest info and such. I don't toss it until everything is done. I know most of it is in my journal, but, it looks better in my own scribble.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 10:41 PM

OK, posting between rain drops. We have another round of big storms on the way. I might need that water-walking spell too soon scared

Syd, what ever you kill will go in the "most" available soul gem. If you kill a rat and have a petty sould gem along with others it will fill the petty soul gem. Now, if you don't have a petty soul gem it will fill which ever gem is the closest to petty. Also, there are certain creatures that will fill grand soul gems, but will contribute a bigger charge and also be worth more gold when they fill the gem. In Balmora you might have seen the one that was filled with a "Winged Twilight" (nasty creatures) worth a good amount. Later on you'll come across some other abominations that will be worth really big bucks if you fill a gem with their soul...

EDIT: Hawk, you just need the soul gem in your inventory, no need to do anything with it. wink

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/08/08 10:48 PM

I still can't find the puzzle box, maybe I am in the wrong room? The w/t said it is in the Cells of Hollow Hand, I am in the room and see nothing on the shelves. But when I go out of the room I see on my map two areas that say Hollow Hand. One of the w/t's says a Boss baddie name of Crito is in there, the dead guy in the room with me is someone else. I have since walked about and when I go to the second HH room, it is something difficult. Right now I have doubled back to the large room with the rusted desk where I had to jump to get down. I can't see at all in this area in the daytime, I took all the items I could find off the shelves snd dumped them on the floor. I can't even get the puzzle box in a cheat, must be typing it wrong, but don't know if it would show up in my Journal anyway. Off to look at more help sites.

Edit here: I think I am in the wrong HH room because the w/t I looked at said if you were way at the bottom it was the wrong one. The one I was in there was some sort of steam machine in the middle. However, now I can't find my way out, of course I am lost. I see it on the map, but I am on the wrong floor. I may teleport myself outside and start over.

I finally found the exit to outside, then found my way to the correct door, I had not climbled the rocks all the way to the second floor. I now have the puzzle box and am safely back in Balmora. One day I will go back there and take all the spoils.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 12:41 AM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

You can't find the box ?? I can't even find the PLACE lol

So far when I have been out "scouting" I have mainly found tombs and things - where bad things abide that I'm not yet strong enough to defeat scared

Well, back to the search crazy

Edit :
Yeah !!!! I have just found THIS site which will help me a LOT bravo

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 01:24 AM

That puzzle box is a pain. It is on a shelf somewhere in there, that I remember. I have trouble finding it every time. And every time I do find it, I can't believe I had trouble finding it.

Souldrinker is, I believe, found in one of the ruins north west of Balmora. I wish I could be more specific. I just remember norh and west, and that it was more north than west. Along the coast somehere, I'm thinking. I found it twice. It's a handy thing. Use your long sword for the fight and just at the end, give one good stab with SD and you've got yourself a trapped soul. The flled gems a re a good source of cash -- but sell them to Creeper so you can trade them back later when you need them.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 02:29 AM

I had a heck of a time finding it also, it is closer to Balmora than I thought it would be. I first found it from the end of the bridge where the conjurer is standing, I was coming back from Punabi and Sulipund and took the wrong turn. So I was standing up behind it, getting mauled by Cliffracers and when I went close, he zapped me dead. I managed to get back on track and found the road going up there. If you have the large map, look at Ft Moonmoth, behind it there is a road that you can see a bridge attached to. It is actually behind the fort and to the east.

Hagatha, I will keep an eye out for the souldrinker on my journeys, thank you. So what are good souls to trap, I assume you wouldn't want to use this on just anyone.

I sell everything to the Creeper that he will take, just in case. Should I hang on to the diamonds, rubies and emeralds I found? Creeper isn't interested.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 05:23 AM

As Trail Mystic pointed out, there are different sized Soul Gems and you should ideally try to trap the appropriately sized soul for each one.

The tiny little greenish ones are good for the lowest level beasts like cliff racers. The teardrop-shaped blue ones are good for medium monsters. The multi-faceted purple ones can take bigger souls again, like the lower-level Deadra, and you want to save your Grand Soul Gems, the big round orange ones, for the very best monsters -- Golden Saints. Small monsters just waste the better gems, so if you're trapping rats or cliff racers, make sure you have the lowest level gems.

You'll find better Soul Gems and better monsters to put in them as you level up. For that reason, I usually avoid caves and bandit lairs until I'm at a higher level - say around level 20 or so -- because that's when you start to find the really good ones in crates and barrels. But there are some you can steal in some of the mage guilds, with a moderately good Sneak ability, or an Invisibility spell. (Balmora has a couple, for instance, and there are a few in Caldera and I think there's even a couple in Ald'ruhn)

Be warned though -- an angry Golden Saint is a tough battle the first few times. Better have that health-stealing sword when you try it.

You'll find lots of gemstones in the game -- rubies, emeralds etc. If you're short of cash, sell them. Otherwise they're good alchemy ingredients. Did anyone mention Alchemy as a must-have skill? It is. Level up in Alchemy as fast as you can, because once you can make your own potions you're laughing. They're not only useful, you can make a ton of money selling them. Eventually you'll find really good equipment, but in the meantime, beg, borrow or steal what you can and get started. And you can store the equipment in your usual stash for whenever you need it. The Mage's Guild in Ald'ruhn has some equipment in the storage room, and I always keep my alchemy inredients in the chests in that room. You can also steal some equipment in the Guild in Caldera.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 06:40 AM

Oops, I think I had stole of the Alchemy stuff and sold it, I did keep the mortar and pestle but only cause nobody had enough money for it. So we want to trap the monsters souls, not the peoples, hmmm. I won't worry about it yet, I just leveled up to three, need to work harder I guess.

Mad, I just had time to look at your link and I saved it, I sure need that cause it is hard for me to find things. Especially when there is a duststorm or pouring down rain.

I am forcing myself to be done for the evening, tomorrow I have the quest to go to the Andrano Tomb, I hate tombs. Once that is done, I must find more work.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 07:35 PM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

I just levelled up to "3" myself bravo

But I think you are way ahead of me in the game. Sounds like you have done a lot more quests thumbsup

I, meanwhile, have been generally exploring and travelling by foot a lot (including over many mountains) and trying to pick fights I might win so as to gain experience.
I am pretty footsore I can tell you lol

I think I'll still be playing this game 5 years from now at the speed I go. There is such A LOT of it yes

Am really enjoying myself happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/09/08 09:08 PM

I write down whatever someone tells me to do, plus most of these quests I remember from my first unfinished play. I also go look at UHS Hints to see what quests are available so I can go and trigger them. I have joined Fighters and Mages, then the main quests from the guy I took the package to. I knew that I would have to get all sorts of growing stuff for the Mages so I picked that while I was wandering. Did you talk to Cosius about the work in ALd'ruhn, there is some easy money there and you don't have to kill anyone. I escort everyone that asks, sucker that I am. The last guy, a mage, keep killing me with his zapping while I was trying to protect his behind from creatures. How ungrateful is that? I have to get these notes back to Mages, then am off to Vivec to obtain a book. That will put me where I was up to in the other game, I did spend some of my hard-earned gold on some new clothes and a sword from the Enchanter in Ald'ruhn, there are some neat things there.

Edit here: Suddenly in Balmora two people passed me and started talking about scary things, the I was awakened due to bad dreams. This is making me nervous, should I be?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 03:36 AM

Edit here: Suddenly in Balmora two people passed me and started talking about scary things, the I was awakened due to bad dreams. This is making me nervous, should I be?

Yes devil

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 05:14 AM

Don't worry about selling the alchemy equipment. You'll find more, and you'll fnd better quality equipment as you play. You should be at around level 20 in Alchemy before you start making potions anyway; otherwise the potions will fail most of the time. It's best to make potions using all four bits of equipment if you can get your hands on it, but as long as you have the mortar and pestle you're in business. If you have all four pieces of the very best equipment, you can make wonderful potions. Something to look forward to later in the game.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 05:27 AM

Trail, you are scaring me, please tell. Also, I mentioned this before, Vivec and how I don't know how to get from one area to another. I can see on the map how they are attached, but on what level? I hate levels in buildings, at least until I get it.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 05:49 AM

Hi Hawk, didn't mean to scare you...well kind of lol There is an aspect to Morrowind that is rather dark and foreboding. The main story line runs into some, well let's say interesting characters. What you're seeing and hearing is nothing out of the ordinary. It just makes the story that much more interesting.

As for Vivec, I'll have to jump into the game and double check, but I think it depends on the building. When you are running around on the balconies take a look for a bridge over to the other building. I think most are on the second level. Vivec is a lot of running around, otherwise you can also pay the boat-persons to ferry you back and forth between buildings they are found at one of the corners of the buildings on the first level.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 05:56 AM

All I know is I can see down, when I am all the way at the bottom I can't see any doors out. I know there is cause when I traveled to Ebonheart, I saw the bridge crossing. I came by way of the Mages so I have no clue. I will look tomorrow, eventually I will find it. Meanwhile I guess I better watch my back, so far no sleepers in Vivec, maybe I will hang out for awhile, cool magic weapons and nice sparkly armor, I like it.
Posted By: AcolyteToJippity

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 03:53 PM

between adjacent cantons, there should be a bridge on the lowest exterior level, and the level directly above that.

also, soul drinker (if it is what i'm thinking ov, you get it off of an imperial in fort moonmoth) is horrible. I hate the "soultrap on strike" effect because i have no control over what i trap. If you are any good with a spear, and fairly fast i would reccommend getting Umbra.

I'll explain if you don't understand.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 06:29 PM

Finally found what I was looking for, didn't know it was a ramp, hiding in the side of the building duh. So now I am running from one to another to mark them on my World Map, then I will return with the book I came for. I have to join a "House" so I get more to do. ATJ, I have never tryed a spear, don't even have one yet, but I am getting pretty good with my swords.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 06:33 PM

To use Souldrinker, just get your enemy down to low health with your preferred weapon, then draw SD and if all goes well you'll have a trapped soul. I always used it (or my own created version of it) instead of the Soul Trap spell, which I found difficult to use.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/10/08 08:26 PM

That was always the method I used as well. Just carry a conventional weapon and Soul Drinker. Once your opponents health is low enough switch over to Soul Drinker for the killing blow. If you don't want/need the soul then don't use Soul Drinker.

I agree with you Hagatha on the spell and scroll soul trap methods. They are too hit and miss. "Um, excuse me Mr Daedric Lord, could you stand still for a moment and stop hitting me with that sword so I can cast soul trap on you? That's a good demon..." lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 01:32 AM

Good evening fellow Morrowinders. Madge and I have been busy doing Imperial Cult Quests. So far they have been pretty easy. I just finished the Shrine Sergent quests and now am off on the Almoners quests.

Okay so once you get a soul in the gem, what do you do with it?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 01:57 AM

Okay so once you get a soul in the gem, what do you do with it?

You could make it into a broach or if you have a pair, ear rings? lol

OK, filled soul gems have a few uses. You can sell them for good cash or if you are in a heavy battle and your faithful enchanted sword runs out of charge you can use it to recharge your weapon. Problem with that is if you don't have a lot of points in ye' ol Enchantment attribute the gem might just go *puff* and -no charge, no fun- The other thing you can do with them is enchant an otherwise mundane weapon, but again, not enough points in Enchantment and you might just waste the gem.

So, you can also go to a professional enchanter at one of the local mages guild or in the Vivec canton or in that giant crab shell in Ald Ruhn and have one of them enchant up the weapon, armor or article of clothing of your choice. The better the soul gem the better the enchantment and only grand soul gems can be used for "constant effect" enchantments.

To get an enchantment you need four things; Soul Gem, Money, a spell that is related to the effect you would like to pass on to the respective piece of gear and of course the respective piece of gear. Well, you also need an Enchanter if you can't do it so that's six things then...

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 03:35 AM

Hi smile

Although I don't have this "Soul Drinker" (yet evil) when I have tried to switch weapons mid-fight I get a message telling me I must finish the fight with the weapon already to hand ..... woozy

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 04:46 AM

That will happen if you are in mid-swing or just recovering from a hit. If your weapon arm is at rest you should be able to bring up the inventory and change weapons mid-fight. Just not mid-swing smile

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 04:51 AM

You have to finish landing the blow you've already set up. Once you've conncted your blow, you can switch weapons. The game doesn't want you to finish the whole fight with the weapon you have to hand, just the one shot. I often found that if I was being staggered back from an enemy blow I couldn't switch, or if I'd been been whacking away blindly. I learned over time to fight more slowly and deliberately, making sure the blows connected rather than flailing away. That way I was more easily able to switch from one weapon to another. Once you hear the satisfying thunk of your sword on your hapless victim, you should be able to pull out Soul Drinker

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 05:24 AM

Hi smile

Ahhhh !! Thank you both !! thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/11/08 06:54 AM

I think I need to try this out on something mediocre first, hey dude wait, I need to test my blades. Meanwhile I got up early this am and have spent lots of time figuring out Vivec, I think I now know where I am, but not what I am doing. Seems like there are a lot of things and people to talk to here. Then I went to the (yuck) beach with the family (son and family from Oahu are visiting) and now it is too late to play.
cry

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 01:55 AM

Yep, cliff racers are good for testing out the old blade switcheroo.

There are loads of quests in Vivec, and it's easy to get muddled.

Have you gone down to the sewer levels yet, perchance? There's some good loot in one area down there...if you dare... scared

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 02:40 AM

Hi smile

I enjoy wandering by foot all over the place so much that I have practically turned into a mountaineer - losing track of quests I supposedly am on in the process, of course whistle

But heck !! Who says I have to be conventional ??

I end up "somewhere" fighting "someone" and finding "something".

What more could an intrepid explorer hope for lol

Cheers.

Mad happydance

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 03:51 AM

I have some quests from quite a few pages back that are unfinished as I was too weak. Of course I am getting distracted by all the new ones. The Mages have me running back and forth and I am trying to get more stuff to do in the same location, save fuel you know. I like to walk also, but not in those dust storms, yucky.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 04:50 AM

That's one of the beauties of Morrowind, the wandering and getting distracted and finding yourself miles away from what you set out to do. And Morrowind rewards you for doing that by levelling up at least some of your skills when you use them so you don't have to rely strictly on experience points from kills and quests. Just took a beating from a Deadra and barely escaped with your life? Hey, presto, your armour skill increased. Ya gotta like that.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 05:41 AM

Hi smile

Yes. My wandering IS paying off in that I have reached level 4 now ....

And that's fast for me, seeing as how I only recently reached level 3 yay

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 06:03 AM

You got to level 4 already Mad, I wanna get there too, I best stop messing with the measly Mages quests and get out there and stride. I am in ALdruhn now and have to travel to Vivec, maybe I should walk, plus gotta get some skull out of a tomb, been putting that one off scared. I still haven't offed the bandits in the mines near Caldera. I wish my Journal would beep a reminder at me about what I haven't done yet.

Is there anyway to figure out how far you are from a level change?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 06:56 AM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

I too have a couple of unfinished quests.
Mainly because I can't find the places I need to go to or because I get "diverted" en route to them wink

Walking so much has definitely been beneficial for me though - even if quests aren't getting completed very quickly.
And I do come across people much more frequently than I might have expected so it's not a totally lonely vagabond style life I'm leading grin

And I, too, keep reading early pages of my journal (if only to try and get a sense of direction into my life) but then the exploring bug gets hold of me again and I'm done for rotfl

I haven't seen any indicators of how far away the next level up might be but then I haven't really been looking.
But what if it's ages off ?? [Might get depressed evil]

Ahhhh, well, better get my boots back on .... Might soon be spotting you up on one of the mountain passes, eh ?? lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 07:46 AM

Hey Mad, where are you, I finally went back and dispatched (with ease I might add) the Telvanni Agents in the Caldera Mining. Little did they know how stong and wicked I have become, no longer screaming my head off I might add. Stripped them and sold everything in Caldera, also some of my neat swords I bought that are becoming way to heavy. They went to the Creeper cause I might want them back down the road. Hey went I went to Maar Gan, in the guard towers, if you run around enough, the guard will get stuck on the stairs and you can rip everything out of the crates, up and downstairs and he doesn't do anything rotfl
I just grabbed a couple of items, but I am going back and doing it again. All sorts of armor in those crates, very saleable. devilchili
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 10:56 AM

LoL don't you just love it when they get stuck? Hehe.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 12:38 PM

Later in the game when my character was more powerful and I wanted to get rid of some excess weight I enchanted up a couple of Exquisite Belts with constant effect Bound Sword and Bound Bow. This gives you close to the equivalent of a Daedric weapon, but with none of the weight and you never have to get them repaired. You just equip the item that you have the bound spell on and the weapon will appear in your hand. When it gets damaged just un-equip the item (ring, belt whatever) and re-equip it and the weapon will be good as new. thumbsup Using an Exquisite item such as a ring or belt leaves room for an additional enchantment such as a constant effect increase to your agility or strength.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 07:44 PM

I made note of that for later Trail, as I will probably forget, now I am wearing a Hunters Belt, can that one be enchanted? I just noticed on loading my game that there is nothing in my active magic square, in the older saves it showed Lovers Kiss, does that mean I pressed something and used it up? I could have since the "R" key is right next to jumping. Maybe I should go back to a save and hope I remember what I was doing.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out the missing active magic and put it back, but meanwhile I went back and had to fight those guys again and it took me a few times. I think I was more nervous, yikes.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/12/08 08:54 PM

If you are using a pre-enchanted item, it can't be enchanted again, I think-never tried it come to think of it lol. If it is just a mundane item (no magic) then you can enchant it. The higher the quality the item the more charges it can take.

If your spell indicator is blank you may have used up the scroll. See if it is still in you inventory.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 02:08 AM

It wasn't a scroll, it was the one I was "born or created" with. I probably equipped it in a fighting frenzy and didn't know it. When I clicked on the square, the magic list came up, I clicked on it again and it was fine. Or possibly I used F1 and changed to something else. I will test it when I go back to playing again.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 03:39 AM

If that's the spell you were given at the character creation stage, you can only use it once a day.

I can't remember exactly how to tell how close you are to levelling up, but ths is what I think is the case: Each of your skills levels up as you progress. There's a menu screen that tracks the progress of each of your different skills, with a little line graph showing its progress towards its next level. You have to level up your major skills by ten points -- not one skill, but ten points total among your major skills -- to gain a character level up.

So if you have a major skill that is close to going to 100%, use that skill until it hits the 100% mark on its graph(at which point it resets to zero). You have just gained one of ten points towards a character level up. Rinse and repeat, using skills that are getting close to going up a level.

This might be a little hazy, but if you find the menu screen that shows all of your skills (it's the top left one, I believe), and keep checking it, you'll see what I mean.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 04:15 AM

Hi smile

I haven't put my mind to any magic stuff yet. Apart from using scrolls and rings with the instructions YOU gave me, TM grin
[But, I'm still managing fine for now.]

I suppose I ought to be looking at how to use spells soon though and and buying some - but that means having to read the manual and in my version it's a PDF version from the DVD.
I hate those .... I like a proper book sad

BTW, hawkavonpuka, I have been stealing from guard towers for some time smile Just waited till the guard went up or down stairs as the case warranted and then thieved like a good 'un !! rotfl

Had to do a lot of traipsing to get it sold though - and walked round naked a few times when I got fed up and decided to carry a whole set shame
Have you tried that ?? Attracts some comments I can tell you lol

And have you tried lugging Orc armour round ?? eek

Love this game !!

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 06:13 AM

Mad, take off my beautiful clothes and sparkley armor and run about naked, eek scared, I should though as long as there are no cliff racers about. I have no clue on spells, enchanting or any of that stuff, hope the experts will stick about to teach us. I have a "real" booklet, but have only glanced at it, now I see you can set weapons to "always use the best attack" I am going to do that. I think I better start reading my manual. Haven't found any orc armor yet, my last game I was able to steal lots of Imperial stuff in the Fort, this time the guard won't leave. Have you joined a House yet, I have yet to do so, I am already running back and forth and trying to keep track of all the stuff I have to do now.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 07:11 AM

Hi smile

Fortunately I spotted "always use best attack" when I installed the game and boy, have I been glad of it. I am NOT the world's best fighter !! grin

And I found my first Orc amour some place up in the mountains when I was supposed to be escorting a chap to a cave.
I ventured into a place where there were two Orcs and after several attempts, managed to kill both AND survive bravo

Then I had to use a special (intervention ?) scroll that sent me (fabulously over weight with some of their valuable armour) to the nearest temple - from where I was gradually able to move it and sell it.
[I've found other odd bits of Orc armour since in chests and things too.]

I need to go back up into those mountains and get the rest if I can ever find the place again lol
Doing all that I lost the chap I was escorting of course, so I suppose I ought to search for HIM again also blush

Yes, I decided to join the Redoran House - and several guilds.

Having a grand old time with this game.
Are you ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 07:31 AM

I love it Mad, just as much as I did before I broke my wrist a few years ago. I have now bypassed all of what I did and actually am doing much better this time. I think my husband thinks I am insane, sitting in front of the computer for hours, headphones on, making notes to myself. My grands here that I watch daily are leaving tomorrow night to stay with their Dad on Oahu for nine days. Now what do you think I will be doing during that time? All I have to worry about is putting dinner on the table each night for husband and 25 year old grandson, how about some scamp skin and hound meat, maybe some scuttle on the side.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/13/08 06:18 PM

Hi hawkavonpuka smile

"how about some scamp skin and hound meat, maybe some scuttle on the side"

Well that could get you out of providing meals for a while, I would think !! lol lol

EDIT :
Just reached level 5 after finding the Dwerner Puzzle Box yay
[And what a search it was for THAT !!!!]

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: RatonDepeligro

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 12:31 AM

Morrowind is truely a grand adventure game, but you still have to be prepared to defend yourself while you are snooping around. The options for defense are the best part about this game. Defensive preperation is diverse and time consuming, but very satisfying when you reach a level that make you hard to kill...if you can keep your wits about you.

Of course you can also play this game on the offense, but it will take some time to figure out how to keep from getting wasted every five minutes or so.

I have played this game many times from start to finish along the main quest, but the best way to play IMHO is in the adventure mode where you develope proper defense to do all of the quests and adventure through the world trying to keep away from deadly confrontations.

There are just too many interesting things to do in this game to blow through it trying to kill everything.

One of my favorite games of all time.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 01:46 AM

Magic isn't all that hard. You can buy permanent spells from people in the Mage Guilds and in Temples. They will show up in your list of spells, which is the menu on the bottom right of your screen. You simply scroll down to the spell you want to have ready, select it, and then it will appear as your active spell in the row of icons at the bottom of your screen. To cast it I think you hit R (somebody correct me if I'm wrong there).

The same applies to spell scrolls, which can only be used once. They will also appear in your list of spells. You select and use them the same way.

The same is also true for your magical amulets and rings. They will show up in the list of spells. Select and use as above. Bear in mind that when you select from your spell list a ring or amulet that you are not currently wearing, it will displace a ring or amulet that you are wearing. So for example if you are wearing two rings of Constant Effect Strength and you select a Fireball ring from your spell list, one of your two Strength rings will be displaced back into your inventory (because you can only wear two rings).

When you have enough money you can create your own spells by going to the appropriate person in a mage Guild or Temple. I didn't find this feature all that useful, because the range of ready-made spells you can buy is immense.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 04:52 AM

I finally had to use magic, I used my Lover's Kiss, which paralyzes your opponent for 60 seconds. I was down in the underworks of St Olm's in Vivec, looking for the druggie husband and ran into someone really strong. I didn't know I had to walk along the tunnels to find the hubby, did find him later though. So I cast lovers kiss, he froze up (so cool) and I whacked him dead. Hey, he started it and killed me many times over before I froze him. Then I walk inside this tomb, I guess and more baddies, of course can't use that magic again (thanks for telling me that. The killed me and I assume I may get a quest for that later, shudder!!!! I left the corpse there with lots of heavy armor that I hope I remember to pick up later. Maybe I will go back and use a scroll to carry it all.

Then I report back to Athrys in Balmora about Telvanni spies and she gave me (tadah) the Souldrinker, I am thrilled. I also got lots of weapon rewards for quests, they aren't worth much $ wise, but maybe on certain enemies?

If anyone else did the quest about the actor guy in Vivec Foreign Quarter, did you read the book/script for the play, The Lusty Argonian Maid, so funny!!!

Still have to go back to Suran and the Andrano tomb, I hate tombs. I went into one in Vivec, in the canals, eeks, skeletons, yes I cheated the skeleton key to use when my lockpick is not good enough. redface

Congrats on the level up Mad, didn't see that first time around, you are flying past me, I better put on my trudging boots.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 04:56 AM

Hi smile

hagatha, I do intend to try "spells" at some stage but whilst I've been managing without, I have kept putting it off blush

Scrolls and magic rings/weapons I can do a treat though, with the instructions TM gave me grin

One of the things I really like about this game (and why ONE PLAY of it could take me five years lol) is the freedom to walk here, there and everywhere for as long as I like and return to "the plot" as infrequently as I like thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 02:11 PM

hawka check with the spell sellers at the Mages Guild - one of them sells a spell called [syd logs onto game to check name of spell] ok I'm back grin Ondusi's Open Door. You can open a lot of locks with that spell and the more you use it the higher your ability to open tougher locks becomes. I think I can open locks up to 50 right now (as long as you have some magic and can use spells rather than scrolls only).

I'm in Ald'rurn at the moment and wonders upon wonders there is no sand storm at the moment. I'm wearing the soles of my boots off trying to get money for the poor out of these people and are they ever full of excuses on why they can't part with any. The favored response is "I gave to the temple" Yea, right.

Mad if I don't get a move on you'll be passing me also.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 02:42 PM

The storms do get a little wearing after awhile. That's the one drawback to joining House Redoran, the location isn't exactly scenic and the neighbors (cliff-racers) are a bit on the demanding side. lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 06:18 PM

Trail I don't see how there could be a race cliffer left - I swear I've killed hundreds of those flying screechers crazy And yes, picturesque is not what I'd call the landscape up here. I did manage to wangle the 100 gold out of the tightwads in Ald'ruhn and now I'm on a quest for brandy. Someone must be having a party because man, it's hard to find. I need one more bottle and do you think I can find it? Nooooo -

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 07:41 PM

Now I am having second thoughts about joining Redoran, daily cliff racers, don't know about that. Who are the people that are always calling me "scum" in Vivec, hope it's not them, feel like killing them for nothing. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the lock spell info, I did get some sort of unlocker scroll, haven't tryed it yet.

I went into the Andrano tomb, killed one creepy thing, than ran out of the door and saved and healed. I used the blade that was given to me in the quest. How many more of those things are in there, did I mention that I hate tombs as much as skeletons?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 08:25 PM

It's probably due to your choice of profession, class or race. That would most likely be the Ordinators who are calling you that and unless you are very, very good at battle and can fight every Ordinator from Vivec to the top of Vvardenfell I suggest you cool your jets. lol

Those are the ones I mentioned earlier in the game. They are Vivec's holy warriors and unless you are with the Temple or Redoran you are considered scum by them. If you engage one in battle all Ordinators will know that you have done so and you will be marked by them as a target for the rest of the game. Not bad if you are a higher level and like combat, but can otherwise get a little old after awhile; all the hacking and dying and screaming and such over and over... lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 08:41 PM

Don't worry about being called scum by those puffed up, pious sticks-in-the-mud. They don't like anyone who isn't like them. You will have the last laugh, I assure you.

In the meantime, destiny awaits. Go forth and kill things. Raid tombs. Become strong and stealthy and wise. Take no prisoners, but strip the armour off the bleeding vanquished. Slip into the in-between like a shadow, that you might take things that do not belong to you. Defy old gods and laugh at ghosts. For you are the Stranger, and Vaardenfell is your playground.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 08:42 PM

rotfl What she said.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 08:46 PM

Obviously they haven't looked in a mirror lately, don't worry I won't pick a fight with them eek. Can someone tell me what besides the almost unseen thing and the skeleton am I trying to kill in the Andrano Tomb and what to use. I haven't seemed to make a dent in it's health bar, so I ran away again. First I went in the long way, the skeleton killed me with it's bow, so I went through the doors and ran into both of them at once, I did kill the skeleton. Is is maybe cause I am using a short blade and my short blade skill is still low, only long blade is high. I hope there aren't too many of them, it is taking longer and longer to run out the door. Maybe I should go and do something else first,

Oops, missed Trail and Hagatha, thanks for the support, at least everyone in the Mages thinks I am the bomb!!!

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 08:58 PM

That's an ancestor sprit/ghost. You need a silver weapon, a good fire spell or an enchanted weapon.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 09:06 PM

Or if you manage to find a Daedric Longsword, then it gets more fun evil

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 10:58 PM

Hi smile

I have had some success against ghostly things using "magic" swords that carry a "fire" attack.
They are amongst the collection of magic weapons I own that I can get recharged when I visit a Smith.
[I have two different fire ones and they kill Cliffracers pretty quickly too.]

I also have a "frost" one and a "poison" one but haven't used those yet.

What I could do with is something that will magically allow me to carry more weight !!!!
I have to abandon so many goodies because I haven't the capacity to carry them - and then later I can't remember where I left them lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/14/08 11:38 PM

You need to look for a "Feather" spell. If you come across a grand soul gem you can have a ring or what ever article of jewelry or clothing enchanted with "Feather" and it will allow you to carry more.

You can also get and cast the spell "Mark" at the Creepers place and then use "Recall" when you are over-encumbered so you can unload right at the spot you sell the goods. Two other spells that get you out of a tight spot when you are encumbered are Divine Intervention which drops you at the nearest fort with an Imperial Shrine or Almsivi Intervention which drops you at the nearest Tribunal temple.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 01:27 AM

Or you could purchase the Fortify Strength spell, which will boost your strength and allow you to carry more.

If you have been naughty and have borrowed a filled Soul Gem of reasonable power, you can have an enchanter make you a piece of jewellery that will boost your strength temporarily (but this will require that you already have the Fortify Strength spell).

You can also make or buy (or even find) Fortify Strength and Feather potions.

Also, a lot of the booze you'll find lying around gives you stat boosts, including strength, so it's worth taking a close look at everything you pick up.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 02:08 AM

Hi smile

So do any of these solutions for carrying more weight have a permanent effect ??

[I did swallow a "feather" potion the last time I had one but I think the effect was only temporary.]

I'm probably just hoping for way too much as usual !! rolleyes

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 02:32 AM

I bought Mark and Recall, though scrolls I think, not spells, so I assume those are a one time use. So I would go to the Creepers, cast Mark, then scoot off where I need to pick stuff up, in my case, shudder, the underworks in St Olms, then cast recall and it would put me back to the Creepers?

I went to Molag Mar, just for the heck of it and got a bunch of stuff in unwatched crates near the Strider, more silver weapons and gold, I left the pottery. Going to try that silver magic sword on the Tomb booga. Mad, I was using a Fire dagger on the booga thing, but my short blade is only at 12, now I am carrying one to try to build it higher.

Well I thought I bought them, guess not cause they aren't in inventory, can't remember who was selling them either.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 03:01 AM

Mad, eventually you will be able to get a permanent solution, but there is one other thing you can do now.

You can become skilled at wearing light armour, which will help with the weight. At some point you will find light armour that is very good indeed. In the meantime, if you've developed heavy armour skills, you can start on your way to becoming skilled with Light armour by wearing one or two pieces of light armour now. Going into battle wearing even one piece of Light armour will increase that skill quite quickly. I always wear Light armour, unless I find a Heavy item that I absolutely can't do without.

Second, and more importantly, when you get to the stage where you are finding Grand Soul gems and are able to fill them with the appropriate soul (Golden Saints, usually), you can have an enchanter make you an item (armour, clothing or jewellery) that gives you what is called a Constant Effect spell -- a spell that is always in effect so long as you are wearing the item. So you could have a Constant Effect ring of Feather or Strength. Also, you can wear more than one item that fortifies the same attribute, so you could have a robe, pants, a shirt, a ring, boots, a helmet, cuirass and gloves all with a Constant Effect Feather or Fortify Strength spell. Not that you would, because there are so many other good enchantments you can get, but in theory, you could, You'd be able to carry a lot!

In your travels, have you seen any Grand Soul Gems that have already been filled, worth, say 60,000? Gems that might be lying around in plain sight where anyone could steal them, if they were Invisible or had a high enough Sneak skill?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 06:14 AM

Hi smile

I have used Light armour since as soon as I ever found any and every chance I get I buy "training" for it so I think I have a fairly decent rating for it now. And I certainly intend to stick with it and improve it by any means I can .... buying, stealing or training thumbsup

I haven't seen any Grand Soul Gems that I'm aware of yet though - empty OR filled - but I will be on the look out !!

And I haven't yet dabbled with any form of enchantments either.
I don't know if I am able to. Do I have to have a special talent or have followed a certain path or anything ??
Another thing I had better investigate rolleyes

BTW. What are the "Creepers" ?? Not come across any of those that I can recall woozy

Well, despite showing my enormous ignorance here lol I am nonetheless having a great time with the game !!

Cheers.

Mad devilchili

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 06:40 AM

Mad Creeper is a scamp in Caldera, on the top floor of Ghorath Manor, he pays full price for everything he take, weapons and armor, not regular clothes and items. So if you want to buy it back, it will be there at the same price, no inflation. There is a Mudcrab somewhere that does the same thing. I sell everything I might want back to the creeper. I think he starts with nothing, I didn't see any wares when I started, so everything there is mine. Sort of like using him as a storage place.

Blech have you been to Sadrith Mora, I really hate Wolverine Hall, another maze to get out from. I have two jobs there, escorting someone to the boat (I had to go find it first), now I have to off a ghost and go to some Dwemer Ruins in the South. Here I thought I was just going to take a little day trip to Ald'ruhn.

I have one Grand Soul gem that I stole from Mages in Balmora, it was during one of Ajiras assigned duties. I think you have to be in the Mages Guild to get the opportunity.

I walked/ran from Suran to Vivec and managed to level up my short blade from 12 to 14, just smearing mudcrabs. What a boring journey though, other than a couple of persistant Cliff racers.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 02:29 PM

Have to agree Hawka Wolverine Hall is the pits - Ebonheart is another one that confused the heck out of me for awhile.

I'm now doing the Oracle Quests for the Imperial Cult - talk about criptic. I finally found someone who translated the bit of mumbo jumbo for me and led me to a ruin inland from The Wolverine Hall which led me to a daedric ruin which I'm in the process of cleaning out. Thank goodness I can walk on water or I'd have been fish bait before I got to the mainland. There's supposed to be a cave by the ruin somewhere so I'll be in search mode trying to find it.

hagatha I'm a battlemage so I've been upping my heavy armor. If I switched to light armor would that be a mistake? I have a robe I found in a tomb that has constant feather so I can carry a bit more but I still overload too fast. I remember from the last time I played I found some really cool glass armor that truth be known I would rather wear than this really ugly partial dwmer armor I'm currently encased in.

Mad other than the grand soul gem Hawka told you about (I have that one also) I didn't start finding grand soul gems in chests until recently. I think it depends on what level you are. I'm at 18 right now. I think I have three empty grand soul gems in my inventory - haven't done anything with them other than cart them around.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 07:28 PM

Hi smile

hawkavonpuka ....
Thanks for the "Creeper" info. I'll bear him in mind grin

And Syd ....
I am wearing a nearly full set of green glass armour right now bravo
[Who ever would have thought of glass armour except a game developer ?? lol]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 08:37 PM

Mad you must be a looker in that armor. I am jealous grin Do you have the glass sword??? It's a pretty one.

I just finished the first Oracle quest - got some kind of ring and am now on my way to find the interperter guy so I can figure out what the second quest is all about.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 08:52 PM

My battlemage types have always worn Light armour, to no discernable disadvantage. Once you get Glass armour, you're fine anyway. Plus it looks really cool. I like to wear exquisite robes over it, so I look like a heavily armed peacock.

I will say, though, that there are certain items of Heavy armour tha are worth wearing if you find them.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 09:20 PM

Hi smile

I love my glass armour and have been looking for more .... and NOW I will be looking for a sword as well thumbsup
[I did once find a green glass dagger for sale but couldn't afford it cry]

I will look out for "exquisite" things too .... don't think I've ever found any yet but if I have, I would probably have sold them to boost my savings lol

And yes, although that would have been an extremely shame to do, I wouldn't have known better, naive as I am slapforehead

EDIT :
I now have a weird problem woozy
When I want to travel from the Mages Guild at Ald'ruhn the "travel lady" is never there eek
Could I have inadvertently done something to cause her absence ?? And if so, how can I get her back ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 11:42 PM

Hi smile

EDIT :
I now have a weird problem woozy
When I want to travel from the Mages Guild at Ald'ruhn the "travel lady" is never there eek
Could I have inadvertently done something to cause her absence ?? And if so, how can I get her back ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Have you tried to re-start the game? It's a known bug that she can sometimes fall through the floor (and die), but I thought that usually only happens to un-patched games. Do you have the GOY version or stand-alone Morrowind? I'll look for a console command in the mean time.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/15/08 11:50 PM

Hi TM smile

I have the Game of the Year DVD version - with the manual on the disk.

Yes, I have re-started the game two or three times but the lady in question has definitely done a runner shame

[My, oh, my .... maybe I just look SO ferocious, eh ?? lol]

Anyway, thank you so much for all the help you keep giving.

[I'm obviously not scaring YOU rotfl]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 12:00 AM

OK, try this (and to be honest I'm not sure if this will work if she died after falling through the floor. If not we'll look for something else)

-Go to the Ald'Ruhn Mage Guild
-Stand on the transport platform facing where the Guild Guide usually stands
-Open the console by hitting the tilde (~)
-type RA and hit enter
-close the console by hitting tilde again

You'll know right away if it worked because she should be there...

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 01:27 AM

She better stick around for me since I just teleported back to Ald'ruhn. rotfl In Sadrith Mora I managed to use sneak and stole a couple lesser soul gems from that shiny clothing lady in Tel Naya Hall, and from the Gateway, a grand soul gem (filled) worth 50000. I used sneak, grabbed it, she said thief or something like that, but didn't do anything about it. So am I home free or will I be busted down the road. I show no bounties on my head. Weird thing is I talked to someone about joining the Thieves and seems I am not up to their standards. I thought it would ok since I already talked Sothilde out of the code book. confused

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 03:30 AM

Hi TM smile

That worked happydance so thank you very much indeed !!

I can now whizz out of Ald'ruhn again anytime I wish bravo

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 03:32 AM

I am done with her for the time Mad, just whizzed in and out a few times between stealing from the guard in ALdruhn and selling to the Creeper, I made about $3000, well worth her fares. Sure wish I would get up another level soon.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 04:07 AM

Hi TM smile

That worked happydance so thank you very much indeed !!

I can now whizz out of Ald'ruhn again anytime I wish bravo

Cheers.

Mad wave

OK, good to hear the prodigal mage returned. lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 04:21 AM

The Stilt Strider driver in Ald'Ruhn always falls off his high perch, and has even died from the fall once or twice.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 04:55 AM

I just trapped my first soul. It was a golden saint - now I have a grand soul gem worth 80000. I was headed way up north on an Imperial Cult quest and out of the hills came the golden saint. I switched to the Soul drinker and voila - grin I also now have a sword worth 95000. Called the Ice Blade of the Monarch. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. My sword fighting abilities are not that swift - but I'm a terror with my axe lol

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/16/08 07:26 AM

Whoa, hang on to that sword. I think that is part of a quest, but I can't remember for what. Golden Saints usually aren't just striding about, they are usually near a structure so there is something afoot... wink

Edit: OK, just did a little checking and the Ice Blade is part of an Imperial Cult quest. So, if your not into the Imperial Cult then you have yourself a nice blade there that does a good amount of damage or should get you some good gold...

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/17/08 03:09 AM

Either way, you can stash it with Mr. Creeper and if you need it again, you can always trade it back.

But congrats on your first Grand Soul Gem. What are you going to make with it?

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/17/08 05:12 AM

Hi smile

I found a really good map (only a short time ago) that showed all caves and stuff and now I've somehow lost it eek eek

Can anyone help, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/17/08 05:21 AM

This one is pretty detailed.

Cartography of Morrowind

Here is the main site:

The Elder Scrolls Cartography

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/17/08 03:27 PM

Hi TM smile

Thank you for those - I will keep note of them.

I also re-found the map I lost bravo

It was THIS ONE

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/17/08 05:05 PM

If you are interested there is a downloadable version of that map you can have available off-line. Here is the link:

Morrowind Interactive Map

At the moment it looks like they are having a bit of website issues as I can't open the site. Hopefully it will be available later.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Either way, you can stash it with Mr. Creeper and if you need it again, you can always trade it back.

But congrats on your first Grand Soul Gem. What are you going to make with it?

Not sure what I'm going to make with the soul gem - I've never captured a "soul" before grin

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 04:23 AM

This lady I am escorting to Ghostgate is driving me nuts, wish I hadn't noticed her as I was already lost. I was trying to find the Ald'ruhn ladies dead brother, hopefully I won't forget to get back to it. He is supposed to be near Mallapi, is that a cave or a tomb? I sure couldn't find it, trying to not use the coordinates. I already lost this lady once, the winds are blowing dust all over and I can't see (had to go back to a save). Right in the middle of all this, I leveled up to 4, with her nagging at me, I think I may kill her.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 04:49 AM

Have you checked one of the on-line maps mentioned in a couple of posts above? They're pretty good for locating places.

I hated those escort quests. I never have solved some of them. There are apparently a lot of helpless people standing around Vaardenfell waiting for a hero to get them something or take them somewhere. I usually ignore them now -- although the Nude Nord is difficult to ignore, I have to admit. grin I usually just leave him standing by the road and wink as I walk past.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 06:34 AM

I "know" where it is, approximately anyway, it is not too far from Mr Horse Mouth and south of a tomb, but I can't find it, nothing new. On the map it looks like it is in a bunch of rocks.
If I get too frantic, I will use the cheat just to put it on my map, then cheat back and start over. I got one of those rain all day long in the area so that didn't help.

On the escorts, I am just a pushover, most aren't too bad and listen when I tell them to stay put, but this one is mouthy and annoying.

edit here: after all that trouble, me killing cliffracers like crazy and all sorts of other creatures, I must have accidentally whacked her while fighting and she turned on me. Stupid, she is now dead and stripped, should have done that in the first place, hmmmph!!! Now I have to go back and figure out where the heck I was, at least I made 500 gp!!!

Enough for today and tonight, back into it tomorrow.

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 08:27 PM

Hi smile

I'm not very good with escorts either - I either can't locate the destination or lose the person I'm supposedly escorting lol

The last time I was playing the game I met a woman who offered me the Boots of Blinding Speed but I was very suspicious of her and wandered off to think it over (without saving my position) and then the game crashed !! eek

I don't know whether to try and find her again or not. Could take me a week or so of traipsing woozy

[I have found the game does crash - and quite frequently - especially if I deviate from the marked paths in mountainous areas rolleyes]

BTW .... Thanks TM for the info regarding the downloadable map version thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 09:50 PM

Mad if you look at the Cartography of Morrowind map that Trail posted, she is a little to the East of Sjorvar Horse-Mouth's place with the Guars, the ones that don't hurt you. It is an easy quick escort to Hla Oad and you get the boots, which even if you don't wear them cause all goes dark, the are worth $500. If you see something threatening, she will wait if you tell her to so she doesn't die. Even if she does you can strip her, maybe she even has more gold. That is around the same area I am looking for Mallapi, I can find people easier than places. There are quite a few people out there looking for help. A guy with some shirts to take to Ald'ruhn, a paralyzed guy, some other lady (forget what that was about). I usually accept the job, then tell them to wait while I do other things, hey it is my game!! But this last one was in an all-fired rush, good for her that she died. evil

Re: A Morrowind Question (Spoilers) - 06/18/08 10:15 PM

Hey Folks wave

We are nearing the high-water mark so I'm closing this one and I've opened a new thread for us over here.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community