GB HOMEPAGE

Drakensang - The Dark Eye

Posted By: Drizzt

Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 09/01/08 02:40 PM

Anyone keeping tabs on this game? A new party-based RPG from a German developer. The German version has already been released, so it's just a matter of time before we get an English version as well.

http://www.drakensang.com/
Posted By: nickie

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 09/01/08 03:01 PM

Sure have, and it looks good. Expect it later this year in North America (hopefully). Here is a link to 41 screen shots. Thanks for mentioning the game, Drizzt!
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 09/02/08 12:18 PM

I was so impressed with this game at the Leipzig Games Convention last month, that I went to a shop and bought it (even had it signed by the producer on the Convention later that day).

I hope my German is sufficient to understand everything in the game! I will let you know about my thoughts on the game as soon as I start playing (which might very well be in October/November at the earliest as I have tons of previews to write first).
Posted By: nickie

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 09/02/08 02:01 PM

Thanks Pollo, that sounds like good news indeed!
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/08/09 11:30 AM

So, is anyone else playing this? I'm busy with it, and I'd like to chat about it with others who are also playing it?

It's very pretty, and has quite complex character building.

I'm still busy getting the hang of it at the moment.

Hey, TrailMystic, you'll love this game! Although it's not the exact D & D rules, character building is along similar lines.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/08/09 11:59 AM

I downloaded the demo and can't even get it started.

It doesn't like the modem software or something? No idea and I am not uninstalling the modem to play this game.

So how is it?

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/08/09 12:42 PM

Hm, I'm not sure why your demo won't start. The game doesn't use any of those online activation DRM's, just a disc-check.
I'm still on Windows XP at the moment, so if you're stil on XP, that is not your problem.

You know, these days with all the different software and hardware variations people have, it can be any of a whole array of things that makes a game temporarily unplayable. With ME, the fact that my sound card driver needed updating, made me unable to play the game until I updated. With Dracula 3, it was certain settings in my Nvidia control panel that I had to fiddle to get the game going.

So never think just because some games play ok. on your system, that that means all you drivers etc. are up to date. I'd check both my sound and graphics drivers, for instance, if I were you, before I gave up on the game.

The game is very pretty visually, though you can set your settings higher or lower depending on your graphics card. I'm still getting to grips with the actual gameplay.

Figuring out exactly how character stats and abilities work, is a reasonable learning curve. Luckily the game comes with quite an extensive manual and some pop-up tutorial boxes.

Although the combat is theoretically turn-based, (like with Neverwinter Nigths), you can choose whether to use a continuous, seemingly real-time mode (just like in NWN2) or you can go for turn-based mode the same as with Fallout. Also, you can set it to pause only at the beginning of combat, or with every turn. After dying with the setting on no pausing in combat, I did miles better once I turned it to pause at every turn, and combat has become rather fun.

My only grouch is with the controls and camera - it's quite similar to that of NWN2, the camera of which I've never really liked.

Actually the gameplay is reasonably similar to the Sword Coast games, especially NWN2, as it's also a party based game.
I've been trying to play it with WASD, but you can also do it point -and -click style, so if you prefer point and click, I guess you'd probably like the controls.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/08/09 07:09 PM

A few of us started playing the demo when it was first released. Here is the thread that got started on it:

Drakensang : English Demo

Shortly afer this came out I ordered the main rule books for the Dark Eye pen and paper game upon which this is based; both the original German and the English translation. Luckily my girlfriend can read German, I wanted to make sure that certain details weren't missed in translation as P&P RPG's can be pretty granular when it comes to detail.

It's very much like D&D, but the settings are closer to old Europe and have some historic refernces. Some of the rule sets are almost identical to D&D with very minor differences. The calculations seemed to add a bit more difficulty to introductory levels though, so my guess would be working on minor quests to build a character before trying any combat that might become too involved. From the short time I played the demo that seemed to play out as true. Early contact with minor foes ended in my untimely death quite easily, especially when running solo. I haven't had a chance to pick it up again or continue studying the rule sets. Still recovering from nasty bugs... sick sleep

It did seem like it would be a very fun and traditional RPG. thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/09/09 02:17 AM

Yes, I recall that earlier thread, TM.

The game seems very enticing to me !! happydance
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/09/09 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Drizzt
Anyone keeping tabs on this game?

Not really, I haven't been that much interested in the "newer" RPG games. Mostly because they lack that special something that makes it wort playing more than once (at least to me)

What about you Drizzt? Are you going to get it once the English version comes out?

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/10/09 03:44 PM

Hi smile

When I go to Amazon UK or Play.Com (also UK) and search for
Drakensang - The Dark Eye I get THIS

Due for release at the end of March ....

Is it the right game ??

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/10/09 06:41 PM

I think so Mad wave

You can be the first to play it wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/10/09 07:07 PM

It is the same game, Mad, but it's already out in the US: (Been for a while now) http://www.gogamer.com/Drakensang--The-D...2VVviewprod.htm at a few places.
Amazon also has it: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Eye-Drakensan...6136&sr=8-1

Well, hurry and get better soon, Trail, you're going to love this game! It's your honest to goodness Classic RPG, and you can have a glorious party of 4 members (in addition to your avatar) that you can build and fiddle with as much as you like!

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/10/09 07:26 PM

Thank you both for that confirmation !! bravo

I will pre-order it then ....

After all, there can't be any harm in increasing the height of my "still to play" stack even more.
What else is a BAAGSY person to do ?? lol lol

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/10/09 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad

I will pre-order it then ....

After all, there can't be any harm in increasing the height of my "still to play" stack even more.
What else is a BAAGSY person to do ?? lol lol

Wrong? Of course not. A nice tall stack of "to be played" games gives one motivation to live long enough to play them all whistle puppy

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/11/09 04:43 AM

Now there's a philosophy to grab on to !!

Thank you, looney4labs rotfl

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/11/09 03:59 PM

Glad to be of service Mad wink
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/12/09 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Smiley456
Anyone keeping tabs on this game?

Not really, I haven't been that much interested in the "newer" RPG games. Mostly because they lack that special something that makes it wort playing more than once (at least to me)

What about you Drizzt? Are you going to get it once the English version comes out?

Indeed I will. But for some reason, it has been delayed a long time now. Still no release date for an English version, it seems. I had not noticed; Are you from Skåne?

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/12/09 02:48 PM

I ran a into this game yesterday and it accidentally fell into my hands as I was not shopping with a cart puppy
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/12/09 04:34 PM

I'm hearing good feedback on this game on different sites. Looks like it might be one I'd like.
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/13/09 01:00 PM

Indeed I will. But for some reason, it has been delayed a long time now. Still no release date for an English version, it seems. I had not noticed; Are you from Skåne?

Yup, that I am grin

Edit: Found the info, which is basicly minimal modding but nothing else frown

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/14/09 09:46 AM

Drizzt, AFAIK, the European release date for the English version is set for end of March.

Anyway, so I've been playing my U.S. copy for a while now, and I think I'm reasonably on top of the leveling rules and combat by now. My main character is a currently level 5 Elementalist.

I've also figured out the best way to work the camera for my tastes, and I've set the combat mode to pause on every turn, which seems to work best for me, so I'm currently having fun with the game. thumbsup yay
Posted By: oldman

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/23/09 09:52 PM

Well I've got this game now and have made it through the first chapter. I have a question. Moondancer you said you figured out the best way to work the camera and I can't figure out how to adjust any camera settings. Sometimes it is far and sometimes it is really near. So how did you work the camera? think hardwall

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/24/09 04:02 PM

Ok, you know when you use WASD normally and you use the mouse to navigate with? You can do exactly that here, but by keeping RMB depressed.
At first I found it very irritating to play with RMB depressed all the time, but I've now become used to it.

Also you use your middle mouse button to zoom in and out. So between zooming and moving your camera around with RMB depressed, you can have your camera basically anywhere you like.

Hope that helps, but just ask if that is not enough.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/24/09 04:04 PM

:Thanks: Moondancer wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/24/09 04:47 PM

That made all the difference in the world. Now I'm able to pan with my mouse which is what I was looking for. Thank you bravo so much. I'm wondering around the dungeons zombie under the temple now looking for Oracle stones. If I ever find one I guess I'll know what they look like. think

Game is getting more enjoyable as I get used to it. woozy

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/24/09 05:28 PM

Yes, I must admit, I didn't realise at first about the RMB as well, and found the camera very frustrating without it.

Oldman, you are not looking for actual stones now, but for golden pieces of a statue. They sort of hover in the air above platforms in certain rooms. Watch out that you don't come too close to those stinky amoebas, as they tend to cause fear in your mighty warriors! I took them out with one guy as a tank, and my other people doing ranged shots.

Enjoy!

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/24/09 06:52 PM

Thanks again Moondancer I'll be on the lookout. I've already died once when the amoebas ganged up on my party so am being much more cautious now. At least with the auto pause I'm able to regroup and plan a strategy.

Those that like the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/NWN etc type games should feel pretty comfortable with this game.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/26/09 08:49 AM

Hi oldman smile

When you installed the game did you notice if there are difficulty levels to choose from ??

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/26/09 06:12 PM

Mad when you first start playing it defaults to a normal level and it has an option for expert which I didn't select so I'm not sure what that does.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/27/09 02:24 AM

scared I was hoping for the Easy/Medium/Hard choices !!!! scared

Thanks for letting me know, oldman grin

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/28/09 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: oldman
Mad when you first start playing it defaults to a normal level and it has an option for expert which I didn't select so I'm not sure what that does.

Hi, that "expert" option is to re-assign your avatar's stats in a manner that you prefer. It seems that with "expert" they mean that this option is for people who are already well-versed with the rules of how the game's stats work, and want to fine-tune/tweak it to their preference.

Unfortunately, it seems that the game has only one default difficulty setting, you cannot make it easier. There are not options for "cheating" with code either. So you either have to get a trainer or bite the bullet, it seems. wink

Luckily, I like a challenge, but I must admit, that from Moorbridge onwards, the game did start to get rather difficult for me combat-wise. And let us not even mention the boss-rat deep under Ferdok... razz I decided to shelve that one for a while, as appararently one can come back to the rats under Ferdock at any point in the game, which I might do right at the end... laugh

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/28/09 05:19 PM

Moondancer, I d'ld the demo but could not get past the first training encounter. I'll give it a go again sometime though wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/28/09 09:17 PM

oops

I might have jumped the gun in getting this game then ....

Seein' as how I'm certainly NOT the best fighter goin' eek eek eek

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 05:25 AM

That's 2 of us Mad. lol After the 1st chapter I found a save game editor otherwise the combat would have ended it for me. grin

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 05:45 AM

Hi oldman smile

What does a "save game editor" do that would help with combat ??

In fact - what IS a save game editor, anyway ?? lol

[I'm too scared to even install this game, now scared]

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 09:10 AM

A Save game editor does just what it says. It allows you to edit your save games. You can take your latest save (or whichever one you want to) load it in the editor and modify any of your characteristics. So you can raise your statistics (Strength, dexterity etc) to enable you to more easily defeat enemies or take more hits as the case may be. The more sophisticated ones even allow you to add special skills and spells and almost anything a character has. It's quite useful for wimps like me especially for games that don't have a god mode. rotfl

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 03:09 PM

Yes, Save Game Editors can be quite fun, but hubby and I discovered that if you play with those stats too often, you can end up with a corrupted game--at least that's what happened to Soot and I in Baldur's Gate 2 wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 10:54 PM

Well maybe learning how to use one just for absolute emergencies might be useful ?? grin

Although from the sound of things I'll definitely be having more than a few of those !! scared

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/29/09 11:50 PM

Mad, most of them are just fine. It's a good idea though to keep a back up save before you used the editor.

We didn't know that using an editor could cause a problem, so we were having fun til son told us to watch it and the very next day our game locked up.

Loaded a save from way before the editor and quit playing around in the game files lol

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 03:21 AM

Hi smile

Could anyone please advise me if there is a good "free" one I can download for use with XP (or Win98SE and XP) that isn't madly difficult to use ??

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 04:45 AM

Mad you can get one at Cheat Happens here. You may have to join but you don't have to be a paid member to get the save game editor. The 32 bit will work with Win XP. wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 05:10 PM

Hi oldman smile

Thanks for that info !!

I downloaded what was on THIS page.

Have I done right ??

Cheers.

Mad grin

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 06:19 PM

Yep that's the one. thumbsup Worked for me hope it works for you as well. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 07:08 PM

Mad, your link takes me to the savegame editor for "Need for Speed." The link in Oldman's post goes to a collection of links for "Drakensang," including this one for the savegame editor for 32-bit Windows
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=24318

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/30/09 10:36 PM

My bad I just saw save game editor and missed the title. Jenny100 is absolutely right. Thanks for the correction blush

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/31/09 04:36 AM

Hi - And thank you both grin

I've downloaded the right one now. [What a dope I am !!]

Mind you, that's nothing compared to what could happen when I try and use it rotfl

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 03/31/09 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Hi - And thank you both grin

I've downloaded the right one now. [What a dope I am !!]

Mind you, that's nothing compared to what could happen when I try and use it rotfl

In case you don't already know it when you open the program you have to click on load. Then browse to the save game folder which for XP is My Documents/drakensang/profiles/default. It took me some looking the first time.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/01/09 04:48 AM

Hi oldman - and thanks - I've made a note of that !! happydance

If I find I don't know what to do even after that, I'm hoping you'll be here to help me out lol

[I won't be installing the game just yet. I have too many already in mid. play wink ]

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 02:21 AM

I've started this game and am still on level 1. As usual, I have chosen a ranger character because I like using a bow. However, I also like some thieving skills but I cannot lockpick. Will this skill become available after I level up or is it not available to my character at all? I am coming acoss many locked chests and it bothers me that I cannot open them. I haven't come across another thief party member yet but when I do it will mean a lot of backtracking. I would rather be able to do it myself.
Posted By: H4XX0RZ

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 02:29 AM

I believe if you specialize correctly, you should be able to get it. I'm not entirely sure how, as the character development system in this game still doesn't quite make sense to me, but it should be trainable.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 02:30 AM

Rowan, I found several references on the net to using either Gladys or Dranor (party members I assume you will pick up) for lockpicking, as well as putting a hairpin on your action bar and clicking on that to open locked chests.

I'll bet someone who has more experience with this game will be better able to answer your question luck

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Rowan
I've started this game and am still on level 1. As usual, I have chosen a ranger character because I like using a bow. However, I also like some thieving skills but I cannot lockpick. Will this skill become available after I level up or is it not available to my character at all? I am coming acoss many locked chests and it bothers me that I cannot open them. I haven't come across another thief party member yet but when I do it will mean a lot of backtracking. I would rather be able to do it myself.

There are lockpicks that can be found or bought, as well as hairpins, and you need the lockpicking skill. You have to get trained in skills by finding people to train you. So, you should talk to everyone you can and if they can train you there will be an option to learn. You also have to have adventure points (I think that's what it's called) to learn the skill.

The rogue you meet in the first town, (I think his name is dranor) will have the skills as well as Gladys. These two will be available later in the game after some side quests.

You can find a partial list of trainers at Gamebanshee

Once you get into the game you have a party of 4 so you should select those with the skills you desire.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 04:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I will wait until I find Dranor to see if he can teach me. If I start a new game with a different character I will lose this game and can't come back to it.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/15/09 05:01 PM

You need to do a quest to find Dranor, though. It involves a gypsy princess (or queen) and a trip to a very high mountain.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/21/09 02:01 PM

I've made it to level 5. I'm deep under Ferduc. For the last 3 days I've been rat queen food. If dying were a skill I would be a master expert at it by now. Does anyone know at which level I should be to kill Ratinsky?

Off to do some other quests.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/21/09 07:24 PM

On the other boards I've read recommendations of level 8 before you face the Rat guy.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 01:34 PM

Thanks, I've left the Big Rat til later and am now in the swamps. I've found a treasure "map" which is a series of clues but they are not that clear to me. Does anyone know where the treasure is? There is no question mark on my map to point the way.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 01:40 PM

Rowan, This Thread from GameSpot talks about a treasure being
Click to reveal..
a few feet from the body behind some bushes near a waterfall.

I'm not sure if this is the same one though. luck

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 04:55 PM

Looney, the treasure map I mean is found in the Moorbridge Marshes. There is no mention of it in the few walkthroughs that I have found. If I leave Moorbridge I will not be able to come back.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 04:59 PM

Awwww, sorry, I was hoping that would not be the case.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 08:01 PM

Looney, the treasure map I mean is found in the Moorbridge Marshes. There is no mention of it in the few walkthroughs that I have found. If I leave Moorbridge I will not be able to come back.

Row here is the complete solution to the treasure map in case you need it.

I didn't do that quest myself but probably will on the second go around. I plan on using a different set of characters once I finish and try to find all the quests.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/23/09 10:29 PM

Thanks Oldman, I was just home from the vet and sitting down to google. You are the best bravo

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 04/24/09 02:00 AM

Thanks, Oldman. That is the best site yet for this game. The others that I had found were fairly incomplete.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/05/09 07:26 PM

Hi everyone. Is anyone still playing this game? Did anyone ever defeat the big rat in Ferdoc? The last time I tried I was level 5 and couldn't do it. Now my party is at level 10 and I'm just as dead as before. Is there a way to adjust the difficulty level? The other hard quest to do is the one where you have to fight with Rhulana against the Amazons. I don't see how these quests are winnable.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/05/09 08:22 PM

Rowan, there is Thread here talking about various techniques. Will any of those help? luck

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 01:58 AM

Thanks, Looney, but nothing seems to help. frown I just wondered if anyone actually got through it. I can't even imagine the end boss fight if the game has such impossible obstacles throughout the game.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 02:39 AM

oops

Looks like I could very well be searching for cheats as soon as I install this !!!! lol lol lol

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 04:07 AM

It's a good game, I just found the character development system more of a hassle than a help and (for me) the only way to pass fights was to use a save game editor. I've finally uninstalled it. It might be a little while before I put it back on.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 09:09 AM

I found the fights very hard, but do-able without editors if you visit sites where you can get tips and hints on strategy.

I had progressed to the end of the Grimtooth Castle level, before I got a bit tired of the game. I definitely plan to come back to it soon though. I just needed a bit of a break in order to catch up with some Adventure games. wink

How far did you go before you got tired of it, H4XXORZ?
Posted By: Fishook

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 10:50 AM

I got to the area after Moonbridge Marshes, before I gave up and uninstalled it, I sort of regret it now(deleted my Save Game. I found it rather frustrating with the combat and charater development, which would of been too bad but it was the only game I was playing and I do tend to get bored especially with long games. I have change my gamming habits playing two games instead of one.

I enjoyed what I played of it, but it lacked something it did'nt help with not knowing the gameset and difficult combat. But I have completed most other PC RPG's though. Just started King's Bounty as my RPG/RTS game seems pretty good of what I have played of it, but playing more action based games as well as adventure games, to try and stop me getting bored of long titles

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 06:46 PM

Hi everyone. Is anyone still playing this game? Did anyone ever defeat the big rat in Ferdoc? The last time I tried I was level 5 and couldn't do it. Now my party is at level 10 and I'm just as dead as before. Is there a way to adjust the difficulty level? The other hard quest to do is the one where you have to fight with Rhulana against the Amazons. I don't see how these quests are winnable.

I assume that you know how to add points to your statistics when you level up. It took me a long time to figure that out and I had a whole bunch of exp points unused when I finally did.

There is a save game editor that allows you to change the inventory items (in particular weapons) as well as statistics. If you increase a weapon to 10/20 for all your characters then you will fell Mother rat pretty quick. That's the easiest way I know plus you can then edit again and return the weapons to their original strength (or not).

Posted By: pantheon

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 08:31 PM

Hi Rowan

I was able to defeat the giant rat at low level - This was the first thing I did in Ferdok. It took me a number of attempts but this is how I did it.
Use sneak and entice the rats to you and take them out.
Use an archer and sneak to hit one of teh rats in the distance behind the giant rat (down the path to the right of GR). Make these rats come to you without the giant rat coming as well.
I did this by leaving the party by the entrance and running back to them. Take out these rats.
When the Giant rat attacks I had the amazon lady whacking her with an axe and the dwarf and saber lady whacking from behind (these are good hits) with my character (an archer) constantly giving bandages to the Amazon woman.
When the GR is at three quarters/half and a quarter health more rats attck - I used the dwarf to attack these - as they arrive I had the saber lady cast the 'harder to hit' spell on my main character and then she also attacks the rats. I did go through a few bandages smile

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/06/09 11:04 PM

You guys rock! wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 02:39 AM

To answer the question that was asked, I got through with Moorbridge. It was a fun game, just couldn't hold my attention for long enough I guess.

I'm glad other people have had the patience to do it, though. Hopefully I'll muster up the whatever it is and try to finish it.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 10:04 AM

It's a pity if you gave up after Moorbridge. The next level outside of Ferdok (Blood mountain) is actually very nice - the best part of the game for me so far.

Has anyone else here actually finished the game? Oldman, what about you?

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 01:29 PM

Ratinsky is dead! Half my party including me limped out of there in a dying state. We were almost finished off by the remaining smaller rats. Still think the win was good luck rather than skill.

There are 2 more "impossible" fights that I may whine about in future: the fight with Rhulana's Amazon "friends" and the Revenge Ardo fight. I just hate it when you get locked in with your enemies with no chance to run away for healing.

Thanks all for your support. praise

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 03:03 PM

bravo Rowan yay

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Moondancer

Has anyone else here actually finished the game? Oldman, what about you?

Well um.....I had this problem. My computer went crazy and all I got was strange colors on my monitor screen. I couldn't even start it in safe mode so I took it to the doctor and had to get a new video card (good news is it's a Geforce 9500 with 1GB) and reinstall windows vista. They were able to save all my files on my hard disk though so I have reinstalled Drakensang and went back to my latest save at Blood Mountain and am now moving forward from there.

It took me the better part of a day to reinstall all my programs etc. but now it's back to normal with a better Video Card.

Rowan thumbsup way to go.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/07/09 08:07 PM

Oldman, glad you were able to get it fixed. Do you notice a difference in the game now that you have a better video card?

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/08/09 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Oldman, glad you were able to get it fixed. Do you notice a difference in the game now that you have a better video card?

Not a significant difference. I had a GeForce 8800 with 512 mem and now have twice the memory on my video card so there probably is some performance improvement but I haven't really noticed any. Basically I was satisfied with my original card until it died and now am happy with the newer one (except for my pocketbook of course). lol crazy

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/08/09 07:09 AM

Quote:
Ratinsky is dead!
Gee, congratulations, Rowan! bravo
I admit I have not killed mother rat myself yet - was waiting to get to a higher level, and then I sort of forgot, as the game is quite interesting enough without that quest....

Eek Oldman! I'm glad to hear you could save all your files including your gamesaves! thumbsup Btw, technology is not really "there" yet regarding the use of memory far over 500 Megabytes of memory, which is why I rather opted for a faster card with lower memory, during my last upgrade. I went for the XFX (Nvidia)9800GTX 500MB.

The card is quite a monster - it's even physically so big, that I panicked it wouldn't fit on my board/in my case, and indeed, it was a tight squeeze to get it in! I'm not complaining though! grin

I'll be playing some Drakensang this weekend again.. Who knows, I might even take on Ratty... :shiver:

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 05/08/09 01:31 PM

Moondancer, if you decide to take on Ratty this weekend and succeed be sure to search her body for a nice prize. luck

Did you know there was a way to summon more than one pet to assist you? I would still be fighting and dying but for that.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/04/09 06:39 PM

Finished the game! I got up to level 17 with my party.

I enjoyed various parts of the game. The ending was...
Click to reveal..
...disappointing.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/04/09 07:02 PM

Way to go Row! bravo Mine is on hold for a while. Been concentrating on Perry Rhodan and taking a break from the dark side. But..........I'll be Baack. monky
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/06/09 09:44 AM

HI- grin

I have my ususal question on two games, Drakensang:The Dark Eye and Elven Legacy, both sound good, but are they point and click, with my memory I have probably asked that before, so forgive me, I do not remember.

Thanks

maggie help wave broccoli

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/06/09 10:56 AM

Yes, I have also been playing lots and lots of Adventure games, so have not made much Drakensang progress. I had finished Grimtooth Castle, beaten the Amazon quest, and now I'm at the docks busy with that quest with the Stoerrebrandts and Neisbecks.

Now, I wonder if one could leave Ratty for last? headscratch

Well done Rowan! And you played without any cheats at all? shocked bravo

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/06/09 04:00 PM

Maggie, Dark Eye is point and click. Let me google the other.

Edit: Elven Legacy is a Strategic Turn-based combat game. I didn't see any info on the specific control scheme though wave
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/07/09 03:52 AM

L4L- thumbsup

Thanks so much, will order Dark Eye and leave the other for now until maybe we get someone who has played it. Thanks so much for the help.

maggie wave catrub yay

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/07/09 07:27 AM

I love Drakensang. Haven't progressed far, just about to wrap up Moorbridge Marshes quests (finally found a way to open that last crypt) then back to Ferdok.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 06/07/09 05:49 PM

Pollo, you got further than I did. I never got past the initial fight--but I bought it anyway and will play it I'm sure wave luck

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 07/31/09 06:43 PM

I'm having a good time with this game. I just finished off Ratzinsky and was surprised that it wasn't harder. I had three companions using melee and one caster. The caster was unconcious at about the halfway point, but everyone else finished strongly. I had just returned from Grimtooth Castle and was at level 10. I found the escape from the castle a harder fight. Actually, I just ran out of there and it worked. The battles don't seem hard to me except for a few like entering and leaving the castle. I still have the Amazon fight to do and that looks like a hard one. On to the Tallon quest.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/01/09 02:32 AM

I'm still plucking up the courage to attempt this game blush blush

I keep averting my eyes from its place on the shelf so I don't see it glaring at me !! lol

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/01/09 03:13 AM

Try it and you might be surprised how much you like it. Play smarter than me and pick up the Amazon Rhulana at the inn at the start. She will be a big help.

I tried the Amazon fight again and won it pretty easily. Used wound powder and Rhulana needed a oneberry juice, but otherwise no problem. She has some nice looking armor now.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/01/09 05:54 AM

Hi Pokey smile

Thanks for that tip - I have made a note of it thumbsup

And I do intend to play the game - but not just yet.
I have so many games installed already and never seem to find enough time to get round to them all as often as I would like grin

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/01/09 09:33 AM

I am now doing the robbers and witches quests but finding them quite hard, especially when they attack in numbers. Trying to lure only one of them away from the rest does not seem to work very well. But I'm still enjoying the game a lot. smile

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/01/09 09:49 AM

I really need to get back to this game. I had just finished the Amazon quest after beating Grimtooth Castle, and agree that it was not all that bad.

I then became bored with the game, because I went back to that Harbour beer company questline, since I was scared that I might not have the chance to come back and finish it if I advance beyond a certain point with the MQ.
Now might actually be a good time to make my second (previously failed) attempt on the Rat boss's life.... razz

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/02/09 12:16 AM

The final battle in the Revenge for Ardo quest was a tough one. I used up nearly all my big supply of oneberry juice. Nothing left to do in Ferdok at this time so I'm finally off to Tallon. It will be nice to see some new landscape.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/07/09 06:25 AM

Defeated the dragon. He wasn't all that tough if you just use burn salve and cast healing spells, but I had a hard time finding the path that led to the Dwarf Tower near him. The quest to kill the dragon was fun as were many of the quests around Tallon. Done with all that and have arrived at Murolosh, which is a very different looking place.

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/08/09 03:28 PM

Has anyone solved the Leprechaun's riddle yet?

EDIT: nevermind; I didn't realise it was actually that easy.. razz

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/08/09 05:55 PM

Glad you got it Moondancer luck with the rest of the game wave

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/09/09 05:13 PM

I finished my investigation in Murlosh and went to trial. The king ruled in my favor and I am now in the caves under Murlosh. Quite a few enemies down here, the fire spirits being the toughest. I thought I had made a lot of burn salves earlier but I must have gone back to another save and had just a few and no recipe. Hope I have enough healing potions to get through, since I can't leave the area.

Edit:We struggled through the caves and finally made it back to the town. The big cyclops skeleton wasn't so bad since we had some running space, he is slow and I think he lost sight of us as we ran around the stair platform, so we got the advantage. The fire spirits are still the worst, but I made sure to make a lot of burn salves when we got out, so I am ready for the next ones. The diamond whetstones are nice too. Heading back to Ferdok to pick up some healing potions and hang the head of the dragon on the wall of Ardo's house.

We just survived our most intense battle yet. Fighting the Grolm King and his minions behind the fire fall was difficult because of the fear spell that prevented our using healing potions. Finally found a strategy that worked and moving onward toward the final boss. The snow is a nice touch after the fire we just passed through.

Edit...Finished the game with a rousing battle. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to a sequel.

Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Drakensang - The Dark Eye - 08/15/09 04:03 PM

Please edit, rather than doubling up on posts when possible. It helps conserve bandwidth Thanks! thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community