GB HOMEPAGE

Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!!

Posted By: maggie57

Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/22/08 11:01 PM

HI grin

I got my Witcher Enhanced today, put it all on, it still blinks on update and says I need 1.4.5.1280, but that is what mine is. Does anyone know why this is happening or have they had it happen and why?? I have Geralt back and I am so happy. rotfl rotfl

Thanks

maggie think headscratch wave yay devilchili
Posted By: Milee10

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 01:46 AM

Hi Maggie!

There are two version updates depending on whether you downloaded the patch and extra content, or bought the new Witcher in a retail boxed version that was all inclusive.

The version you have (1.4.5.1280) is the boxed and the downloaded version for previous owners (that I have) is 1.4.5.1282. You don't need the other update, your game just thinks it does lol.

Marilyn

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 03:07 AM

Marilyn- thumbsup thanks

Thanks so much, I thought either the game or I was crazy, I had bought the first game and then bought the second game, but when it kept blinking update, I thought I had a serious problem. Thanks so much for letting me know. It went on in a breeze, no problems at all and got it all registered. Now I can play again with no worries. Thanks again for your help.

maggie wave praise praise praise yay

I am assuming there is no difference between the download and the full retail new, I wonder why it blinks though??

I am already seeing a difference between the two games, Leo and Lambert have different voices and I like the map that pop up when Geralt is on his way to Vizima outskirts. Also other small changes in words in sentences. But so far no problems (knock on wood) and the game looks great......

maggie wave broccoli
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 12:16 PM

But the most important thing is they kept Geralt's voice the same! I love listening to him...
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 12:34 PM

My game version for the Enhanced is 1.7 and I also saw the blinking update thing but now ignore it because why would I need a lower number patch?

Well my game is still not registered but at least it now stopped launching AOL and goes right to the game launcher when I insert the disk.

Tech support has answered my email and it will be interesting to see what they say.

Well starting to get used to the game a little and fighting is becoming less of a problem then in the beginning.

I have picked the easy mode for my game playing so maybe that is helping me to stay alive.

I have many quests now and just finished doing the fighting with the venus flytrap type plants for one of the people I have to gain trust from.

Have to go into the crypt next but have to see if I can find a torch somewhere because its really dark in there. eeek.
Posted By: threads

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 12:59 PM

Well, I did say I didn't intend to play the Enhanced Version immediately - now I can't lol

The lads haven't yet finished my new computer - keep meeting snags. Waited all day yesterday for them to complete transferring data from my old one to the new then, because of the larger fan discovered the case would not fit eek

Whatever, this morning a loan PC arrived - no games on it but it is allowing me to write e-mails (on the dreaded AOL) and can at least come on to Gameboomers.

Marylyn, to date have sent only one e-mail on AOL, and that was to you. Can you check please?

rolleyes Life goes on.

Posted By: Mad

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 02:34 PM

Hi smile

Just to get things straight in my oft times muddled brain ....

Does the entirely new, enhanced, boxed retail version of the game need to be updated ??

Cheers.

Mad think

Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 04:07 PM

Mad, as I understand it, the new enhanced version from brick and mortar stores does not need patching. But if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me. wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 06:10 PM

Hi looney4labs .... And thank you !! smile

That's what's so great about Gameboomers - we practically always get offered the help and information we need yay

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 06:23 PM

I think Looney is right.

I don't have the original Witcher but I thought this enhanced version was suppose to come with extra stuff and all patches needed if you did have the original game.

Like I said my version is 1.7 and I did not see patches with a higher number.

Shouldn't patches have a higher number?
Posted By: Milee10

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 08:14 PM

I got the version numbers from 'Cheat Happens'. That's how I found out there was a difference in versions between the boxed and downloaded content (I didn't think that maybe their numbers might be for the separate Trainers that had to be made for both Enhanced versions oops) . From what I gather, the patches are the same, but different. Does that make sense?

The boxed version is fully updated already unless they come out with another update in the future. My update quit blinking as soon as I downloaded and installed all the new content. Took a full day to do it all! I downloaded the patch (v1.4), language (English) files, bonus content, and both new adventures. I didn't download the music.

Sorry if I mislead you Maggie! That's what happens when a person is brain dead to begin with insane.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 10:40 PM

VHL, you can also brew up a Cat potion to let you see better in the crypts. The problem with the torch is that you have to either drop it and switch to your sword to fight the ghouls in the dark or you have to fight them with the torch itself!

Get enough money - at least 200 orens - and go find the Antiquary in the Inn. Buy the book on plants from him. That will allow you to be able to identify plants that have the ingredients you need for different potions. Also try to buy the book on creating spells as soon as you can. In fact, buy or find as many of the books on creatures, monsters and spells you can.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/23/08 10:56 PM

Oh Thank You for the info Draclvr and I will look for the Antiquary. Hope I have enough money. smile

I also find that if I get into a dark place that making the monitor brighter helps but not always. Have to get more spells.

***Ok.....off to look for more books.***

Does this game have any teleporters??? Seems like a long hike from one end of the town area to the other. Phew.

At least the tavern owner will store stuff for you and thats good.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 12:37 AM

There are a couple of teleporters later in the game, but for the most part, you have to do a lot of running around!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 01:42 AM

VHL- grin

I think it will not be till section 3 till a teleporter is used. They will be at three different spots. But as Drac says, you do lots of running around and lots of going to the swamp (uck), I still dislike that place. When one of those plants first popped up out of the ground, I fell off my chair. rotfl

maggie wave yay broccoli

Milee-

My game is still blinking update, but am ignoring it, has to be Senior Moment for my game. Since right now it is updated all the way.

maggie happydance
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 06:01 AM

Witcher is one of those games that rewards you for running around, though. Lots of experience and alchemy ingredients to be found in nasty swampy places, for example. And some of the higher level monsters respawn, so it's worth spending time wandering.

I guess I'd better check to see if the boxed enhanced version is available locally. I'd buy a second copy of the game in a heartbeat just for the added materiel.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 06:35 AM

I noticed the guard Jethro now has a mustache, funny looking, I am in Vizima, have made lots of Cat Potion, so will not get lost in the dark. Really enjoying the game, did anyone notice that the fire starts differently in the little village outside of Vizima???

hagatha is right, you do find tons of things, well not tons but lots and lots, the books and scrols are some of the best help. I steal them from houses and those I can't find I buy and then sell back.

maggie

wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 12:41 PM

Isn't there any place to just buy the potions that you need?
I never make my own in these games but I guess if there is no other choice then I will have to.

Where exactly do you find the ingredients like say for the cat potion?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 09:00 PM

VHL- grin

There was never a place in the first game and I doubt there is in this game. Once you have the plants, click on any books, read them by right clicking on them and then sell them back. Then you can get all the plant material you need. It is so easy to make the potions. You rest and where your inventory and all comes up a vial comes up and you click on that, it will show which ones you can make. In one or two click you have them made. I will let you know if I find anyone new who has them to buy, maybe they do this time.
You know the hospital in Vizima, the bushes there, click on each one and those help you make Cat. I think I have 12 Cat potions, it is the one I make the most of. Also find a torch, see the sellers in Vizima or steal one from a house, they are good to use if you do not have Cat.
Click on list of ingredients and it will tell you what you need for each potion, some you will only find in the swamp, if you kill the undead, save brains and such and same with other monsters, save all.

Good Luck

maggie wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/24/08 10:59 PM

Thank You Maggie for the info. smile
I don't have the first game only the enhanced one so don't know what was in the first one.
I am only in the first town area so have not found the hospital yet.
I need to go into the crypt(which is really dark)to kill the gouls (I think) to get a pass from one of the gatekeepers.
I don't think I have the ingredeients that I need for the cat potion yet so guess I will have to find a torch for now.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 12:32 AM

VHL thumbsup

Are you in Vizama? If so you will find the hospital, but if you are in the little village outside of it, no hospital at all, but you will find a doctor, female. You don't need a pass to get into the crypt and since I had not made Cat yet was able to finish without the potion, you will just go in. Last time there was a key, this time no key. Search any house and all their furniture and see if you find a torch, you will find most will just stare at Geralt, or maybe call him a name.

Good Luck

maggie wave broccoli yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 12:43 AM

If VHL is still in Chapter 1, she won't find the hospital just yet. Isn't it Chapter 2 where you finally get into Vizima and find the hospital? I can't remember for sure. I'm still in the outskirts of Vizima myself.

Maggie is right - making potions is easy. You just have to get some of the books that give you the formulas and let you recognize the plants and other ingredients. You just have to read them (I actually don't - I just right click on them!) and then the knowledge is added to your Journal. Then sell the books right back.

VHL, both versions are essentially the same game; the enhanced version just has more content and lots of other good stuff.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 01:15 AM

Drac- grin

Yes, the hospital is in part 2, but Shani is in part 1 on the outskirts, and the witch is too, to get books and some things for potions. I am finding so much more speech content, longer sentences, different sentences, it is really so much better and I didn't see how it could be.

Take care

maggie wave yay burger
Posted By: Marian

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 01:21 AM

Woohoo!! My Witcher import Enhanced Edition from GoGamer arrived today; I love all the extras that were included!!

Marian, still admiring the (still) shrinkwrapped box!! grin

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 02:31 AM

It's a good idea to raid all the houses for books and scrolls, and don't forget to talk to everyone.
Click to reveal..
Talk to all of the little old ladies, even if they're rude to you at first. They will give you valuable plant lore in exchange for a little food. Keep talking to them until you get no more information

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 02:36 AM

hagatha- thumbsup

Thanks for that tip, they were always so rude I never talked to them, this time I will. Marian, did you get the box unwrapped and the game on or are you still looking at it.. rotfl rotfl headscratch

maggie wave yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 03:10 AM

Yes to all of the above!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 04:00 AM

Maggie, I'm still looking at it! grin

I had nearly a 10-hour work day today and I just didn't want tiredness to interfere with my Witcher experience tonight, so I am going to load the game up tomorrow after work. In the meantime, I will be casting loving glances in its direction. wink

Have fun! wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 05:22 AM

Well-

I have found what you call a glitch in the game in part 2. In where the Dwarfs live, I killed some Salamander, well they came back to life twice, one still stood, the other laying down, I just killed them again and now they are gone. I think just a tiny glitch, so if anyone runs across it, just do double duty in hacking!!!!!! headscratch headscratch rotfl rotfl
Marian-

I know you are going to enjoy this, I had the wrapper off so fast it was unbelievable. Enjoy your game and try to get some rest. sleep thumbsup

maggie wave yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 10:43 AM

Yes I am in the outskirts of Vizama.

I need the pass to get into the city part of Vizama and have to do the quest for the guy near the north gate before he gives me the pass.

***going back to talk to people and search houses.****

Thanks all for the info.

Well I searched the houses and didn't find any torches or much else.

I also did the crypt without the potion and then later was able to make my cat potion for the first time.

I did find the pass on the Reverand though so am in the city sewers now and chapter 2.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 06:34 PM

Hi smile

My "gift" Enhanced Witcher game arrived today broccoli and although I don't intend to play it just yet, naturally I couldn't resist installing it and watching that magical opening sequence again lol

The game installed fine, no hitches except .... as I went through the installation procedure I wasn't offered a drive choice of where I might want the game to go woozy

Does anyone know how I can get the game to install to the drive of my choice ??

Thanks.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 07:08 PM

Mad- grin

Mine gave me a choice and I picked c, can you take it off and do it over, that does not make any sense. Did you read my other glitch in the other thread, it is a funny one.

Good Luck

maggie wave broccoli

Mad-

Glitch is in this thread

VHL- thumbsup

Whatever house you go into, check barrels, dressers and all if you can. You should of picked up lots of stuff outside of Vizama, good luck in the sewers and swamps, uck, uck, but lots of hacking and slashing.

maggie wave yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/25/08 07:23 PM

Hi maggie57 smile

Thanks very much for coming back with that reassuring news bravo

Although how I could have missed the choice when I was actually waiting for, beats me !! woozy

[And yes. I did read your post about the glitch grin]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 12:26 AM

Hi Mad- grin

Glad you got your game on and glad you read the other post. I had such a hoot over those guys not really dying, two laid in the street and one stayed standing moving his arms, it was quite funny. headscratch duh
My speakers broke so went over to Fry's Electronics and got a nice set of Logitech for $19.99 plus tax, I hate paying too much for speakers, hopefully these will last awhile, the others I had were a bad brand and lasted only six months.

Take care and enjoy the game.

maggie wave yay happydance

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 03:42 AM

Wow, what a great game! I'm still in the opening stages but I am already really, really enjoying it. I had started The Witcher months ago but when I heard there was going to be an Enhanced Edition, I put it aside and decided to wait for the updated game.

This was really worth the wait! thumbsup happydance

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 04:08 AM

Marian- grin

I am so glad you like it, it is my favorite RPG of all time so far, I would love to see them do a Witcher 2 and it would be great too. It sure is worth the time.

Have a great time.

maggie wave yay
Posted By: nickie

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 04:53 PM

Great to hear you're having fun with it Marian! I look forward to playing this for the fourth time, and I haven't done that with a game since Divine Divinity.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 08:51 PM

Maggie, I think I'm developing a bit of a crush on Geralt already. This will come as a surprise to no one, I feel sure. whistle

Wow, nickie, your fourth time through the game! I hope you enjoy this enhanced edition as much as I am. I would definitely like to play it at least twice. smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 09:55 PM

I'm playing the difficult setting my third time through. I'm just not sure I can force myself to pick the Imperial Guard or whatever they call themselves this time. But I must so I can play it all three ways!

It's not hard to fall for Geralt, Marian. We promise to share him!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/26/08 10:28 PM

Marian- thumbsup

I think all of us who are females have fallen for Geralt, hearts hearts that scar on his face does not bother me, I would like to see the guy they took his looks from, of course today it is easy to make up a face on the computer.

Drac- grin

How is the difficult setting, I had not used this, this is my fourth go through too, am using the easy setting since it had been awhile since I played it. Are you finding much difference??

Take care

maggie wave yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/27/08 03:39 AM

So far the only difference I'm finding, maggie, is lots more monsters! For instance in the cave in the Outskirts of Vizima where you are to find some guy's skeleton, instead of just 4 or 5 echinops or archiosporse - I forget which they are, there are at least 7 or 8 of them!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/27/08 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: maggie57
Marian- thumbsup

I think all of us who are females have fallen for Geralt, hearts hearts that scar on his face does not bother me, I would like to see the guy they took his looks from, of course today it is easy to make up a face on the computer

maggie wave yay

I'm not positive, but I think they used Trail Mystic for the role model.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/27/08 04:02 PM

HA! rotfl Maybe when I was younger Nickie I could have pulled that off. Now I look more like the grizzled sheriff from a B-western lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 05:26 AM

I have noticed so many differences, they have changed a lot of people for voices or changed which did which. I am seeing more movement, look at Triss when she talks to Geralt in her bedroom, her arms and hands never moved like that. Geralt has quite a talk with the guy who takes him to the swamp, a small royal chewout, but polite. Yes, lots and lots of Monsters too, I am seeing so many more.
Click to reveal..
I have found another glitch in part three. When you go to the Crypt in the graveyard, save first, the game suddenly stopped. I do not know if it will happen to everyone, but thought I would warn you.

maggie wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 12:53 PM

I got to the point in my investigation where the detective wants me to kill the bad guy(forget his name).

I saved before the detective told me to do that and went to try.

As I attacked the guy all of a sudden a least 10 or more people come in to help him.

How do you survive that? You guessed...I died.

Will I have to try to kill him or should I wait to see what else comes up in the investigation and maybe I won't have to kill him?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 02:11 PM

It's a tough fight. I had to take a lot of potions - finally had to resort to that one where everything is in slow motion (Forgotten the name, someone will remember). But, I didn't like that story line and preferred to not kill him, and went back to a save that time so I didn't. He does have a rare meteorite on him if you do kill him.
Sometimes you get locked into your choices by previous decisions in dialogue and gameplay--but I'm thinking you can still get around this by ignoring the guy.
Posted By: fildil

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 02:50 PM

I have surfaced from playing this game ususally to eat and sleep lol I'm having so much fun this 3rd time and even though I know that I will make all the same decisions that I made the first 2 times through, I'm enjoying myself immensely. The game has crashed back to desktop a few times and I can't remember if it did this the other times I played. Draclvr, I don't think that I'm going to play this game on the harder levels if there are more monsters. I can't stand all the drowners that swarm around you in the swamp and then I know that there is that other swamp after Princess Adda. eek

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 03:31 PM

This is the fun, but sometimes frustrating, basis of this game. Decisions, decisions, decisions! You might go back to your save and select a different response which will then have a different consequence. I didn't kill him either - is it Ramsmeat? I liked Ramsmeat.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 06:54 PM

Yes it is Ramsmeat.

So far I havn't killed him yet.

I just finished off the Stone Golem...YES!!!!...what a fight that was. It took me a long time and had to run to the other corner by the campfire to rest and eat and heal because I had no more healing potion but I made it....phew. smile

Those things I am collecting for the tower quest....I have only one more to find and it keeps pointing me to the detective so don't know what to do next. Where is the last one? I tried to open the door to the mage tower but it is locked and can't get in. Wait....I probably need the last one of those things right?

***well heading back to see if I can figure out what to do next***
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 07:15 PM

You all have peaked my interest is there a demo for Witcher enhanced? or just a demo for Witcher? Why is it called Witcher? Is this about witches?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 07:21 PM

VHLMagic, go back to the detective and see if you come to any interesting conclusions. (check your medallion)

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 08:58 PM

Sherryah- grin

The game is called The Witcher, it is about men who are Witchers, they kill Monsters and try to settle problems. If you are going to pick one up I would pick up the new Enhanced Version, it will have all that the other one did, just more. It is an RPG, point and click. It is the best RPG I have ever played. There is a Demo you can watch on the Witcher main page, I do not have the link, but it is a great game, nice and long and very interesting, if you do not mind some bad launguage, sex, etc. It is for +18.

Hope you get the game and enjoy it, lots of people here will help you.

Maggie wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/28/08 11:05 PM

Yes mine has bad launguage too but nothing I haven't heard before.

Well I couldn't get the detective to tell me anything new so I decided to save the game and try to kill Ramsmeat.

Boy to my surprise I succeded and got some really good stuff off all of them. Hehe.

I am now in chapter 3 so onward we go. smile

There is a demo you can download at Fileplanet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?q=...mp;x=55&y=6

I use the Direct2Drive manager because I am on dialup and you can download a little at a time for the big files.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 12:26 AM

I just started chapter one. happydance I love the way the interface explains all that was instructed in the tutorial, as otherwise I might have been feeling a bit lost. When I created that potion for Triss, I couldn't get over how beautiful and elegant the game is. smile

At this point I feel like I am sort of muddling my way through, but I'm sure that with another hour of play I will get more comfortable with all the options available.

So far the game has run perfectly with no crashes, and it definitely seems to be taking less time to load and also running more smoothly than during the short time I spent with the original version.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 05:20 AM

I'm sure you'll get more comfortable with it in short order, Marian. I know I found the combat very different at first, but after a bit I really enjoyed the finesse of it. I can recall muddling through the alchemy portion to begin with too, and wondering why I couldn't pick up plants (have to have the skill and read the books). It really is a stunningly beautiful game, isn't it! Can't wait until you get to chapter four - just loved it.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 07:14 AM

Nickie grin

You are right, I found the same thing with the combat the first time I played it. I notice in this game he does some different killings, I am still enjoying the game.
After awhile you will find you have too many plants, but better too many than not enough, oh and Marian, if you have not played the game before an important item to pick up is the flint. Pick up as many as you can, I generally have about 20. Good for starting a fire when you need to rest.

Take care

maggie wave yay lol broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 11:01 AM

Well spent all day yesterday with the game and still enjoying it.

I bought Two Worlds-epic at the same time as this game and at first I only wanted to play Two Worlds but as I got use to this one...it took over my play time....hmmm.

Well I can finally use the teleporter stone given to me in chapter 2 and it is really nice to be able to use that. The monsters in chapter 3 are really big...wow.

One thing I found out was you CAN outrun the mosters because they only chase you for so long. The other thing is to save a lot because the game does crash every now and then and wants to send an error report to Microsoft.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 02:41 PM

Very good point about the flint Maggie! In the early parts of the swamp it sure came in handy especially, when I was running for my life with few points left. Good of the monsters to let me sleep and get all better too! grin

VHL, are you talking about Two Worlds? Or are you saying that Witcher is crashing on you?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 06:24 PM

My Witcher game crashed on me about three times so far. I'm in Chapter 3 and once when I was in the swamp, the graphics got all funny and I had to exit and restart.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/29/08 07:18 PM

Thank you, guys, for the comments and suggestions. smile Maggie, that is good to know about the flint, as I have been picking it up whenever I find it. At first I had no idea if it would be useful or not, but of course now it becomes clear. thumbsup

Yes, nickie, it really is a very beautiful, "meaty" game. I could easily see myself playing this game more than once. happydance

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 01:35 AM

Nickie- thumbsup

My game crashed on me once in part 3 as I was finishing up the Crypt in the cemetary, that is why I mentioned earlier saving as you go in. So far it is the only crash I have had. Fil, I too have noticed the graphics funny in town in part 3, I let it run a second and then it seems fine, some kind of a game glitch, I am positive, it is like I am seeing the drawings of the town, not of the game, then like I say it clears up and is in color again. headscratch duh
Yes, I like the flint comes in really handy, glad to help. I know when you first start the game it is hard to come by, unless you find someone who sells some or you steal it.

Take care

maggie wave yay broccoli catrub

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 04:52 AM

I had one crash when my video card went all funky, but then I know it is at the bottom of the game requirement recommendations. Maggie, I know your computer meets and exceeds, so I'm sure why you got a game crash.

Gotta go back a finish up Dracula 3 for a review, so I'll be back later!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 06:52 AM

I just picked up my copy of Witcher Enhanced, and will be loading it up soon. I'm dying to see the new stuff.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 11:29 AM

Its my Witcher that crashes Nickie. Not all the time but now and then. That is why I make sure to save, save, save.

Well running around trade area have a lot to do.

I was not sure which side to go with and the fence(I think) got killed by the Order of the Rose. Hope I made the right decision by not chosing sides.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 01:27 PM

There are choices like that that make the game so replayable. No wrong choice, just different story lines according to your decisions.
Sure sorry to hear about the crashes though. With so much work going into this enhanced edition I was hopeful.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 06:25 PM

I would like to find out how to reforge a weapon.
I was trying to find it in the book on the CD but have not yet.

When I go to the blacksmith all he offers is to sell the weapon.
I don't want to sell it but only reforge or add a ruin to it.

I wish I could do it myself like in all of my other games and it would be much simpler.

Anyone try this yet and how did you do it?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 09:47 PM

I found that pretty confusing the first time through the game too. What you do is take your weapon and your 3 runes or whatever to the weapons forger. He takes your weapon and reforges it - for a price. Then you have to pay his fee for reforging the weapon.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 09:50 PM

Hagatha, I look forward to your comments and observations about the EE. thumbsup

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 09/30/08 10:32 PM

The only window I saw that came up with the blacksmith was a window to sell the weapon. So that means you have to sell him the weapon and ruins to put in it then buy it back?

I guess I don't know what you mean by forger. Do you mean a blacksmith or am I missing something. If I need to find a forger then where would I find him?

Thanks for you help and understanding. smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 12:44 AM

Yes, I meant a blacksmith, but I'm not sure all the blacksmiths reforge weapons. Maybe someone else remembers better than I do! And yup, that what you have to do is sell the weapon and buy it back with the runes forged into it. Now, I assume you do have 3 of them, right? I still find it sort of confusing.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 03:38 AM

Drac- grin

If you have an idea why mine crashed once, what do you think? Of course I save my game alot, which I think is good. The Dwarf in Vezima will reforge and the one on the outskirts and also the one who works for the troops.Also the one in the newer town area in part 3.

maggie think yay

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Drac-

Have you played Dracula origin yet? I just got mine, will put in on in the next couple of months, but have several to finish????????????????

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 06:02 AM

In case you didn't see the guy- I didn't the first time I went in there and got even more confused - there are two individuals in the dwarven blacksmith shop, the main blacksmith and the apprentice. Only the blacksmith can do the forging, and the apprentice just buys and sells. You do have to have the appropriate number of runes or meteorites to get the weapon upgraded though.
Whether it's worth your while to upgrade your sword
Click to reveal..
-if you're close to chapter four you get a better one anyway

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 10:35 AM

maggie, I know that my video card is at the low end of the requirements, so I'm pretty sure that's why my screen when all hinky and I had to restart the computer. But I know yours is much better, so it's hard to tell why it crashed for you. I assume you have all your background stuff turned off like automatic update for your anti-virus, etc?

Already played Dracula Origin (loved it!) and am in the middle of Dracula 3 right now. I'm working on a review of it with danyboy over at Mystery Manor.

I'd have to agree with Nickie about the reforging. I'm going to do it this game hoping it will be more worth it.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 11:23 AM

Oh Thank You all for the info.

I don't have enough ruins yet so will have to wait I guess.
I don't even know where the heck I would even find any more but will keep an eye out for any more.

I am still in chapter 3 and now am running around in the sewers looking for the Salemandra...oh wait...I found them....OK boys...lets dance. smile

I am starting to see some pretty good moves like jumping onto the enemy hehe to finish them off.

How the heck do you tell what level he is? I see the level on the skills but not anywhere else. Does he uplevel or is it only on the skills?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/01/08 03:51 PM

There's a bar in the upper right hand corner that shows his experience level above the skills on the skills page - is that what you mean? There's also an experience bar on the medallion that shows his progress to the next level.

Yes, any three meteorites or any three runes to reforge the sword (which ones you use change the attributes slightly) = they're hard to come by, although you can pay an outrageous price for them from the blacksmith's apprentice.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/02/08 05:20 AM

In the end I never bought a forged sword. There's a fine sword in the swamp that you can get while on a quest, though it's a difficult area to tackle early in the game. I used that one until Geralt met a lady (who, though she had a sword, seemed to have forgotten her clothes). There are other fine swords later in the game. I spent my gambling winnings on books and high-quality hootch.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/02/08 11:29 AM

I found the up leveling info. Thanks Nickie.

Will have to go through all of the sewers in both areas to see what I can find. smile

I think I just got a quest from the elf in the swamp to go there anyway to search
the ruins for something.

I have 3 swords and I am always on the look out for better ones.

My inventory is always pretty full and yet I can’t make to many potions…jeeze.

I still don’t like that this game forces you to make your own potions.

I am lucky if I make one now and then. Guess I need to have the right stuff.

Well just got the Bricklayers free from the salamendra in the swamp area and now
going back to get info on the werewolf to help one of the ladies I met.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/02/08 12:37 PM

VLH, the one thing you have to keep well-stocked in your inventory to order to make potions is high quality alcohol - or "hootch" as Hagatha says! I always buy everything the waitresses have when I am in an inn or tavern.

Also, have you bought or found every book on plants and different monsters you can get your hands on? That will allow you to recognize and collect all your ingredients. Read them and then sell them back to an antiquarian.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/02/08 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
I used that one until Geralt met a lady (who, though she had a sword, seemed to have forgotten her clothes). .

rotfl

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/02/08 07:44 PM

Well I have read just about all the books I can afford but always looking to see if I missed one.

I also just stocked up on the strong alcohol so hope that will help me.

Yes buying more strong alcohol did help. I was able to make a bunch of potions finally. smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/03/08 04:46 AM

Once I got the hang of Witcher's version of Alchemy, I became a potion-making fool. In my second game I realized that you can make potions that are EVEN BETTER broccoli yay by using alchemy ingredients that all have the same secondary characteristic.

I...became...obsessed. hardwall grin

By the end of the game I had so many perfect potions that I couldn't carry anything else, and never needed 90% of them. But it was fun, anyway; some of the potions are incredibly powerful. I stayed in a crypt in the fourth chapter for about twenty days, using Swallow and Cat Potions, killing ghouls and Graveirs and other assorted undead, and levelled up about four times. Yay! Powergaming!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/03/08 04:54 AM

hagatha- thumbsup

That is great and you sure are better than me at making potions, what are some of the ones you made? I am still trying to make Wolf.

Take care

maggie think wave yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/03/08 06:45 AM

I made most of them at one point or another.

If I remember rightly, if you use all Albedo-based ingredients to make your potion, your character doesn't get poisoned as much. But don't quote me on that because Albedo is the only one of the three I can remember. It might be one of the other secondary effects that makes the potions less toxic. It's easy enough to find out, though.

I remember liking Wolverine and a few others, but I used the basic ones like Cat and Swallow the most.

Some of the better potions require really good quality alcohol, but your friend the alchemist sels some lovely red liquor that can be used for the best potions (and his supply respawns, too).

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/03/08 03:42 PM

I'm back in Geralt's world (thanks Drac!) and I don't think I will come out for a very long time. This game so spoils a lot of other games.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/03/08 05:12 PM

I'm so glad the new patch worked for you, nickie! As I remember, the last one didn't. Have fun!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 03:54 AM

Hi smile

"This game so spoils a lot of other games."

You are SO right nickie !! lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 07:44 AM

Mad- grin

You are so right about this game spoiling other games. I have been playing Loki lately and even though I love it, it is nowhere near as good as The Witcher, and of course it does not have my main man Geralt....................

maggie crazy bravo wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 11:55 AM

Well lads and lasses the real world has encroached so much I think it is time to start playing the Enhanced Version of the Witcher.

Of course it is always possible a nurse might knock on the door hoping to change the dressing on my ankle. Knowing what life has thrown at me recently, it is more than possible rotfl

Well, I'm going to give it a go - wish me luck.

See you later.

Alice.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 02:27 PM

So glad to have you back in the game with us, Alice!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 03:50 PM

Hope you are able to immerse yourself in the game Alice and at least temporarily be transported from all the daily worries. kissy

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 04:29 PM

Managed to play, on and off, for three hours. Have got the Rev's Eternal Fire ring, dispatched the the echenops in the cave and found the Skull (suppose I'll now need to arrange to bury it in the Rev's crypt).

Just before reaching the Rev I had a glitch. The screen froze when I reached the men guarding the entrance to that area. For no reason at all I suddenly found myslf with the Gift menu. Had two things which were labeled Gifts but the cursor was behind the menu. Had to come out of the game and reload. This time turned my back on the village, wandered back down the road, spoke to some of the old women, picked a few herba etc and wandered back - no trouble at all. Strange , didn't experience any glitchs last time I played.

Now must abandon the computer, get ready for bed and complete the chores which must be done tonight for the morning. Can't rely on Mr. P.

To be honest I shall be glad when I'm actually IN bed and sleep

Hope I get a short time to spend with Geralt tomorrow, though doubt if it will be very long. Sunday is never straightforward.

See I should be taking more interest in making better potions. I've bought or pinched every book and scroll I could. Well, no police around. rotfl

G,night.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 04:39 PM

Glad you were able to play! Do you have any other programs running in the background, like virus checker?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 06:32 PM

Threads- grin

I had one time where it closed down to the desktop, it was in part 3. I am glad you did not have any others. I tend to do a lot of saving with all these games, better than going a long way to start again I figure.

Good Luck and have fun with Geralt.

maggie wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/04/08 11:54 PM

The cd version of Enhanced seems to be running perfectly on my computer.

One comment -- the dice poker game seems to be much more difficult. Has anyone else noticed that? I used it as an easy source of income before. Now I can't even beat Zoltan Chivvay.

I'm playing on the hardest level this time. So far I see no difference, but then again I haven't got to the Boss fight in Chapter One.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 12:03 AM

Did you play on the hardest level with the original game?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 02:09 AM

No. Is there a difference in the poker game? It was incredibly -- ridiculously -- easy on the lower two levels. Not a problem. In my last two games I kept WAY too much stuff. This time it will all get sold, since I know what to keep and who to sell things to (like all the Bhargest skulls...all but one of them, that is

The loading time is much faster in the Enhanced, I've noticed. So far only one crash, though the crashes in this game tend to freeze up my computer.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 02:25 AM

hagatha, I'm noticing that too. But what I'm seeing is the opponent is actually playing the game correctly. I always hated when my opponent had a full house or something, but still rolled the dice and lost just because I was so far advanced. I would rather play an honest game!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 02:33 AM

Yes, it was silly.

My game crashes every time I get to the cutscene where Vesna is being bothered by the thugs. I can't go on with the game, unfortunately.

Is the cd version of Enhanced patched? Or do you have to download anything? I did get a fatal error of some kind the first time I tried to install. The second time I walked away for a while and the game was still installing when I came back, but I wonder if I have some installation error even so. Should I be downloading something as well?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 05:03 AM

Yes, the cd version is patched. One thing I noticed is that my "just barely adequate" video card is having a bit more trouble with the Enhanced version. I had to lower a lot of stuff in the video options this time. It's still playing beautifully though.

Have you tried posting your problem at the Witcher forums? They are great about answering back right away.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 05:43 AM

hagatha- grin

Have played poker many times on the enhanced and I also noticed a difference, it does seem to be more difficult to win. Maybe they made it too easy for us last time.

maggie wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 05:49 PM

I managed to get around the problem by sneaking past the group of men along the Inn's fence so the dialogue didn't start, and approaching from the Inn side. Something about the direction I was comng from seemed to send the game into a tizzy.

There was a glitch, for sure; Vesna was still in the Inn compound when Geralt made the comment about Vesna having unwanted company. Once I got past the men and entered the Inn compound, Vesna started on her way out, and the quest proceeded correctly.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 07:33 PM

Good going, hagatha. Hope it continues to work for you...

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/05/08 09:29 PM

hagatha- grin

I do not understand why it is crashing there, only problem that I had was in part 3, I hope now you are fine and playing the game with no problems. I do think there is a glitch or two, they will probably come up with patchs, I hope.

Take care

maggie wave luck yay

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/06/08 03:32 AM

If anything, I'm finding this version buggier. Dialogue has ben tuncated in many scenes, with the opening sentence or two skipped. Still, I already know the story line, and the improved load times are a real blessing.

There is a big difference playing on the hardest level, after allIn the character creation screen it says that on this level you have to use alchemy to survive -- and that's true. Interestingly, the Spectral Doggie Boss at the end of Chapter One went down very quickly, while the nasty crypt monster was very hard and after several fatal attempts Geralt of Rivia bravely ran away(he did return and finish the job, but it's the oly time I've had to use the attack/retreat/attack routine in this game). The lower level beasties seem to be harder to kill. Also, I normally finish Chapter One at level 11, while this time I was only level 9. I'll have to do some level grindig in Chapter 3, I guess, if I want to end up with all the magic skills I plan on having.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/06/08 12:29 PM

I'm playing difficult mode too and I've noticed the same thing. I don't remember which level I was at when I Chapter Two, but I think it was level 11. I'll have to check. Luckily for me, I've had no bugginess at all, but as I said before I've had to lower some of the video options with my 7600 GT video card.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/06/08 07:33 PM

Drac- grin

Do you think it is some of the Video Cards, mine is a NVIDIA 8800 GTS I have only found the one problem, still on the easy level and still in part 3. What do you think, do they need to come out with a patch??

Thanks

maggie think wave yay broccoli

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 01:57 AM

I really don't know, but I'd guess it has to do with our systems one way or another. You have a video card that is much better than mine, but then again I'm having very few problems at all so far. I'd have to guess that this game has been "patched" to the max, but you never know. If some specific problems come out that a common to a lot of the gamers, they might come up with something! They've certainly been responsive to issues so far.
Posted By: looney

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 02:30 AM

Well howdydoodee gang! wave

I've been playing the new enhanced version of our beloved Witcher and I'm just gonna say right out - I am pretty disappointed! It's buggy where it wasn't and harder in the wrong places. I feel like the original version with the patch was much better! This is so sluggish and jerky that it almost makes me motionsick.

And as Hagatha pointed out, the dice game is much harder. To make my point, I saved and reloaded 27 times and still didn't win ... against Zoltan Chivay! slapforehead
I won't be doing the dice game.

The fist fights seem to be easier tho. headscratch

I'm not sure how far I'll play with this version, but I will be going back to the original with patch after this!

Boy, what a let down! sad

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 02:56 AM

Oh, what a bummer, looney! I hate that the game is buggy for you. But I actually like that the dice poker is harder or more real as it were. I hated that it actually cheated before. I would have an opponent with a full house and had beat me, but on his roll he would roll everything and promptly lose!

Maybe I'll have to try the fistfights. I just couldn't stomach them before!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 03:02 AM

Hiya Drac! Yeah, it's too easy in the original version, I always thought how dopey these players were for throwing away winning hands! lol
But this is taking things to the opposite extreme eh?

Oh well, I still have my beloved original version. I guess the enhanced version will be a dust collector.

By the way, I forgot how funny it is to drink a few pints ... evil

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 03:16 AM

It's weird that for some of us the EE runs better and for others worse than the original; I fall into the "runs better" category by a very wide margin.

I'm sorry that some of you are experiencing problems!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 12:50 PM

I think it all depends on the systems it's being played on. Mine is just barely adequate and it's playing beautifully! I love all the extra dialogue and better character movements. I was thinking there were supposed to be a bunch more characters, but I haven't seen any new ones yet.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 01:41 PM

You're right Drac, I guess my machine just doesn't like the EE huh? cry

I'm not seeing any new characters at all, what I do see is the same characters with different colored clothes on. I love to see the colorful groups tho!

And the better character movements is nice too, except the one irritating habit that everyone (except Geralt) has developed of looking up at the ceiling ... alot. I wonder what's so interesting up there? lol

Well, I'm not happy with the EE but I'm still thrilled to be playing again! And I'm still making the mostly the same decisions, I can't help it! blush

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/07/08 03:19 PM

I'm with you looney grin, this is the third time I'm playing the game and the only thing that I've done diffently this time is let Geralt sleep with more women. lol For some reason I can't go against Siegfried, he just seems so sincere, pompous and righteous, but sincere. This time I'm trying to use the Wreath of Immortelles on Celina but after I get it, I never run into her again. I wonder when I play the game again if I should do the hermit's quest first.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 05:20 AM

Yes, if I remember correctly you need to do the Hermit's quest first beause you only get one chance at helping Celina.

The Enhanced version runs reasonably well on my computer, but as before I can only have one day's worth of saves or it gets sluggish and the load times become tedious. My video card is probably at the lower end of acceptability for the game. But it runs well enough.

I'm getting close to the end of Chapter 2 and am only at level 16 -- way behind where I was last time I played. Never fear. In Chapter three there is a wonderful spot for levelling up. It takes a couple of hours, but if you're patient you can go up four or five levels. There's another good one in Chapter Four, too.

Now that I've been playing the Poker Dice for a while I've started winning again. Not all the time, of course, but it's like a real game now.

There were a couple of quests in Chapter Two that didn't appear and I'm wondering if I just missed them or if they were taken out. It doesn't make sense that they would be taken out, though. One was the quest for the loggers -- the one where you have to take the Head Logger's axe back to the Brickmakers for the shrine. I never got any dialogue about that, either from Vaska or the loggers. The other was the fellow who appears when you first come out of the jail; he give you a key to a crypt in the sewers and asks you to retrieve some family heirlooms -- except he didn't appear.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 05:24 AM

I think the only time you'll run into Celina is when you do the quest to help her sister.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 11:15 AM

Are there any teleporters in Chapter 4? Sure am getting tired of schlepping from one end of the map to the other.

Is there any way to get back to the trade area in chapter 3 because I have one quest that wasn't finished because I didn't have enough money at the time? I see the marker on the city when you look at the world map as red and blinking but don't know how to get back there?

Thanks for any help. smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 12:28 PM

hagatha, I didn't get the guy when you first come out of the sewers either. I keep going back to see if he's there, but he isn't.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 02:12 PM

No teleporters, and you can't return to the city yet (and the city will have changed dramatically when you can. ).

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 06:38 PM

Oh wow Thanks Nickie. Sounds mysterious.

That guy that you are looking for hagatha I think waits only at a certain time of day. Not sure but think it was maybe at night.
You should wait and keep chicking for him. There is a campfire across from the tavern where you can wait.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 08:55 PM

Hagatha, I think you are referring to the Con Man quest and he only appears at 6 AM. He is standing right in front of the entrance to the sewers at 6 AM.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/09/08 09:31 PM

Yes, I remember that one too. Did not see him in Vizima, tried to stay away from the sewers unless I had to go down there, but I will catch him next game.

maggie wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/10/08 05:13 AM

6:00 a.m. Hmm, I thought I'd checked at every hour of the day. I'll try again after I've defeated the Golem in the swamp. I'm just killing monsters and hanging around, waiting for a rainy day.

I did get the Woodcutter's Axe quest after all. It must be tied to progres in some oher quest. But I put off buying the book about Alghould, Cemetaurs and Devourers, and missed my chance at completing the Alghoul quest in this chapter -- I forgot about the undead attack in the swamp.

VHL, some of the quests can be completed later in the game, I think -- the Kalkstein quests should still be available, for instance. But certain characters will not appear again. I missed a few in my first go-round. I also found a couple of new ones the second time I played.

Here's a question. In this game there was an area in the Sewers in Chapter Two that I didn't find in my previous games -- where the Cult hangs out. Is that new, or did I just miss it before? I know I've gotten the key before, but I don't remember actually finding the Cult.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/10/08 06:02 AM

You just missed it. Easy to miss something in this game if you alter your playing decisions somewhat.
It is SO nice to be back in the game. Has everyone played the new adventures? What did you think? Haven't done that yet.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/11/08 03:29 AM

I had a feeling I'd missed the area. Both times I got the key and was sure I was missing something...and it was that broken wall I found this time. I must have just never turned and looked at that wall before.

I haven't tried the new adventures yet. I'm saving them for later.

I just bought a new 24 inch monitor and I'm dying to get it set up so I can see what Witcher looks like on it. I also bought one of those switches that allows you to use the same monitor for two computers. If it all works it'll be a huge boon as the two monitors I have now are dinosaurs (i.e. more than three years old and not flat panel). I'll actually have some work space in my office again. Not that I do much work in there. lol

Oooooooh. The opening movie looks fabulous on the new screen.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 04:18 AM

I've never had trouble with the Golem befoe, but this time the lightening always hits Geralt. What I'm doing is getting two pylons going, and then waiting until the Golem is near the centre of the circle of Pylons before touching the third one. Geralt always dies on the second strike. Any other strategy advice? I'm getting a weeny bit bored with this.....

Oh wait, that was weird. I hit Escape after the cutscene, getting tired of watching it, and instead of being right on top of Geralt, when the action started up again the Golem was way over on the other side of the clearing -- long enough to cast my Quen sign and set up a strategy. Anyway, Golem down.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 05:25 AM

Whoa, that is strange. That was always one long slog of a fight and, yes, boring...

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 06:21 AM

I just finished Side Effect Nickie and now will tackle the other one. I played Price of Neutrality before without voices will see how it is here with the voices and then I will be ready to ride that tiger. lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 01:04 PM

Well I just finished the game.

It was a nice long game.

It had a lot of cutscenes and a good story line to it.

It was still just an OK game to me because I would have liked a few things different but that's just me.

I will play it again much later in time and will try different choices to see how that goes.

Well back to Two Worlds we go.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 02:09 PM

What would you have liked different, VHL?

What did you think of the new adventures Oldman?

That's exciting about the new monitor, Hagatha. I think it would be hard for me to tear myself away from looking at it!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 06:55 PM

The monitor is gorgeous, and the game...well, it's jaw-dropping at that size. The monitor works on a very high resolution, which, fortunately, both my video card and the game can support. Witcher looks so good that my partner, who isn't a gamer, stopped to watch the entire opening movie sequence and then stayed to watch ten minutes of gameplay.

I know that my older games will suffer, though. I've also got the monitor hooked up to an older computer, and the video card can't handle the high resolutions. Time for a new graphics card, methinks. It's nice being able to switch between the two computers, and the switch also supports music, so I now have only my Bose system set up instead of two speaker systems with subwoofers.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 07:35 PM

Isn't it great, hagatha?! I just set my new 22" View Sonic monitor and The Witch just looks amazing on it. I know that old 98SE computer won't be able to handle it and I'm going to need to look into upgrading the video card too. I've just robbed the sound card from it to put into another one, so I've got it all apart anyway.

Don't you love that switch? That's the same setup I have.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 08:17 PM

They are basically a couple of short stories Nickie. The price of neutrality is based around the Witcher's Castle and surrounding area, where you start the full game and the Side effects is all in the Temple Area where you go in act II of the main game.

More exploring in the neutrality adventure while Side effects has a lot of dice playing and fist fighting. There is some monster hunting in side effects but only in the Cemetary and Sewers (which are side quests to get into themselves). At least they have voices this time.

I have now finished the enhanced edition including the two added adventures. Overall I found a little bit of improvement in the loading times and small differences in the characters but nothing to shout about. I found no new animated characters just different voices in a few. I think the King was a completely different voice and he looked different to me in the Epilogue but maybe that's just me. smirk

I enjoyed the enhanced version but don't think it was as improved as I expected. Oh well, expectations are always greater than the real thing. cry

Anyway I am now ready for Sacred 2 and my copy is in Phoenix according to the USPS tracking so it should be delivered to my house tomorrow. bravo puppy

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Don't you love that switch? That's the same setup I have.

It's great. Where I once had a 15' long counter entirely covered by keyboards, speakers and two massive monitors I now have a single, thin monitor, one keyboard, and acres of workspace.

Of course, I now have my laptop set up on the counter so I can work in here, but there's still tons of space.

Oldman, it sounds as though the added adventures were a letdown. Too bad. I agree there doesn't seem to be much difference bwtween the original and the enhanced version -- except the faster load times, which I appreciate. Ah well, it's all fun. Witcher 2, anyone?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/12/08 11:42 PM

John, if your package is coming USPS rather than FedEx, I don't think it will come tomorrow; tomorrow is a postal holiday, Columbus Day. So, it will probably show up Tuesday. sad

FedEx delivers tomorrow as usual.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 01:00 AM

OH *&%$#@(many Expletitives) mad. Thanks for pointing that out Marian, guess I'll have it in my hot little hands on tuesday. Oh well, after the long wait, one more day is a walk in the park.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 01:07 AM

John, I understood your excitement about the game's arrival, and I just couldn't bear the mental image of your waiting around eagerly all day until tomorrow until grim realization dawned!

I look forward to reading your comments when the game arrives. thumbsup smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 02:08 AM

I enjoyed Sacred when it first came out, and am looking forward to S2.

In the meantime, I am approaching my first level-gaining spot in Witcher. Soon I'll be level 25 or 30, depending on how patient I am.

I'm playing a more magic-oriented game this time, concentrating on basic stats and magic signs rather than combat. This time I plan on getting my signs all up to the fifth level. I've never used Axii before, and can hardly wait to get it to level 3 to see what it does.

Also, I'm toying with taking the side of the Order, just to see what the difference is. So far I've sided with the nonhumans as usual, but I sent Alvin to Shani for the first time. I usually play both sides against the middle until th fourth chapter anyway, so I have time to decide. The Order seems a bit -- ick, though. But the nonhumans have done some fairly ugly things. The slaughter in the Cemetary almost qualifies them to be the enemy.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 02:24 AM

I never did go with Shani Hagatha, she just seemed too pushy I guess!

I did play a little with the other signs last go round, I thought Axii was a hoot! Not my favorite sign, but it was fun to play with. Now quen and yrden are a whole 'nother thing! Whew! i like these alot! With quen, when you put it up, you can still cast yrden without it going away. With both signs going, the enemy kinda of beats itself up a little! evil

Anyway, I hate to whine again but this time I was doing The Lost Lamb quest, and I found that boy. I went to Vaska's to talk about it and it said 'quest failed' and something about not being able to look for the boy now. rolleyes
Nope, can't say I'm fond of this enhanced version. hardwall

About Sacred, I have it in my to-be-played pile and it sounds like this might need to be my next in line huh? cool

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 04:39 AM

That's odd, about the Lost Lamb quest. It's pretty straightforward. Must be a bug. Annoying, though. Completing quests gives you so many experience points, it's a shame to mis one this way.

I've noticed that I don't get truncated dialogue in Enhanced, the way I did with the original version of the game. In Chapter Three Thaler's dialogue, after I rescued him, was always skipped; now it's fine (not that he says anything much).

One other thing I've noticed is that Geralt sometimes gets stuck in bodies and can't move away until the body disappears. Bit of a problem if you're being attacked by multiple Ghouls. scared

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 05:52 AM

I agree - I'm not seeing a lot of difference with the game. But it's okay - I'm still loving playing it!
One thing I wanted to say for those of you that purchase the retail game- included is a very nice strategy guide with all the maps showing everything you need to get around, and also all the quests. Most helpful.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 11:54 AM

Well to me the game would have been better if it had the following:

1. Teleporters in all of the chapters.

2. Potions dropped by monsters or you can buy them.

3. Being able to sell my stuff to anyone and not just certain people. My inventory was always full but couldn't sell stuff like wolf pelts or other stuff I didn't need. Infact this game was stingy with finding money or orens.

4. I was dissapointed that you couldn't carry weapons (except for the 3 that you could use) or any kind of armor to sell or to use.

Like I said above....its just my wishes but otherwise the game was good.

At least you could save anywhere you want.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 12:41 PM

After today's great disappointment I'm going to load the New Witcher. Last time I played I think I was just about to enter Chapter Two.

There is something niggling away in my mind. Can't remember, when, where or how I eventually ate or drank Mutagen (? sp)

Can anyone help?

Alice

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 02:24 PM

Thanks for your thoughts VHL. It's always interesting to hear what folks like in their games.

Threads, hope the game cooperates for you this time! As best as I can explain, a Witcher is a mutation from a human. Mutagens increase the alteration of the structure. For instance, you get a mutagen from that beast in the very beginning of the game (frightener's eye). You don't get those items very often, so the skills you can select that require them to be taken are limited. Does that help or is that even more confusing? grin

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 04:27 PM

Gosh Nickie, I'm talkiing about when one levels up - the first leg for Strength, for instance, one cannot get further because one icon requires Mutagen, or a similar word. Until one can fill that icon then none of the legs for Strength can progress.

Ok, now I have confused you haha.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 05:19 PM

I just finished the game again and I was just wondering. When you downloaded the new patch did you get the bonus games? I tried starting a New Game and all I have is the Price Of Neutrality that has no dialogue and it freezes up at the very beginning when you have to distribute talents. It didn't do that the first time I played it. I had such trouble with the patch download (I had to uninstall my COMODO firewall completely) that I would just not play the added bonuses if I had to download again.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 09:09 PM

Threads, there are a couple of special potions that unlock specific skills. Some of these are optional -- because you have to kill an NPC to get the special ingredient for the potion. Two of these skills are MUTATION, which is on the Stamina tree, and Predator, which is on the Dexterity tree.
Click to reveal..
I think in order to get these you have to kill Adda and Vincent Meis. I always choose not to, because if Geralt can cure them of being monsters, then why would he kill them -- especially Vincent, because he's a good guy and because he loves Carmen. And Adda is a spoiled brat, but it isn't her fault she was cursed.

But you don't have to get these in order to progress on a specific tree. Basically in order to unlock another level of a skill or attribute, you just use the appropriate bronze or silver or gold token in the circle that's labelled I, II, III, IV, or IV on the skill tree.

Bear in mind, though, that you can't unlock level III skills on any skill tree until you reach a certain character level in the game. So if you couldn't progress it was probably because of that.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 09:11 PM

Threads, you do not have to do the mutagen to add levels to the other legs. I never did the mutagens in the first leg in any of the strengths in any of the games I played and I was always able to go to the next leg and on to all the others.

Fil, I'm not sure about the extra games as I haven't tried them yet. Maybe someone else can help you who has!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 09:15 PM

Fildil that sounds like the 1.3 patch which is not the enhanced. That's what I got with the normal update prior to the enhanced version coming out. You should have two adventures, Price of Neutrality and Side Effects with the enhanced version.

One way to check is to double click on your Witcher Launcher and at the top it should read "The Witcher Enhanced Edition".

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/13/08 09:26 PM

Thanks oldman, I did check and I do have the Enhanced Edition. I downloaded it from FilePlanet and maybe they didn't have the bonus games on their site. I know that I did download The Price of Neutrality a while ago and played it without dialogue sound, but then I thought that the new patch would patch that game as well. I also checked on the Witcher site and to download the bonuses looked like it was going to hours, just like the patch, and if so, I think that I'll just pass.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 12:26 AM

Haha Alice, yes it's easy these days! grin Hagatha and Drac have explained what you're asking already I think. You know you can change skills on the left hand side of the game too when you want to use your points, right? So you can add to any of the active skills, such as your magic, or your sword? Each one you click will come up with a new set of circles. As the others have said, you can pick and choose from the circles available to you - if you've got only bronze, you can only utilize the first two up and down rows though. Each time I've finished the game, there were several circles in the first two rows (the bronze rows, in several skills) that I never selected.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 03:39 AM

Geralt is Alp hunting in the sewers right now, looking for that first gold skill token to spend. Then it's off the the Swamp, for some undead hunting. Gotta love those handy campsites. grin I'm aiming for level 50 this time as I'd really like to find out if that fifth magic circle is worth anything.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 05:49 AM

I hope you get it Hagatha! I'm still in chapter two - guess I'll move on when things quit appearing in the swamp. Might as well be in the swamp, just as you guys mentioned, I can't win at dice.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 10:33 AM

Nickie this is not what I am asking. Meditate and bring up the strength skill and you will see an icon in the first leg (about the fourth down) which says something like 'need a mutant to activate this'. Until it is activated one cannot proceed to strengthen the other legs.

Am I, as I usually do, not seeing the wood for the trees?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 11:39 AM

I can't imagine what is going on with your game, Alice. I have never activated the 4th mutant icon and I can advance into all the other legs just fine. Strange....

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 01:54 PM

You had the same situation when you first played the game Threads. I'm not sure what the problem is.
For instance, when I bring up the skill spell, this is what I have selected: In the first up and down row on the left, I have the second circle down selected, the strength level one (#1). There are no other circles selected in the first row, including the one needing the mutagen. In the second up and down row, I have selected strenth level 2 (#2), and the next two down from it (position and regeneration). The circle requiring the mutagen was not necessary to proceed. How many bronze talents do you have to distribute, and what level is the Witcher? Have you had the same problem in the other skill groups, or just in the strength skill?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/14/08 05:04 PM

Shouldn't be here - past Mr. P's time haha.
but had to boot-up hoping an important e-mail had arrived from Angela.

Just before I quit the game to do my chores I think the penny has dropped (!). Some way back you mentioned the eye of the Frightener. So made some Swallow Potions and added the Eye to one. Haven't even had time to check if that potion has been kept separate in my inventory. Oh well, will need to keep swigging Swallows until I hit the correct one.

Now Mr.P's bleeper is going so will say goodnight.

Be back, with luck, on Thursday.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/15/08 02:39 AM

You shouldn't need a specific potion to get you the next skill level in Strength. The special potion you're making is good, but it doesn't have anything to do with moving up a level in the Strength tree. Is it just Strength you're having trouble with? Are you able to get to higher levels in the other skills?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/15/08 04:15 PM

Hagatha no. It is Strengthe, dexterity, and the other two beneath those. The third icon down in the first leg states
"Required consumption of a mutagen."

"Sigh"

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/15/08 07:00 PM

Sorry to sound like a broken record Threads, but you don't need to use that circle to go on to the next row and select other things. You don't have to select all the circles.
I'm assuming you do have talents to spend on the skills? Shown above the skills, bronze and a number of available talents.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/16/08 12:15 AM

I will add my broken record to yours, nickie. You don't have to select that mutagen circle to be able to select circles in any of the next legs.

Maybe this screenshot from my current game will help? Notice with Strength selected I have NOT used the True Grit circle - which requires a mutagen. But I have all the circles selected in the next row and even one in the first silver coins leg.

Witcher Screenshot

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/16/08 12:39 PM

Draclvr - saw your screen shot. Like mine - have used one or two silver. Perhaps I'm still not strong enough.

When I get a chance to load the game I'll check things more thoroughly. Doubt if it will be today.
Posted By: Benedict

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 08:25 AM

I have the enhanced edition. What I don't understand is, why they can't include the printed game manual inside the box instead of providing it as a pdf? The box already contains a few printed items in booklet form, namely as the game guide, the novel and an installation guide in leaflet form. It would be much easier for me to get into the game if the manual is available for me to flip through. I need to refer to some of the charts and on the pdf version but they are upside down so I have to rotate them. If I want to print this out I would need a laser printer and it would not be in colour. This is so inconvenient.

During the fights the blows don't seem to connect with the enemies unless I use chain attack. Fighting feels tedious, as it takes more than a few attempts to kill an enemy, and they just keep coming! I am playing the prologue now.

On the other hand, there is a certain Oblivion feel to this game, which I like. The opening cutscene is ridiculously good - it is almost like a R rated version of a Pixar short film.

I wonder how long this game will hold my attention?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 09:51 AM

Do you have the North American version of the enhanced edition? I haven't seen it. But the imported uncensored edition does have a printed manual that looks just like the game guide.

There is a lot of finesse to the fighting. Important to pick the correct sword and the correct option for the enemy you are fighting. I notice a huge difference if I have selected "strong" style and I need "fast" style and so forth. You just start with the one sword, but later on if you pick the wrong sword it can take a much longer time to win the fight.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 10:32 AM

I received a manual in my box but the print is so small I tried to print it out in A4 size, as I do manuals for all games, then I can read it. This manual apears to print in exactly the same size, and colour, as the manual which came with the game!

Haven't solved that problem yet. My computer is Vista Ulimate.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 12:54 PM

Hi smile

My "enhanced" version (UK) comprises :
Three DVD cases (for 5 disks).
A folded paper map.
And three black booklets - a manual, a game guide and a storybook.

All nicely presented in an outer box style holder.

A pretty smart package I felt thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 12:59 PM

I agree, Mad. I got the UK import edition of The Witcher Enhanced, and it is VERY nicely put together; I love it! smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 01:55 PM

Yes, I agree but the booklets are in a print too small for me to read. Except with a magnifying glass.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/17/08 05:24 PM

Perhaps there is something different you do with Vista on the printing? If no one knows here, you could ask our experts in glitches.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 04:10 AM

Mine should be US version, I think. Honestly, how do these people (developers) expect us to know which version their games are? It is not stated on the box or in the readme. I have to look for clues like US addresses. If everything is printed in English on the box the game could be US, UK or even Australia version.

My version's install guide is only a leaflet. There is a game guide (strategy guide), a fold-out map, and a storybook. The game manual is in pdf format and not enclosed in the box. There are a total of 5 Disks(!) including two audio cd disks, one dvd on the making of the game, one game disk and one bonus disk. The bonus disk contains the two add-on missions and a game editor. The game in this version is supposedly patched adequately. With all the treasures enclosed in this box, they SHOULD have also provided the game MANUAL. Why not give us 100% effort if they are already giving 90%?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 06:15 AM

The censored version is the North American release, the uncensored is the U.K. release. Can't imagine why the N.A. wouldn't include the manual. The manual that came with the uncensored version is the same size as the game guide and the storybook and looks just like them from the outside. The game contains all that you mentioned except for the leaflet.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 07:58 AM

Benedict, if you start by playing on Easy you'll see how the fighting works because you'll get a visual prompt when you can make your next blow. You can't just click away at the fighting. I've noticed that at the end of each blow, Geralt does a little flourish with the sword, which you can hear as a "swish"; immediately after that you can make the next strike. If you strike too soon, you won't get to make the next attack sequence.

I just discovered a second great place to get huge experience points in Act III, and I can't believe I missed it the first two times through the game. I must have been in a rush to get to Act IV, or something. Anyway, after spending some time underground Geralt is level 32 and I'm only 3/4 of the way through Act III. Yay gold skill tokens!

I've also spent a lot of time gathering Albedo ingredients and making Albedo Tawny Owls and Swallows, since those are the potions I use the most and the Albedo versions are the least toxic. I'm also very fond of Cinfrid Oil, and Brown and Black Oils. I've been much smarter with my alchemy this time, not making potions will nilly, but checking the ingredients carefully and not using up my Albedo ingredients on oils and White Gulls and the like, which can be made with basic ingredients.

Does anyone know where I can get the recipe for DeVries' Extract? I have two of them (unidentified) in my inventory, but I don't want to use them until I've got the recipe. I've never had that recipe --- bt I've never even had the potions before, for some reason -- or I had them and never tried them. Someone gave them to me as a reward, I think.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha

Does anyone know where I can get the recipe for DeVries' Extract? I have two of them (unidentified) in my inventory, but I don't want to use them until I've got the recipe. I've never had that recipe --- bt I've never even had the potions before, for some reason -- or I had them and never tried them. Someone gave them to me as a reward, I think.

I've never used it although I've carried it around through several games but you can find the recipe here .

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 03:46 PM

Triss gives you the formula for DeVries at the beginning of chapter 3, when she tells you about Alvin being at the hospital. I'm not sure there's a lot of use for it though.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 04:11 PM

Oh boy, why do I try?
Oldman, When I first played the original Witcher I copied out all of those potions and had them filed - it was easy. Feel sure I would not have destroyed them but they appear to not be on my shelves.

Have just logged in with GameBanshee - it printed out just the picture of Devries potion and no information.

Did find an houw in which to load the game this afternoon, the Enhanced Witcher, and wanted to go to the swamps and it was Seigfried who talked the guards in allowing me to use the Dike.

When I landed Gramps was right there on the landing stage to be escorted to his 'church'.

Somehow lost my way after delivering Gramps (have his invite to visit his house.) Found myself with the stone Golems. Was able to light the pylons but nothing happened. Can't remember but guess I need to get the quest from someone or other.

Also can't rmember where I found the werewolf
Click to reveal..
which turned out to be Vincent
Think I'm losing my marbles.

Sigh.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 04:26 PM

Added a spoiler tag Threads - I know this thread has spoilers, but that's a big one that some might not want to see until they complete that quest.
You'll find the werewolf in chapter three, and have a quest about it. He'll be in town.
Re the golem - have you gone through the whole quest from Kalkstein yet, getting the lightning rod, talking to the Druids and all that?

DeVries formula lets you see invisible foes. It may let you see into houses to see enemies. I don't know, it never did anything for me so I stopped trying to use it.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 06:03 PM

When I used one of the Devries potions, it showed what looked like heat signatures; the description was something about seeing through walls. Ah well, it might have been useful the first time around. Triss didn't give me the formula, but maybe she was the one who gave me the potions. I thought using an unknown potion gave you the recipe, but that proved not to be true in this case.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 06:43 PM

Hi Nickie and Hagatha

Thank you for the information. I will try out the easy mode. I believe there is a also point and click mode, in which the viewing distance is further? Would playing in this mode feel a bit like Titan Quest? (I loved Titan Quest.)

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 07:33 PM

There are three playing modes. Try them all and see what's most comfortable for you. I'm using what is essentially a point and click mode.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/18/08 08:58 PM

I know she gave me the formula, not sure if she gave me the potions or I had them already. Like so much of the game, you can probably get things different places.

Benedict, when you click the easy mode, something else should come up about mouse. Anyway, one time it did, and the next time I hit easy it just did point and click automatically.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/21/08 06:04 AM

Hoo! On to Act IV now, well-stocked and at at level 33.

One thing I've noticed is that at this difficulty level (or maybe it's the level I'm at) the Swamp is just swarming with monsters -- not just two or three at a time but up to a dozen or more of various types of monster, all at once. Too bad they're not worth any experience any more, except for the Kikimores.

I started hanging around the Swamp Cave to get those Cockatrice experience points (there were six each day -- loads of points) and every time I rested I got swarmed by Bloetzingers, Drowned Dead, Drowners, Kikimore Warriors and regular Kikimores, all at once, as soon as I stopped ressting. So I stocked up on all my alchemy ingredients, too, especially Drowner brains, my favourite along with White Myrtle and Wing membranes

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/21/08 06:17 AM

Sounds like you're really dedicated to making the top level! I'm trying to take my time this go round, but there's so many monsters that have hardly any points to them. Funny - I'm at the swamp cave now hanging around. I kept getting lost in that cave - was sure there had to be more cockatrices there somewhere!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 05:18 AM

To get to the top level you'd have to spend so much time fighting that it wouldn't be fun any more. I just pick the easy places to get experience. The Elven Ruins are really the easiest.

The Cockatrices do respawn every 24 hours, but they're all the way at the back of the cave -- you have to go around the corner. I must have gone through there 10 or 15 times and only on the last time did I find fewer of them. I also got a second set of five or six Royal Wyverns up at the Island in the Swamp, and if you sleep at the campfire near the fallen tower you get a lot of undead spawning every night.

I was a bit miffed to discover that the best place I ever found for experience was gimped in Extended -- the Crypt in the Fields had a campfire and endlessly respawning Alghouls, Ghouls, Alps, Fleders, Centaurs, and the like, in the original version of the game. I stayed in there until I ran out of Cat potions last time and gained three levels in about an hour and a half. This time -- no campfire, no respawning. Still, at night the Fields are good for experience anyway -- tons of Devourers and quite a few Wyverns, and they respawn all night. I love the shivery music in the Fields at night, too.

I really wanted to get to a high level this time so I could have all my magic up at level 5 -- and I have neglected my sword skills as a result. I'll have to be a bit more choosy, that's all. With potions it really doesn't matter anyway. At the hardest level you get more monsters respawning, too, even the higher level ones. But I won't get to as high a level as I did last time, which was around 45-46, unless I spend a lot of time in the Fields. I do remember a generously respawning Basilisk in Chapter V,too, and they're still worth a lot of points at high levels.

I'm having a philosophical debate with myself about Adda this time around. It's not her fault she's been used and turned back into a Striga, but she did plot against her father and worked with the Salamadra to gain her own ends. She might just have to die this time. Vincent, of course, lived.

I loved Geralt's self-talk when he rescues Alvin in Chapter IV, if you've chosen Shani over Triss. It seems that Triss really is the right choice after all.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 09:17 AM

I haven't ever been able to make myself pick Shani. Can you say what he says with spoiler tags?
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 03:43 PM

I too, want to make more out of the game the second time around (now somewhere in Ch2), - I want to try and complete all the side-quests, and even do more of the mini-games.

Dice is going better for me this time round, but I STILL cannot seem to get the hang of fistfighting. All I saw in the manual, is that it is faster than sword-fighting, and that you block by right-clicking (which doesn't work for me anyhow). I don't know what that little yellow cross that sometimes appears behind the fist-cursor means. Does that mean "hit now" or "don't hit now"?

Could anyone give me a few tips on fist-fighting, please?

Oh, nickie! I so prefer Shani! She is so nice and so much cuter and prettier than Triss!

I'll have to choose Triss this time around, to see the other path, but I just could not let Abigail die this time, so I guess I'll see her later again.
I must admit I'm also going to find it hard to kill Vincent.

It will feel weird for me to fight against Yaevinn this time.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 04:20 PM

Moondancer, there are skills with the fist fighting that you can select with your talents. Geralt will do different moves. As far as that cross, you're right, the manual doesn't explain it very well - I'm thinking that's when you're supposed to block. Maybe someone will come along who likes or understands the fist fighting better than me!

Haha, I felt just the opposite, I always thought Shani was very bossy. grin Like you, I have had a lot of trouble selecting things that I didn't before - in fact, the best I've been able to do so far is remain neutral as the only change. Oh well, I'm still having a ball, even if I'm repeating myself! lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 04:22 PM

Well, I finally got this ordered curtesy of a wonderful friend, and it is on the way. However, I don't think I'll have much time to play until Jan--but at least I'll have it wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 04:25 PM

That's great L4L! I'm looking forward to hearing your comments.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 04:50 PM

Been a funny old day for me. My help's car was in for repair (no accident repair - it just would not start and had to be taken to be investigated) so had to fit our shopping in by taking taxis.

Out of all that came to opportunity for her to move my heavy chair out and search for files on the first witcher. And I found the potions, and oils print outs which will be very handy. It's an ill wind - as the saying goes.

Have this moment managed to boot-up and come to GB for a look around, then my active day will be at an end - Mr. P, the wretched creature, is warning me. Sigh.

See you tomorrow.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 04:56 PM

Alice, so glad you found it! Don't you wish you could set Geralt on Mr P? I do! puppy

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/22/08 06:21 PM

I bet the white Wolf could just give it that look and it would run for cover! Glad you found the papers, and hope you get some time to play Threads.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 02:41 AM

Thank you so much for the demo link to Witcher. I want to order the game but am decided and need the experts advice.
Interact has Witcher enhanced US Version and a International UK version. Which one is the best version? The least amount of glitches? Are they both identical?

Interact doesn't sell the Witcher orgional that I could see. But if I just buy Witcher Enhanced will I miss anything different in the Witcher Origional?

Thanks in advance to whomever answers these questions.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 05:51 AM

I partially answered you on the mods thread.
Quote:
The original and the enhanced really aren't that much different except that the loading times between scenes are much quicker on the enhanced (even going into a shop took a long time on the original). If you get the original, you'll need to be sure and patch it. If you get the enhanced retail version game, you don't have to patch it.

For the enhanced they did do some minor tweaking here and there, like adding some different character models and voices. Hagatha mentioned she saw a minor difference where you couldn't exploit an area for more points. But no, you're not going to miss anything by getting the enhanced instead of the original. The enhanced also comes with some goodies like a separate songtrack DVD and a novelette, plus two new mini-adventures. I didn't run into glitches with either version, but some people's experience may differ. There are so many choices you can make in the game, that no experience is necessarily like someone else's.

The difference in the UK (uncensored) version and the North American (censored) version of either the original or the enhanced : the uncensored version contains quite a bit of profanity and some nudity.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 07:41 AM

I have the Enhanced and pre-enhanced European versions.

Yes, there's nothing "taken away" really out of the enhanced, except for something minor like the monster spawning point that Hagatha mentioned, but monsters and plants etc. still respawn exactly the same in most areas in the enhanced version.

In the European version there is some female nudity depicting a nature creature which I personally don't find offensive (I do know what an adult female body looks like- as I do have a mirror), but some people like to shield their children from nudity, or feel easily embarassed by it, etc. - so those people need to be aware of that point.

I must admit that I find some of the profanity a bit over the top and grating at times ("realistic" depiction of slum areas, you know); so - if you are easily offended by coarse language, that is also something to keep in mind.

So, if you want everything possible included, you would get the European Enhanced version.
If you are offended either by female nudity and/or coarse language, but want everything besides that included in your game, then get the US Enhanced version. smile

Also, the enhanced version comes with about 8 different soundpacks, so you can play the game in quite a variety of languages, plus on the additional music CD there is music inspired by the game, which is over and above the normal soundtrack.

The loading times, as mentioned by other posters, is also much shorter in the enhanced version.

Personally, I find this a no-brainer. Get the enhanced version - either Us or European.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 01:17 PM

All of the above! The enhanced version is the only way to go unless you are sensitive to the issues Moondancer mentioned. The game is extremely re-playable, so is well worth the money.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 01:22 PM

I would also mention that the UK Enhanced version comes with a paper manual whereas the North American Enhanced version does not; this may not matter to you, but I much prefer having a manual that I can hold in my hands rather than reading off a file on the DVD. If this matters to you, be sure to get the Enhanced UK version.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 02:47 PM

Marian, that is the reason I went with the European version wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 03:12 PM

Hi - and wandering around in the swamp looking for the lost boy. Can anyone push me in the correct direction, please?

Also - has anyone found a walkthrough for the enhanced edition. Am using that for the first edition. Works reasonably well but there are times when nothing makes much sense.

Hey-Ho. Now heading for the kitchen wondering what to have for supper.

See Ya.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
I would also mention that the UK Enhanced version comes with a paper manual whereas the North American Enhanced version does not; this may not matter to you, but I much prefer having a manual that I can hold in my hands rather than reading off a file on the DVD. If this matters to you, be sure to get the Enhanced UK version.

You're positive about this? It just seems so strange that they would do that.

Threads, the enhanced and the original use the very same walkthrough - the only difference is the added two adventures you can do in the enhanced, but they don't appear in the course of your regular game. If you're in chapter 2 looking for the boy, he doesn't appear until chapter 3.
Click to reveal..
You'll find him in the cave in the swamp when you do the quest to kill the Salamandra that have taken the brickmakers

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 04:16 PM

My UK Enhanced version, came with 3 black booklets in glossy paper.
They are:

1) The Novellete: The Witcher by Sapkowski

2) The Game Manual - that explains the mechanics of the game and interface etc.:

3) A Game Guide, that you can use as a walkthrough if you don't mind spoilers.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 05:05 PM

Oh, help.
Moondancer those three books are in such small print I cannot read them.
Mentioned this earlier in the Thread. I print out all manuals and guide books of every game on A4 size paper. Unfortunately it apears impossible to do that with the Enhanced Edition. It prints out in exactly the same size and exactly the same colour as the Manual and Guide in the box. Managed it with the original game but not in the Enhance Edition. Just checked and have the books on the desk.

I think the game plays differently. There are places where they cut into a dialogue and produce a cut scene - the cut scene is making the choice of pathways for you, one doesnt get the chance to choose a different one.

This afternoon I was in the Druid Grove by the male Elf leader (can't remember his name - begins with Y) He gave me a quest to deliver a message to Vivaldi (?sp) and I know for a fact he is no longer around, he had been arrested and dragged off by guards - weird.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 06:43 PM

Threads - you need to go and bail Vivaldi out of jail. I almost think it is imperative that you do so for the main quest to continue. This will cost you some money, but then Vivaldi will give you something for free,(once he is free)that would have cost you even more money than his bail-money.

You can actually choose what you want to do with that letter from Yaevin.
You can either give it to the authorities if you choose to be on the order's side, or, if you are on the Elven rebels side, you can give the letter to Vivaldi once he is free (after you bailed him out by giving Jethro the jailer some cash.

I'm sorry to hear about you not being able to see the print - it is rather fine print, isn't it?
Have you tried to highlight the page you need to print and set it to B for Bold print? Often one can also set your print larger. (The size should should be shown as a number somewhere at the top of your page.)

Why don't you have a look and experiment a bit with that?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 06:58 PM

Ok, threads - I've just gone into my own on-disc manual, and fiddled around with it a bit. Unfortunately it does seem as if you cannot change the font size or anything like that while it is in PDF format for the Acrobat Reader.

You can zoom in onscreen, though, to make the print appear as large as you like on your screen (by clicking the little + in a small blue circle at the top of your page)

What you can also do, is to cut and paste the pages of your manual into a Word or notepad document, or whatever word -processor you may use.

So you can select the pages that you want to print, by highlighting them, R-click, cut and paste it into your Word document, where, of course, you can set the font to any type or size that you prefer.

You can even say select all, to select the entire document, R-click, cut and paste into Word.

I hope that helps a bit?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/23/08 10:50 PM

Thanks moondancer - does that help, Threads?
Remember how you play the game, your choices and in what order you accomplish things dramatically changes what happens in the game. That's why you may see a cut scene when you didn't before and things like that.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 09:52 AM

thanks wave to everyone that helped me decided which Witcher enhanced to buy. It appears UK wins because of game docs one on paper and one on DVD. Alot of money just for that difference alone but it is important to me. I am ordering it now. I have to admit the nudity doesn't bother me being a female I do know what one looks like. lol

However I hate vulgar language especially a word beginning with the 6th letter of the alphabet and also the word that starts with GOD. Can someone please relieve my mind and tell me that the UK
version doesn't have alot of those words in it?
Am I right and that is the kind of coarse language you are talking about?

Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 10:21 AM

Sherryah - Don't think I have come across many blasphamy words.
By the way my word processor is not Word - I use CorelWord Perfect. Wonder if that will make a difference.

Have never played on the dark side of any game. So to whom do I report the Elf Y.?

Must go - a taxi coming to take me to the chiropractor - Gosh, these days if it isn't one thing it's another. It's a miracle to even get to load the game lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 11:44 AM

I took Yaevin's letter to Vincent. He even gave me 25 orens for it! I'm forcing myself to go with the Order this time, although they are hard for me to stomach!

Sherryah, there are a few f-bombs, but I don't remember any blasphamy either. Most of it I would call "coarse" language. I don't mind any of it at all and it seems far more normal in the slums to me than the King's English, so to speak!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 02:18 PM

Dradvr - Queen's English, my dear, we haven't got a King lol

I'll take your advice and take the letter to Vincent. Intended to go to him anyway as I have a trophy for him.

Am so late back from my appointment I'm eating my supper as I type.

Will be back.
Alice

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: nickie
Originally Posted By: Marian

You're positive about this? It just seems so strange that they would do that.

Yes, I am positive. There's a thread on The Witcher forums devoted to this topic, as there were many unhappy people, after having purchased the North American version and having discovered that the manual was on the DVD. I have no idea why Atari did this. Someone suggested it had to do with considerations of shelf space, but that seems a bit weird to me because the bulk of the paper manual certainly wouldn't seem to make that much difference in the overall size of the package.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 04:01 PM

Thanks for the info Marian. So the game box itself is a slightly different size possibly? How strange - they look so similar unless you look at them closely I guess.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 04:15 PM

Here's the thread, nickie, that made me realize things were not identical between the UK and NA releases:

UK VERSUS NA

The first poster outlines his complaints. His "1 less printed book" complaint refers to there not being a paper manual (which became apparent as I continued to read this thread).

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 04:24 PM

Oh my. No wonder people are in an uproar, since what is pictured at some retailers is not what they receive, so confusing. Atari strikes again.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 10:32 PM

Please I am in need of your help. I want to order Witcher from Dave at Interact and I know I want the UK version because I need the manuals. So you have helped me make that decision. However this is the choices I am faced with and I want the enhanced Witcher but I am not sure if the 1st one on the list is the enchanced Witcher. So which one do I choose below?

Please respond ASAP because I need to place my order. I would have bought the version without the music if I had a choice instead of buying a version just to have all docs on paper and not the important stuff on the DVD. Atari is really making a profit at the highest price below for international.

Below are the choices
Witcher the import uncensored / CD project $49.95
Witcher The Enhanced Edition Import/ Atari $54.95
Witcher the enhanced Edition US /Atari $39.95

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
Please I am in need of your help. I want to order Witcher from Dave at Interact and I know I want the UK version because I need the manuals. So you have helped me make that decision. However this is the choices I am faced with and I want the enhanced Witcher but I am not sure if the 1st one on the list is the enchanced Witcher. So which one do I choose below?

Please respond ASAP because I need to place my order. I would have bought the version without the music if I had a choice instead of buying a version just to have all docs on paper and not the important stuff on the DVD. Atari is really making a profit at the highest price below for international.

Below are the choices
Witcher the import uncensored / CD project $49.95
Witcher The Enhanced Edition Import/ Atari $54.95
Witcher the enhanced Edition US /Atari $39.95

The one you want is the one in the middle, the Enhanced Edition Import for $54.95; the third one on the list is the North American Witcher Enhanced that doesn't have the paper manual, and the first one on the list is the original import edition that came out before the Enhanced Edition. So, the middle one, Witcher Enhanced Edition, is the one that you want; with that one, you will get everything, best edition, with all the patches and other extras that they have included--it will also be uncensored. This is also the one that I have. It's very nice indeed. smile

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/24/08 11:07 PM

wave thanks Marian, I almost ordered the wrong game. Really nice of you to respond so quick. I am going to order it now.

Hug from Ireland
Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/25/08 01:53 AM

You are most welcome! smile I'm playing the game right now; I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Be sure to let us know how it goes, and join in the discussion. happydance

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 03:00 AM

wave Oh gosh I am so glad I downloaded the demo and ordered the game Witcher enhanced. thumbsup

I have never played a game so beautiful. The graphics and animation, storyline and voices is like playing a movie. I was impressed with Sacred 2 but after getting a taste of this game I think it should win every reward. I Can't wait until my full version comes next week. yay

The only thing I hate is the title and being called a witcher. slapforehead The word witch just brings bad images to me in more than one way.

I have had enemies that are females and I have called them an old witch in anger. Now I am playing a game and the main character I play is called a witcher. oops karma just bit me in the tushie! rotfl

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 04:56 AM

There's always balance. grin Glad you had fun with the demo and hope you love the full game. Geralt (the white wolf) may have you forgetting that you didn't like the word. laugh

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 05:32 AM

Oh, yes. Something tells me Geralt will change your mind about being a witcher!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 08:14 AM

Well, I finished my third round of the game at level 49 -- all magics pretty much maxed out, exceptfor the Hex sign, which I didn't find very useful. This time through I tried not to use Igni all the time, instead using Quen and Axii, which is a great combination. At the highest levels of Quen you can cast nasty big Death Circles with Axii and still retain your Quen protection. At Level 5 Quen, monsters bounce off you and take damage, and if they bounce back onto one of your Axii circles, they take a tone of damage. I did the Koschkey and the last battle that way -- nothing but Quen and Axii.

I've loaded up The Price of Neutrality, and you start at level 20, with 7 Silver and 57 Bronze skill tokens to spend. Should be fun, even if it is short.

Edit: Apologies -- I used Quen and Yrden, not Quen and Axii. Yrden gives you the spikes. Axii is the less useful Hex symbol.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 10:14 AM

I am playing the reverend quest where I am to light the eternal flames. I am waiting until dark to do it now. However I was sure that he already gave me the eternal flame ring to show Odus if I remember his name correct. However in looking through my inventory I cannot find the ring!

I am sure I didn't drop the ring, could someone please tell me where the ring could be? It is not in my sachel. I went to show it to one of the guys that reverend mentioned and it isn't showing up. What do I do now?

Also how do I create potions? I have gathered ingredients and yet have nothing to put them in. There are no directions how to do this on the demo that I can find.

I also am carrying so much food that it fills nearly the entire inventory. I Stored some at the inn, but how much food should I be carrying? What is the best food to carry?

I am dumping books after I read them is that ok?

Thanks for whoever answers each of these questions.

Sherryah

I have to say I love this guys voice!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 10:17 AM

Very cool, Hagatha! I was curious how effective those signs would be.

Sherryah, I haven't played the demo so would have to check if that is a glitch in it. I would suggest you go back to the Reverend and run through the dialogue choices to see if the ring appears in your inventory. When you are asked about the ring, in the full game there is a picture option when you are talking that you can select that automatically shows the ring to the other party. I can't remember if you had to equip it first.

I don't know if the demo allows you to make the potions or not. To make the potions in the game, you have to meditate, and then click on the potions icon in the upper right corner of your screen (looks like a bottle).It only appears in the meditation screen. You then see a selection of what you are able to make, and when it is highlighted, you click the mix icon, and it is done automatically for you. The time it takes to make them will be added to the hourglass, and you must meditate that long. There's no pot or anything you have to find or acquire to mix them.

To meditate, you have to select that option when you're in dialogue with someone to use their house, or out in the wilds you can use a campfire. You learn how to do more potions by getting them as rewards or buying the scroll on how to make them.

You can get rid of the books as soon as you read them - If I've bought them, I read them while still in the purchase screen and then just sell them back where I bought them. You can also find or steal a lot of them throughout the game world.

The food really doesn't do much for what you need, but it's good in a pinch to move the bars up a tiny bit. The fish seemed to be good, but otherwise poor Geralt had to eat enough for twelve to get the bars much higher. I keep a few things to eat in inventory, but not a lot. Also, sometimes a bit of food can be given to NPCs in exchange for something you need, like information.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 10:57 AM

thanks wave Nickie it is very kind of you to answer each of my questions. I will go back to my save game and check out what happened with Reverend and the ring.

I am thinking the demo is such a large demo most likely I can do all the quests of Rev. and of all the people he said to contact. At least that is the way it was in Sacred 2.

By the way the music is beautiful in the game. Usually I don't care about that part.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 11:05 AM

Sherryah, If you cannot get the Reverend dialogue to run your way (I TRY to remember to save the game before a tricky dialogue) then if you have a Gull potion (buy one from the waitress at the Inn) find the correct elderly washerwoman in the tiny cluster of houses before reaching the church. The one you want will start to talk about her son who is dying and needs something to ease the pain so he can die peacefully. Give her the Gull Potion. She will reward you with the Ring she stole from the Reverend.
Don't store your loads of food - eat it to restore your vitality. I keep a sandwich or two in my inventory - if I want to pick up something important and told there is no more room, then I eat the sandwiches.
When I buy books I try to read them and sell them straight back to the seller but don't do that until you have scrolled down the book and hit the button which puts it in your glossary.
Try to keep a lot of bottles of top grade wine in the inventory - potons are only made with the strongest wine - no medium stuff.
For making bombs and one or two other things a jar or two of suet in the inventory comes in handy.
Hope all this is clear, not making you more puzzled.
lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 01:50 PM

Thank you so much Threads. Yes it does make sense you explained it beautifully. The full version will be here next week sometime and I really am looking forward to playing this more than any other game thus far. The demo is over it only let me do a few quests and ended up with lighting the eternal lights and escorting Vesper back home.

That woman really ticked me off she died 4 times before I could get her home safely. She walks so slow I wanted to hit her with Geralds sword to get her to move faster so she wouldn't get killed. I kept having to reload a save game until she lived to get home.

She was wounded because she insisted on fighting, and I didn't know how to heal her. Isn't there a way we can heal others? I still had a swallow potion but it didn't give me an option to use it for others.

Do alot of people die trying to get her home safely? I even thought I would outsmart the game and take a detour into Abigails house and wait until morning with Vesper. But the door opened and Vesper stayed outside and died on Gearld again. Oh that waitress is exasperating. However I know the inn needs a waitress so I kept reloading until I got her safely home. Even had to kill a ghoul to do that and was surrounded by all those bandits.

I thought the demo would be longer like Sacred 2 that gave me 2 days worth of fun but this only gave me a few hours of fun in the demo. However I really did enjoy myself and that is what counts. I am going to read all of your threads pertaining to the game so I can be prepared. thanks again for your advice.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 02:58 PM

Sherryah - I print out this thread every so often so I can refer to it without shutting down the game.

Now I need some help - am getting frustrated.
1/ The detective, whenever I return to his house, keeps telling me to get more evidence on Vincent. Can't talk him into looking at any other suspects.
2/ How can I trigger off the hospital prisoner sequence. Shani has suggested she wants to help at the hospital, but nothing comes of that.

lol after searching all over town for Seigfried without success, I went to the swamps and ran into him camped below the Druid Settlement - by the way, I have the Seraph for their thingie but my game would not allow me to light it. Seigfried (the wimp) is unable to lead his men as he has a thorn in his foot. Wants to make me Captain of his troops - have avoided that for the moment.

Wish the producers of this game would make a strategy guide. The only things to which I have access are the papers about the old Witcher.

Oh well - must go and find something for supper.

Be back - some time lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 03:26 PM

I think the demo gives you just enough of Geralt to get you addicted!

I got Vespa to her grandmother's house only once. The other times, she insisted on getting into the fight and got killed. And no, you can't revive others with your potions. Another waitress will appear if Vespa gets killed.

And make sure you do as THreads suggested and sell the books back to an antiquary or bookseller so you can at least get some money for them.

And yup, stock up on high grade liquor to make potions.

I agree, Geralt has the sexiest voice!

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 03:33 PM

Threads, they did make a strategy guide, and it is included with the enhanced UK edition. However, it's not as helpful as the one at gamebanshee HERE. It's the same as the original, it is just that you've made choices in the game that is making your game story go the way it is. Look at the clues for Vizima Confidential quest and Anatomy of a Crime quest. Talk to everyone that could be a suspect. I can't recall the specific trigger for the way you've taken in the game, I think it might have been talking to Ramsmeat, but not sure on that one, since there are so many variables. Talk to the gravedigger, Kalkstein, Ramsmeat, Vivaldi, Thaler, Leuvaarden, Vincent and Jethro the jailer. Be sure and look at your quest log, and click on those specific quests and enable the map - it should show you what you need to do next.

Sherryah, one of the beauties of the game is that it doesn't play the same twice, due to choices you make in things you do, dialogue you pick, etc. It makes the game wonderful for several plays because of that. Something as seemingly unimportant as talking to somebody on the street can make a change later in the game.

No, there are only a couple of optional quests where you need to escort someone. If the character is important to the game they won't die - they may get knocked down, but if you survive, they'll get back up. I can only recall the waitress one, and the Gramps one in the swamp. I guess the waitress thing was just included for purposes of the demo, as in the game you do it at a different time if you wish to take that quest.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr

I got Vespa to her grandmother's house only once. The other times, she insisted on getting into the fight and got killed. And no, you can't revive others with your potions. Another waitress will appear if Vespa gets killed.

She died on me the very first time I tried to get her to her grandmother's house. I was so clueless that I thought she would fend for herself and that I wouldn't have to defend her. Basically I thought I was just providing company along the way. grin oops

I never did try again. blush

I think the next thing I will do is sell all those books that I am carting around in my inventory. slapforehead

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 05:02 PM

Oh boy - I appear to be jinxed at the moment. Nickie I followed the link you gave me to GameBanshee and could not make anything work. So left the thread and signed in on GameBanshee. Got the w/t up but whatever I try to print just prints the map for that area with all the numbers - then follows page after page of blank pape. No information at all.

Well, must quit - the UK changed to GMT last night but Mr. P still thinks the time is BST.

Must say goodnight - no idea about tomorrow, a nurse should be coming but it hasn't been confirmed or a time given. Hope it's not another lost day.

Be back - hope before Christmas.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 06:04 PM

Alice, here is a direct link on gamebanshee to the quest "Anatomy of a Crime". Hope that makes it easier. Oh, and gamebanshee says that their walkthrough is updated to include any changes made for the enhanced edition. So, maybe you were right and me wrong about changes - but I haven't seen any affect quests.
Hope all works out for you and we see you again shortly.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 08:03 PM

Oh Me, Oh My !!

I've been trying to save my lovely new Enhanced Witcher till after I've finished Morrowind but being totally unable to stop myself reading all these posts I think I'm losing the battle lol

[How disgustingly weak willed is THAT !!!! shame]

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 08:41 PM

Wa ha ha ha ha

It's an evil conspiracy :ghost:

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 08:43 PM

Threads, I had trouble with Chapter Two as well, the first time I played, and I got stuck about where you are. I had accused various people, including Vincent and Thaler, and they were not impressed with me. I seem to remember that the way to get unstuck was to go to Shani's party -- for some reason that triggered a whole new set of things to do. So I had to go to her house at night, get past Grandma, and talk to Shani there.

Anyway, ignore Raymond for the time being, and just concentrate on the other quests. Things will get moving again. One note: I wouldn't agree to help Siegfried in the swamp just yet. You don't want to make that decision until later in the chapter, when you've had a chance to talk to the lovely Yaevin.

To escort the waitress to her home the easiest way, stay close to the fence along the left. You can even duck behind houses. And go slowly, allowing her to catch up with you frequently. Don't let her get too far behind or you'll find her dashing off with her little dagger. You can avoid at least two of the Barhest mobs this way.

The expansion adventure is very hard, I've discovered. I had to restart it in Medium mode; at level 20 some of the monsters you find are too difficult (giant centipedes, for example, and packs of wolves). I think I spread out my skill too thinly, so on restarting I've concentrated only on Aard and Igni, with a level 2 in Yrden just for a bit of safety. I'll try it again later with the other spells. Since I don't know how many times I'll level up, the starting choices are crucial and there's no room for mistakes at high difficulty. The game area is lovely, if small.

By the way, in my post above about the end game, I made a mistake, got my signs mixed up. I was using Yrden and Quen, not Quen and Axii. Axii is the Hex sign, which I found out is not very useful. But Quen gives you that nice bubble of safety, and at high levels it's also an offensive spell. Cool. And Yrden gives you those nice spikes -- at the highest level, it allows you to set a spike "bomb" that spreads out all the way around Geralt, affecting enemies that are quite far away.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 09:27 PM

looney4labs !! All I can say to that is :ghost: right back !!

rotfl

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/26/08 11:08 PM

rotfl wave Hi Mad, its always good to have one more to come and join in this Gerait addiction. I am counting down the hours until the full version arrives.

thanks to everyone that responded to my question about Vesper Hood and other needed to know info. Very kind of you and I send big hugs from Ireland.

Really strange the game designers don't let us heal others. I always play a character according to my personality and just couldn't leave Vesper Hood. The worst part I felt like she was trying to get us killed by walking so slow.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 12:29 AM

Healing others really doesn't come in to play much in the big game - you'll see. With two major exceptions - to heal or to kill. With those two exceptions you'll have the means to do either. Lots and lots of lovely choices in the game.

Mad, the lure is just too strong! Geralt bait! lol :ghost:

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 02:27 AM

Geralt bait! Now that's just the best description! lol

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 05:45 AM

Geralt bait, huh ??

Having taken the bait months ago and played the original version the minute it came out, it's totally reprehensible that I should take it again lol
[Ooooh, I just found this little green zombie chap and love him !! zombie]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 12:02 PM

Back again (nurse not coming until Thursday!)
Nickie I spent a long time trying to print out the GameBanshee
w/t. The maps printed out but the descriptions for the maps were blank paper - except for the black side lines. duh
Have just used your link and exactly the same thing happens.
Usually GameBanshee w/t's print out perfectly when I send them to my desk top and print from there. Not this time, oh no.

Have telephoned the local stationers who enlarged and printed out the user manual for my handheld. So have telephoned them this morning and they are willing to enlarge both the manual and game guide which came with the Enhanced Witcher. A friend will take the books to the stationers tomorrow. Altogether about two hundred pages but still worth it when I think of the paper and ink that's been spoiled since yesterday.

Have to pop off to give Mr. P his noon sweetie.

Be back

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 02:57 PM

Perhaps you can have one of the tech guys there help adjust the printing for the future when they're there to update or whatever for you. Sorry you had a problem, you don't need the additional problems for sure. Nurse not coming until Thursday! Will you be ok, perhaps David can come by?

Mad, I'm just laughing because I'm playing this for the fourth time! lol fall These graemlins are adorable.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 03:43 PM

Nickie - David is coming in the morning for my usual therapy, then he, I hope, will sort out a pile of up-dates to be done on the computer. Busy day. Mobile library coming, and a load of laundry to be done - my day for that, at my speed lol

Wednesday my help is here and she will be taking me shopping - long shopping list this week. I'll be shattered by the time she leaves at 4pm.

Might see you before Christmas rotfl

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 11:10 PM

Hope not that long Threads! Take care of yourself and game when you can - we'll be here. :ghost:

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/27/08 11:29 PM

Alice, you're not the only one who has trouble with the manuals with the itty, bitty print! Plus, it's usually on colored background that makes it even harder for older eyes to read.

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/28/08 02:30 AM

I know. Those manuals are impossible. What we need is a senior's version, with big print. grin

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/28/08 02:57 AM

Hagatha, I keep forgetting to ask you something. When you say you are at level 36 or some such number, where are you getting it? I'm on my third trip through the game and I've seen no reference to a level number, just the progression in Novice Witcher, Rising Witcher etc. Am I missing something?

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/28/08 05:03 AM

If you run your mouse carefully over the very top of the Witcher medallion on the top left of your screen, it will tell you what level you're at and how many points you need to get to the next level.

Also, when you go into the character skills screen (the one you get when you level up and rest) you'll see a line of ten dots at the top. Each time you level up another one of the dots lights up. Each ten dots represents a Witcher Progression ( I think they're Novice Witcher, Rising Witcher, Seasoned Witcher, Master Witcher).

Re: Witcher Enhanced Help Needed (Possible Spoilers)!!! - 10/28/08 05:13 AM

Reached our page limit on this one, feel free to start a new Witcher thread.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community