GB HOMEPAGE

The Witcher Enhanced Edition (Possible Spoilers)

Posted By: Templeton Peck

The Witcher Enhanced Edition (Possible Spoilers) - 01/11/09 08:42 PM

Let's keep the discussion going.

I've been wondering, when you get offered some choices for completing quests later on, is there any real value to some of the choices?

The Hermit offers you a hut for example, or you can get healed by the Nymph. Is there any value out of either of those options?

At this point I have more Orens than I know what to do with really, so I'm looking at different options.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 12:34 AM

The Hermit offers you a hut, but there's a better choice to make from a quest-related perspective.

The Nymph's choices weren't all that great, and I don't recall that they had an impact on any quest.
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 02:22 AM

One of the choices from the hermit is a wreath thingee, which allows you to complete another quest for points.

From the gal - the drowner repellant that you get is nice because the drowners are worth so few points and they swarm you in chapter five, but I guess you get that no matter what your other choice is. I think a rune was one of the choices, and I took that. Yeah, Hagatha's right - there's just the quest she gives you to do initially.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 03:09 AM

Oh, right -- I forgot about the drowner repellant.

But by the end of the game drowners are so weak you can deep fry them with one Level four or five Igni. As an added attraction, since the Drowners are usually accompanied by multiple Bloatzingers, you can set off a chain reaction of small explosions with your trusty Igni spell. Blooey! grin
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 03:54 AM

Oh, that was ever so much fun when surrounded by drowners and Bloedzingers!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 06:28 AM

lol As amusing as I thought it was at first playing with fire, the umpteenth time I went around that part of the crypt swamp ( I got good and lost), I decided to try out the repellant. Then it was funny all over again watching the drowners start to come toward me and then zoom off.
Posted By: Smiley456

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 04:00 PM

How do I uncover what kind of herbs it is by the hospital wall? (Chapter 2) And is it wise to save enough money to buy the armor from the blacksmith for 5000 or is it just a waste of money?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 04:33 PM

If there's no identifier on the plants, it means you need to read an appropriate book on them (or in some cases you can do a quest that gives you the same knowledge).
As far as the armor goes - some people really like it, some don't bother. Just depends on how you play I guess. If it hadn't been so darn expensive I probably would have, but it isn't necessary (unless you find yourself unable to win fights of course).

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 08:55 PM

Hopefully the Druids have the book. Just got back to Vizima after defeating the stone golem with my new sword bravo
But I think that I won't bother buying the armor this time.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/12/09 09:24 PM

I found the armor worth buying myself. You can always buy it in the next chapter as well I believe.

I'm playing on normal difficulty.

I find that I have more money than I can spend now anyways, enough to buy it again if I needed too.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/13/09 12:02 AM

Me, too. I was having a hard time on Wyvern Island until I got the armor. When I went back, I sliced through them like butter!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/13/09 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Smiley456
Hopefully the Druids have the book. Just got back to Vizima after defeating the stone golem with my new sword bravo
But I think that I won't bother buying the armor this time.

The Antiquarian didn't have the book?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 03:06 AM

One advantage to getting better armour througout the game is that you get more quickslots for potions. I like having both Swallow and Tawny Owls stacked there ready to go.
Posted By: maggie57

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 05:00 AM

Hi- grin

I need a little help, my game is saying I have to update, I would like to update to 1.4.5.1280 does anyone know of a simple link for this, I am not finding the links simple at the gamesite and prefer them.

Thanks so much.

maggie think wave hardwall
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 02:43 PM

maggie, did you just buy this game or are you trying to update an older one?

Edit: Maggie, I went back to an older thread and on that thread Milee said
Quote:
The version you have (1.4.5.1280) is the boxed and the downloaded version for previous owners (that I have) is 1.4.5.1282. You don't need the other update, your game just thinks it does

I have the boxed enhanced and though the "update" blinks at me during start up, I just ignore it and play. wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: nickie

He probably did, but had some quest to do in the swamps anyway so I figured buying it from the Druids grin

But chapter III is really annoying, specially with the Graveir Contract, and the Medic in Distress quests.

Since I'm having problems finding any Graveir in the cemetary, and it's frustrating to look for the "distressed nurse" mad

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 08:45 PM

He probably did, but had some quest to do in the swamps anyway so I figured buying it from the Druids grin

But chapter III is really annoying, specially with the Graveir Contract, and the Medic in Distress quests.

Since I'm having problems finding any Graveir in the cemetary, and it's frustrating to look for the "distressed nurse" mad

You can also find Graveir in the crypt within the cemetery.

The nurse only appears at the hospital (outside it) at noon each day. She won't appear until after you've gone to Shani's party though.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 09:21 PM

I only find a lot of Ghouls, Fleder and 2 - 3 Alghouls in that crypt. I'll check the sewers, there's supposed to be a crypt there.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 10:12 PM

L4L grin

No I have had the game since it came out, I want to update it to 1.4.5.1280 and that is what I need a link for. By the way, I fully read your thread. Why does the game keep saying it needs an update and do you know where on the game you can find what version you have??? I turned mine on, looked all over and cannot find it.

Sorry for being a pest

maggie think wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/14/09 10:19 PM

Smiley, I don't know if you can get in the crypt in the sewer until you receive certain info, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Maggie, I don't know how to find your version. I loaded mine today to look for you. It's usually in the "about" but I'm not finding that.

Did you try the publisher's website for the patch?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 01:48 AM

L4L- grin

I think I am going to take it off, since I downloaded a smaller patch and put it on, wish I was better at this. I will let you know how it goes.I will put on the boxed version of wither enhanced and it should be updated, looks like I messed it up again.

maggie hardwall headscratch wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 02:20 AM

Maggie, that is what I have and yes, it is already patched. It's like pushing the Easy button puppy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 02:36 AM

L4L thumbsup

Yes, you are right, got it back on, thanks so much, I will never update again on this game. Our Cox Cable in this area has problems, so we are having them. An Easy Button would be great.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 04:41 AM

I only find a lot of Ghouls, Fleder and 2 - 3 Alghouls in that crypt. I'll check the sewers, there's supposed to be a crypt there.

Try going to the cemetery at a different time of day, meditate until midnight and then go. The time of day can affect what you face in a given area in terms of enemies.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 04:46 AM

Resting at the firepit near the fallen tower in the Swamp may also get you some Graveirs.

I'm also pretty sure this is one of the contracts that carries over into later Chapters.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 05:23 AM

Smiley456- grin

You will find the "distressed nurse" outside of the hospital in the garden right by the hospital, at least that is where I found her.

Good Luck

maggie wave yay
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 04:10 PM

But you'll only find her there between Noon and 1pm grin

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 07:23 PM

I finally finished both quests, but the crypt in the sewers was the best place (4 Graveirs) grin

I'm now in chapter 4 but how long does it take until the Vodyanoi priest is back at the altar?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/15/09 08:08 PM

If I remember you have several things you have to do before he will be there. Just do what you have to do and he will appear one day.

maggie wave

Mad- Yes the time is right, could not remember, except I met her outside. Thanks

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 05:22 AM

The Vodyanoi priest appears
Click to reveal..
at midnight

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 04:16 PM

Well.... I've made a lot of progress, I collected the reward for the evil Vodyanoi priest. But when I kill the monster in the crypt in the fields I don't get a head at all frown

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 08:07 PM

Did you make sure to loot the body?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 09:07 PM

Yeah, but no head at all. I even did an extra check with the walkthrough at Gamebanshee to be sure that it was the correct monster.
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 09:54 PM

This happened to me once and I figured out that you can only hold one trophy at a time. So if you have the priest in inventory and haven't collected the reward then you can't pick up the second trophy. I don't know if it will still be there to pick up after you claim the reward for the first trophy or not but you can try.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/16/09 09:56 PM

Oldman, I found the same thing. The wolf head was still there when I went back to get it wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/19/09 10:49 PM

Well I finished the game finally.

The ending was kind of on the lower side of my expectations. Although, I can't recall too many games that have had really satisfying endings from my perspective.

After all the build up, it's hard to impress me.

The journey is its own reward.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/20/09 02:36 AM

I like the ending well enough. There were some questions that remained unanswered, which I liked, and some that were answered. But it wasn't a huge ending in terms of an all-out battle. It was more like the ending to a story, an inevitable conclusion, and in that way it succeeds.

I still think the ending to Planescape Torment is the best, from a story-telling perspective.
Posted By: H4XX0RZ

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 02:19 AM

Does it really up your survivability that drastically, though? I mean, for 5k Orens it better.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 04:33 AM

H4, I thought it was well-worth the 5K Orens myself. Besides, later in the game I had more orens than I knew what to do with!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 07:30 AM

Back to the armour -- yes, it really helps. I buy it as early as I can in the game without compromising my ability to buy books.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 06:36 PM

A question about using talents---I can't seem to activate a level 2 skill for Aard even though I have the requirements, student level and a bronze talent. I have activated level 2 in other skills.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 08:49 PM

Do you have the apprentice skill activated on level 2, or is that what you're saying won't activate? Sometimes you have to reach a certain level in intelligence, could that be it?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 09:05 PM

Yes, Nickie, you are right. I was just going to say I finally found the answer. I need more intelligence. I hadn't seen that requirement before. Thanks for your quick response.
Posted By: H4XX0RZ

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 11:25 PM

What are the best things to put talents into if I just want to beat the tar out of things with my swords?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/21/09 11:38 PM

You sound like me, H4! Of course, the obvious like strength, endurance and agility and your silver and steel sword skills. However, you also want to build up some of the magic skills like Aard and Igni etc. They will be invaluable. And you want to be able to make potions and recognize the ingredients to make them. So there are talents to spend on intelligence and other things.

You can't get through this game on sword skills alone. Wait until you meet the Archeospore in the swamp!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/22/09 03:11 AM

I would say that maxing out all of the primary statistics is very important for a fighter-type -- even the less obvious ones -- and naturally the sword skills are highly important. If you read the descriptions of some of the higher level primary stats, you can see how important they will be as the game progresses.

I also wouldn't think of playing this game without having the ability to make oils; those can make or break a tough fight. Some of them are just plain evil! evil I don't spend a dime on weapons in this game. I just use my plain swords plus oils until a better weapon drops into my lap.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/22/09 04:07 AM

Oh, yes, the oils are a great help. And Diamond Dust will do great in a pinch too.
Posted By: oldfeeble

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/22/09 02:51 PM

A question about the Enhanced Edition - this may have already been discussed and I just missed it:

If I have the "original" Witcher game, can I download the Enhanced version for free somewhere to get the improvements and the two "expansions"? Or do I need to purchase the game new?

It sounds like folks are really enjoying playing this game, some for the second or third time....

Thanks, Oldfeeble

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/22/09 03:08 PM

Oldfeeble, you can download all the new content and patches for free which is a great example of putting customers first. luck

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/22/09 03:34 PM

If you haven't registered the game, you'll need to do that first. Here's the FAQ on that.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/23/09 05:31 AM

Hi- grin

In The Witcher Enhanced I did not kill the Wherewolf (spelling is wrong I think) will it change the game alot and will I see
Click to reveal..
Vincent later in the game?
headscratchThe reason why I am asking, in the original game I had always killed it. Just finished off the Queen Kikimore, even with potions with this game she is a hard one to kill.

Thanks for any information.

maggie think headscratch wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/23/09 06:40 AM

Yes you will Maggie. In fact can gain a quest having to do with letting the werewolf live.
You get this quest
Click to reveal..
from Carmen in the swamp

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/23/09 06:58 PM

Nickie- thumbsup

I forgot all about the spoiler I should use. I have one quest from her, she was in the swamp, I think that is it, but it will be nice to see the other again.
Click to reveal..
Vincent I mean

maggie wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/24/09 06:59 AM

And here I thought your heart belonged to Geralt. lol (Just kidding Maggie, no throwing things!)

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/25/09 01:29 AM

Nickie- lol

Watch out, my shoes are headed your way>>>>>>>>>>> rotfl rotfl I am so glad to have Geralt back................HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

maggie oops wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/25/09 01:48 AM

rotfl Throw Brownies,not shoes!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/25/09 03:47 AM

Nickie- thumbsup

You remember my baking, have been doing lots of it this winter. And the brownies taste so much better than my shoes. rotfl

Take care

maggie wave
Posted By: popcorneater

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/27/09 04:52 PM

Just ordered the enhanced edition hoping it will help me get into the game more than I could. I love the story line, but seemed like a lot of bugs and the load screen time was horrible for me..can't wait til it gets here
And may I say hello to all...hey there Nickie

Popcorn
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/27/09 05:44 PM

Hi there! It's great to see you! smile

You will find that the load times are much better with the enhanced edition; I have played both versions and can say this for a fact. thumbsup
Posted By: luv2travel

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/27/09 06:03 PM

Hi Popcorn! So great to see you posting!
I'm in chapter 2 and really enjoying it. First time playing this game for me. You'll enjoy it, I think!
Andrea wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 02:27 AM

Hi Popcorn! wave Really great to see you here! kissy I echo Marian - the enhanced plays beautifully for me. I like the change in the alchemy part too, much easier to tell what you need for the potions. I so hope you enjoy it - and I'm ready to fire it up again. lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 02:35 AM

Hi Popcorn wavegreat to see you hear. Watch out for Nickie, she has a crush on Geralt. Now Nickie, no shoes please. oops rotfl I have to say that the enhanced version is much better and you will not be sorry.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 02:41 AM

When you least expect it Maggie, my slippers are going to fly! evil But I know I'm not alone with that crush, now am I? rotfl
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 03:04 AM

*trail ducks as a slipper goes flying by* scared

Hi Popcorn, nice to see you on the boards wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 03:09 AM

Nickie- thumbsup

No, you are right on that. Amazing how good looking he is. I am thrilled to see Popcorn on the board again. Trail, duck your head, I think those slippers are on their way to me. rotfl

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 01/28/09 04:44 AM

Hi Popcorn!

You're going to love Witcher now that you have the Enhanced version. It's a great game, very original.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/02/09 09:50 PM

Hi- thumbsup

I just finished The Witcher Enhanced for the first time, I am going back and play it again, the game draws you.

Has anyone figured out who the
Click to reveal..
guy who trys to kill the King at the end is with the mask that Geralt kills? By the way did you see the specs for that sword the Lady of the Lake gave him, it sure is high

Thanks so much

maggie wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/03/09 04:36 AM

I have some ideas about who that is at the end of the game, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. He's obviously a Witcher, so there must be a Keep somewhere else where Witchers are secretly being trained. Hopefully that means there will be a Witcher 2.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/03/09 05:25 AM

hagatha- thumbsup

I am positive there is going to be a Witcher 2, by a sentence Dandilion says at the end.
Click to reveal..
In the swamp at the end lots and lots of monsters by the way, but I do not want to say sentence for many who have not finished it

So you think there is a Keep, well at the beginning of the game I think another place was mentioned. You know I look at the guy and he does not look familiar at all.

maggie wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/03/09 06:20 AM

At the beginning of the game, the other Witchers do go off in different directions, and you don't really get a chance to get to know them all very well before everyone splits up. So I'm guessing that at least one of them was up to something.

Posted By: Moondancer

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/03/09 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: maggie57
Nickie- thumbsup

No, you are right on that. Amazing how good looking he is. I am thrilled to see Popcorn on the board again. Trail, duck your head, I think those slippers are on their way to me. rotfl

maggie wave

If you think Geralt is good-looking in the game, you should see him in the Polish television series! eek

A good friend from overseas recorded some episodes with English subtitles and sent me a collection of about 12 episodes.
Only watched 1 to 2 episodes by now, but it's good stuff, although the translation could have been done a bit better.

I really hope the series will be translated to English/dubbed properly and screened more extensively in English -speaking countries. puppy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/03/09 09:31 PM

Hi grin

Click to reveal..
I had started one of the smaller games we got, the one with Dandilion in jail, but when it goes to update his signs and all, the page will not come off???
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

maggie help hardwall

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/05/09 12:17 PM

Hi grin

Click to reveal..
I had started one of the smaller games we got, the one with Dandilion in jail, but when it goes to update his signs and all, the page will not come off???
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

maggie help hardwall

Click to reveal..
Do you mean right in the beginning, there, Maggie, when Geralt is still standing in jail? You have to allocate the two bronze talents first.

I think the only fields where you still have bronze slots left to fill, is intelligence and strength, and maybe one or two others. Just go through all your attributes on the top left of the page, to find slots that you can still allocate bronze talents to.

The herb-gathering, and monster-organ harvesting are good, and I'm finding the fistfight power-up useful, as one of the guys you have to fight is quite strong.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/05/09 02:43 PM

I think Maggie is talking about one of the add on adventures. I haven't played them yet.
Interesting about the tv series, Moondancer - hope you enjoy them!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/05/09 05:54 PM

I think Maggie is talking about one of the add on adventures. I haven't played them yet.
Interesting about the tv series, Moondancer - hope you enjoy them!

Yes, it looks like the second add-on adventure. One gets to distribute some talents at the beginning of the adventure, and one has to choose carefully where you put them!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/05/09 06:24 PM

Moondancer-

it is one of the small games. When you distrubte (spelling) talents, the page will not come off at all. I have to close down the computer and keep trying, it does not happen with the other game.

maggie

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/06/09 09:05 AM

Moondancer-

it is one of the small games. When you distrubte (spelling) talents, the page will not come off at all. I have to close down the computer and keep trying, it does not happen with the other game.

maggie

Maggie, I had presumed you were talking about the "extra content" adventure called "Side Effects?"

Yes, I have played and completed this adventure.

It starts off with a long video which starts off in the Inn with Dandelion first telling about what happened, and then it takes you back to the the events, with Dandelion having been thrown into jail, and Geralt comes to see him in prison.

As soon as the conversation between Geralt and Dandelion finishes, you are thrown into the screen that you normally go into when meditating, when you want to distrubute some talents to skills and attributes.
I restarted it now, to see what happens if I start the adventure in "easy" mode with point and click, and it is similar to what happens when you start the adventure in "medium" mode with OTS mode.

Sure, you cannot exit the screen before you have allocated your two (in easy mode - it might have been three in medium mode) bronze talents to the skills still available. But I was able to close the screen as soon as I had allocated my bronze talents to the still available skill slots. (Most of them have been filled already).

I personally found the "all moves available when fistfighting" under "dexterity" and the "monster lore" available under intelligence, the most useful for my purposes.

There are still other skills available, though:
'True Grit' and 'Brawl' under Strength;
'Heavyweight' under Stamina;
and 'Herbalism' under Intelligence.

Unfortunately, yes, it is true that you must choose and allocate your talents before you can close the window/screen; so choose carefully Maggie!

If it will not close for you by clicking on the X in the circle top middle-right of the screen, (after you had distributed your talents ) maybe your game has become corrupted somehow? Which, if the case, should be fixed by an uninstall and re-install)
It worked perfectly for me every time I started it up, and I restarted it now again, to make sure that I was not telling you fairy tales.

I hope it comes right for you.
Good luck and enjoy. luck

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/06/09 05:23 PM

Thanks Moondancer!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/07/09 12:49 AM

Moondancer praise praise praise

Thanks so much, will try that and let you know. Thanks so much for your help.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/07/09 08:15 PM

Moondancer- grin

Sorry to double dip, but I wanted to get this information to you. We could not get the game to start after using two bronze, so we used more, still could not. I took the game off and tried again,(by the way, after taking game off I closed down computer and rebooted) I used in bronze brawl and herbalism, it would not go off, so we added a third, fisffighting. I cannot use True Grit as I do not have a Mutegan.
We are plain stuck. I know there is nothing wrong with the game, but I will be darned if it will work. Funny thing is the other one works fine, by the way using .

So I am still stuck up a tree as they say???????

Thanks

maggie hardwall help wave

I got it working with Herbalism and Monsters, boy that is tricky for this game.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/08/09 11:24 AM

Maggie, the main thing you need to do in this adventure, is to make as much money as possible, in as short a period of time as possible.

As you get quite a bit of cash for monster parts, that is not such a bad choice; but be prepared to run away quite a bit, unless you chose "easy" difficulty. I found myself quite weak in this adventure, and liable to get killed.

Please tell me which settings you prefer, I know you prefer point-and -click, so I did test it on that, re the info in my previous post. I'm going to assume you would take my advice on the "easy" setting, and test it for you on "easy" and "point-and-click", and see what combo's I can come up with.

Quite a lot of your money-making opportunities in this adventure, relies on fist-fighting, and I'm not a pro with that, so I found one or two of the harder opponents pretty hard to beat;- I was leveled with the ground a few times; - so a fistfighting upgrade might be a good idea, unless you manage to completely avoid the fistfighting by taking a longer, more tedious moneymaking route, and/or unless you are pretty good at dice.

Other opportunities rely on drinking contests, but if you stick to drinking only weak alcohol (beer), you should be all right even without an alcohol upgrade. You also start out with a recipe for "Wives Tears" a potion that completely removes any alcohol intoxication, so that is a great help with that.

Anyway, let me go test the adventure on the abovementioned settings, and see what I come up with.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/08/09 09:00 PM

Moondancer- thumbsup

I am on easy and also on point and click. I am going to see if I can go into the cellers and kill some drowners, not sure if I can.
I was so tickled when the game finally worked last night, after my days of trying it. I did Monster Lore and Herbalism, and the game worked right away. I will go to the Hairy Bear and do some fistfighting and I want to get some potions.
If it had not been for your effort to help me, I don't think I would of gotten it. So thank you very much for your time.

Take care and have a great Sunday, we had lots of rain here last night.

maggie wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/09/09 01:07 PM

Hi, Maggie,
You can't access the sewers directly from the jailhouse, but once you exit from jail, you will immediately get some direction on what to do next. Also talk to bystanders in general, as a few of them also show you ways to make money.

I hope you'll be happy with Monster Lore and Herbalism. Actually, you could use those to make potions and sell them. Walk around town a bit, and enter a building or two - you will find people who will buy goods off you. One of these people buys potions, and ingredients, and another one herbs.

I bought some cherry cordial which cost me 30 gold each, and then I'd make a few potions with the ingredients I had harvested, and then I'd sell them again 90 gold each.

On medium difficulty I found I needed to keep some Swallow and Tawny Owl for myself, but possibly you might not really need them on "easy".
I even used Swallow later on, when I got to the very difficult fistfights.

Enjoy! wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/09/09 08:31 PM

Moondancer- thumbsup

I did not find anyone give me any directions when I got out of the jail. Since I am using a trainer, I paid off the guy, but they are keeping Dandilion for a few days. I found I had quite a few potions when I looked to see what I had. I would like to get into the sewer, have tried all three ways to get in, but cannot. Have you been in the sewer?

Thanks

maggie think wave yay

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/09/09 08:40 PM

Maggie, I could access the sewers from the grate in the jail, but that was in the first city. I got a quest from the jailer and from them on I could get into the sewers.

Where are you in the game?
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/09/09 11:57 PM

Maggie here are step by step directions for all you do in this side game.

Click to reveal..
You might note that you can not enter the sewers until you've won a drinking game

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/10/09 02:24 AM

Oldman- thumbsup

Thanks for that tidbit, I will do so. L4L- I am outside the jail, paid the money and trying to find plants and monsters.

maggie wave

My ink is out in my printer, never fails, will have to print out the walkthrough tomorrow, but thanks so much. praise bravo

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/10/09 07:09 AM

Moondancer- thumbsup

I did not find anyone give me any directions when I got out of the jail. Since I am using a trainer, I paid off the guy, but they are keeping Dandilion for a few days. I found I had quite a few potions when I looked to see what I had. I would like to get into the sewer, have tried all three ways to get in, but cannot. Have you been in the sewer?

Thanks

maggie think wave yay

Maggie, when I exited jail, a guy automatically approached me, regarding a quest to find treasure. Possibly it might not be happening because of the trainer and/or already having paid off the guy? The adventure has to do with searching for treasure and ways to make money to pay off D's debt, so possibly the quests are not triggering because you have already got enough cash and have already paid the guy off?

You need to go the the Inn and chat with a few people, also, as has been suggested above,
Click to reveal..
the key for the entrance to the sewers is held by someone there, in the Inn.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/10/09 08:11 PM

Moondancer- thumbsup

Thanks so much for the hint, and the suggestions, you are probably right about the trainer. Thanks so much for your help.

I will let you know what is going on.

maggie wave yay

For anyone interested, there is a walkthrough at www.gameborder.com it is 19 pages long.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/12/09 09:00 PM

Where can I get information on the red unknown herb I see growing all over in Chap IV? I thought the old peasant woman outside Alina's house would tell me, but she only talked about vampires. I've tried many times.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/12/09 10:42 PM

Pokey, for some of these plants you can only get the knowledge through a book which you will probably have to pay an exorbitant amount of money for.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/12/09 10:49 PM

I thought I bought every book that had any information, I guess I missed one. I'll look for another book seller if I can't get the old peasant woman to talk.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/13/09 01:21 AM

If all else fails, you might try this walkthrough. At the bottom, there is a iink to where you can find all the books and information on alchemy.

GamePressure Walkthrough

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/13/09 01:50 AM

Thanks. That is handy. I was able to get the book by doing a quest for the blacksmith's wife.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 02/13/09 02:32 AM

Great!
Posted By: misslilo

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 10/09/10 04:34 PM

I finally got this game - Platinum version - with guide and manual - Very cool.

Have to get used to another combat system than WOW though, lol.

So far I like it - still just getting a feel of it and playing on Easy laugh

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 10/09/10 06:57 PM

I love it - another Geralt fan in the making! Once I got used to it, I really liked the combat system.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 10/11/10 05:20 AM

I'm still playing it, so that's good smile
Got myself to chapter 2 somehow, lol.

I'm not good with making potions etc. (haven't really done any yet), but I guess it's a must later on?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 10/11/10 05:33 AM

It will be extremely helpful later on, even if you're playing in easy mode. In the harder modes, it's impossible to get through the game without them. Once you read enough books to be able to collect lots of ingredients, you will be brewing away whenever you can!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community