GB HOMEPAGE

Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods

Posted By: mAMMU

Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/25/09 04:24 AM

Has anyone been playing this game? I think I will be playing it very soon now. Does anyone know where I can download the latest patch for this game?
Thanks.
Carol
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/25/09 10:02 AM

Haven't played the game yet, but the latest patch is HERE
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/25/09 01:39 PM

thanks SharonB

luck Mammu

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/26/09 07:39 PM

Thanks, SharonB!
I downloaded the patch and have started playing this game. So far I really like it as much as the rest of the Gothic games. I have played them all plus the expansions and really loved them.
Thanks again for your help.
Carol
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 08:15 AM

Hi mAMMU- grin

I have never played any of the Gothic games. Will you tell me if they are point and click, I prefer the mouse over the keyboard. I never finish those games.

Thanks

maggie think wave
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 08:56 AM

I have been wanting to buy the Gothic games for some time now and was getting ready to order Gothic Universe next month for $19.99 when I found they now have it for sale at Amazon for $12.50. I was very pleased and have it in my cart to order for next week. Woohoo!! yay

Who ever said procrastination didn't have it's perks! devilchili

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: maggie57
Hi mAMMU- grin

I have never played any of the Gothic games. Will you tell me if they are point and click, I prefer the mouse over the keyboard. I never finish those games.

Thanks

maggie think wave

Maggie, I haven't played them but from googling it seems to be keyboard control wave
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 04:45 PM

mAMMU, please let us know how the game plays. I want to play it but have been hesitating because of all the bad reports I have been hearing, mostly technical.
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 08:02 PM

Hello smile

I have the game and I and I also have the first Gothic III and also Gothic II.

1. I like this one the best because once you install the game you don't need the CD to play it.

2. You can set up your keys any way you want by going into the options and then custom. I have the arrow keys to make him move and the right control for him to jump. The space draws his weapon or magic. Those are the only keys I use.

3. Fighting is easy. Once you draw the weapon (but never in town) or magic all you do is left click and keep clicking until he is done. You also use the left click to pick up stuff or open chests.

4. You can press ~ key and type god to go into god mode if you want and that is it. What more could you want?

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 08:43 PM

thanks VHLMagic wave

It's always great to hear from one who has played it. God mode sounds like the way to be puppy

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 09:00 PM

Thanks, Magic. Nice to hear some positive feedback on the game. I think I'm going to have to get it. More Gothic goodness! smile

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 10:26 PM

To Maggie57 - The game is not point and click but the movement is very simple compared to other non-point-and-click games that I have played. I only use the W key to move forward. Moving the mouse to whichever direction you want to go is all you have to do then use the W key. Does that make sense to you?

To Pokey - So far this game is not as buggy as Gothic 3 was before I installed the patch to that one. I installed the latest patch to Forsaken Gods and have very little problem so far. Every once in a while, there is a slight hesitation in movement but not enough to make me frustrated.
Of course, I really have liked all of the Gothic games and can't wait for Gothic 4 to come out.
All of you enjoy this game. I am.
Carol

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/27/09 10:29 PM

Well it seems that I get in a different moods for playing my games every day and I haven't gotten very far in this one yet.

Right now I am running around Trellis (spelling?) trying to find the teleporter stone. If I don't find it soon I will need to use the cheat way to get it but will keep trying to find it first.

So far it doesn't feel any different from the regular Gothic III but maybe when I get further into it maybe it will. Wonder when you get into the expansion part?

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/28/09 02:22 AM

mAMMU- thumbsup

I thank you and it does really sound easier than most keyboard, which I dread. I am going to buy this, when I do, will I need a patch for it to play good, I am hearing about a patch.

L4L- If all keyboard games will play this easy, you might convert me........ rotfl rotfl

Thanks for your time

maggie think wave
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/28/09 07:37 AM

Maggie, but keep in mind that the easiness does not extend to the first 2 Gothic games, especially the first one. That one actually has quite difficult controls. So make sure that you get the Gothic Forsaken Gods game, which includes Gothic 3 and it's expansion Forsaken Gods. Rather don't get Gothic Universe (which is a lovely bargain if you also want Gothic 1 & 2 - but which I would not recommend for your purposes.)

If you liked Forsaken Gods and managed the controls ok, I would also recommend Fable the Lost Chapters and Oblivion for you - because you can also do them with only "W" and using your mouse to navigate, and LMB to hit.

Yes, you will need a patch for Forsaken Gods, as it is pretty buggy without one. You will need a good few patches for G3 as well, but I think those are automatically included when you buy the Forsaken Gods package, (not sure as I patched my G3 previous to FG coming out). The Forsaken Gods patch will not be included, though. You'll have to get that yourself - see SharonB's post above, linking to it.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/28/09 04:25 PM

I bought the game for a great price on Ebay. I see that there is a later patch. Anyone used this one and do you need to install all patches or just the last one?

http://www.gamershell.com/download_39378.shtml

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/28/09 06:50 PM

http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?catid=19

This is the one I used and it looks like it might be the same one as gamershell has.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/28/09 07:11 PM

I assume you mean patch 1.0.8. Is that the only patch you used? I haven't found out whether the earlier patches are needed or if the last one contains all patches.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/29/09 03:12 AM

Moondancer- thumbsup

I am glad you gave me that information about the earlier games, I almost ordered them and then they would of just sat until I gave them away. I will order the games you suggest, thanks so much. I will also try the others, I have Oblivion, but I do not have it on yet.

Thanks again

maggie wave yay :spring:

Moondancer-

I just ordered Gothic 3 Collectors Edition, which has all the updates and the expansion pack from Amazon. I should have it in a week or ten days. Thanks again for your help.

maggie bravo
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/29/09 07:11 AM

You're welcome, Maggie. smile
As far as I know, the Gothic games and Oblivion all have god mode, if you want to try that out first, just to accustom yourself with the controls first.

Fable does not have console cheats (codes) that you can use, and the combat does get rather frenetic, so maybe you should forget that I mentioned that one.

Also, you can set both Gothic 3 and Oblivion to 1st person or 3rd person, whichever you prefer.

I know you prefer point and click only, but if you can accustom yourself to using the keyboard as well, you can partake in a lot of the games we are enjoying, too! wink

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/29/09 08:00 AM

Moondancer- bravo

You are right. I will put Oblivion on and use God Mode too. It would be wonderful to be able to use the keys more. I did not think I paid a bad price for the two, I paid Amazon with shipping $22.92 and it is new.
Your kind help was great for me and I understand they keys and how to work them easier now thanks to you.

Take care

maggie wave thumbsup yay :spring:

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/29/09 12:33 PM

Here is the patch info.

Description
Today, JoWooD released the newest patch for the Gothic 3 add-on «Forsaken Gods».

Please note that the player has to start a new game in order to make the improvements work!

Brief Patch Notes:

- Gothic 3 Quest items removed
- Text problems fixed
- Voice over issues fixed
- Improved Combat / NPC Balancing
- Improved Item value balancing
- Parry skill is functional
- Shield Parry is functional
- New Items like weapons, armor, shields

When I installed this patch I had just started this game and to me it didn't matter if I had to start over.

This was the only one I used but maybe someone else might have better advice on the earlier versions.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 03/29/09 08:38 PM

VHL- thumbsup

Do you have a link to the new patch for the game?

Thanks

maggie help wave yay

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/01/09 12:17 AM

Maggie if you scroll up to an earlier post on this page I have the link there that I used. smile

Go to about the middle of the page there and it was the 1.08 patch.
Posted By: oldfeeble

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/09/09 12:17 PM

I gather from the posts so far that Gothic Universe only includes Gothic I,II (plus Night of the Raven) and III but NOT Forsaken Gods, the bridge to Gothic IV? Is that correct?

It is really hard to tell from the description on Amazon what is included in Universe. So, if Forsaken Gods is separate, does it include Gothic III with patches?

Thanks for the information.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/09/09 03:47 PM

I just bought one that looks like the one on Amazon. I haven't installed it, but I can't see anything on the box that refers to a full install of Gothic 3. It says "stand alone expansion pack", so I assume it is just the expansion.

I believe the Gothic 3 Collector's Edition does include both.

http://www.amazon.com/Gothic-3-Collectors-Pc/dp/B001F0OOF6
Posted By: oldfeeble

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/11/09 12:06 PM

Ah, thanks Pokey. I see the difference now. I wonder - is the consensus that Forsaken Gods is worth playing and is the Collector's Edition of Gothic 3 a better version of the game with patches, etc.? Or is the game still pretty buggy and the expansion not worth the purchase price?

I realize that it is really just each person's opinion but being a die-hard Gothic fan I didn't want to miss a minute of the game if it is possibly worth playing.

I struggled through Gothic 3 twice, changing sides for each play, and enjoyed it in spite of the bugs. I wonder if it is time to revisit it again with the expansion?

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/11/09 04:07 PM

Oldfeeble, the Collector's Edition is a great deal for someone who hasn't played the game. Gothic 3 is patched but I assume you would have to patch Forsaken Gods. I enjoyed Gothic 3 and am looking forward to playing Forsaken Gods. I got my copy for about $8 shipped on Ebay. There are more still available as Buy it Now.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods - 04/21/09 05:51 PM

I've started this game and with the patch there seemed to be few problems. It doesn't seem to be up to the quality graphically as Gothic 3, but still enjoyable. Seems like the towns are smaller and simpler, though still recognizable from Gothic 3. When I started it up the second day. I got a speedy cycling through day-night and sunny-stormy, but it cleared up with a restart of my computer. I'm still in the area of the first town and looking to move on as soon as I get one more recommendation letter.

Can I change the difficulty at any time? The enemies seem to be pretty easy. I remember the bloodflies being pretty tough at the start of Gothic 3.

Later--the Black Mage was nowhere to be found in Trellis, so I had to use a cheat to go to him elsewhere on the map. Then a bit later, he showed up in his house in Trellis and I was able to finish the quest.

Forsaken Gods walkthrough and cheat guide:

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/g3%20FoGo%20-%20Memo%20P1-0-89%20v0-02.pdf

http://www.cheatsguru.com/pc/gothic_3_forsaken_gods/cheats/1680447.htm

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods---where do I find troglodytes? - 05/07/09 09:33 PM

I need them for a quest and have searched in three locations where they are supposed to be with no luck. Any tips on finding them, maybe a certain time of day?

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods---where do I find troglodytes? - 05/08/09 02:19 AM

Pokey, did you check the links in the post above this?

Also, there is a map here with a location marked. wave

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods---where do I find troglodytes? - 05/08/09 03:09 AM

I hadn't checked that map, but it looks like that is one of the three locations they were supposed to show up at. There is a cave near there.

I think I have a more serious problem now. Theodor is not cooperating in moving the final quests along. I may have reached the end of the game for me. I would have liked to at least see the troglodytes.

Re: Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods---where do I find troglodytes? - 05/09/09 05:57 AM

Back in the game again. With a lot of Googling, I discovered a player with the same problem. He tried everything when talking to Theodor and then noticed that there is a blank space above the only line in the dialogue box, which is END. When he clicked on the space, the correct response is given and the game continues on. Maybe I'll find the troglodytes yet. grin

-------------------------------------------------------------

I finished the game and enjoyed it though it is not as good as the other Gothic games. Still, good to roam around the Gothic landscape again. I even met up with three troglodytes at the very end, though they didn't have the quest items I was seeking.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community