GB HOMEPAGE

Pop Cap games

Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Pop Cap games - 04/27/10 03:08 PM

Has anybody had experience downloading these games? Do they put alot of gunk on the cmptr? I've just played Plants vs Zombies and Zuma's Revenge demos and really like them especially the Zuma one. Z's Revenge is on a disc but does it play on Win7. Zuma deluxe does and I play that most every day - most enjoyable. They are good games to close the nighttine on.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/27/10 04:32 PM

I do not care for them. They install tracking devices in order to see your online activity so they can direct advertisers your way. Privacy Policy

Ana wave

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/27/10 06:19 PM

Wow, thanks Ana. I won't download anything from them ever - it could get sticky. That's a shame they do that because they are an old company.
Their policy certinly gives them leverage.

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/27/10 06:40 PM

MOst do that, I am afraid. That is why I limit myself to BigFish, BigSea and SpinTop.

Ana wave
Posted By: Julia K

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/28/10 07:35 PM

I use Big Fish. But I am waiting for the release of Decay, since it is a download game.
Posted By: maryjo

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/28/10 08:33 PM

Hi, I use Wild Tangent. I haven't had any problems weith them. They have both of the games you mentioned. I had a blast playing Plants vs Zombias. My favorite plant was the watermellon catapult. It squashed a bunch of Zombies at once :]]]] maryjo

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/28/10 11:33 PM

Wildtangent uses web beacons to track your activities and searches online just like pop cap games goes.

Ana wave
Posted By: maryjo

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/29/10 12:54 AM

Hmmmmm.I did't know that about Wild Tangent.
Thanks Maryjo
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/29/10 01:15 AM

You'd be surprised what you find out when you read the privacy policies of many web sites...

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/29/10 01:50 PM

Maybe I'll stick with Spintop. Bigfish is popular here but I've been bombarded with emails since I visited their site perhaps 3-4 times and downloaded 1 hog game. Still prefer the discs - maybe Amazon has them.
Alot of Wild Tangent games on this cmptr when I bought it, why didn't they include Plants/zombies game?
Thankyou for all the input everybody.

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/29/10 05:22 PM

Yankee, you can turn off the BF emails. That is simple to do. If they are spam mail from somewhere else, it's not from BF.

Ana wave

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/30/10 09:00 AM

Ana, I will do that. So often I miss the obvious. For some reason I feel comfy with Spintop.

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/30/10 01:32 PM

SpinTop is an excellent site Yankee, it's a good choice.

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/30/10 02:36 PM

A friend of mine joined king.com which is a pop cap gaming site. I have looked on her computer and can't see a file anywhere. How can I make sure that the tracking stuff is not lurking in the background??

Re: Pop Cap games - 04/30/10 03:47 PM

If you downloaded from there the clear gifs that track your browsing habits are there. You would have to clear all your cookies and clean the computer but as soon as you go to start the game it would be back.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community