GB HOMEPAGE

Lord of the ring online

Posted By: lor

Lord of the ring online - 05/15/10 04:00 PM

It surprises me that LoTRO never seems to get a mention here.

Much more to do than kill orc's, the graphic's are stunning, really do justice to Tolkien's beautiful worlds.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/16/10 02:50 AM

I've never played an online game, but since I'm watching LOTR for about the fifteenth time, I would probably like an online LOTR game. Maybe I'll have a look. But I'm such a chicken about online games.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/17/10 04:55 PM

Lor, could you tell us more about it? Is it a game you can solo in or do you need to group?
Posted By: JeanK

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/18/10 06:38 PM

Hi Lor:

Definitely let us know how it is. I love LOTR. How much is the subscription?

Jean

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/18/10 09:53 PM

Looney, you can solo, small fellowship or full fellowship. I have played 95% solo, as a hunter, Robin Hood was my childhood hero:) In the last update they made book 1 epic story soloable. The epic follows the journey of Frodo and all his cronies. My hunter is my main and is maxed at 65 but I have 6 other characters each with a different profession, woodworker, tailor, jeweller etc, so that I am self sufficient in making all my own gear.

Jean, I pay $9.99 a month, there is a 10day free trial, see the link below, it's well worth a look.

http://www.lotro.com/buynow/

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/19/10 02:22 PM

Thanks Lor, it sounds like fun! I loved all the books and the movies. wave
Posted By: JeanK

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/21/10 02:49 PM

I will not look I will not look I will not look and if I do I won't subscribe. lol. I have subscriptions to Wow and EQII and can't afford another one, but I am going to look anyway.

Maybe I'll try the 10 day trial to see what it's like, lol.

Thanks for furthering my addiction. crazy

Re: Lord of the ring online - 05/23/10 03:46 PM

Maybe this page from the LoTRO forum will go some way to showing you the beauty of the game.
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=333281
It is awesome to walk in the places the fellowship did.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Lord of the ring online - 09/11/10 05:59 PM

I just made an account with LOTR - it's FREE now - like Guild Wars, where you can upgrade from a shop with points earned in-game laugh

So far it's ok - the graphic is not as smooth and nice as WOW, but it is a beautiful world.
Coming from WOw, it takes a bit to get used to the interface - not as intuitive.

Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Lord of the ring online - 09/17/10 11:01 AM

Hi everyone smile

I just downloaded the game yesterday and wow is it a huge download.
You can download it a little at a time and it will continue when you click on the desktop icon.
The best part is that is it free to play.
You can move by using the arrow keys or the awsd is it? Not sure and never use them.
So far it doesn't seem to bad but I have to get used to how it works first to be able to tell you if I really like it or not.
I have been playing Rappelz online game for a few months now and really love that one so this one will take some getting use to.
Rappelz is also a free game so you may want to check it out.
http://rappelz.gpotato.com/

Re: Lord of the ring online - 09/19/10 02:28 PM

thanks VHL wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community