GB HOMEPAGE

Stuck in Dungeon Siege III

Posted By: Smooshmonster

Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/15/11 07:23 PM

Hi,
I'm hoping someone has played this game. It looks really promising but I'm stuck in the first boss fight (against Vera). I even turned the difficulty down to casual, but no matter where I run, I get overrun by about 10 badguys.

Does anyone have any idea how to get past this? I just bought the game and I'd be really disappointed if I didn't get to play past the first quest frown
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/15/11 09:45 PM

Hi
Have you checked out the walkthrough HERE. It may help.
Good luck.
Cathy
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/15/11 10:08 PM

Thanks Cathy1 wave

Smoosh, did that do the trick? puppy

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/15/11 10:42 PM

Yes! The personal strategy section had some good advice. And when all else fails, dodge like crazy laugh

Thank you Cathy!
Posted By: mcc

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/18/11 02:27 PM

Smooshmonster,

I have not played the game but I saw what looks like a very good guide HERE , you may want to check it.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/18/11 03:58 PM

Thanks Mcc wave

How is the game going Smoosh?
Posted By: Sig Segorn

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/21/11 04:31 PM

Smoosh, are you playing on a PC? And have you played the earlier Dungeon Siege games? I finished a playthrough of DS3 a couple weeks ago (with the CheatHappens trainer), then uninstalled it, thinking I wouldn't wanna replay it. Kind of a shame, cuz there are some things I do like about it, but they're offset by the negatives. It's interesting what became of Stonebridge, and be sure to do the Heroes' Crypt, to pay your respects to the characters from the first game.

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/22/11 12:56 AM

I quite like it so far. I did quite like the crypt, although it has been ages since I played Dungeon Siege, I still remembered most of the early companions.

I'm playing on PC. I think an update is going to be released for the combat controls (I read that somewhere), so it might be worth replaying. I do like good old-fashioned strategic RPGs and they're hard to find these days, so I am usually willing to put up with the short-comings (and for an RPG this one is visually amazing).

And I do want to try it on multiplayer, to see how well that is implemented.
Posted By: Sig Segorn

Re: Stuck in Dungeon Siege III - 09/23/11 02:47 AM

Glad you're liking it, Smoosh. You should already have that Steam update installed that added the ability to change your key bindings. And you don't need to have played the earlier Dungeon Siege games, of course, but it's gotta be a little more meaningful if you have. Happy dungeoneering! wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community