GB HOMEPAGE

A Question about Indigo Prophecy

Posted By: traveler

A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/08/11 07:56 PM

GOG has Indigo Prophecy for $5.99. Great price! The trouble is, after having read Inferno's review, I'm still not sure if it's six bucks I want to risk. So, a couple of questions for you Darksiders: Can aged fingers get through the action sequences? How tough are they?

Gil.
Posted By: mcc

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/08/11 08:50 PM

traveler. I found the controls of Indigo absolutely awful mad , however other people did not. To me more than tough they fell in the absurd, it definitively it was more work than pleasure.

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/08/11 09:02 PM

Thanks, mcc. It sounds like a very interesting game but if my hands aren't up to it...pfftt. Six bucks saved. grin

Gil.
Posted By: Gobobby

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/08/11 11:57 PM

You really do not want to play this game. In addition to fast hand/eye coordination, many sequences in the game are unrealistically timed. A speeding car one block away does not reach you in less than one second. There are sequences which require a certain rhythm in order to succeed. You must swing the mouse back and forth in just a certain way when climbing a wall or you fall to the ground. The game was ported to the PC without any real testing, and it shows.

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 01:03 AM

"You really do not want to play this game."

If I wasn't already convinced, you'd have convinced me! Thanks, Gobobby!

Gil.
Posted By: Dunn Tawkin

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 01:45 AM

I kinda liked it. Played twice on PC.

Turned down the action part's to easy.

We all are alittle different,on which games we like.

Dunn
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 04:32 AM

I agree with Gobobby. I didn't get far in this game before giving up.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 10:14 AM

I liked it to. It takes practice to get use to the controls. After playing the game a couple times I got good at the controls.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 01:57 PM

I used a gaming pad for this game... could not do it with just the keypad...but it still remains on of my favorite games... but there are quite a few action plays for those fingers
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/09/11 03:20 PM

I loved Watching Someone else play this game, but it was too fast for me to actually play. wave
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/29/11 12:48 PM

It's a very interesting game. Apart from one bit where he had to climb a drainpipe it wasn't too hard. keep a hint guide close by. If really stuck can probably get a save game somewhere.

I remember the story all these years later; a sign that it is quite memorable.
Posted By: Gobobby

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/30/11 12:03 AM

I agree that this is a great game but certainly not for the PC. The vets who go back to the old arcade days and are used to "Quick Time Events" would not have much problem with this game. Otherwise, controls are a nightmare. There is one point that has not been mentioned: you cannot save. The game saves only at the end of the day. Make a mistake near the end of the day and you start the day over. That and the unrealistic timings is why I gave up on the game.
Posted By: Feeb88

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 11/30/11 04:00 PM

Hmm. That certainly isn't how it is on the PS2: there are auto-saved checkpoints at regular intervals throughout each chapter.

As for the controls, they seem pretty much tailor-made for the twin analog stick setup. A keyboard and mouse...yeah, not so much.

I found Heavy Rain's story a vast improvement on Fahrenheit's/IP's; by the second half of the latter, it felt as if the author was throwing any- and everything at the page and seeing what stuck.
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: A Question about Indigo Prophecy - 12/04/11 10:42 AM

Agree the second half the game was totally out of step with the buildup in the first half. It was so trippy it was almost funny but was a letdown given the great opening scenes that made it seem like a personal journey. Heavy Rain nailed the style.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community