GB HOMEPAGE

The Witcher

Posted By: JeanK

The Witcher - 01/28/12 12:46 AM

I've got a $5 coupon off a download at Amazon that I have to use by the end of January. One of the games is the Witcher for $9.99, which means I'd get the download for $4.99.

How hard of a game is it? I'm not as nimble with my fingers as I used to be, lol, although I'm doing fine so far with Skyrim.

I don't want to get it and find I'm too slow.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 12:54 AM

JeanK, I loved the Witcher. It has a fighting style that is a little different but if you play on easy you will see a symbol onscreen when you are supposed to Strike. Using that I did just fine. If you can play Skyrim the Witcher will be fine, I think.

And you'll get to listen to Geralt's lovely voice happydance

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 12:58 AM

Oh good. It seems as if a lot of people liked it, and I hate to waste a $5 coupon, lol.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 01:57 AM

Let us know what you think wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 02:27 AM

If you can handle Skyrim, you will have no problems with The Witcher. Like l4l says, the combat is a little different, but I grew to really, really like it. There seemed to be more "finesse" to it rather than just hacking and slashing away. And, oh, yes. I'll be interested to see if you become completely infatuated with Geralt like the rest of us did!

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 04:27 AM

It will be a while before I get around to playing it since I just started Skyrim, but I'm looking forward to it! I'm glad you mentioned playing on easy. lol
Posted By: Karsten

Re: The Witcher - 01/28/12 06:33 PM

There's an easy mode for combat that I've used. And the story, oh the story. It is really interesting with some tuff and hard choices.

Edit:

I hope it is enhanced edition you're getting. There are five additionel very good quests with this edition.

Re: The Witcher - 01/29/12 03:15 AM

Yep, it's the enhanced edition. I downloaded it last night even though I won't be playing it for a while yet, and it took forever! I'll be sure to come post back here once I start it.
Posted By: mcc

Re: The Witcher - 01/29/12 06:58 PM

I like this game and The Witcher 2 more than Skyrim and I find them easier.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community