GB HOMEPAGE

Call of Cthulhu - DcotE

Posted By: Drizzt

Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 04:29 PM

Hi,

Anyone played this 2006 game? I never really bothered to before now, and the prologue has some amazing atmosphere. Amnesia is all good and well, but this seems even more atmospheric. There's only one problem, it crashes to the desktop quite regularly with a "cocMainWin32.exe" has crashed message. Anyone know about a patch for this?

Any general gameplay tips for this, otherwise? It seems like a great game.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 04:40 PM

Drizzt, are you playing on Windows 8? or 7? There are quite a few threads about crashing On the Steam Discussion Forum

Even if you didn't get yours from Steam, some of the solutions may work for you. luck

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 06:17 PM

Hi, l4l, I'm running it on Win 7. Never changing to Win 8 if I can avoid it.

I don't have steam, but through the forums I found the 1.5 unofficial fan patch which seems to greatly help. It still crashes, but much less frequently. Loving this game...absolutely loving it. The atmosphere is just like something out of a Lovecraft novel.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 08:56 PM

Glad it is working better now. Have fun! wave

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 09:25 PM

I am...but it's quite hard, too! I'm being chased by the inhabitants of Innsmouth. The most hectic experience I've had for a long time in a game. laugh

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/26/13 10:06 PM

Run, get stronger, go back, wreck havoc puppy
Posted By: Barb

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/27/13 10:50 AM

I absolutely loved this game! I don't have it any more, but wish I did - anyone know where I can get it?

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/27/13 06:05 PM

Barb, Steam has it. Amazon has it from 3rd party sellers. New ones are pricey, but they have some used ones Here. luck
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/28/13 12:23 AM

I bought my version on steam. Did get the no blue lights bug 3/4 of the way in, but there are ways around that.
Too bad they didn't get to make the sequels they planned.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/28/13 11:06 AM

Whew! I think I paid $10 for it from a bargain bin a few years ago! Jarkeld, do you have a link to where you can get it on Steam? I can't find a price. I'd love to play it again.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/28/13 03:52 PM

Barb, it looks like it is $9.99 from This Page

luck and have fun.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/29/13 11:26 AM

Thanks, Looney.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/30/13 01:54 PM

I got the game & didn't have to buy it! I had it on an old computer, & since it doesn't need the disk in the drive to play it, my husband copied it from that computer & put it on my laptop. So far it's running well. I just got to Innsmouth.

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 05/31/13 11:52 PM

Nice!

I just got out from the sewers...what a nasty experience that was!

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 06/02/13 11:43 AM

This game is really creepy! I just checked into the hotel - I remember the hardest part of the game for me is coming up - running from the townsfolk. I can't wait til J. Edgar Hoover shows up. LOL

Re: Call of Cthulhu - DcotE - 06/02/13 04:44 PM

So glad you are getting to play again Barb wave

Welcome back to the sunlight Drizzt puppy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community