GB HOMEPAGE

Risen 1 skills

Posted By: hugh

Risen 1 skills - 09/30/13 05:33 AM

I did a search but couldn't find any thread about this game so I had to make a new one. Sorry if it's already started somewhere.

I wanted to know what skill points are necessary to learn & what aren't. I'm usually an archer/melee fighter. I don't usually become a mage. I read that pickpocketing isn't that rewarding? Are skills other than the ones related to the combat for e.g. alchemy or smithy important? Is it difficult to get learning points later on? I want to learn alchemy so I can make health potions and smithy so I can process gold etc but if you don't get LPs that easily later on, I'd rather spend them on strength & dexterity upgrades.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Risen 1 skills - 09/30/13 05:11 PM

Hugh, I haven't played this, but perhaps one of the members has and will be able to give their opinion. wave
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Risen 1 skills - 09/30/13 06:37 PM

Hugh, here is the link to the Risen thread.

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/560465/1

Another that might help..

http://tap-repeatedly.com/forum/never-mind-the-bollocks/risen/

I don't recall that learning points were hard to come by. I would recommend that you join the Order rather than the Bandits. That pathway is much more interesting and I don't usually play a mage. You can be a Warrior in the Order. Be careful because after a certain number of missions for a group, you automatically join. I think it is about 3.

Posted By: hugh

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/02/13 11:30 AM

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/02/13 03:55 PM

Thanks Pokey wave luck Hugh puppy
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/05/13 05:09 PM

Hugh, are you enjoying this? At some point I downloaded it from Steam and am curious about the game. I loved the Gothics, so I hoped I'd like this one. Opinion?

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/05/13 06:54 PM

Hagatha, it is very much like Gothic. It is excellent, especially when you reach the monastery, though toward the end it fades a bit. Some have had trouble with the end but it didn't bother me. I think you would enjoy it since you are a Gothic fan. Risen 2 is good too.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/13/13 03:32 AM

Okay, well I have duly downloaded Risen and am having fun in a very Gothic-y sort of way. smile

Say...I recognize the music as being very much like the Gothic games, but it is also very like the Original Divine Divinity music, too. Must be the same musician.

Good game. No idea how I missed, unless it was during the time I was reluctant to use Steam (a reluctance that vanished when I realized I wasn't playing Skyrim without it).

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/13/13 05:09 PM

So glad you are finding "new" fun games, Hagatha wave

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/13/13 09:49 PM

Hagatha, did you ever check out Nehrim, a free Oblivion mod by a German team that has a Gothic feel to it? I thought it was better than Oblivion and takes place in a large completely different world.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/13/13 10:47 PM

No, I've never heard of that. I still play Oblivion from time to time, just because it's so pretty and I love my nice houses.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/15/13 12:49 AM

...but I have downloaded it now grin

And Risen is great, like Gothic only better graphics.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/15/13 05:02 AM

WooHoo, more fun times puppy

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/15/13 05:36 PM

Yep. Lots of new fun to be had.

Buying games on line is really dangerous though. No need to even get out of the chair...too easy.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/21/13 05:11 AM

Say, this game is really good. Just like a completely new Gothic 2, only with better graphics. Having a blast in the Library...

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/21/13 03:08 PM

So glad you are having fun thumbsup

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/29/13 11:15 PM

Haha. Fred -- my new best friend. Nobody should ever be without a pet skeleton.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/29/13 11:34 PM

Oh my, that is quite a timely pet puppy

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/30/13 01:20 AM

Yes, indeedy. I use Fred for bait. I cast him at enemies while I cower behind a post. He fights, I cast heal on him from my hiding place.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/30/13 01:52 AM

Fred was a lot of fun and quite useful. Later on he becomes less useful so take advantage of him now.

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/30/13 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Yes, indeedy. I use Fred for bait. I cast him at enemies while I cower behind a post. He fights, I cast heal on him from my hiding place.

Sounds like my style of fighting, though I have been known to rescue my pet a time or two in games. Drives my kids bats. puppy

Re: Risen 1 skills - 10/31/13 02:51 AM

Well, I really need Fred. My mage simply can't deal with multiple Lizard warriors, even with Fireball at level 7.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community