GB HOMEPAGE

Penumbra Necrologue

Posted By: Terri824

Penumbra Necrologue - 03/03/15 05:12 AM

Hi. I'm looking for the cassette in the game and cannot find it. Can anyone tell me where it's hidden? I'm a bit afraid that it might have been on a previous floor that is going to be out of my reach, no way to leave the one I'm on, at least not yet.
Thanks,
Terri
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/03/15 06:12 PM

Terri, I couldn't find any written walk throughs for this. I saw several video ones but have no idea where to start on those. I hope someone is able to help you. luck

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/03/15 09:29 PM

Thanks L4L. I did watch one of the videos and I must have missed the cassette tape pretty far back because the guy in the video had it basically at the beginning. Can't move forward without it but still don't know where he got it from. Will have to watch the video again and not try to do something else at the same time. lol

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/03/15 09:44 PM

Lol, Terri, I suffer from that same disease. Good luck!

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/04/15 08:40 PM

I went back and restarted the game, found the tape, then couldn't remember where something else was. I do not like to restart a game bacause I always forget things. So............found the key, moved right along to the sewer, my favorite kind of place, only to get croaked and now realize that this may not be so easy for me. I do not move as fast as I once did and this game actually gives me a headache.

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/04/15 08:54 PM

Oh Dear, I'm glad you found the tape. Do you have a save close to where you died?

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/04/15 09:19 PM

No problem L4L, the game starts over with my character still stuck in the corner getting the life beaten out of him. scared

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/04/15 10:00 PM

rotfl Well that is not very nice! puppy

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/05/15 01:32 AM

I guess after three times they feel sorry for you and let you go back to the door that you originally came through. All is ok, found a ladder to climb, banging on the door and now crouched in a cabinet, planning my strategy. lol
Have you played this game? It's free on Steam.

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/05/15 02:26 AM

Well, that is encouraging thumbsup

No, I haven't played it. Right now when I play, which isn't often, I'm participating in a Beta test of Heroes of the Storm which I quite like. I can play for 20 minutes and then go away.

One day my play time will increase wave

Do you remember where you found the tape? In case someone else were to have the same difficulty?

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/05/15 02:52 AM

The problem was mine, it was in a drawer that I apparently missed. So many rooms look alike that I guess I just missed either the room or the drawer. I have a new problem.....need matches for the burner. I looked at that video again and it is somewhat strange. No where did it show where he got the matches. He had 8 vials of chemical and the matches, I had 9 vials of chemicals and no matches. Then when he started the next video (3), he had 9 chemicals and matches. I saw that someone else asked about the matches. Wonder if it's a glitch and if it will straighten itself out?

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/05/15 06:05 PM

That is so easy to do. Hubby is good about patiently checking everything again. I think "I checked there" and off I go.

You should write a walk through. There doesn't seem to be any.

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/09/15 04:01 AM

Thank you for the vote of confidence but there is no way I could do the walk through. My dear, I do good to remember how to get on GB.
I realized why I could not find the matches. I thought that video was one session and could not figure out how the guy got those matches. He has cuts throughout the video, so I went back and found them in a room close to the bathroom. Anyway I have moved on from that area and am in the mines presently. That's another story and the mutants/monsters, whatever you want to call them are going to be difficult to evade. I'm not sure, but I think this might be the end of the game for me, I'm short on supplies and patience. LOL

Terri

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/11/15 12:23 AM

Ok, I am out of the mine and trying to leap across a large opening, not going to happen. I'm sure I have attempted the jump at least 50 times and I can hear the character bouncing below but he's still alive. Any idea how to do this? I'm afraid if I quit I will end up back in the mines with the "monster"! Correction, I got tired of jumping and shut it down, but if you have any ideas please post them.
Thanks!

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/11/15 02:57 PM

Terri, glad you didn't give up on this. Have you checked a video walkthrough? I can't find a written one.

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/11/15 06:15 PM

L4L, glad to see u, thought u gave up on me. I did check the video and the kid had no problem clearing the gaps. I think I may not be using the keys at the right time. (W & space bar) Once or twice I thought I got to the first platform, not sure, only to fall off while trying to jump to the second. frown

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/11/15 06:44 PM

Sorry, Terri, nope, never give up on you guys, but sometimes I go to bed very early (like the middle of the afternoon). wave

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/12/15 04:45 AM

Hi. I am now on the next section of the floor. I did not realize there was another key I could use to speed the character up, which of course made the jump easy. However I am already in an area with a timed puzzle and without accomplishing this I can go no further. It has actually exhausted me crazy so will give it a go again tomorrow.
Ok looney, now I've got to ask............if you go to bed in the middle of the day, do you sleep through the night?

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/12/15 03:58 PM

Woo Hoo Terri, you are moving on through this. Did you find the speed key by poking around, or did you know to go looking for it?

I know what you mean about those timed puzzles being exhausting.

Sometimes my body just screams at me so much that I can't stay vertical, and when that happens I just collapse in the bed and stay there for the rest of the day (and night). I don't actually sleep, but I'm not able to check boards then. I would like to sleep like that that though lol

I do find that timed puzzles get easier the more I do them as I learn the moves, though sometimes I have to make little cheat sheets if they are very involved. You can do it! luck

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/13/15 12:03 AM

I decided there had to be something that I was missing because the character was so slow. I Googled for the information om the controls for the game but did not find them, so I went to the source.
I haven't played yet today, not sure I'm going to, not really in the mood but then you never know. wave

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/13/15 03:12 AM

Nice to be able to play when the mood hits. luck

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/17/15 04:13 AM

Just wanted to say that I have to be at least 3/4 of the way through the game, however it's getting really difficult for me and think I may have to take a break and re-group my thoughts, strategy and perhaps my nerves.
Sure wish someone else was playing. scared
Terri

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/17/15 05:24 PM

Terri, I wish so too as I know how helpful it is to be able to compare notes. You are really hanging in there with this one thumbsup

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/23/15 03:51 AM

L4L. Just wanted to mention that I have finished the game and sort of wish it hadn't ended. Once I got into the game, I was determined to finish it regardless of how nauseated it made me. LOL It was a good game and I liked the graphics, but some of the puzzles were very difficult to finish and they seemed to take me for ever to complete. wave

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/23/15 05:16 PM

bravo Terri, thumbsup

So glad you were able to finish. Was the puzzle difficulty because of twitch?

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/23/15 07:58 PM

I don't understand your question L4L. I mostly had problems with the ones that you need to move fast on. I'd get bumfuzzled and end up going toward the area I just ran from, which was a big no, no. Or I couldn't jump far enough or fast enough. It was very easy for me to get lost, I just kept going in circles and couldn't figure out where I went wrong. LOL
All in all I learned from it and I might just have to play it again, we'll see. It might be easier to play with a gamepad, if I can figure out how to use one.
Terri haha

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/23/15 08:48 PM

LoL..."twitch" is exactly what you just described....needing to be able to react quickly, which I don't do very well. wave

I think to use a gamepad you just have to plug it into the usb port, but do notice the use of the word "think."

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/24/15 06:49 PM

To me twitch is an "involuntary muscle movement", so I had decided it was a typeo. LOL wave

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/24/15 07:06 PM

rotfl Yep, it is that too! My sons excel at "twitch" games, and their sons are faster yet lol
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/24/15 07:25 PM

Terri, I just might have to check this game out - your posts here have intrigued me!

Re: Penumbra Necrologue - 03/24/15 10:46 PM

Drac, do check it out, I have no doubt that you will like it!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community