GB HOMEPAGE

DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced

Posted By: Karsten

DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 12:09 PM

From Eurogamer comes news that Bioware has announced a new DLC for this game, called Tresspasser. You can read the story here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-0...een-waiting-for

A quote:

Quote:
BioWare has confirmed the Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser DLC at a PAX Prime panel attended by Eurogamer.

Another quote:

Quote:
The big news is that Trespasser will - finally - build upon the main game's shock cliffhanger ending.If you've beaten Inquisition, you'll know the character that fans have been waiting to see return, and return they do in the trailer's closing seconds.Trespasser will be set two years after Inquisition's main story and detail the group's fate after it succeeded in saving the world. The trailer also includes a Qunari army, new developments with the Inquisitor's mark and plenty of appearances from the Eluvian mirror.

You can watch the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT5Ljhybib8

Tresspasser DLC seems to be the conclusion the DA:I's storyline:

Quote:
"Having saved the world of Thedas by closing the Breach," the survey detailed, "your next mission will determine the future of the Inquisition. Your mark suddenly glows, erupting with magic connected to the Fade. Assassins attack in shadow. An invasion of enemies begins.[and] "Win a race against time to face a great evil before it is too late. In this story-based expansion, playable after the events of Dragon Age: Inquisition, you will embark on a last adventure with your team to confront the one who started it all."

The Tresspasser DLC is being released on Sept. 8th 2015

If you'd like to discuss the trailer, Yoomazier created a tread at the Bioware DA:I forums here:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/561438-trespasser-dlc-trailer/

And here's the official confirmation on Bioware's site:

http://www.dragonage.com/en_US/news/new-dragon-age-inquisition-dlc-and-more-coming-soon

A word from Mike Laidlaw:

Quote:
To play Trespasser, you’ll need a character that has completed DAI's main storyline, which is partly why we're announcing it a bit earlier-from-release than the others. This content marks the end of our time with the Inquisition. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
All the best, Mike Laidlaw

Posted By: hagatha

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 03:36 PM

You beat me to it!

I'm looking forward to this.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 04:08 PM

Yes, it does look very interesting, doesn't it?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 05:27 PM

I hope it is a fun one wave

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 08:08 PM

The game needs a less enigmatic conclusion, so this will be welcome.

Click to reveal..
Right from the start, it's clear that Solas is far more than just another mage party member. I almost always had him with me in my party because he knows so much about everything. I love the interactions between him and the other party members. Plus, the Fade abilities are awesome. It will be nice to have a conclusion to his story, or at least an explanation for his actions. And maybe my elf mage Inquisitor will finally be able to move on from being ditched. grin
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/30/15 08:23 PM

OK, I'm going to have to investigate DA: Inquisition. I have been putting it off for...well...forever and it seems like they are releasing DLC's every other month, which is a big plus in my book.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 08/31/15 04:40 AM

Trail, it's a wonderful game, but it will eat your life. I'm just about at the end of my second run, and both times were upwards of 200 hours. And there's that new DLC coming.

It's all really obsessive, lots of things to do, and many things to collect. Many, many things. And I must have them all. All of them.

Must...collect...more...shards.... hardwall

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/10/15 04:31 PM

I just downloaded this and will start it later. Looking forward to finding out what my party members have been up to since we saved the world.
Posted By: oldman

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/11/15 11:26 AM

I downloaded it as well and I find that the character I want to use for this epilogue was finished prior to both Jaws of Hakkon and Deep Roads so I'm going to go ahead and finish those two DLC's first. So, I won't be getting to Tresspasser anytime soon.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/11/15 04:20 PM

Oldman, Jaws of Hakkon has a lot of content and is really good. Some of the combat is fairly challenging and you can gain levels very quickly. Descent took me only about 7 hours to complete and was only so-so. It didn't really add much to the overall game. But you have lots of gaming ahead of you.

So far, Trespasser is great. The premise? With the closing of the Rift, the world has been saved and Ferelden and Orlais have called a conclave to decide the fate of the Inquisition, since it is no longer needed.

The silly fools. As if.

You travel to the Orlais Winter Palace, meet up with old friends, and face the Conclave. And then things get interesting.

You don't get new levels; instead, at various points you get new special skills. Old skills have additional upgrades that you can toggle on and off - although one of the new sword and shield abilities causes ctd's and should not be used (I think it's Block and Lunge, or whatever that one is called).

There are a number of new schematics, although I cannot for the life of me understand why the new weapon schematics are so underpowered compared with equipment I already found or made earlier in the game. Makes no sense.

There's lots of fun to be had in crafting, though, since Orlais has access to everything you need, so I've been fooling around with tinting and crafting cute outfits for the male members of my party. So sue me. They all have great abs. (I dress my female party members in "real" armour)

So far I've played a few hours and it looks as though I have quite a few more coming. I'd say it's worth the price.

EDIT: Yep. Good storyline. But,
Click to reveal..
Solas! Nooooooooooooooooo!
grin

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/16/15 04:48 PM

A few reviews for this DLC has surfaced.

Game Revolution gives the DLC 4.5/5

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/dragon-age-inquisition--trespasser

A quote, then:

Quote:
Unlike Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent, both of which were somewhat underwhelming sidenotes, Trespasser is a true epilogue that answers the lingering questions left by the base game's tantalizing cliffhanger. Before moving forward, it will ask whether you're ready to advance the game ahead as it will lock you out from exploring everything else on the world map and the war table. Make sure that you're done with Orlais and Ferelden, because Trespasser will take you on a 10-hour adventure through lost lands and circuitous territory that brings your Inquisition to a loaded yet satisfying resolution.

Kotaku also has a review. No score - but they like it smile

http://kotaku.com/dragon-age-inquisition-trespasser-the-kotaku-review-1730594236

A quote, then:

Quote:
The final 20 minutes of Trespasser answers questions many players have had since Solas first revealed his true nature at the end of Inquisition. Those answers, which I won’t spoil here, are satisfying and even occasionally shocking, particularly for Dragon Age nerds like me. One lore-bomb in particular should completely redefine our understanding of the metaphysical history of Thedas, and lest you think the Dragon Age writing team simply made all this s*** up at the last minute....

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/16/15 05:11 PM

Thanks, Karsten wave

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 05:10 AM

Trespasser ends Inquisition's story line -- sort of -- and sets up the next game in the series, I'm thinking.

My Inquisitor, though, is left with lingering questions, and, according to the Epilogue, never really gets over what happens at the very end. I would like to see the Inquisitor show up in whatever game comes next, since s/he has a very personal stake in what comes next.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 09:59 AM

Thanks Karsten. wave

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 12:47 PM

Well I've gotten to the last battle and I can't kill Saarath.

Click to reveal..
I managed to get him low on health and party members keep telling me to use my mark. I use the mark and he doesn't die. Either I have a bug or I'm not doing it right. All posts I've read say to use the Mark and he will go away or die or whatever but not for me.

Guess I'll just watch the ending on youtube but I won't have the options that I worked for. At least I'll be able to see what happens anyway.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 02:28 PM

Oldman, that is so aggravating. I wonder if there is some small thing that would let you finish this.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 07:51 PM

I had trouble with this, too. I did get through the battle, but I have no idea how -- I just kept trying, and it was close, because my party was getting hammered and my focus kept depleting. It just eventually worked, which is pretty annoying.

I think you might have to use it right after your party member tells you to do it, but that could be entirely wrong.

Edit: I googled Dragon Age Inquisitor Trespasser final battle Youtube and got a lengthy video that showed the lead-up to the battle and the battle itself, and it definitely shows the Inquisitor using the mark AFTER Dorian says, "It's invulnerable, use your mark." This happens when all of the demons are down and Saarath has very little health left.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 08:55 PM

I haven't played this yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt. One thing I've noticed in past Bioware game boss battles that require micro-management of companions is that whatever device they've conceived to deliver a final blow is sometimes timed to a series of companion and situational inputs.

There tends to be a minor slow-down in battle just prior to the appropriate time to use whatever power delivers the killing blow. I think it may be to allow the game time to load the inevitable cut-scene that usually follows. This one sounds similar, so it may just be an odd timing issue. Try holding out for a few seconds after you're told to use that power, if you see a lull in the action after that, then use the mark.

I really have to give this game a go. The videos on this battle look very cool.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/17/15 11:59 PM

Trail, if you can it's a great idea to play the whole saga right from the beginning to see how all of your myriad choices affect subsequent games.

Dragon Keep is supposed to collate this for you so you can select your world background based on prior games, but in my case it only had data for two of my 5 wardens and neither of my Hawkes. It might work for you, though, if you played the previous games.

I'd elaborate more but I have a kitty in my lap and typing with one hand is difficult.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 02:56 AM

So, does this tie all the way back to choices you made in Dragon Age:Origins or does it start after that?

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 05:09 AM

Well I got my problem solved and as usual, it was user error (or stupid's fault). I was using the regular "Mark" key and I found out from the Bioware board that there was a special Mark I received along the way that is activated with the same key that you used previously to call your horse. Once I used the right key the sucker died and I was able to get to the ending.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 05:13 AM

Alllll the way back to your original Warden in DA:O; your character(s), what they did, how the game ended, who lived, who died, who ended up on the throne, and so on. There apparently some inconsistencies, but that's the gist of it.

I was surprised that only two of my characters showed up in Dragon Keep, and I have no idea what happened to my Hawke from Dragon Age 2. Even so, in my two game of Inquisition, I had two different world states through the game, though Alastair was king in both of them (which I always chose for him at the end of Dragon Age Origins).

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: oldman
Well I got my problem solved and as usual, it was user error (or stupid's fault). I was using the regular "Mark" key and I found out from the Bioware board that there was a special Mark I received along the way that is activated with the same key that you used previously to call your horse. Once I used the right key the sucker died and I was able to get to the ending.

Awesome oldman, I'm glad you figured it out. I know how absolutely frustrating it can be to continuously have a boss fight go south. It's funny, I had a similar thing happen in SWTOR. Being away from the game for so long I forgot about some of the abilities and ended up taking the long way round to win a boss fight when I could have just engaged a couple abilities I forgot I had and probably got it right the first time. Live and learn I guess lol

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Alllll the way back to your original Warden in DA:O; your character(s), what they did, how the game ended, who lived, who died, who ended up on the throne, and so on. There apparently some inconsistencies, but that's the gist of it.

I was surprised that only two of my characters showed up in Dragon Keep, and I have no idea what happened to my Hawke from Dragon Age 2. Even so, in my two game of Inquisition, I had two different world states through the game, though Alastair was king in both of them (which I always chose for him at the end of Dragon Age Origins).

Wow, the go all the way back then, that's wild. I started playing origins again not too long ago. I'll have to get back into it now. By the time I get through Origins and Awakening, Inquisition should have dropped in price grin

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 09/18/15 06:03 PM

Enjoy the ride. This is a wonderful series. It replaced Baldur's Gate in my heart.

EDIT: It's been a few years since I played DA:O, and I had forgotten just how good it is. In some ways, it is limited because the game world is confined to specific places, but I think that makes for better story-telling than the wide-open spaces of DA:Inquisition. In DA:O you focus only on the story, really, not getting side-tracked by side quests and obsessive item-finding. That being said, the Skyrim-style exploration of DA:I is much preferable to the very limited area of DA2, IMHO. All different, but all great, each in its own way.
Posted By: mcc

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/04/15 08:22 PM

I played The Descent and I am sorry to say I did not enjoyed it much. I still finished it but the ending is something else I did not like.

I hope this DLC is much better or, at least, I enjoy it more.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/04/15 09:28 PM

I hope so too, mcc. It is sad to play a game and not really enjoy it. luck

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/04/15 09:39 PM

The Descent was less than it could have been, I agree. The ending was world-changing, but other than that, it was great scenery punctuated by a lot of tough fights. It added nothing to the overall story arc of DA:I.

Trespasser is far better.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/05/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: mcc
I played The Descent and I am sorry to say I did not enjoyed it much. I still finished it but the ending is something else I did not like.

I hope this DLC is much better or, at least, I enjoy it more.

I'd have to agree that Descent was the weakest of the 3 DLCs. I found it a little boring and repetitious, but that may be just me.

As for Trespasser, I was hoping for more.
Click to reveal..
I was hoping to see more than just Solas explaining everything. I had hoped to see Morrigan and Flemeth with a better explanation of their relationship.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/06/15 02:10 AM

Oldman,

In my second game of DA:I, I drank the water and so Morrigan wasn`t even in Trespasser
Click to reveal..
and it looks as though Solas did away with Flemeth

I guess they had to work around that possibility in the Epilogue.

Solas was my favourite character in the game so I was glad to see an explanation for his actions. It`s funny, now that I`m playing DA:Origins again, the little statue of the Dread Wolf in the Dalish camp feels like an old friend.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/06/15 02:32 PM

I was on Origin last night staring at DA: Inquisition waiting for the price to go down. whistle

I'm modding up and playing through DA: Origins currently. So glad that the Nexus group has some great character mods. I always thought the elves' faces looked so tragic. My character always looked like he was about to break down and cry. Also going to give the Dragon Age: Reworked mod a shot, looks pretty amazing. While surfing through the nexus I found out that they have a UI tool for modding DA: Inquisition, which is nice. Apparently, some folks were a little disappointed that not all of the characters retained their original look from back in DA:Origins; the lack of Leliana's red hair seemed to be one of the big sticking points. lol

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/06/15 03:30 PM

Thanks, Trail, wave

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/09/15 06:18 PM

I am playing Tresspasser now and I like it much better than Descent.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/10/15 04:33 PM

I felt that Trespasser really ties up what you need to know about the Inquisitor, and I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next -- always a sign of decent storytelling. I liked the ending enough to replay the whole saga from soup to nuts, just to revisit the world knowing what you find out in Descent and Trespasser, starting with a new character in DA:O. I'd forgotten how much I liked Awakening. What a great DLC that was -- almost a whole game within itself, with tons of content. I wish they'd transferred over some of the new abilities to DA2 and DAI. Those Battlemage abilities are awesome.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/13/15 01:28 AM

Much better DLC, still many things left for the next game.

Something I did not like was the mark that was killing my Inquisitor unless I was checking all the time to be able to discharge it.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/13/15 05:15 AM

Yeah, I got nailed with the exploding Mark a few times until I learned to just keep spamming it. It did give some urgency to the ending, and it
Click to reveal..
sure did make you feel that the Inquisitor would die soon if it wasn't dealt with.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/13/15 04:01 PM

hagatha, I understand you played as a mage as I did, how was your selection for a party?

I had developed Cassandra and Blackwall as my tanks, one sword and shield and great ax for Blackwall. My team options were Dorian, Vivienne (that unfortunately I did not develop), Cassandra (she being Victoria I didn't expect), Sera and the Iron Bull appart from two members "not available": Cole and some rider that I don't ever know who he/she is.

Blackwall and Warrik no were to be seen. Was it the same for you?

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/14/15 02:36 AM

I never really used Cassandra. Blackwall was my main Tank, alternating with Iron Bull. Most of the time I had Sera in my party as my rogue, as she's awesome once her archery skills develop. She was my best asset in a dragon fight by the end of the game. And for a mage, I usually took Solas or Dorian. I didn't use Vivienne much.

In some games Caassandra will end up as Divine, but in other games, depending on your choices, it could be Vivienne or Leliana. I ended up with Cassandra in one of my games and Leliana in the other.

Incidentally, Dorian and Iron Bull will develop a "special friendship" with one another if you travel with both of them together a lot throughout the game, as long as you aren't romancing either of them. In my game they started to bicker and then flirt, but next time I'll drag them along more often to see where things go. grin

EDIT: I meant to add that I loved some of the party member interactions with each other and in my second game started to choose parties on that basis. Blackwall and Sera start riding Solas about what he gets up to with those spirits in the Fade. Cole outs Dorian in front of the other party members. Vivienne makes breathlessly condescending remarks to Blackwall. Sera and Iron Bull and Sera and Blackwall pal around like the naughty boys they are. Lots of fun.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/14/15 02:10 PM

Thanks hagatha!

I was just surprise the little choice of party members I had in Trespasser particularly absence of Blackward that I chose many times during the main game .

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/14/15 08:05 PM

All of my party members were available in Inquisition (except, of course, for Solas, that little rascal).

I had their approvals maxed out, and although I had Blackwall join the Wardens, he was apparently allowed to come to the Inquisition to support the Inquisitor. Iron Bull was there, and I think that might be because I saved the Chargers in my second game. Dorian came all the way from Tevinter, though he told me he was going back permanently after the Conclave.

The only character who wasn't there was Morrigan, and that was because my Inquisitor drank from the Well in my second game.

It all depends on the choices you make and how much your party members like you, I guess.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/15/15 05:17 PM

It must be my party members did not like me think frown

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/16/15 04:10 AM

I think it partly has to do with party member approval, and partly due to choices you've made.

I had to laugh at Vivienne and the day at the spa. There was a point in my game where she would barely speak to me, she disapproved so much. Now I'm her BFF.

But the high point of it all for me was Cullen and the dog. I mean, poor Cullen has been so confused and stern and straight-laced through the entire saga, and at the end of it all he gets a little doggy and just melts. Too cute.

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/16/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
and at the end of it all he gets a little doggy and just melts. Too cute.

Hey, everyone melts for dogs puppy lab lol wave

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/16/15 06:16 PM

A little dog? You need glasses rotfl

Re: DA: Inquisition - Tresspasser DLC Announced - 10/16/15 11:52 PM

To me, they're ALL little doggies. Except for the ones that bite.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community