GB HOMEPAGE

witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown

Posted By: oldman

witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/06/15 05:47 PM

For those of you, like me, who have been waiting for this DLC, GOG now has a countdown to the download date. As of this post they now have 6 days, 6 hours and change until it will be available for download.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/06/15 05:52 PM

Thanks, Oldman wave
Posted By: mcc

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/09/15 06:26 PM

I am waiting for it too, I played the DLC for game + and it was good.

Does anyone know how to get the boxed version? There is supposed to be a limited number of them.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/13/15 04:33 AM

Well it has arrived and I am downloading it as I post this. There is also a new patch 1.10 that fixes a lot of things and adds content. The patch is huge and has too much content to be able to list. If interested just search for patch 1.10. I just started a new game while waiting for the Add on and already see some content added in the prologue.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/13/15 04:03 PM

Downloading the DLC happydance

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/13/15 04:25 PM

Thanks, Guys wave

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/13/15 06:26 PM

oldman did not joke saying the patch is huge, I had to delete 2 games in the PS4 (they put a too small disk) because the patch could not download during the night. Then I will not be able to play until later today.

I don't know if I should replay all because the new patch, despite having played twice including game+ and had good ending, or start after last ending.
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/13/15 07:35 PM

Thanks Oldman!

Yet another good game I need to play! So many awesome games and DLC out in the last year or so and more to come with the holidays coming up. I'm still waiting for the pay to play job...ahem...MaG? whistle lol

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/14/15 03:26 PM

For some reason yesterday I posted twice here and the posts disappeared. This is just a test to see if this disappears again.

I have started the DLC today after the long patch downloaded yesterday.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/15/15 07:21 PM

mcc, you are still here wave wink

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/15/15 10:20 PM

thanks l4l!

No idea what happened. Playing the DLC, starting after the game+ finish. I may play every thing again if the patch made much difference.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/16/15 04:04 AM

I decided to start a new game and play through before I enter the Hearts of Stone Quest. It is said that you are supposed to be at level 32 before you begin so I'm hoping with the new patch and a lot of quests repaired I may be able to obtain that level. I think the best I did before was level 28 so I'm working real hard to finish all quests possible before moving on to the main quests.

I've noticed a few differences with the patch so far but nothing drastic. However, I'm still on Chapter one so maybe when I get to the new free DLC's etc. some differences will show up.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/16/15 03:46 PM

luck wave

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/17/15 07:53 PM

oldman, did you start in game+ mode? then you need a lever that doubles the requirement but the beginning and the sidequests are easier, the bosses are not.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/18/15 12:23 AM

No I just started in regular mode. If I don't reach my goal of level 32 then I can always start the DLC from scratch and the game will start me out at level 32. I'm just hoping I can get to it this way. Plus I also wanted to see what the patch has to offer. I know there was one quest later on in the game that was unfinishable because the monster wouldn't die but I've forgotten now which quest it was. I'm hoping that it will be one of the quests they repaired.

Re: witcher 3 DLC Hearts of Stone countdown - 10/18/15 03:57 PM

Playing in easy mode there should not be problem to get 32 by the end of the game.

There are sets of armor and weapons, if you have not used this it may help your game, you can check HERE , it is easy to find them googling for the locations if you have missed the maps to find them. I did not know these sets existed when I found 2 maps for Ursine gear and later I looked for the rest. I have now a complete set and a couple of other things from the other 2 sets.

I think it is better to play on your on game because it is possible that the second DLC can be applied after this following the same game.

Since you will be playing the DLC grab everything you can, for selling, since money is important in the DLC, I guess in preparation for the next.

Finished Hearts of Stone - 10/23/15 07:00 PM

Here there are some tips for playing the game in preparation of the DLC and the DLC itself. There are not real spoilers but some people may prefer not knowing anything about it, the I am putting it as spoiler.

Click to reveal..
Play the game to have as much money as possible, preferably play in game+, in my opinion this will be more important in the second part of the DLC because the expensive enchanting gear one can get doesn't seem to be indispensable in the first part. Try to get at least one special set of armor-weapons (The Griffin, Feline and Ursine), check which one is more convenient for your style of play.

Bigger tips and spoiler

Click to reveal..
The DLC has a chance of romance that does not seem to interfere with your main romance as long as you play after the end but I don't know what can happen in the second part of the DLC.
The game has different endings, to get the best possible ending it is important, but I am not sure of it, to do an optional quest almost at the end visiting Shani and following up visiting the professor that gives a useful tip)

Re: Finished Hearts of Stone - 10/23/15 07:38 PM

Thanks, Mcc. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community