GB HOMEPAGE

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam

Posted By: Marian

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 12:31 AM

Some folks who played this years ago considered it to be one of the greatest action RPGs ever.

Now they have released an anniversary edition which contains many, many improvements and tweaks. Here is a full list of the changes.

Here is the link to the game on GOG.

Here is the link to the game on Steam.

And - you can pick it up for $4.99 - a 75% discount is being offered right now, good until September 7th.

It also includes the Immortal Throne expansion.

wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 02:32 PM

Hi.

Thanks, Marion grin

This looks to be a really good game - but do you know if the combat is "turn based" ??

[If it's "real time" I probably couldn't cope.]

Cheers.

Mad wave2

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 02:52 PM

Hi Mad, the combat is real time - like Diablo. wave
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 04:03 PM

Thanks, Marian wave
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 04:30 PM

Thanks Marian, I forgot all about Titan Quest.

For those who haven't played it, while it is a hack & slash and button-masher to some extent, it also contains a good (albeit linear) story line (written by a very skilled movie playwright/screen play writer) and a decent guided character development aspect. The skill trees and ability to hybrid your builds as you level give it a certain amount of re-playability for those who like to experiment with that aspect of a game. While character accouterments are somewhat limited, it is pretty much, as they say, a Loot-fest and there's no shortage of available weapons. If you liked Diablo, it's definitely worth the $5 sale price because the game play is so similar.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 04:49 PM

Thanks for that info, Trail.

We had some good Titan Quest discussions here years ago.

Here is one of them. I find these old threads fun (and educational) to read.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/01/16 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Hi Mad, the combat is real time - like Diablo. wave

Thanks, Marian grin

Have to have a longer think about this one, then yes
Posted By: oldman

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 03:12 PM

Great price and I bought it from GOG. I played it years ago but don't remember it.

Mad the real time combat is the bad news, the good news is that every time you die you go to your last save point (of which there are many) and you don't lose any specs or inventory. So you can kind of adjust all that.

Now I have a quick question for anyone who is familiar with this game. It didn't seem to come with a manual so I'm rather stumped on some of the combat mechanics. Anyway, can someone tell me how to use spells? I've been putting points into the Ice type spell things and one of them is storm. I can't for the life of me though figure out how to use them.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 03:36 PM

I would be surprised if the GOG game didn't download a manual along with the game - did you try looking in C: and then double-clicking on the GOG Games folder? If Titan Quest is in there, see if there is a manual.

Otherwise, I found this online and maybe this will help:

Quote:
Look at the bottom bar under "Attack", there should be two boxes, the left one is for the left mouse button, the right one is for the right mouse button. Right click on the left one to choose an available attack/action for it to do when you left click attack an enemy. Right click the right one to choose an available spell to cast when you right click.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 04:27 PM

Thank you Marian. That was the answer. I just overlooked that Attack thingy. I can now cast spells. Can't wait to try Storm.
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 04:47 PM

This looks pretty good (runs off to buy it on GOG).

grin

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 05:04 PM

Enjoy! smile

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/02/16 11:56 PM

In case anyone is interested here is a pdf download of the manual/quick reference guide: Titan Quest

It's actually from Steam, but should give the same basic info.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/03/16 12:27 AM

Thanks, Trail. wave

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/03/16 01:27 PM

"Mad the real time combat is the bad news, the good news is that every time you die you go to your last save point (of which there are many) and you don't lose any specs or inventory. So you can kind of adjust all that."

Thanks, oldman grin

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/03/16 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
This looks pretty good (runs off to buy it on GOG).

grin

Yep, same here. Yet another retro to add to my growing GOG library. I really need to retire soon, so I can have time to play all these games lol

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/04/16 02:18 PM

Hah !! And good luck with that !! rolleyes

I am retired but still have a stack of unplayed games rivalling the Eiffel Tower lol
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/05/16 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Hah !! And good luck with that !! rolleyes

I am retired but still have a stack of unplayed games rivalling the Eiffel Tower lol

Yeah, me too. Some of it is stuff I bought for a song on GOG and may never play, but there are many gems, too.

Between fishing and general boating, gardening, and walking my cat every day, there isn't all that much gaming time, especially as I have a stack of shows on Netflix waiting for me, too.

Phew! I'm busier than ever.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/05/16 07:36 PM

I do intend to play everything in my stacks, hagatha, although I might have to survive to a 100 years of age and still have eyes and fingers that work to manage it !! evil

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/10/16 04:25 PM

Now I remember why I didn't get through Titan Quest the first time.
Click to reveal..
There is a quest fairly early in the game where the main monsters in the quest (there are three of them) each keep replenishing their health while plummeting me to death, and each time I died and went back to the renewal point they, of course gained full health.

Too much for me and I can't find any cheats to get me past that. mad hardwall

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/10/16 05:46 PM

Did you check out the website Cheat Happens? It looks like they have a lot of cheats available for this version of the game.

Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on GOG and Steam - 09/10/16 10:03 PM

Yes I downloaded their trainer but it doesn't work.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community