GB HOMEPAGE

Murdered: Soul Suspect ?

Posted By: nolalou

Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/05/17 07:37 PM

I found this game on Steam, but I don't see any reviews on Gameboomers. Looks like it came out in 2014. A noir mystery where you play a detective who has to solve his own murder from the afterlife.
Anybody heard of it or played it? Looks like it could be good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233290/
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/05/17 08:57 PM

I played it and I liked it quite a bit. It has some ghouls in it that you have to fight or try to avoid. I wasn't crazy about that part. I did read somewhere in Steam that you can change some setting so you don't have to deal with the ghouls. If/when I get around to replaying the game I might do that, mostly because there is a lot of stuff to find that fill in the story and I was not able to do that while worrying about ghouls.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/05/17 09:02 PM

This was a new one to me. I like that you can turn the ghouls part off.

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/05/17 09:43 PM

Actually, I was coming back in here to clarify that. It is NOT an actual game setting. It is something in the game program file someplace.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/05/17 11:21 PM

This is actually an action adventure by the developer so I will move it there.
Posted By: Carolin

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/08/17 06:37 PM

I thought it was a really good game. The ghouls aren't that difficult, more time-consumming. I did play it on the Xbox 360, so I couldn't do anything with them than fight. Tried it on PC, but could not find any way to change the Controls and they were horrendious. I think that was because they were made for right-handed, and I'm left-handed, so using the wasd are difficult for me.
But, the game was great.

Caroline.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 02/08/17 06:43 PM

Thanks so much for telling us about your opinion of the game, Caroline. It's appreciated, and helpful to other players. wave
Posted By: Badgerladi

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 10/29/19 01:18 AM

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game, albeit a different style of play than I am usually drawn to [collect/combine/use inventory ie: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes].

The fact that I live less than an hour from Salem, MA [games geographic location] contributes to the overall appeal for me. I found the story line well thought out, and the unique way clues are acquired/used by the main character feel like a natural deductive process. I also appreciate the "side cases" which in my opinion added a little more intrigue to the game.

I'm definitely an old time adventure gamer, so the demon battling component of this game was a bit of a turn off. I used the guide available at Steam to disable them, and it was a very quick and easy solution.

After completing the game the first time, and failing to get all the extra clues/achievements I decided to play again with that goal in mind. In the middle of it currently, so not sure if I will be successful but it certainly is fun trying.

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 10/29/19 01:37 AM

Thanks for your thoughts on the game Badgerladi. I didn't have success disabling the ghouls when I tried to replay the game and never did finish it that time, but I plan to give it another try as I really enjoyed the game also.
Posted By: Badgerladi

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 10/29/19 01:48 AM

If you have any problems disabling the demons feel free to private message me and I'll be happy to assist you.

I hope you are able to finish this game and enjoy all it has to offer. luck

Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect ? - 10/29/19 01:53 AM

Thanks. I did play it through one time all the way (with the ghouls). I just couldn't do much of the side stuff or find all of the story info because of them though. That's why I want to disable them. Not sure when I'm going to attempt it again. So many games I'm trying to get to.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community